A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Isnt there one person on here that works for JLG in FL. - MT

Posted: Jun 15, 2011

Would like some info on this company.

Probably very few - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Rumor has it that many of them are in India even though they swear up and down that they don't offshore.

I worked for them within the past year, FT employee. They laid me and others off via e-mail... no notice, and not for poor work performance. Unless things have changed drastically, they have the most obnoxious, rude, and incompetent management staff I've ever encountered... lots of NJA and bouncing between several different accounts all with different account specs, too.

IMO, horrible company. Stay away.

Agree with you about obnoxious and rude - management SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Worked for them years ago. Horrible experience.

Obnoxious and rude - ex-JLG-er

[ In Reply To ..]
Me too, worked there about 3 years ago. Paycheck was consistently always at least 10 days late. Got laid off from company because they said I didn't want to work when I repeatedly kept asking for another account because the one account I had never had any work! Stay away....

JLG - Jiggle

[ In Reply To ..]
I just checked out their Website. I see no claim to hire U.S.-based transcriptionists only. The MTSOs that do hire only U.S.-based MTs are very proud to announce it, especially in their ads, with capital letters and exclamation points. Maybe the reason they "swear up and down" that they're not offshoring to India is because they're offshoring to--let me see--the Philippines? (ha!)

JLG - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to work for them. Never again.

Thanks all. Buyer beware and move on. - PAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Called twice and not interested after these posts.

How ludicrous. You don't know who is posting this nor why. - Need more information to make such a decision.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Isnt It Illegal For A Potential Employer To Ask Your Age?
Nov 16, 2009

Have any of you had the feeling you weren't getting callbacks from employers you applied with because of your age?  I've been getting that feeling, and I thought that discrimination based on age, among other things, was illegal. So of course, the answer would be to just not fill in your date of birth, right?  Well, lately I've applied at a few places where the ONLY way to apply was online.  I had actually called them because I wanted to either come in and fill out ...

We Were Just Told We Lost A Client. So I Guess 99.6% Isnt Good Enough
Jan 16, 2014

If you paid your workers a LIVING WAGE they might actually give a flying flip about what they are doing instead of rushing through to the next report so they can grab all the pennies they can.    DISGUSTING!!!! ...

Doc Dictates "supranasal" But Isnt It "superonasal Conjunctival Fornix". Not In
Aug 25, 2010

:) ...

Thank You To The Person Below Who
Nov 25, 2011

posted directions on changing window color in Win 7.  I changed mine to a light grey and somehow changed something when fiddling around with this that made the letters a more bold black color and what a difference it made.  My eyes do not feel strained like they did with the stark white background and ligher black letters.  Thanx. ...

So Sorry, QA Person, For The Job
Jul 20, 2012

Over 1000 seconds, took me 1-1/2 hours to do.  Total waste of my time.  Indian doctor who did not speak clearly.  I can't wait to see my line count today...not ...

QA Person
Jul 30, 2012

What exactly are the duties of a QA person?  Whenever I make a mistake she lets me know, of course, but she is always adding a snide remark and make me feel like I am still in school.  I am sick and tired of it.  I am thinking about complaining to my CCM, but I am not sure I want go that route yet.  I have saved all of her sarcastic comments.  So I made a mistake, she is not perfect.  She should just tell me about it and let it go.  I am not stupid.  I ack ...

Am I The Only Person...
Oct 02, 2012

Has not been given the go ahead for HIPAA training?  I got 2 e-mails in the past few months from CCM, stating to have it done by "the date they say," but nobody ever gave me a date.  I wrote to CCM who said "they" would be sending out an e-mail letting me know.  Just hope I didn't miss anything for this year's. ...

That Person Is Here Again
Nov 21, 2012

gets the whole nasty message into the subject and nickname/alias lines and then leaves the message blank? Hates on everybody?  Happy Thanksgiving nm. ...

Anybody Else Have A QA Person
Jan 01, 2014

Honestly, every time I get a big ding it is from one person. Everyone else seems to not mark me off much. Pardon my paranoia, but I just have to wonder if this person is targeting me and poring through my work until they find the one that has the errors and that's the one they end up reviewing. And about these "Major Errors" (or otherwise) - one middle digit off in platelets, really? 3 points? I know that is officially the rule, but to my knowledge unless platelets are particularly low or ...

To The Person Below With The $1,000
Jun 07, 2015

I read what you wrote and it touched my heart.  You sound like a really nice person who is just looking for the right option for you. I understand that. Like I said, it touched my heart, so I started brainstorming in your behalf from what I did and what might work for you.  Please don't laugh at my suggestions. They come from my heart. You mentioned that you wouldn't be able to use the $1,000 for Andrews. I can't remember what school you were required to use it at, but ...

VR Person From Thread Way Down Below.
Jan 20, 2010

When a company decides to make an account VR, are all the reports a mess to begin with for weeks or months until the voice engine (sorry if that's the wrong term) learns from the "straight" transcription that is done?  Why do different platforms matter (i.e., E-scription versus M-Modal, etc).  Is it possible for a company to get an account and make it VR from day 1, or do they have MTs do regular transcription on it for awhile? I guess I'm just trying to figure outwhat I sho ...

I'm Not A Violent Person. Really, I'm Not. BUT...
Apr 07, 2010

There is this PA in the South.  I want to hurt him badly. Seriously.  I want to poke sharp objects into his eyes or something.  He seems to dictate for everyone in this stinking hospital (which has the WORST sound quality, by the way) but he CAN'T TALK FOR CRAP!!!! I don't know what it is with this guy.  He can't even pronounce his own name clearly.  He talks as if he has his mouth stuffed full of cotton balls and Q-Tips shoved up his nose. All the wh ...

To The Person Looking For Former QKLs, Etc...
Jun 14, 2010

Please email me!  I don't know how to get in contact with you but I sent my resume to the address you had in the post.  I worked with you at the Q and hope you remember me.  I listed your name in my email. A.P. ...

LMV Or LNV....when Referring To A Person What Does This Mean?
Jul 20, 2010

Sounds like LMV or LMT...the elderly gentleman saw his LMV/LNV after he had injured himself. ...

To The Person Who E-mailed Me About TAA -
Jun 15, 2011

Your e-mail said:  "I'm in California and was told I can't apply for it unless I get let go specifically because they are offshoring my job, and then only after I'm already on unemployment. Did you get MQ to tell you that?"   No.  The caseworker for my TAA case told me that.  Said if I knew of anyone else to tell them as well.  Even if you have not LOST your job at all but have lost work, go apply for unemployment benefits and tell them your employer ha ...

Does Every Team Have That Person Who Gets 300+ LPH
Nov 28, 2013

and 100% QA?  I wonder if that's the rabbit in front of the dogs at the dogtrack to make us run and they don't really exist. ...

New Person Starting Out
Jan 19, 2015

I worked in this business over 30 years and my daughter has always had an interest.  She talked to the major school and they told her the starting salary is about 40,000, and that a large proportion pay by the hour.  I told her the truth about the hours and about what she could expect to make with pay going down so much.  I would like some feedback about what new people out of school are seeing as far as the pay now.  It's been a long time since I actually transcribed, I ...

FB Spelling Error For A QA Person!
Jun 29, 2010

I had a FB friend suggestion and I decided to go and check it out:   Employer:  _ _ _ _-_ _ _ (2009) Qaulity Assurance Editor At least now I know I won't apply for the opening this company has posted...if the QA people can't spell, what does that say about the company? Lesson in this is:  ALWAYS check your grammar and spelling no matter where you are posting.  You never know who is looking and for what purpose. ...

Person Looking For Advice On MT School
May 11, 2010

A friend is asking me for advice on becoming an MT.  My first instinct is to talk them out of it, as this career is on a fast track down the pooper.  But I'm sure they'll insist.  Anyone know of any good transcription schools that are legit?  I have no idea, because I didn't go to school for MT.  I got a lucky start from a relative who was an MTSO.    Thanks for any suggestions! ...

How Does A Person Become An Independent Contractor?
Aug 12, 2010

I was just wondering how does a person become an independent contractor? I see a lot of job openings for them but not really sure what is involved. Could someone explain how to go about getting into being and independent contractor?  Thank you so much! ...

In Reponse To The Person Who Flunked Their
Nov 01, 2010

the word "the," can you imagine how hard it will be to find another job when you have failed audits?  People probably assume (and rightly so) that you put in erroneous information or left out vital information from dictation -- something that brought about harm to the patient.  There is no way you could possibly get them to believe that in reality you put out beautiful work every day all day, and it was a discrepancy over whether the dictation read "Lab tests were normal" versus "The l ...

What Is An IV Fluid Given To A Person For Dehydration
Nov 12, 2010

What is an IV fluid given to a person for dehydration that sounds like defibrinous lactaid? ...

How Much Is The Medical Insurance For One Person Or Two?
Nov 23, 2010

Could someone please tell me, how much is the medical insurance for one person or two?  Is there a choice between HMO and PPO?  Thank you. ...

To The Person Who Quit Yesterday
Jul 10, 2012

Just curious if you heard from them?? ...

Can I Find At Least ONE Person Satisfied With At Least
Sep 11, 2012

What is it that's keeping you there, whether insurance, paid time off, line count, steady accounts.  Please, I would like to know if it is worth giving a try.  TIA ...

I Love It When I Email My QA Person....
Dec 03, 2012

with questions multiple times and she never responds, but then I get an email asking me to respond to confirm receipt of her message and she emails me every day until I do! ...

Every Person Here Should Be Calling Their Congressman And Asking Why
Apr 09, 2013

Its one thing when private business with private equity sends jobs overseas.  It is entirely another when Medicare and Medicaid is supporting job growth in India.  Why are we not emassing in the halls of Congress????   This affects every American, not just MTs. ...

Info From An Actual QC Person
Jun 20, 2013

I have seen a LOT of posts on here about QC and most of them are completely inaccurate.  Since we have joined with Nuance I think things have gotten very confusing and this is where some of misinformation is coming from.  Quality is now split in two, predelivery and post delivery.  Those of us in predelivery (QC1) are told NOT to "ding" the MLS for for any kind of punctuation unless for some rare reason it would impact patient care.  We are told to use a very light hand and m ...

Insurance For Single Person ?
Jul 28, 2013

I know it is not great, but I am coming to point where I have no choice.  Can anyone tell me what the rates are for a single person and whether it covers prescriptions/office visits, what deductible is?   Thank you in advance. ...

Do You Ever Have To Work While A Repair Person....
Oct 23, 2014

.....in your house, like, say, your furnace or your plumbing? I would be afraid of breaking the HIPAA laws, but as we all know, repairmen/women do not work around our schedules....they come when they can.  And when ya gotta get it done, ya gotta get it done! Just wondering how you all handle it. ...