A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Got offered a job with Modal. How is this company? - Curious

Posted: May 14, 2013

Xx

The best advice I can give you is to keep on reading. - This company is SCARY dishonest. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

I liked it at MModal - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
However, I was very fortunate with them. I was tier 3 and I made 6 cpl for editing and 9 cpl for straight typing. I always had plenty of work. Only ran out occasionally over the holidays. I recently left because I am getting out of the MT and just started a really good job with decent hourly pay. If it had been possible for me to stay on with them, part-time IC I would have; but no way could I work 24 hours a wk for them and 40 hours at my new job. So I had to leave. I would recommend them. Not everyone is unhappy working for them and not everyone's experience is the same.

I do think that they are now hiring everyone in at 8 for straight typing and 4 for editing; it's possible you would be eligible for a raise after a period of time depending on your tier level, but don't quote me.

Some people are being hired at 7/3, at least that - is what I have seen on here. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Yes, they hire low leaving tiny bit of room to go up. But if - MT never asks for a raise, so much SM
[ In Reply To ..]
the better for MM. They get an MT at a bargain price. Those ones that do ask for a raise, if they are good MTs, they will get it but not over a certain amount, which is too low for a good MT. But MTs stay here and work, so they must be okay with that.

How are they scary dishonest. They will tell you right out pay will not - go up and you will not get a raise SM

[ In Reply To ..]
above the highest level as they set it - 6 cpl VR at the very highest, not that you will start out there, and maybe 8-9 cpl highest for ST. They make no bones about they send work OS and their goal is to send more work OS. What are they dishonest about?

Too - many

[ In Reply To ..]
things to name. One of them was the very big lie that VR will double your line counts and VR will learn.
That lie was told by EVERY MTSO, not just MM. That lie - was first told by ppl selling VR. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Whatever, it was - a lie
[ In Reply To ..]
What do you think MModal is? It is a software company that scams it's employees.
I know what it is, I work there. ALL MTSO are a scam in one - way or another. But MM doesnt lie. They Sm
[ In Reply To ..]
will tell ya the gruesome truth to your face. Probably cause it is just easier to be truthful about all the sad changes than to try to lie around what is so obvious.

I dont know why MTs seem so surprised that this is the reality of MT now. This is business. $ is the bottom line, not your feelings or if you can pay your bills.
Who's - surprised
[ In Reply To ..]
MM does lie. Everyone has their own personal history of lies they were told. I have a bunch of them. If you haven't been lied to, then good for you. I have and many others have.
If you cant give examples, not believable. Why should they lie. - MTs still work there knowing the truth. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I really don't care - if you believe it or not
[ In Reply To ..]
xxx
Why are you so hostile? - mr defender
[ In Reply To ..]
They do lie. I was told I would have my same accounts, did not happen. I was told my work did not go offshore, big lie. I was told the holidays were the reason for the low work, woah... another lie. I was told I would get a standardized profile for all 20 accounts I have to do, wait, is that yet another lie?
True. You are right but who believe those lies. It has been - posted ++ times that will happen. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
If an MT really thinks those things are true, she is pretty naive and she has never been to MTStars or talked to a more experienced MT.
Hopefully, as more MTs know those things are lies, they will - call their MTSO on it when they SM
[ In Reply To ..]
are told they are being sold down the river.

But again, lies or no lies, enough MTs work here that what difference does it make. If your sensibilities are so offended by a lie, why work here? Oh yea, if you are that insulted by lies, you would not even be an MT.
Those lies only apply to bought out MTs. OP was hired - on her own. No same accts, etc. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
MM did lie once. And got caught and punished, even though the - degree of punishment was too low. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
They have probably learned the lesson not to lie. And they are finding out they dont have to anymore. They are up front and honest with the gruesome facts, but MTs keep signing up to work under those conditions.
Too many to name? Name just 3 besides no raises,low pay, - OS, which they will tell ya straight out. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

to each their own - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone will have their own opinion whether MModal is a good company to work for, but I'll tell you my experience. I started with them in 2006; straight transcribing, 8 cents a line. That seemed reasonable since I didn't have to worry about paying my own taxes as I was a previous IC and I got benefits from them. However, over the years, my pay has been cut by 50% (I kid you not) due to voice recognition, them taking away bonuses, the poor quality of the voice recognition files to edit, etc. Seriously, after being in the field for 35 plus years, I'm looking for another job. I do believe they will do everything in their power to "nickel and dime" us to death until we are working for 1 cent a line.

We got a 40% cut in pay for editing SR. Now I am earning 50% less - now minimum wage

[ In Reply To ..]
98% of the work is SR. Recently, the COO stated the average SR lph is 186. Multiply that by 4 cents per line and that is minimum wage for most. There are some lucky people have accounts that have good ASR output and/or accounts with standards to pull in. My lph for each report is 99% dependent on the quality of the output which, for my accounts, is pretty bad. So, basically, my pay is the result of the quality of work by others whom I have no control.

Also note that you will not get paid for any patient or carbon copy information you enter, i.e. headers or footers.

As bad as it is for me here, I stay, for now, because my schedule allows me to take classes, and I will be done at the end of the year and out of here. I have been an MT for over 25 years and would rather do transcription, but the state of the industry has forced me to sadly leave.

Curious - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
RUN, RUN, RUN and don't look back!

How do they offer jobs when they just laid off - so many???

[ In Reply To ..]
Makes my head wobble. I would think they would be calling back those they laid off first.

This company is something else.

The ones - that I

[ In Reply To ..]
know that got laid off would not come back. I wish they would lay me off. This place just gets worse and worse every day.

Working for MModal - Done

[ In Reply To ..]
I would be with them 35 years this August 1st and today is my last day. Cannot do it anymore... it is a sweatshop. Very low pay (no raise since 2000) once you reach their "top tier." They have cut my pay by 50% over the years and I now make what I made in 1982! It is time to go, so I am leaving the field of transcription and moving on after transcribing for 39 years total. Scary, but ready to make an actual paycheck again. I would not advise anyone to do it, but this is just me.

I hope this is a joke. They just laid a lot of people off and still too low on work. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It seems like they need to lay off some HR people since they don't seem to know - when to quit hiring. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Don't - forget...

[ In Reply To ..]
the 99% accuracy requirement. I worked for them nearly 2 years before I started getting audited (harassed) nearly weekly over this and threatened with termination. Trying to maintain this standard, I have seen my pay go down even further to where I now only make about $200 a week.

This, and probably - most MT jobs now

[ In Reply To ..]
are great if you don't mind doing about 25% or more of your work for free. The Fluency VR program is disgraceful and the added features, graphs, inactive time monitors, etc., give it even more of a sweatshop feel. Two words for working at MM: Absolutely. Horrible.

Bottom line, what matters is what do you make per hour. If - make $15-20 an hour, those things SM

[ In Reply To ..]
dont seem to bad. And yes, we should be paid for everything but shoulda, woulda, coulda. These are the parameters we work within doing MT and if you cant find your niche within those parameters, this work is not for you.

Sure, if you are making minimum, doing ANYTHING for free is not acceptable. But an MT needs to figure her pay per hour and then decide if what that figure is will be adequate for the lifestyle she wants. If it isnt, she needs to find another job or get a different job. No since making yourself a victim by staying in a situation you cant live with.

Why not try it - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
A job is a job..I dont work hard and I make about 10 an hour, I always have work, and personally I really like their platform. Ive tried other companies, and while they may seem to treat you better, their platforms are way harder to learn..Personal choice, try it, if you dont like it move on..Nobody is holding a gun to your head making anyone stay here, although, at times it sure feels that way the way people complain.

Similar Messages:

Have Tested And Been Offered A Position With M*Modal.
Sep 29, 2012

All of the negative posts on here and the company board are making me think I'm going to decline the offer.  Sad thing is, I have already caught them in a contradiction, which confirms what many of you have said one can expect from this company.  I sure wish I could find a company that appreciates what we do for them and shows it by not misrepresenting what they have to offer and by paying a decent wage so as to encourage its people to stay put.  I'm tired of a ...

Company Who Uses M-Modal
Apr 24, 2012

Can anyone suggest a good company who uses M Modal besides Medquist?  Thanks ...

M*Modal - Anything Good To Say About This Company?
Jun 13, 2012

Anything good to say about this company?  They are advertising for acute care FT home based.  Anyone know the line rate?  I understand they pay Radiology reports by report, anyone know that rate?  Anyone been with them more than a year?  What about the sign on bonus?  Anyone ever receive that? ...

My Company Was Outsourced To M*Modal.
Jul 08, 2014

Hi: My company has been outsourced to M*Modal. I am used to getting paid by the hour. I wanted to know from transcriptonists who are presently hired by them, how much can I expect realistically to make in 4 hours working part-time from Tuesday to Saturday? Can someone please respond to this post. Thank you, Worried about future pay.... :( ...

What Company M-Modal Uses For Dental Insurance
Aug 28, 2013

Can anyone tell me what company M-Modal uses for dental insurance ...

Company Thinking Of Switching To M*Modal
Dec 18, 2013

Company thinking of switching to M*Modal...any comments from those who have used this program, yay, nay...any comments are greatly appreciated. ...

M-Modal. I Have Not Applied To This Company. I Have Gotten 4 E-mails Thanking My For My Applicatio
Feb 21, 2012

nm ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

Wow!! I Was Just Offered 2 Cpl To QA!!
Jan 20, 2010

Why dont they just start asking us to work for free!  At that rate I dont even think you make minimum wage!  This is obviously not even because of outsourcing.  I think what has happened is that a lot of work has gone overseas, but the remaining work that the transcription companies are getting is still paying a half-ways decent rate but they have taken a small cut to keep them.  Then they turn around and pay NOTHING to get it transcribed so the people running the companies a ...

Did Anyone Get Offered The Job For QTS?
Jul 13, 2012

Just wondering if anyone got the job offer from QTS? They sent me questions and answered my question and that was it. Thanks. ...

I Was Offered
Nov 08, 2014

Farewell Nuance.  My only regret is not taking this step sooner.  ...

Offered Job At Softscript
Jun 28, 2010

offered job at Softscript; anyone familiar with this company? ...

OT Was Offered Yesterday
May 18, 2010

x ...

Offered A Job By VMR-Transfer
May 18, 2010

I am one of the people who received a contract and was offered a job by VMR-Transfer, but when I called and emailed about hrs/lines/days required, my messages were never returned. I know there was a thread about this previously as many other people had the same problem. I'm just wondering if anyone has actually started working for them yet and if this really is a legitimate company. Thanks ...

Would Any Of You Take A Buyout From MQ If Offered?
Jun 20, 2010

In past months I have read on this board, with dismay, so many posts about long-time MQ MTs/MEs failing consecutive audits, and eventually being discharged. I think it is a major coincidence that so many employees are suddenly and consistently failing to meet the same quality standards they always met. I think it’s a flimsy contrivance to get rid of the more highly paid employees and replace them with cheaper newbies while avoiding an age discrimination actions because those higher-paid pe ...

Offered Job With Transtech
Jul 20, 2011

Is ANYone happy there? ...

Just Offered Position Of CCM
Oct 04, 2011

I'm certainly uncertain of taking such a position.  Is there anyone out there who has been/is a CCM and can tell me what it's like...pay, stress, pay, hours, pay, etc.  TIA ...

New Service Offered
May 21, 2012

psychiatrist at Wal-Mart for depression.   ...

Job Positions Offered
Jul 20, 2012

Which job position is more profitable MT/ME or Quality Analyst?  Does Quality Analyst ever run out of work?  Are both paid on production?  Pondering a position with M*Modal. I qualify for both positions is all I have been told thus far--have not really inquired further. ...

Proscript Or TTS? Been Offered Both.
Nov 08, 2013

x ...

Overtime Being Offered
Aug 12, 2014

There goes our weekend line count.  ...

Sheesh - First OT Offered And Now NJA - Anyone Else?
Sep 14, 2014

x ...

Again... OOW Due To OT Offered Yesterday
Jan 27, 2015

We were out of TAT once last week and since then if there are more than 2 (well maybe I am exaggerating here) jobs in the pools they open up OT.  Everyone needs to make money, so of course many of us come in and work.  Understandable.  But TSMs need to cut it off at some point so we don't wind up with nothing in the morning and slow, slow, slow to build up during the day once it is cleaned out at night.  They want you to come back in early afternoon and make up ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Is Anyone Familiar With E-Trans? I Was Just Offered A Job With Them.
Mar 19, 2010

Employee Offered Insurance... Not Really Better Than My Own??
Jun 03, 2010

I am new to the MTSO thing.  IC for 10 years and bought my own health insurance.  It was $242.00 a month, and I let it go a few months ago after losing my job.  Now I am being offered by my employer an HSA plan for around the same amount or a PPO plan for around $300.00.  (this is them paying 60% and me paying 40% and that is what it equals??) This seems OUTRAGEOUS.  Am I crazy?  I am single, no children, spouse... under 30.... What is some opinions on going with ...

Alltype Has Offered Me An IC QA Editor Job But...
Jun 17, 2010

They require that I purchase professional liability insurance.  Does anyone work at Alltype as QA editor? and if so could I get you to message me?  I have a few questions.  This whole liability insurance thing just bothers me so much.  I make so little now as QA that to then have to shell out more money, I am considering just retiring and be done with this profession. Thanks ...

Offered VBC Line Rate
Jan 07, 2011

I have been offered a position for 0.08 VBC line/65 characters.  I can obviously figure this is going to be less than with spaces.  Is there anyone here who DOES get paid this way and if so, how much of a difference overall is it?  I have not accepted the position and am not sure how offended I should be, or if I should be offended at all since "this is the new industry standard."  I have been in this buisness a long time and have apparently never dealt with this "new" way of ...

Ask About Benefits, Etc. Before I Apply Or After Offered A Job? Sm
Feb 02, 2011

I have about 15 questions to ask about benefits, scheduling, training, pay per line, etc.  I was wondering if I should call all of the companies now before I put in the time and effort for testing and application or if I should wait until a job is offered to me?  Thanks for your help!  ...

Offered A Position With Keystrokes
Mar 08, 2011

Was just offered a position with Keystrokes.  Worth taking?  Some of these posts make me wonder.   ...