A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Alltype has offered me an IC QA editor job but... - Sigh

Posted: Jun 17, 2010

They require that I purchase professional liability insurance. 

Does anyone work at Alltype as QA editor? and if so could I get you to message me?  I have a few questions. 

This whole liability insurance thing just bothers me so much.  I make so little now as QA that to then have to shell out more money, I am considering just retiring and be done with this profession.

Thanks

It's a crock. The MTSO is responsible for that. - Dont fall for it

[ In Reply To ..]
x

There have been other posts on this. Look for - greta

[ In Reply To ..]
Happy Robin MT's message on this. She seems to know a lot and she has a lot to say about it. If I recall, she worked for an insurance company but that part of my memory is vague. I know she said no to it, too.

this is coming - from the new HIPAA and HITECH

[ In Reply To ..]
they are just passing down the cost to you

I would not agree to it.

I have errors and omissions coverage on myself for another line of work (travel consultant), and it is not cheap!

TRANS-TECH - Pat46

[ In Reply To ..]
Anyone working for TransTech. I received an offer from them for third shift on the weekends. Just wondered if anyone is working for them now or in the past. How hard is their system to leaarn.

All Type QA - Ex-Alltyper

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them for over a year in QA. Made good money but the management is terrible..Lots of changes have taken place and not for the better. I would say run in the opposite direction. As far as the insurance, it is to cover you in case of a mistake you make and you are not held liable. They really should have to pay that and do on employees. I had heard they were not hiring anymore ICs. They have lost ALOT of people recently, main people, and for good reason.

I just turned them down... - Sigh

[ In Reply To ..]
Because I am Canadian, I do not qualify for the cheaper insurance through AHDI, and the premium for this liability insurance otherwise through a private broker is just too dern high.

Plus then was told line count is 56 visible character line which is supposed to be the same as 65 with spaces, so not sure how that pays.

I think I will stick with my hourly QA position. Pay is always late but am not asked to pay through the nose for insurance.

Thanks for the replies.

Similar Messages:

What Is Going On With AllType?
Oct 17, 2009

Anyone know what is going on with AllType?  No work, now an email saying there will be no work for the entire week across the board for all accounts. ...

Take The Alltype Job?
Nov 08, 2010

I was previously a QA at Webmedx and got laid off. Prior to that I was a QA for Heartland (lay off) and Medquist (left for better benefits). I got offered a MT job for 9 cents a line, 5 cents a line for VR. Would you take it? I have to support 2 little girls on it and need the benefits really, really bad. ...

MQ Buy-out Of AllType
Aug 25, 2011

Well after finding out that ALLtype was bought out by MedQ I had to make a choice - I resigned.  I just cannot bring myself to work for an Indian owned company, nor do I want to fight for work with an underpaid and less qualified Indian MT.  I hope more MTs will take this same option - the sooner we start refusing to work for overseas companies and taking lower pay - the sooner the job climate will change.  For me - I cannot complain about something I am not willing sacrifice to c ...

Anyone From AllType Now With The Q?
Oct 18, 2011

just wonder if your'e still getting work on same accounts that you had with AT.  I am not getting work anymore.  I don't want to go thru all this training if I don't even know what type of account I am going to be on. ...

Alltype Transcription As An IC?
Apr 14, 2010

Any advice good or bad on Alltype Transcription as an IC?  Working as an editor? ...

Has Anyone Tested For Alltype?
Apr 23, 2011

Has anyone tested for Alltype? I got to test with editing and they sent me 4 tests to edit, but the catch was, these were not voice files. I just had to edit what I saw. I found it very difficult to edit without the voice. ...

Alltype And Liability Insurance
Apr 17, 2010

Does anyone know where to go to for the liability insurance due to HIPPA?  Alltype is requiring this now. ...

To The Mgmt Of Transcend, AllType, And All Those Who Think
Sep 29, 2010

Here is a blog article written by the Director of Professional Services for M-Modal about how unfair the "one size fits all" line rate is that so many companies consider "industry standard."  It shows how it ends up costing the company more money in the long run and devalues the higher producing MTs. http://mmodal2.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/mt-compensation/ ...

Tried To Work For Alltype And It Was Horrible! Sm
Dec 02, 2010

Since I got laid off from Webmedx in September I've been on unemployment. I tried to work for Alltype and couldn't do it. The pay was alright but the support was awful, they just threw me into the job with no training, hardly any information on my accounts, no contact whatsoever from supervisors. I didn't even know who my supervisor was! Has anyone else had a bad experience with them? I worked 2 days and quit. No QA feedback or anything. I don't know if I can MT again. I' ...

AllType Medical Transcription
Mar 25, 2011

I am hoping someone can give me some info on this company.  I would hate to leave my current job to find out I made a huge mistake.  I have research the forums but have not found anything recent. TIA TC ...

AllType Platform? Opinons Please.
Aug 09, 2011

Do you have to use the mouse a lot? Would you consider it user friendly? Thanks in advance. ...

Anyone With Recent Info On AllType Or TAIB? Nm
Jun 12, 2010

nm ...

MQ Offer Letters To AllType Employees
Sep 11, 2011

We were told we would receive offer letters by FedEx Friday or Saturday.  I have yet to see mine.  Anyone else still waiting?  ...

Anyone Else See The AllType Ad Posted Today (on Another Site)? Sm
Jan 02, 2012

It's on one of the other job sites that posts all kinds of transcription work.  I thought AllType was bought by MQ, no?  Why would they be posting under the AllType name rather than MQ?  ...

Anybody Out There Who Used To Work For Alltype Before The Acquisition Who Are Happy Now?
Oct 05, 2012

Still No AllType Paycheck For August 15th Pay Period
Sep 03, 2010

Just an update...I'm still jumping through hoops for this paycheck.  Then I'll have a paycheck that should be mailed next week, also.  I'm wondering how long I'll have to wait for that one or if I will ever see either of these checks.  It's only around 300 combined, but that's 300 I need for bills...I have a family to take care of.... ...

Working For AllType Has Received Their Paycheck For The Pay Period Ending August 15th?
Sep 01, 2010

Hi.  Just wondering if anyone currently working for AllType has received their paycheck for the pay period ending August 15th?  I am still waiting on this and am worried it has been lost in the mail or something.  I'm assuming it would have been mailed on August 25th.  Is this correct?  Thanks for any help.  I'm worried, and I have a ton of bills to pay and a family. ...

Wow!! I Was Just Offered 2 Cpl To QA!!
Jan 20, 2010

Why dont they just start asking us to work for free!  At that rate I dont even think you make minimum wage!  This is obviously not even because of outsourcing.  I think what has happened is that a lot of work has gone overseas, but the remaining work that the transcription companies are getting is still paying a half-ways decent rate but they have taken a small cut to keep them.  Then they turn around and pay NOTHING to get it transcribed so the people running the companies a ...

Did Anyone Get Offered The Job For QTS?
Jul 13, 2012

Just wondering if anyone got the job offer from QTS? They sent me questions and answered my question and that was it. Thanks. ...

I Was Offered
Nov 08, 2014

Farewell Nuance.  My only regret is not taking this step sooner.  ...

MT To Editor
Feb 16, 2010

After over 21 years being an MT, I am burnt out and want to try something different.  Is there, in fact, anyone that will hire an MT without editing experience and train them ???? ...

EXT/editor?
Mar 28, 2010

Just wondering if this is a good VR platform?  Thinking of applying to a company that uses this.  Any information would be appreciated.  I hate the thought of going to VR but that is all the jobs that are out there and I need a job.  My previous employer just lost the account that I was working on. ...

ASR Editor
Sep 11, 2010

I know this is not the place to look for positive answers, but I am going to try anyway.  Worked for MQ years ago, but hated the punching in thing.  I have tested with them recently, as I want to get into the field of voice recognition editing.  Can anybody tell me about the part-time requirements, benefits, and the average line rate for editing?  How much of your time is editing and how much is doing actual typing?  What are the line requirements, and what happens if yo ...

QC Editor
May 06, 2011

Is anybody really making anything doing editing of work that somes from India.  I was offered 5 cents to do it and was wondering if that was good.  I have heard that the fixing of them reports are sometimes worse than the VR.  I strongly feel it should be kept here personally.  Any input would help in my decision.  ...

Editor
Aug 26, 2011

I wonder how hard it is to be an editor.  I checked transcriptionists work for years when I was inhouse.  I figured I could do it. ...

Offered Job At Softscript
Jun 28, 2010

offered job at Softscript; anyone familiar with this company? ...

OT Was Offered Yesterday
May 18, 2010

x ...

Offered A Job By VMR-Transfer
May 18, 2010

I am one of the people who received a contract and was offered a job by VMR-Transfer, but when I called and emailed about hrs/lines/days required, my messages were never returned. I know there was a thread about this previously as many other people had the same problem. I'm just wondering if anyone has actually started working for them yet and if this really is a legitimate company. Thanks ...

Would Any Of You Take A Buyout From MQ If Offered?
Jun 20, 2010

In past months I have read on this board, with dismay, so many posts about long-time MQ MTs/MEs failing consecutive audits, and eventually being discharged. I think it is a major coincidence that so many employees are suddenly and consistently failing to meet the same quality standards they always met. I think it’s a flimsy contrivance to get rid of the more highly paid employees and replace them with cheaper newbies while avoiding an age discrimination actions because those higher-paid pe ...

Offered Job With Transtech
Jul 20, 2011

Is ANYone happy there? ...