A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Have tested and been offered a position with M*Modal. - Having second thoughts

Posted: Sep 29, 2012

All of the negative posts on here and the company board are making me think I'm going to decline the offer.  Sad thing is, I have already caught them in a contradiction, which confirms what many of you have said one can expect from this company.  I sure wish I could find a company that appreciates what we do for them and shows it by not misrepresenting what they have to offer and by paying a decent wage so as to encourage its people to stay put.  I'm tired of always having to be on the lookout for something better.  I'm not a greedy person.  At this point, I just want to be left alone to work and earn my living and not have the rug pulled out from under me every couple of years or worse. 

There's a big difference between knowing how to run a business and knowing the business you're running, and we have a bunch of people in this industry that absolutely are not qualified to be doing what they are doing.  One of the worst things you can do to productivity is not allow transcriptionists to stay with an account they are comfortable with and productive on.  Yet, I'm getting the idea that is exactly what M*Modal will do to you.  I don't need the aggravation.

All you can do is try it and see. - Des

[ In Reply To ..]
There are tons of negative posts on this board from MTs who've had really bad experiences with them, but there are also MTs who've had good experiences with them, but they don't post here because of the bullying.

You may have a good experience, and you may have a bad experience. I'd suggest you give it a try for a couple of months and see what happens.

In the meantime, though I know you're tired and frustrated, keep an eye out for other opportunities. Right now, MT is a crapshoot.

aLL you can do is try it and see. - beautyusa

[ In Reply To ..]
If they give you a 2 month chance. I worked for one company that has a QA that enjoys being condenscending in addition to their quality assurance requirement of 98.8, and I earned 98.77 and they fired me in 3 weeks. I will not say the name because someone might bully me for putting the co. down.

My experieince good and bad... SM - SBH

[ In Reply To ..]
All of the negative things are true. This past year with pay decrease and even collecting unemployment at one point due to no work available, I went into a very dark place. Some sort of mid-life crisis or depression whatever you want to call it... The thing is my husband reminded me that without this job I would not have been able to work from home to raise my 2 wonderful children, who are now 12 and 15. I do believe that being at home has made a difference and allowed me to set boundaries, etc. So, I guess my advice to you would be if you have children or plan to, and have a husband with a job that is capable of being the "bread winner" then you may want to consider it.

New at MM experience - WC

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been with MM for a short period of time, but I am finding this company is even worse than my previous employer. This is just my experience. My second week in and I'm thrown into a pool of accounts while still learning their platform. My requests for help via email are ignored; however, the MME/QA people have no qualms about picking my work apart for very minor things (comma placement) and they are inconsistent in their corrections. I have been in transcription for quite a while and have never felt so overwhelmed.

Just wanted to share my experience as a new employee here. I wish you luck with your decision.

Are these verbatim reports you're being QAd - to death over?

[ In Reply To ..]
Because if that's the case, I definitely don't need that aggravation. I've dealt with QA before where they were wanting verbatim, meaning you type it whether it's grammatically correct or not, and then would nitpick punctuation that, with the exception of a handful of issues, can be very subjective, as it is determined by voice inflection or pausing or personal decisions about clarity, etc., decisions that we all have to make on the fly every report only to be second guessed by some QA person that doesn't really know what they think they know.

And I keep hearing about this account pool thing, "cesspool" is how someone on here described it. That is so counter productive for everyone involved, which is exactly what you're indicating you're experiencing right now. It's all just too disappointing. You don't hit someone new with multiple accounts, unless they indicate they're up for it. Even people who have been around for a while need to be left on the 2 or 3 accounts they are familiar with where they can be productive. This is not a hard concept.
My experience - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
has not been bad at all. I have read about a "cesspool" on this board, but have never experienced it.

I have been doing medical transcription, acute care for 11yrs with 9 of them having worked for the same hospital until being outsourced to MModal.

The hospital I worked for belonged to a health care network with many hospitals, all of which were already outsourced to MMmodal. When I started, I had to adjust to 14 different hospitals (all owned by the same organization, who also owned the hospital I worked for).

Anyway, it took me about a month or two to adjust, but now its on and popping. My primary is the hospital I came from and I get anywhere between 50% to some days 90% of my work from them.

It really is doable and does not take long to learn the account specifics. The account specifics have become second nature for me, and I pretty much know them by heart unless I come across a hospital that I have not done for a couple days or so, then I might have to refresh my memory.

But it really is not that big of a deal. And yes, I do see the same dictator more than once a day, sometimes I may get anywhere from 3 to 5 reports a day from the same doctor. I guess it just depends on the person, but it works for me and my line rates are good and the work is plentiful.
It is a big deal to me - WC
[ In Reply To ..]
I rarely post on here because of people like you. Do you realize your message was a bit condescending?

I have been in acute care for 22 years, having worked at an MTSO with 35-55 pages of acct specifics. The client profile isn't exactly terrible at 10 pages or less. My point was I have never worked on DocQScribe, so I'm learning something new. After 2 days on the job, I not only receive work from 3 accounts, I receive ASR work...and I hadn't been trained on their platform for that either. Now I receive an email to train in 7.1 on my own time (to keep accounts in TAT) in addition to QA picking apart commas, changing "every 4 hours" to q.4 h." and then back to "every 4 hours," in addition to never receiving the same account 2 reports in a row. I have only had the same dictator once in a day. This is my second week starting tomorrow and I find the entire process frustrating, overwhelming, and ignorant. Oh, I almost forgot...I ran out of work twice last week.

I am not a newbie MT, just to this company. I am usually released from QA hold within a reasonable amount of time, average 99% on QA audits, and have above-average line counts. This is not my first rodeo.

I am happy your line rates are good and the work is plentiful. I am thrilled that you're a better MT than I am and find this mess doable. I indicated it was just my personal experience. Mine, not yours, so hooray for you finding your dream job.

Similar Messages:

SoftScript - Tested And Interviewed, Offered Job
Nov 15, 2012

Tested and interviewed, offered job.  No PTO until 2 years, then 1 week, then 2 weeks after 4 years?  Nothing is perfect, but that seems hairy.  Anyone work there who wants to comment?  Can you take a vacation with no pay every once in a while?  Any other comments from someone who works there? ...

Just Offered Position Of CCM
Oct 04, 2011

I'm certainly uncertain of taking such a position.  Is there anyone out there who has been/is a CCM and can tell me what it's like...pay, stress, pay, hours, pay, etc.  TIA ...

Offered A Position With Keystrokes
Mar 08, 2011

Was just offered a position with Keystrokes.  Worth taking?  Some of these posts make me wonder.   ...

Offered A Position With Acusis
Jun 06, 2011

I was offered a position with Acusis. Am looking for information on the company as I cannot seem to find much recent info. Any help is appreciative. Thanks in advance ...

Been Offered A Position With ANP Transcription
Jul 10, 2012

I have tested and been offered a position with ANP Transcription. Has anyone ever worked for them recently? If so, how are they to work with, etc... I know they are not straight medical transcription, they do meeting notes, advisory boards, focus groups, interviews, etc... Thanks! Shannon ...

Offered A Position With SoftScript
Sep 27, 2012

Just got offered a position with SoftScript.   Any advice?  I have to decide by tomorrow.     ...

WordZXpressed Offered Position
Oct 16, 2013

I just wanted to share this post since many people have questioned the legitimacy of this company and their testing process.  I tested for this position only hours after the job was posted.  I heard back from them on Monday morning stating that I passed the test and was offered an interview.  I had the interview this morning and EVERYTHING was very professional, legitimate, and promising.  I was offered a position, gladly accepted, and cannot wait to get started!  I wish ...

I Was Offered A Legal Transcription Position...sm
Nov 19, 2012

full-time and in-house.  She is offering 5 cpl gross so even if someone says "um", I get paid 5 cpl for the whole line.  Is this a good line rate.  I have not done legal transcription before so I have no idea if this is a decent rate.  I feel that is kind of low and would like to ask if she would be willing to raise it.     What do you think? ...

I Just Got Offered A Position At Accu-Doc Out Of The Blue, But....sm
Oct 23, 2013

I do not know what to tell them.  I don't remember applying, but I do have my resume on several job sites.  When I try to find their website, I come up with nothing.  I searched the archives all the way back to 2006, and still no real info......ANYONE know about this company, there are so many rip-offs out there now!!  Thanks in advance! ...

Cypress Medical Offered A Position
May 07, 2014

I applied to their ad, took the test and was offered a position. Would like feedback from anyone who works there, or worked there. Did you like it? Were you honestly able to make a living doing this type of work? Pay offered seemed low for the amount of time it took me to summarize the sample they sent me for the test. Any information you can supply is greatly appreciated. ...

Offered Position With MModal Paying A Whopping
Oct 19, 2012

4 cpl editing; however, 99.5% will be Voice Recognition I was told. Then she went on to say you guys average anywhere from 287 to 300 LPH with Voice Wreck. When she got into the part about they pay for up to 2 consecutive spaces, and if you send more than 5% to QA, I sort of zoned out. Told her I will give her my decision once I think about it over the weekend. Not. Whew it was depressing just listening to all of their demands. ...

Offered A Position At Acusis, Any Info (recent)...sm
Sep 12, 2013

I searched the archives but didn't really find any relevant info.  Can anyone help me out with some info on them??   ...

Applied And Tested For M*Modal
Mar 06, 2012

My question is this?  What is everyone's issue really?  I see a lot of complaining but I have found that in this industry if you do your work and stick to your schedule you make plenty of money.  In addition, I see complaints regarding not getting answers to questions, etc.  Can you not get information from account specs and research?  Again, this is an industry where you have to do some leg work to get the job done 90% of the time (most companies do not have team l ...

Anyone Currently/recently Work For ACTI In Georgia? Offered Position.....
Nov 15, 2011

The one sticking point for me is necessity of "renting" their software, have NEVER had to pay to use a company's software, find this odd.  They seem to have a DECENT pay structure, the norm, and also SEEM fairly flexible.  Could ANYONE shed some light for me, eager to get back to work, but not be taken advantage of!  Thanks a bunch everyone. ...

Got Offered A Job With Modal. How Is This Company?
May 14, 2013

Xx   ...

Am Considering A Position With M*Modal. Have A Simple Question
Oct 11, 2012

Actually, I guess I have 2 questions.  What is the production minimum for editing?  What is your average production in lines per hour with editing?   I know the latter question carries a lot of variables, and I will take those into consideration.  But I would like to know how you all actually do production wise.  Please, no inflations just honest answers concerning your average.  A simple 250 or 325 or whatever would suffice.  If you can elaborate further or ...

Has Anyone Tested With AHD?
Feb 03, 2014

Can anyone tell me the process with this company on testing? What is the test like? How long before you hear back from them.  Do they let you know either way whether you have the job or not? ...

Anyone Tested With MXSecure?
Nov 14, 2010

I recently saw a job ad for this company and am considering testing for a job.  The job ad does not specifically state their equipment requirements.  I went to their company web site to try to find out, but I can't find any place where they list whether you need a footpedal to take the test.  I feel like a bonehead because I'm sure I must be missing it somewhere.  I did find where they list some hardware and internet requirements and it just says you need speakers a ...

Has Anyone Tested For Alltype?
Apr 23, 2011

Has anyone tested for Alltype? I got to test with editing and they sent me 4 tests to edit, but the catch was, these were not voice files. I just had to edit what I saw. I found it very difficult to edit without the voice. ...

Tested With Execuscribe
Jun 06, 2011

I passed the test with a 98% but I did not get the job because of my experience level. That really angers me. They told me that they would keep my resume on file. How am I supposed to get a job? ...

Has Anyone Here Tested For E-MT Positions?
Mar 02, 2012

I just finished the testing -- all transcription of reports from new facility.  It was probably average compared to other companies.  They seem to focus on OP reports which were not too terribly difficult.  They seem very nice so far.   ...

Anyone Tested With Documed?
Apr 27, 2012

Has anyone tested with Documed?  If so, what did you think?  ...

Tested For Accentus
May 09, 2012

Hey guys, I just got done testing with Accentus and I've been searching the archives on here for some info that I am not able to find.  Do they provide you a computer or do you use your own?  Thanks in advance for any and all responses. ...

Tested And Got An Eye Opener
Dec 04, 2012

I tested last week and got such bad dictation I could not believe it. I tried to transcribe it as if I was getting paid the usual 8 CPL and realized it would take more time to complete it and I would be making zero money. Sloppy H&P with a heavy accent, whispering AND loud background noise; a coronary catheterization dictation that I commend an MT on even completing that I was supposed to edit. I sent the test back anyway and got an email saying I didn't pass the minimum, whatever tha ...

Has Anyone Ever Tested With Acusis
Jan 28, 2014

Has anyone ever tested with acusis and got an email to look over the scheduling and pay and had their computer tested by them and never heard from them again?  I was assuming I was getting hired, but I guess I shouldn't assume anything anymore.  Once they find out I have bad credit (which I think is what happened), they don't email again. ...

Any One Tested And Passed
Apr 18, 2014

from recent ad? Any action after that? Thanks.   ...

NEMT Anyone Tested
Feb 15, 2015

Has anyone tested for NEMT?  If so, what did you think?  Thanks! ...

Anyone Tested For Keystrokes?
Jun 11, 2015

Has anyone tested for Keystrokes?  If so, can you tell me how long before you hear from anyone regarding testing, interview, etc.?  Thank you! ...

I Tested With Synernet And Did Great
May 13, 2010

I tested with Synernet and did great (I thought). That was 2 days ago and I have not heard a thing. Should I e-mail again or just "let it be"? ...

Has Anyone Else Tested For Medscribe In Florida
Jul 20, 2010

I tested for them on Saturday and received an email shortly thereafter asking me to contact Monday to go over what positions they have.  I called first thing Monday a.m., left a message and have called back numerous times and can't get anyone to call me back or to answer.  Anyone else have any luck with them?  TIA ...