A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is Nuance and M-Modal joint services? Posting here for Nuance AC, got email to test for M-Modal. - anon

Posted: May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents.

Nuance/M-Modal Joint Services - thirdshiftzombie

[ In Reply To ..]
I currently work for the "devil" aka Nuance, and as far as I know, Nuance is based out of Burlington, MA, and M-Modal, I believe is MedQuist, though I could be wrong here, as I do not work for that company. Plenty have or do, so they may be in a better position to answer that. Nuance just gobbled Transcend, I was with them part time, as Nuance is famous for running out of work due to overstaffing accounts. They hate transcriptionists and want to do away with us, their words just in real English, and are actively trying to achieve that goal. M-Modal (MQ) is also actively buying out everyone too, so in essence, we will end up, I believe, with these 2 giants, Nuance and M-Modal, who will then either compete to the bitter end, or merge and own everything. That is, until another developer decides to test the waters, but with the advent of EMR/EHR drag and drop and voice commands next year or so, I believe federally mandated, and with Nuance's technology, you will see transcription jobs cut by 3/4, and those that remain will struggle for work. This is just my humble opinion. Not sure if this answered your question entirely, but hey, I am sitting here waiting for work to dribble in at Nuance and couldn't pass an opportunity to express my love for this company.

Thirdshiftzombie thank you for the input and explaining your experience. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You confirmed some things that we have all been through, but we are pretty much kept in the dark. They want it all that way...keeps them winning at their game. I guess it is like in the court of law...they will fight and play the game, but the attorneys and the judges all win.

Nuance is NOT M-Modal - zzz

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Nuance and do not run out of work. Reach out to your account manager and ask for additional work! Nuance does not hate transcriptionists! That is your own personal determination. If you are that unhappy, you need to move on and let others who enjoy working for the company take on your work.

Nuance is not... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you. My thoughts exactly. I am entirely happy with Nuance and do not appreciate the constant bashing.

MedQuist bought MModal and simply renamed itself - noname

[ In Reply To ..]
probably attempting to get away from all their bad publicity. Been with MQ since 2005 and MModal is same company.

SM - inside

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance used to be Focus or Focus Infomatics - they are partnered with Dragon. M-Modal is now owned or partnered with Medquist - not sure of the exact or correct wording - but you get my drift. Both are huge companies - they have gobbled up just about everything they can - both have good points and bad. I have worked for both 3 times - as MT and QA and vowed to never do again but you know how that goes.... M-Modal is a speech recognition program I believe - and Dragon is the baby of Nuance - and I absolutely love Dragon. Sorry that is all I know

Similar Messages:

Nuance Vs. MQ/M*Modal
Apr 15, 2012

Anyone worked for MQ before Nuance who can say which is worse/better?  Sick and tired of M*Modal.  I'm sure there are comments somewhere on the board about this before, but I can't find them.  Thanks! ...

M*Modal Or Nuance
Aug 26, 2012

Which company is better to work for, M*Modal or Nuance?  I'd like some honest, positive feedback on each company before I decide which one to sign with.  Thank you!! ...

M-Modal/Nuance QA
Oct 21, 2012

Nuance Fiesa QA program is a PITA.  How is M-Modal's QA system in comparison? ...

Nuance Vs M*Modal
Dec 11, 2012

I currently work for Assistmed, but have a phone interview with Nuance and M*Modal later this week.  I have read all the reviews about both companies and still not sure which is better.  Anyone have any experience with either of the two or any input on which company is better?  ...

Nuance/M-modal
Aug 17, 2013

I wonder if M-modal is trying desperately to keep their heads above water so as not to be bought out by Nuance.  I just can't fathom all these layoffs.  I'm really truly sorry.  How heavy your hearts must be right now.   It's just incomprehensible that they would do this to all of you.   ...

Nuance Vs. M-Modal
Jan 02, 2014

I just accepted an offer from Nuance.  I know, I know.  I used to work for M-Modal when it was Medquist three years ago.  I loved the DocQScribe platform.  Has anyone gone from working for M-Modal to Nuance?  Was there any change in the way lines were counted?  How do you compare working on Nuance's platform versus that of M-Modal? ...

M-Modal Or Nuance
Jan 13, 2014

Good Intentions.  Which is the better company MM or Nuance? ...

Nuance Or M*Modal?
Mar 26, 2014

I've learned a lot from the M*Modal side, but now if you don't mind I would like to ask questions about Nuance. 1. Do they hire part-time, and if yes what might a schedule consist of? 2. What are the line requirements? 3. Weekend work required? 4. What shifts are offered, do they have 1st/2nd/3rd? And, just about anything that is on your mind. TIA! ...

If You Had To Pick - Nuance Or M*Modal?
Jul 21, 2012

I've read more bad than good on both companies. ...

Same Thing At Nuance As M*Modal?
Apr 04, 2013

I'm in shock about all the layoffs at M*Modal this morning!  I'm sure everyone else is too.  I'm scared/worried the same thing might happen to Nuance now.  I see job postings all the time for both companies.  It's crazy how they hire all these people and then layoff a bunch of people.  I'm curious to know how many people in total got laid off.  Does anyone else see this coming at Nuance?  ...

Is There Anything Good About M-Modal And Nuance?
Dec 25, 2013

I've reached the point where I'll work for almost any company, even M-Modal or Nuance, if it means I can get a steady paycheck.  My current company is going down the tubes fast.  I've hung in here as long as I possibly can, but I think it's an exercise in futility.  Does anyone at M-Modal or Nuance have any positive experiences, or is it really as bad as all the posts make it sound?  Surely there must be "something" good, or they wouldn't have so man ...

Losing M-Modal With Nuance Acquisition
May 21, 2012

Can you tell me what we will notice or how we will be impacted when M-Modal is taken away from Transcend/Nuance employees.  (If indeed it is taken away.) TIA. ...

Transcend/Nuance - M-Modal Question.
Jun 20, 2012

When Wmx was taken over M-modal was taken from us.  Do you at Transcend still use it and are you having it taken away also?  ...

Opinions On M-Modal Versus Nuance.
Jul 09, 2012

Working right now for NTS (lots of dirt here), but would like some honest opinions on M-Modal.  They sent me an email wanting me to test (as i am sure they have many others), and today I got an automated phone call from them.  Anyone know if this would be an improvement?  Thanks! ...

M*Modal Or Nuance? Pros And Cons?
Sep 19, 2012

. ...

Interesting Article, Nuance/M*Modal 20% Of Tx Business. Sm
May 22, 2012

Although this article dates back to March, I found it interesting. Had no idea that Nuance and MQ (M*Modal) only had 20% of the transcription business when this was written in March, 2012. http://seekingalpha.com/article/408141-can-transcend-services-write-its-own-ticket ...

Job Hunting.....which Is Better - Nuance Or M'Modal? Have Read All Posts.
Jun 27, 2012

Now taking a poll.   :) ...

This Blog Might Interest Those That Work For Nuance Or M*Modal
Jul 11, 2012

Is There A Market Reshuffling On The Horizon For The Medical Transcription Industry? Today I’m going to indulge in something I rarely do, much to the exasperation of my wife Carol. A goodly number of our conversations begin with her asking me, “What do you suppose…” and end with me saying, “I don’t have a clue.” I’m not sure if this reluctance to speculate is a guy thing or just a facet of my own particular personality, but for once I’m g ...

Hmmm Interesting Read About Nuance Trying To Buy M*Modal
Jul 17, 2012

No clue what this means to us peons working the trenches, but interesting, see link: http://hdstoday.com/?p=143   ...

Left Medquist (M*Modal) To Work For Webmedx (Nuance). Now Thinking Of Going Back. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

Is anyone in the same boat?  I am seriously contemplating it because I can't afford my medications, groceries, rent, bills, living, etc. anymore. ...

CBaySystems Becomes M*Modal Global Services
Sep 11, 2012

Press release today, September 11, 2012.  Near the end of the press release: "Just as exciting, this aggressive growth plan now enables us to train our Indian employees with new skill sets in medical coding, in the complexities of medical billing and in the emerging field of healthcare analytics. " Full article: http://www.itnewsonline.com/showprnstory.php?storyid=233119 I know some MTs would like to transition into medical coding. I suppose it's wise to keep in the back of ou ...

M-Modal Test
Feb 13, 2013

I just got my results from my M-Modal test. I was shocked to see I did not pass! I've been doing this for 22 years and honestly did not find it hard. I feel stupid! Anyone else ever fail one of these standard tests? How do they grade? ...

M*Modal Just Sent Me An Email Asking Me To
Apr 11, 2012

them.  What's up with that?  Are they desperate?  All I ever hear is how they suck.   ...

Better Read The New Email From M*Modal
Jan 27, 2012

Lots of changes!!  Including your email to @MModal.com All of these changes as of Monday, and this weekend it says you'll most likely run in to trouble accessing.    ...

Did Anybody Get E-mail & Phone Call To Test For M-Modal?
May 17, 2012

I have been working for this company since 2009.  Today I got an e-mail to test for M-Modal. When I didn't answer this e-mail, I got a phone call and they left a message saying they e-mailed me and since I didn't e-mail them back, they are calling to ask me to take an MT test. When I tried to call them back, it wouldn't let me do that, and the recording said they would call back tomorrow. I think they should not call people who already work here, and how did they get my e-ma ...

Anyone With Playback Problem With Practical Part Of M*Modal Test? Sm
Mar 21, 2012

I had no problems wit the objectiv questions but when I tried to use the keyboard controls or foot pedal to transcribe the sample reports, wouldn't work, even after I downloaded their footpedal software from Career Step.  ...

A Job Posting By Nuance
Aug 19, 2012

A BETTER CAREER IS WAITING FOR YOU! Nuance is seeking quality-minded Medical Transcriptionists and Quality Editors with a passion for excellence who seek to join a winning team.  Nuance Transcription Services, the fastest-growing provider of services to Health Information Management organizations, strives to be the best employer in the industry by offering highly competitive pay and benefits.  Our rapid expansion offers unique and unrivalled career growth opportunities to our team memb ...

Focus/Nuance Posting For Help From US MTSs?
Jul 04, 2011

?? They have a lot of accounts, yet offshore.  Don't get it.  ...

Why Does Accentus Keep Posting For Jobs, And Not Just Say It Is Nuance
Jan 03, 2013

That is unfair. They should just advertise under Nuance now.  People might jump to the job thinking it is another company, and come to find out it is Nuance.  This is false advertising. I surely wish Accentus would quit posting job openings. I get excited whenever I see a good job listing then I see it is Accentus/Nuance all over again. Sheesh.  Thanks for listening to my little rant. ...

Nuance Transcription Services - Anyone Knows About Them
Jul 23, 2012

has anyone heard of Nuance?  They supposedly have added Transcend Services to their company.  I saw an ad where they are hiring, and just wondered if anyone knows about them.  Been with my company now for several years, but keep running out of work, and so I'm looking elsewhere.  thanks ! ...