A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

M-Modal. I have not applied to this company. I have gotten 4 e-mails thanking my for my applicatio - oldie

Posted: Feb 21, 2012

nm

spooky - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

not applied - fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
You may have applied to other companies that you did not know have been bought out by MModal.

Application - Laura Meers

[ In Reply To ..]
I HAVE applied to this company, including taking the whole test, 4 radiology dictations and all. They claim they never received my testing or application! I am wondering if I should reapply or not.

They must be desperate... - Kathleen

[ In Reply To ..]
When I first graduated from Andrews in 2008, I applied to MedQuist, now M*Modal, and even had an interview, but I was never hired. (Little did I know how lucky I truly was!)

I never gave them another thought until I started getting e-mails from them recently, thanking me for my application. This was puzzling since I saw so much written about lack of work for some and an abundance of work for others. I figured that they were just blanket harvesting prior e-mail addresses.

After ignoring them, I then received an e-mail telling me that they were sorry, but my application had expired. LOL!

I think they are desperate for good help, considering that only 1 year's experience is needed for acute care.

desperate for good help? - huh

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been working here for 15 years and keep running out of work!

I guess I am not "good help."

yeah desperate for cheap help - emphasis on CHEAP

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't even think you need 1 year experience, it used to be 2. They want newbies who will work for 4 cpl and not realize that they are getting screwed. They think that 10 cpl for a tier 3 is royalty wages and should be capped at 10 cpl for years and years on end with no cost of living raise, no raise at all and no chance to improve except to MME which ends up being a pay cut. They keep hoping the top paid MTs will leave so they can replace them with 2-3 newbies, either India or US it doesn't matter, cheaper is better.

totally agree - MT Gone

[ In Reply To ..]
Thinking you're exactly right. I was with them for a year after being "bought." It seemed when I'd start getting my production up, my pay would get cut. I was pretty sure I was being squeezed out, and was glad I was able to give notice the day after my account of 10 years went to EPIC!!! I've moved on, miss being an MT; however, the bills need to be paid!

M-Modal apps - LeeLee

[ In Reply To ..]
Did not apply to them either. They were never given my email. As a matter of fact, the email they sent to me came through a "blind" email that I use maybe once very 3 or 4 months. Very, very odd.

Similar Messages:

Applied And Tested For M*Modal
Mar 06, 2012

My question is this?  What is everyone's issue really?  I see a lot of complaining but I have found that in this industry if you do your work and stick to your schedule you make plenty of money.  In addition, I see complaints regarding not getting answers to questions, etc.  Can you not get information from account specs and research?  Again, this is an industry where you have to do some leg work to get the job done 90% of the time (most companies do not have team l ...

M-Modal Applied For Chapter 11
Mar 24, 2014

Announced on the news yesterday that M-Modal applied for chapter 11 for "restructuring." Makes you wonder about their financial well being, huh? ...

Do You Get Endless E Mails From Your Company All Day?
Oct 08, 2010

It really gets ridiculous.  Some are important and MANY are not.  Some are ridiculous.  You have to read through them all in case there is something important there.  As for the remainder, I wish they would just write 1 e mail at the end of the day covering all the garbage that does not even apply to everyone.  I hold my tongue (or replies) to the rude e mails that are chastizing to just a few MTs, but are sent to everyone.  I wonder how they would like it if ...

Applied Online Today For This Company
Nov 19, 2013

I wasted an hour this morning applying online for this company. I thought their online application was a bit extensive. What happen to just sending a résumé.  I wish I would've read all these posts first. Doesn't sound like a good company to work for. I've worked as an IC for many years contracted directly with a hospital (no middle man) so working for a service will be a big change.  ...

A Company That I Applied For Is Requiring Business License
Jun 03, 2014

A company that I applied for is requiring that I have myself and/or my company licensed in my municipality as a businessowner before they hire me to work for them as an IC.  I am wondering how do you go about doing this and is this now becoming the "new norm" for working as an IC?  This is the first I have ever heard of such other than having to get an employee identification number through the IRS, which I have already done so.  I contacted my township supervisor and he said he knew nothing ...

Company Who Uses M-Modal
Apr 24, 2012

Can anyone suggest a good company who uses M Modal besides Medquist?  Thanks ...

M*Modal - Anything Good To Say About This Company?
Jun 13, 2012

Anything good to say about this company?  They are advertising for acute care FT home based.  Anyone know the line rate?  I understand they pay Radiology reports by report, anyone know that rate?  Anyone been with them more than a year?  What about the sign on bonus?  Anyone ever receive that? ...

Got Offered A Job With Modal. How Is This Company?
May 14, 2013

Xx   ...

My Company Was Outsourced To M*Modal.
Jul 08, 2014

Hi: My company has been outsourced to M*Modal. I am used to getting paid by the hour. I wanted to know from transcriptonists who are presently hired by them, how much can I expect realistically to make in 4 hours working part-time from Tuesday to Saturday? Can someone please respond to this post. Thank you, Worried about future pay.... :( ...

Well I Sent Michael Clark An Email Thanking Him For The Sm
May 22, 2010

mouse pad and said "I know YOU have one on your desk!"  I will probably get fired but who cares.  I only work there a few hours a week just in case something happens to my regular job as that has happened to me too many times.  When will coporate understand WE are the ones giving them that extra money this year over last and without us they would have nothing?!!!!!  This just angers me so much. ...

What Company M-Modal Uses For Dental Insurance
Aug 28, 2013

Can anyone tell me what company M-Modal uses for dental insurance ...

Company Thinking Of Switching To M*Modal
Dec 18, 2013

Company thinking of switching to M*Modal...any comments from those who have used this program, yay, nay...any comments are greatly appreciated. ...

What A Relief! I Received Another Email Thanking Me For My Patience Sm
Jan 05, 2011

during the no-work situation, and if I just wait a few more weeks, the holidays will be over and all of the overstaffing problems will be solved because the new accounts will start.   Well, yipee.   Any company that thinks they can starve me for 2-3 months while I sit and wait for crumbs of work to be doled out is suffering from some sort of delusion.   I answered the email by giving my 2-week notice.  Goodbye SoftScript with your PIA ticket number emails ...

Did Anyone Else Get A Form Card For Christmas Thanking You For Your Service
Jan 25, 2013

First year I have gotten one. Where is the supposed $10.00 gift cards? At least they could have forked over one in each person's generic card.  Wonder what the suits got. ...

Anyone Getting MQ E-mails?
Jan 24, 2011

I haven't gotten an e-mail from MQ for a week.  Anyone else hear from them lately?  ...

E Mails
Apr 09, 2013

Is anyone else having problems sending e mails to their supervisors, whatever? No work, now I cant even get my e mails through. I am very upset by all of this. ...

Misunderstood In E-mails
Sep 23, 2010

Hi everyone:)  Have you ever felt that your e-mails were completely misunderstood by a supervisor?  Recently, I sent an e-mail explaining myself about something that came up, but the answer I received was totally the opposite of what I had tried to explain, and I just sat here shaking my head, and thinking "what just happened."  It made me look like I had deliberately said something that was untrue and tried to cover myself, which was not what I meant to do.  Rather, I was tr ...

E-mails From Companies...
Jan 26, 2011

happen?  Not that I want any mind you, but sometimes I see that someone mentions they got an E-mail from so-and-so (company).  How did they get your E-mail address?  Are you on some other board or have a resume' out there or something?  I am only curious, like I stated, as I am not so sure I would want to be solicited from a company in my E-mail. ...

Keep Getting E-mails From Spectramedi
Aug 20, 2011

I keep getting e-mails from spectramedi.  I looked at the posts in the archives and there is no good thing about them in there.  I was just wondering if it was worth taking the test. TIA ...

India E-mails
Mar 27, 2012

In reviewing an e-mail to the worldwide team yesterday, they were asked why they were not responding to stat requests. They responded it would be taken care of, and signed off, "Cheers, and let us chill." REALLY????? ...

TTD -Has Amy Answered E-mails
Aug 23, 2012

I think I know the answer to this, but must ask anyway.  Has anyone gotten a response from Amy in the last week.  I responded to her e-mail about checks being re-issued and did not get a reply.  Has anyone received a check i.e. re-issued check?  ty ...

Training E-Mails, Oy Vey
Jun 30, 2013

Just checked and had 22 of them, continuing education, all voluntary and non-compensated?? WTF!?  Yeah, I'll view when I get a chance, sure..... ...

S.O.S. E-mails On Weekends
Dec 15, 2013

Why are we always expected to work extra and catch up on overdue work on the weekends that builds up because there's not enough coverage? Here's an idea:  schedule and/or hire the appropriate number of MTs to cover those two days instead of asking us to make it all better when the weekend panic mode sets in, which is every single weekend lately.  Of course in order to attract weekenders, that would entail actually paying a living wage a ...

HDSM And PC E-Mails
Jan 10, 2014

I used to keep MModal e-mail open all day, but the e-mails have become so negative and downright nasty that I am only checking it now a few times a day.  It is a distraction and demoralizing and effects my work.  Anyone else? ...

Phantom E-mails!
Jan 20, 2014

right board? ...

What The Heck Are All These Ticket E-mails About?
Aug 10, 2010

You have to do the QCare thing when you get NJA.  Then, they send you a ticket number.  Great.  What do you do with the stupid ticket number?  Are you entered in a drawing?  Do they pick random ticket numbers and award the winner some work? Then, days later, you get another e-mail saying it is resolved? What the heck is that about?  Who resolved what?  Did the QCare staff magically send me work?  Do they get some award off of my ticket number for the fast ...

Supervisor Ignores My E-mails??
May 11, 2012

I am new to this MTSO so I have occasional questions and have directed them to my supervisor.  Some get answered, many get ignored.  I have asked some more than once.  How frustrating.  I'm not sure how to take this.  I would think it would be to her advantage to answer them as it refers to formatting, etc.  Maybe I should ignore her requests to work extra hours?  How would you handle this?  It really makes me wonder about this company. ...

TTD, Your Recent E-mails Are Quite Comical
Jul 03, 2012

Hey TTD, your recent e-mails are quite comical.  You send out e-mails basically threatening your MTs.  Maybe if you want MTs to work for you and hop on at any time when you need them, you should pay them more than 0.03 per line!  Your pay is laughable and so are your e-mails. ...

Softscript - You Get Threatening E-mails
Oct 25, 2012

Don't you just love how you get threatening e-mails wanting you to work more as clients are unhappy because their work is not getting back in a timely fashion.  Where was this concern when we were running out of work on a daily basis and were expected to just sit and wait for work.  There was no loyalty to their employees and so many quit, as they were tired of waiting and NO MONEY, and now they do not have enough employees for the work they have now.  But, what happens when this work go ...

Got 3 E Mails That Say All Areas Need Urgent Help
Nov 23, 2013

All of a sudden there is lots of work. What is up with that? they lay off people because not enough work and now work is overflowing. ...