A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Oracle. End of my rope. Huge new account, 70 MTs? - moving on

Posted: Oct 21, 2010

Anyone else one of the new hires?  Are you on the new huge account?  I've been twiddling my thumbs now.  Guess I need to apply elsewhere.  I had been told before it was a good company, but I need to be actually typing.

That really is a lot of MTs to hire and then not have the new account begin.  I read, below, someone said it keeps being delayed.

Oracle - dmz

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm waiting - but I have 2 other jobs so it's not a big deal to me right now. Didn't you get the email from the QA Mgr saying if you can't wait for the account to get up to speed, they will put you on something else? She just sent it this afternoon - maybe after you posted this....

Well now, this is BAD news!!! - OTI MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I work at Oracle (not on the new account), but my accounts are already so low that I run out of work every day.

So if Oracle is going to be putting these new hires on some of the other existing accounts, this means that I am probably going to have absolutely NO WORK at all now!!!

DITTO - Unbelievable (n/m)

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m
Hoping for the best! - Wishing All Well
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe there are problems and challenges in this situation that we aren't aware of and maybe things are going to click into place soon, so I'll just hope for the best for everyone and expect a happy outcome :-)

Similar Messages:

Huge Account Going To EPIC
Oct 16, 2013

So, we were just informed that a huge account is being rolled out to EPIC and "assured" there would be "minimal" volume loss.  Can somebody who has been through this please give us the true facts?  I'm inclined to not want to drink the Nuance Kool-Aid. Thanks in advance. ...

MTSO Lost Huge Account
Jul 17, 2010

Small to medium-sized company lost a very large long-term client.  Naturally, the MTs are to blame.  Reason given was the work was out of turn around on weekends and MTs did not meet their commitments.  I can't say what percentage of MTs did not meet their commitments.  I do know that I always have.  I also know that I have kept an accurate log of the work on this very large account and 75 to 90% of the time the work runs out on Sunday, with no work available on Mon ...

Can We Get Some Experienced Opinions On OTI's Huge Account?
Feb 08, 2011

Would really appreciate input from anyone who works on this account. ...

Nuance Just Lost Huge Account
Sep 04, 2012

Just got email that stated that one of Nuance largest accounts has left them for another "vendor"  They will be slowly removing them from pool and putting everybody elsewhere so they say ...

Brand New HUGE Account Coming (BR). If We Can't Keep Up With What
Jun 10, 2015

we have now and they keep requesting OT, how is this supposed to work!?! ...

Well, It Happened. Nuance Loses A Huge Account To....
Sep 11, 2013

NUANCE!  Yes, that's right.  The account I have had for 5 + years has now gone with Dragon EHR according to email from TSM today. How do you like them apples? ...

Huge Account Going To Epic In The East Tomorrow
Jan 31, 2014

20 MTs are being moved elsewhere.   ...

Anyone In North Who Lost Their Huge Account Last Week With No Explanation?
Apr 19, 2010

nm ...

What Ever Happened To Big Oracle Account?
Nov 10, 2010

Some time ago, Oracle advertised for help, saying they needed 70 MTs for some huge account.  I applied.  I am an MT with tons of experience and good, solid credentials.  Yet I never heard a word from them.  Did anyone else apply and actually hear something back?  What is up with those people?  It seems that their current MTs do not have enough work.  Why on earth would they advertise for 70 more? ...

At The End Of My Rope
Aug 08, 2010

I am just sooo depressed and under stress that I can no longer stand it. Backtrack to a year ago, moved into an apartment that I absolutely fell in love with and here in South Florida (Miami area), was "affordable" at $800 a month, but having to pay utilities. (I basically had an enlongated card table and a desk chair and a 19" TV, which was a gift in my living room, queen sized bed and no dresser when I moved in. At that time, I was working for a wonderful MTSO -- no VR, straight typing and wa ...

At The End Of Rope Seriously...
Jul 16, 2013

Ready for work today, another threat to my team about termination for various reasons. I am not going back to work today. I cannot afford to never go back in general but I have finally reached the end of my rope. I am not going in and depending on resumes sent out and tests taken I may never go back at all ever. I don't know if I am about to cut my nose to spite my face but they took away bonus recently with 100% no blank, all QA acct, and various threats, today was a bad day for them to o ...

I Am At The End Of My Rope.
Oct 04, 2014

I am so at the end of my rope because of the horrendous quality of the ASR. As I have said before, and really want to voice to everyone higher up than me, IT should be ashamed of their work. What the heck? After years of work, I am correcting the same things over and over and over. And, it is not because of the transcriptionists' editing based on what I see when I look up patient reports, which they claim is the problem. My blood is now boiling every day as I work. I (we) shou ...

At The End Of My Rope….
Aug 15, 2012

Just venting……..I am so bummed.  I was doing so well a couple of years ago.  I was working as a Radiology Transcriptionist for six years for a very, very large radiology facility, two days in the office and the rest of the week from home in the evenings.  Then they went to VR, but kept me on because the some of the docs were not complying with VR so those reports had to be typed and in addition I was doing editing.  I was making good money and was able to put aw ...

HUGE Laughs......SM
Jan 29, 2013

I'm in an HIT program after doing transcription for about 5 years and deciding that I'm tired of being a wandering sheep, and I just read the first chapter in one of my textbooks, which says that "speech recognition software is 95% to 99% accurate."  I'll be pointing out in my class that that is a grievous error. ...

A Huge Eye Opener
Dec 08, 2013

I had a HUGE eye opener yesterday.  We are not the only ones who are being replaced by software, it is happening in every single industry - I read a big article yesterday announcing this "really cool" (the article's opinion, not mine) new way to place an order at Chili's - on an iPad type tablet that is brought to your table when you are seated - point and click.  Then your order goes directly to the kitchen electronically and your dinner is brought to you by a staff member w ...

Ok Question............My CCM Says Huge Over Time Sm
Dec 17, 2011

as we all know it is going to be totally different on 12/26..............why?  Does anyone know what is happening the 26th?  End of pay period is the 24th, 25th starts a new one so what significance does the 26th hold?  ...

That MLK Holiday Is A HUGE One... To Not Have Work
Jan 24, 2013

I guess I should plan for a week off for Valentines Day, hey? ...

Ipswitch Is A HUGE JOKE
Apr 24, 2013

I can't get to anything but the first page of my inbox.  Oops, now can't even get that. Maybe I'll sit here and work on my Quality essay. ...

As Much As I Detest The Huge Unforgiving
Jan 29, 2015

worked for, I must admit that their unrelenting and harsh criticism of my work and their 99.7% plus demand for perfection has made me a better transcriptionist. I now work for a company where I acheive 100% on nearly all audits and had the same experience at another company before this one. I just knew I was better than N or M had me made out to be. ...

Huge Numbers Of MTs Have Recently Hit Retirement Age
May 18, 2010

I've heard for maybe 10 years now that right now, 2010, is when vast numbers of MTs were supposed to hit retirement age and quit work. What is retirement age? I don't want to retire, but when does a person really need to retire even if they don't want to? ...

Medquist Awarded A Huge Contract.
Aug 26, 2010

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-awarded-contract-with-child-health-corporation-of-america-101383704.html   It does say hospital is outsourcing, so does that mean India? In the latest example of its support for providers nationwide, MedQuist recently signed an agreement with Child Health Corporation of America (CHCA) for clinical documentation and computer-assisted coding technology and outsourced medical transcription and coding services.  MedQuist will implemen ...

Is There A Way To Hide The Huge Statistics Panel In 7.2??
Mar 07, 2013

It takes up most of the screen, and I don't care about any of those statistics anyway.  Just let me work without harrassing me about my stats. ...

Why Fire For Not Meeting Production When Getting Huge
Jan 07, 2014

workflow changes due to a large account being lost (wasn't my primary).  Wondered why all of a sudden I was off my primary and getting mostly this account.  Of course, they didn't know it was leaving until it disappeared.  I'd probably have a heart attack if I every heard the truth.  Never know what hospital is going to show up in the queve, more longer transcription jobs, ASR jobs that have to be typed because the ASR does not match up, some horrible dict ...

Help, I Accidentally Turned On The Huge ADT Box At The Top Of The Report And Don't Remember How
May 31, 2011

off.  Thx. ...

Huge Drop In Work At Landmark Transcription
Mar 01, 2014

I've had a huge drop in work at Landmark for the past 3 months.  I've been there for 3 years working on the same account the entire time.  I've looked at my paychecks during these same exact months for the past years and I had much bigger paychecks, meaning much more work.  Here it is a weekend and I had hardly any work yesterday and so far no work today and this account always had work.  It's been this way for almost 4 months.  Anyone work on the big account that starts ...

Employee Vs IC - U.S. Labor And Treasury Regulators Announced A Huge New
Apr 28, 2010

I just got an Email from BLR (Business and Legal Resources).  They provide information to Human Resources Departments to make sure they are following federal and state laws.  One of their upcoming Webinars is regarding “Employee versus Independent Contractor.”  Too bad I cannot afford it ($219).  I would really be interested in what they have to say since Employee versus Independent Contractor has been a hot topic on this Board, and from the responses, there are ...

My Hands Are So Sore From The Huge Number Of Corrections I Am Making
Jun 02, 2013

Any suggestions to ease the pain - like a better way to delete? This is just too ridiculous. ...

I Am So Sick Of Bouncing Around From Account To Account
Nov 07, 2012

What a flippin joke. Didnt Amy say she was going to keep us in 1 account????   OMG, I have done evey account in my BOB this morning as well as some other Bob. I cant keep my head on straight anymore. It is spinning like a top. My production is down to minimum and I am at risk of being fired for not meeting production because some idiot decides to open the cesspool!   GO CCMs! GET YOUR 100% TAT... SCREW THE REST OF US. ...

End Of My Rope. Hate My Job, Hate What Has Become
Feb 18, 2014

of the medical field in general. What happened to all the American doctors? Has it become so blasted easy for foreigners to come over and get a job as a doctor or are Americans so damn-ass lazy that they don't want to get the education? Or is to so blasted expensive that no one can afford to become a doctor unless you are a foreign student? So freaking sick and tired of all these foreign dictators who speak so fast and sloppy. What the heck is going to become of our health care when we can& ...

Don't Forget, You Will Be QA'd On Each Account, That Could Account
Jun 08, 2015

.... I read notes below to this effect. Oh, and don't forget to NOT count QC lines and scores when you calculate your QA score on FIESA.   ...or just ignore it altogether.    ...