A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What ever happened to big Oracle account? - MrsJ

Posted: Nov 10, 2010

Some time ago, Oracle advertised for help, saying they needed 70 MTs for some huge account.  I applied.  I am an MT with tons of experience and good, solid credentials.  Yet I never heard a word from them.  Did anyone else apply and actually hear something back?  What is up with those people?  It seems that their current MTs do not have enough work.  Why on earth would they advertise for 70 more?Yell

I have no idea. I work for them and I need the work! I was - eccca

[ In Reply To ..]
told I could work on the new account because my line counts have been dismal at best. Never heard a word. Not one. At first I felt awful because I thought they had purposefully excluded me. Now I wonder if it's something else since last time I asked about the new account, no one seemed to know anything.

I wonder if they really hired 70 MTs and what they did with them? I used to hear what a great company they were....

ecca - MrsJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I had heard such great things about them, too, so I applied. My application was not even acknowledged. (I have over 20+ years of experience in acute care as well as radiology.) Then I began to hear bad things about them--that they had lost a lawsuit brought by a disabled employee who was mistreated by them, that there was not enough work for the people already there, etc. Kind of makes me wonder if the same people are still in charge?

see message - alias

[ In Reply To ..]
discrimination lawsuit was settled in July.

a link:

http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/7-20-10.cfm

Interesting....

Similar Messages:

What Happened To Oracle Transcription? Are They
Feb 09, 2015

no longer in business? Did they change their name? Any info appreciated. Thanks! ...

Oracle. End Of My Rope. Huge New Account, 70 MTs?
Oct 21, 2010

Anyone else one of the new hires?  Are you on the new huge account?  I've been twiddling my thumbs now.  Guess I need to apply elsewhere.  I had been told before it was a good company, but I need to be actually typing. That really is a lot of MTs to hire and then not have the new account begin.  I read, below, someone said it keeps being delayed. ...

What Happened To The Account That
Dec 07, 2012

rhymes with putter?  It has suddenly dried up and it seems like there was always work there, even when the others were low.  In fact, they used to beg for people.  Did it go offshore?  I know it USED to be an onshore-only account.   ...

What Happened To The Account In The South?
Oct 31, 2011

What happened to the K hospital in the South Region?  It always had plenty of work, now none. ...

Ascend Healthcare - New Account, WHAT HAPPENED?
Jul 01, 2014

Good morning Earthlings and Martians and Jupiternites !!   This is for those of you who were hired on at Ascend recently for the big new account that went live a few weeks ago.  WHAT THE FIREBALLS OF HADES HAPPENED?  One day we're working, the next they're letting us go.  Did they LOSE the account THAT QUICKLY?  I went to log on yesterday and was unable to do so.  How is it even humanly possible to lose an account you only had for a week?  Were we h ...

Well, It Happened. Nuance Loses A Huge Account To....
Sep 11, 2013

NUANCE!  Yes, that's right.  The account I have had for 5 + years has now gone with Dragon EHR according to email from TSM today. How do you like them apples? ...

I Am So Sick Of Bouncing Around From Account To Account
Nov 07, 2012

What a flippin joke. Didnt Amy say she was going to keep us in 1 account????   OMG, I have done evey account in my BOB this morning as well as some other Bob. I cant keep my head on straight anymore. It is spinning like a top. My production is down to minimum and I am at risk of being fired for not meeting production because some idiot decides to open the cesspool!   GO CCMs! GET YOUR 100% TAT... SCREW THE REST OF US. ...

Don't Forget, You Will Be QA'd On Each Account, That Could Account
Jun 08, 2015

.... I read notes below to this effect. Oh, and don't forget to NOT count QC lines and scores when you calculate your QA score on FIESA.   ...or just ignore it altogether.    ...

Anyone Know What's Up With Oracle/OTI?
Jan 31, 2010

I haven't had much work for months.  Since last summer actually.  Can never make minimum.  I have another part-time job so I'll survive, and I do like that company on a whole, but there has been NO WORK.  They keep promising new accounts that never happen.  Is it just me?  Are there some Oracle workers that are happy and have enough work? I know sometimes it is famine time as an MT, but this is ridiculous. I wonder if they lost some big accounts or somethi ...

Where Is Oracle? 
Aug 12, 2010

Where is Oracle?  I miss her intelligent answers.     ...

Oracle Pay Cut
Nov 10, 2010

Just wondering - how many at Oracle got a pay cut 10/01?  Not trying to start problems - just disappointed in them and wondering.  ...

Does Anyone Know If OTI/Oracle Has Given Up On Their ASR?
May 03, 2011

Just noticing that I am getting some regular transcription that used to be ASR. ...

Oracle?
May 22, 2011

I've applied to Oracle....any thoughts?  Are they heavy ESL?  Any info appreciated!  Thanks!   ...

Anyone Get The Job With Oracle - OTI??
Nov 13, 2012

Sounds like a pretty reasonable place to work. Hardly ever read any posts here about them so I assume, no news is good news and their employees must be fairly content. Just curious, as they seldom hire. I applied, but I am acute care/hospital transcription and they were looking for people to fill multispecialty clinic account, so folks who have an extensive background in clinic work. Just curious if anyone has started and how they like it. Also curious if there are any who have been with ...

Does Oracle (OTI) Still Have ASR?
Oct 09, 2013

d ...

Haynes And Oracle
May 04, 2010

Has anyone heard of Haynes Transcription or Oracle transcription. If so, I would like to get good or bad info on them.   Thanx ...

Oracle Transcription?
Jul 20, 2010

Does anyone currently (or you did sometime this year) work for Oracle Transcription? If so, what's your experience been like? I'm interested in working with them part time as an IC. ...

Oracle Workload
Aug 12, 2010

Can anyone tell me how the workload is at Oracle?  I'm tired of it being slow all the time where I am currently.  I'm concerned about taking a new position and it being the same-o, same-o. ...

Is Oracle And OTI The Same Company?
Jun 23, 2011

Is Oracle and OTI the same company?  Any info on either?  Thanks. ...

Oracle Or Landmark? And Why?
Sep 23, 2010

Which one would you choose, and why?  (I am experienced on Bayscribe, a platform they both use.) ...

Oracle Info Please
Sep 25, 2010

Can anyone give me info about Oracle? Good or bad is welcome. ...

Oracle Reply?
Sep 30, 2010

For anyone who applied to Oracle last week, did you get any kind of reply?  I called their office and the receptionist said she was looking over many aps and would be hearing from her, but nothing.  ...

Has Anyone Gotten A Response From Oracle??
Oct 06, 2010

They have a job posting that I applied for.  Haven't heard anything back from them.  Has anyone else?  ...

If You Are New Or Old For Oracle OTI, Please Answer.
Oct 16, 2010

No one answers my emails when I ask why my accounts have no work. It's been going on for a very long time, but so much worse now.  I thought a new account was going ot start, but I haven't heard a word about it.  Is something going on that I don't know about?  I realize they were going to be switching to more SR and MTs weren't all that happy about it (my own pay will be 1.5 CPL lower and only 4CPL for SR work), but what happened?I absolutely hate coming to a r ...

Oracle/OTI Transcription
Dec 10, 2010

I've just started working with Oracle, and seem to like it okay so far. However, I am reading all these posts here about pay decreases, no work, and no communication. Is this all sudden and not typical of them? I'm a little worried now. I know lots of companies get bashed on this board and some for silly reasons, but I was wondering if there was any truth behind the posts here, or if it's just a few "unhappy" MTs. Anything you can share would be great! Thanks so much! ...

Oracle Or Landmark?
Jan 14, 2011

Which would you choose? ...

Oracle Transciption (OTI)
Feb 02, 2011

Does anyone know anything about how this company is to work for?  Thanks. ...

Oracle Question
Feb 06, 2011

Does anyone know an e-mail address for OTI?  I would like to e-mail them in regard to questions I need to have answered before filling out their online app simply because if I don't like what I hear that will save me and them time in the longrun.  I could not find an addy on their website.  Thanks in advance. ...

OTI/Oracle Question
Feb 07, 2011

Does anyone know what Oracle/OTI's line requirement is for P/T IC work? TIA!!! ...

Oracle Out Of Work - Sm
Feb 23, 2011

My friend just started and has been off of QA maybe 2 days typing full time and just ran out of work.  I am supposed to train soon to come on board.  Makes me very nervous that they overhired and are still hiring. ...