A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why fire for not meeting production when getting huge - sick and tired of being sick and tired

Posted: Jan 07, 2014

workflow changes due to a large account being lost (wasn't my primary).  Wondered why all of a sudden I was off my primary and getting mostly this account.  Of course, they didn't know it was leaving until it disappeared.  I'd probably have a heart attack if I every heard the truth.  Never know what hospital is going to show up in the queve, more longer transcription jobs, ASR jobs that have to be typed because the ASR does not match up, some horrible dictators on cell phones cutting out, etc.  Cannot make production with this hodgepodge for workflow. Have been yanked off accounts and onto new accounts over the years with very little resistance (doing whatever they needed).  Pushed off of afternoon to evening to midnight because the work I was doing was given to others.  Over 12 years of this abuse to help them meet their goals.  No grace, no professionalism, ungrateful.... this is the return for you effort.  NOT WORTH WORKING FOR.  THEY DON'T DESERVE TO HAVE EMPLOYEES.

Did you get fired or are you being threatened - with being fired?

[ In Reply To ..]
x

My "position is being terminated." - sick and tired of being sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told I could finish my shift. I said, no thanks.

WOW - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
So sorry to hear that. Hope things get better for you. None of us feel safe.
been getting the emails of low production - holidays play their part - alphamt
[ In Reply To ..]
Same issues as yours, trying hard to keep up but disheartened by what feels like an adjustment to production line counting that makes me below production most of the day! After 25+ years can estimate well what kind of production day i am having, and these numbers do not match the effort. Should i start straight-typing instead of correcting? So many accounts with opposite requirements, back and forth tiny jobs, forgetting to do this or that! Feeling lost and played with. Where is the appreciation for taking on even more hospitals, and not being given the time to learn them properly before the ax feels like it is above my head? Too long at this profession to be treated like a failure! Best of luck to you and to all of us who are being squeezed. Are you over close to 60-yo, by the way?
that would be illegal - they are not that stupid
[ In Reply To ..]
Unethical maybe, but not stupid enough to do something so blatantly illegal as monkeying with the line counting software.
OK, you're kidding ... right? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Either you haven't been around here long enough, or you've had your head in the sand for the last 25 years - either way, you should do your research. MModal (as Medquist) has been busted AND taken to court for doing EXACTLY that at LEAST a dozen times in the last couple of decades. All those lawsuits only did one thing - made them smarter about cheating their employees.

Seriously, read up. This company is *notorious* for playing with the line count software.
which is exactly why they wouldn't - attempt it again
[ In Reply To ..]
because they've been busted before. Anyway I haven't seen any changes at all to my line counts. Why would they do this only to some?
You have to be the most naive person on earth - XYZ
[ In Reply To ..]
They've been busted for it over and over and over again through the years and you think they've finally learned their decades-long lesson and they wouldn't DARE rip off their employees again?

I'm literally sitting here laughing out loud!! I honestly didn't think anyone on earth could ever be that naive!!
well I'm real sorry they jacked with your lines - they didnt mess with mine
[ In Reply To ..]
still getting good line counts, still getting paid 10/6.
yes they are that stupid - they have done it before
[ In Reply To ..]
They will do whatever they want with no consequences at all.
Do your research - MME
[ In Reply To ..]
Some people who have been around for a while actually said that is the entire reason for their "name change" from Medquist to MModal, to escape the shadow of all those lawsuits. You have no idea what you're talking about if you think this company is beyond doing anything illegal - they have a long, long LOOOONG history of ripping off their employees and playing around with the software. Seriously - do yourself a favor. Do your research.
my line counts have not - changed
[ In Reply To ..]
and please refrain from telling me to do myself a favor.
OMG stop! I'm literally on the floor laughing right now! - MME
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not sure which is funnier to me, how far in the sand your head actually is or the fact that you were offended by "Do yourself a favor".

Here then, let me rephrase that. Do the rest of us a favor ... keep telling us about how above board MModal is because we all could use the comic relief.
I really dislike you - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
In fact, I think I'll just report you right now. this is a personal attack on me, and I have a right to my opinions just as much as you do. My line counts HAVE NOT CHANGED.
Are you for real? I don't think you're a real person - MME
[ In Reply To ..]
I honestly don't care if you report me, and I care even less that you don't "like me". I think you're hilarious.
yes I am a real person - with real feelings nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
There was a prior lawsuit years ago - where they stole lines
[ In Reply To ..]
Sad part is, I still made more money back then, to the tune of 10K a year
Exactly ... and that was just one of many - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The software was always being tweaked and tampered with, and through the 2 decades I've been with MModal they have been taken to court no fewer than a dozen times after being busted. Funny thing is that it's always been some crafty MTs that have busted them and reported their thievery.

A tiger NEVER changes its stripes, especially one with this kind of history. Don't think for one MINUTE they've "learned their lesson" from all those many lawsuits and fines they've paid over the years - the only lesson they've learned is how to beat the system while managing to stay out of handcuffs.
Thank you and the best to you also:) The squeeze, - sick and tired of being sick and tired
[ In Reply To ..]
production vs quality, oh so workflow dependent. It is my observation that if you are receiving familiar accounts and dictators, repetitive work, ASR with very few corrections, good ADT screens (all matched up), achieving this balance is not problematic. However, when work is low and a lot of unfamiliar dictators come to you, as well as ASR that requires a lot of correction, and even sometimes needing to type the report because the VR barely matches the dictation, this is wherein, I believe, the problem lies. I have noticed times when I have done approx 10 reports and was above 150 LPH (by their graph), then a bad one comes along, takes a lot of time and suddenly, I no longer am meeting 150 LPH. Have seen this over and over through a shift. A string of short, less than a minute reports, will drag your LPH down as well. This doesn't seem correct as a measure of your overall production when a couple time-consuming reports, or a string of less than a minute each reports within a shift can drop all the others below the 150. This is the flaw in the system from my vantage point. In addition, there is the time spent trying to figure out the spelling of a patient's name and get a match. Time spent and no lines lowers the LPH.

If someone wants to sabotage your production on an otherwise good day, just toss in some terrible reports as those mentioned above and it ought to do the trick.

Glad to be done with it. Time to move on to something more enjoyable.

A tad over 60 years old.
Thanks. Feels better already :) nm - sick and tired of being sick and tired
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I should clarify, why fire as opposed to laying off - sick and tired of being sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
is the question. I had been going back and forth with quality issues and production issues. To work faster, made minor-type errors. To slow down, not meeting production. On a few days when I was getting good workflow and good dictators (fast but not too fast, very few ASR corrections needing to be made, saw lines per hour in the 170s. This is workflow dependent. I also was making higher pay, if that works into the equation. Actually, glad to be done with them, reclaim my life and move on to much better things :) A blessing in disguise for certain.

wait, - what?

[ In Reply To ..]
your position was terminated but they said it was because of your production/quality?

Yes production, not quality. nm - sick and tired of being sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Minor errors - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
You made minor-type errors. Did this take you below 99.6? Just curious what type of errors have what taken off.

2 punctuation errors will fail you - failure

[ In Reply To ..]
Lowest point increment is 0.25 points. 2 minor errors = 0.5 points = failed audit
They need to change that. They should - drop it down to 98.6. nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Are you in the North Region, because some - fedup North MT

[ In Reply To ..]
crazy things have been happening recently. There was a ton of work and now NJA. I think they lost an account too. It is always the MTs fault though. We have to be perfect, even while making peanuts.

Wonderful West :) nm - sick and tired of being sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Can u give me the initials of the account - lost in the north pls

[ In Reply To ..]
Im a North MT and haven't got much if any of my previous accounts.

Keystrokes did something similar - In first pay period

[ In Reply To ..]
Writeups in an MT's first pay period for low production on a new account with lots and lots of ESL.

Once my favorite company but I now HATE one of the coordinators on a power trip. The old KS wouldn't have tolerated MTs being treated like that; it's all about the money now.

Dont get me started on what Keystrokes pulled - on me

[ In Reply To ..]
QA lied, I caught them, proved my case. They fired the QA person but took me off my favorite account AND tried to switch my shift..I just told them to kiss my butt and left..Nepotism now runs VERY deep there. Used to have a lot of respect for them not sending work overseas,,dont care would never work at that place, not to mention there always seemed to be a "problem with the bank" that caused pay problems.

Similar Messages:

If One Is Not Meeting Production Requirements, What Are My Options And Theirs?
Sep 06, 2013

N/A ...

If One Is Having Difficulty Meeting Production And Their Final Warning Is Next
Sep 10, 2013

So if one is having difficulty meeting production and their final warning is next...will I qualify for unemployment for not meeting my company's expectations? And yes, I am an employee and just went from full-time to part-time and does that make a difference on unemployment benefits? ...

Alliance Health Documentation Trouble Meeting Line Production?
Nov 14, 2014

Anyone having trouble meeting line production? ...

So Do You Think They Will Fire Me? LOL
Aug 14, 2011

So I am supposed to be working right now..I gave my notice last week that I would be done on August 17th, but I unfortunately am just not feeling the need to finish out the week.  I am leaving because I am unhappy (like many at MQ are)..I have a new job starting on the 23rd with better pay and better hours and I can't wait!  I was looking at my jobs for the last 4 weeks and have noticed I have a 99% (I forgot the word "about") on an audit and a 98.75% on an audit, with just 2 corr ...

MQ Doesn't Need To Fire Or Lay Off
Mar 29, 2010

The evil Q doesn't have to fire or lay anyone off, they can just starve us to death with no work.  ...

Out Of The Fire Into The Frying Pan?
Jan 12, 2013

After almost 10 years of working at home and in house doing MT, and the last 3 at Nuance, I have decided to take a coding course.  I am so demoralized w/Nuance.  Lost my bonus (and I have not gotten sloppy and careless in my time there) and then they made it more difficult to get a bonus; the crummy health insurance, the VR is a joke ("can be twice as fast as typing," but we are absolutely paid 1/2 what we are paid for typing), the offshoring, the drs on cell phones, the horrible ESLs. ...

Is MM Going To Fire Me For Making Below
May 19, 2013

I was working on an account for the last 5 years and was averaging in ASR lines at 329-340 an hour with 100% audits. Then the work got slow and I was moved to another manager and another new account.  Now my average ASR lines are around 170-180 an hour with 100% audits.  At 175 ASR line rate an hour and being part-time, that is 175 x 0.4 a line which comes to 7.00 an hour.  For part-timers, I was told you have to be at 120 lines an hour and I am still a Tier 1.   My s ...

Intrinsics S/l Fire Normally?
Jul 10, 2013

doctor dictated what s/l intrinsics "fire" normally - is fire correct? ...

So They Fire/lay Off A Bunch Of MTs
Aug 26, 2013

is out of TAT. TSM says lots of second and third shifters were let go (code phrase-reduction in force) and now the rest of us need to step up and change our shift to second and third shift. ClusterMMuck at its finest. ...

New Hire - Nervous - What Would It Take For Them To Fire Me?
May 04, 2012

. ...

Dear God Please Go Ahead And Fire Me Already
Jan 15, 2014

so tired of these "failed audit" emails.  God forbid I get a 99.5.  Please reply with how you are going to change this in the future.  Slow down.     Sorry I can't F'ing slow down i have kids to feed and you cut my pay over $5000 last year.  so fire me and let me collect UE and foodstamps.  OH WAIT you can't because you are constantly out of TAT and begging for people to work because they are all quitting or you fired them already.  My bad ...

S/l Fire Calf Atrophy
Nov 28, 2014

s/l fire calf atrophy - neurologic examination ...

How Does MModal Fire You? I'm Figuring I'll
Dec 17, 2014

I can't pass an audit to save my life...I figure any day now I'll receive a call telling me to log out, even though I've not finished the report I'm on, and I'll be fired.  I'm so sick of feeling like I'm doing my best, only to find out that this little error, or that little error (spacing or period or comma, among others) causes a 0.25 point drop and those puppies add up.  I think 99.5 is an unreasonable level and I'm sick and tired of feeling w ...

Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire
Sep 26, 2012

I watched a documentary on this fire the other night and mentioned to my SO how it reminded me of being an MT for Nuance.  It seems like sooner or later something very bad is going to happen.  I know it's reaching, but think of the similarities; they were all women, they worked long hours, weekends, made crappy pay and were skilled at what they do, and yet... "Although the floor had a number of exits, including two freight elevators, a fire escape, and stairways down to Greene St ...

They Wont Fire You If You Refuse To Change Shifts
Sep 11, 2013

That they will consider that you RESIGNED if you refuse to change. They are covering their slimy butts six ways to Sunday. ...

Let This Latest Edition Of MM Nonsense Fuel Your Hate Fire.
Sep 10, 2013

I have never been more motivated to get away from this company.  Did you know there are other places to work?? I know - I forget that too sometimes!! When I tell the people in my life what happens to me at work, they are in disbelief.  "What company is this??!!" they say. "My God - what in the world - I would never let anyone keep me shackeled to my computer all day!!" said another. "So let me get this straight, when you 'run out of work,' you have to keep checking back...lik ...

HUGE Laughs......SM
Jan 29, 2013

I'm in an HIT program after doing transcription for about 5 years and deciding that I'm tired of being a wandering sheep, and I just read the first chapter in one of my textbooks, which says that "speech recognition software is 95% to 99% accurate."  I'll be pointing out in my class that that is a grievous error. ...

A Huge Eye Opener
Dec 08, 2013

I had a HUGE eye opener yesterday.  We are not the only ones who are being replaced by software, it is happening in every single industry - I read a big article yesterday announcing this "really cool" (the article's opinion, not mine) new way to place an order at Chili's - on an iPad type tablet that is brought to your table when you are seated - point and click.  Then your order goes directly to the kitchen electronically and your dinner is brought to you by a staff member w ...

Ok Question............My CCM Says Huge Over Time Sm
Dec 17, 2011

as we all know it is going to be totally different on 12/26..............why?  Does anyone know what is happening the 26th?  End of pay period is the 24th, 25th starts a new one so what significance does the 26th hold?  ...

That MLK Holiday Is A HUGE One... To Not Have Work
Jan 24, 2013

I guess I should plan for a week off for Valentines Day, hey? ...

Ipswitch Is A HUGE JOKE
Apr 24, 2013

I can't get to anything but the first page of my inbox.  Oops, now can't even get that. Maybe I'll sit here and work on my Quality essay. ...

Huge Account Going To EPIC
Oct 16, 2013

So, we were just informed that a huge account is being rolled out to EPIC and "assured" there would be "minimal" volume loss.  Can somebody who has been through this please give us the true facts?  I'm inclined to not want to drink the Nuance Kool-Aid. Thanks in advance. ...

As Much As I Detest The Huge Unforgiving
Jan 29, 2015

worked for, I must admit that their unrelenting and harsh criticism of my work and their 99.7% plus demand for perfection has made me a better transcriptionist. I now work for a company where I acheive 100% on nearly all audits and had the same experience at another company before this one. I just knew I was better than N or M had me made out to be. ...

Is It Mucous Secretions And Mucus Production Or Mucous Production?
Mar 11, 2013

Is it mucous secretions and mucus production or mucous production? ...

Huge Numbers Of MTs Have Recently Hit Retirement Age
May 18, 2010

I've heard for maybe 10 years now that right now, 2010, is when vast numbers of MTs were supposed to hit retirement age and quit work. What is retirement age? I don't want to retire, but when does a person really need to retire even if they don't want to? ...

MTSO Lost Huge Account
Jul 17, 2010

Small to medium-sized company lost a very large long-term client.  Naturally, the MTs are to blame.  Reason given was the work was out of turn around on weekends and MTs did not meet their commitments.  I can't say what percentage of MTs did not meet their commitments.  I do know that I always have.  I also know that I have kept an accurate log of the work on this very large account and 75 to 90% of the time the work runs out on Sunday, with no work available on Mon ...

Medquist Awarded A Huge Contract.
Aug 26, 2010

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-awarded-contract-with-child-health-corporation-of-america-101383704.html   It does say hospital is outsourcing, so does that mean India? In the latest example of its support for providers nationwide, MedQuist recently signed an agreement with Child Health Corporation of America (CHCA) for clinical documentation and computer-assisted coding technology and outsourced medical transcription and coding services.  MedQuist will implemen ...

Oracle. End Of My Rope. Huge New Account, 70 MTs?
Oct 21, 2010

Anyone else one of the new hires?  Are you on the new huge account?  I've been twiddling my thumbs now.  Guess I need to apply elsewhere.  I had been told before it was a good company, but I need to be actually typing. That really is a lot of MTs to hire and then not have the new account begin.  I read, below, someone said it keeps being delayed. ...

Can We Get Some Experienced Opinions On OTI's Huge Account?
Feb 08, 2011

Would really appreciate input from anyone who works on this account. ...

Nuance Just Lost Huge Account
Sep 04, 2012

Just got email that stated that one of Nuance largest accounts has left them for another "vendor"  They will be slowly removing them from pool and putting everybody elsewhere so they say ...