A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am at the end of my rope. - dnr

Posted: Oct 04, 2014

I am so at the end of my rope because of the horrendous quality of the ASR. As I have said before, and really want to voice to everyone higher up than me, IT should be ashamed of their work. What the heck? After years of work, I am correcting the same things over and over and over. And, it is not because of the transcriptionists' editing based on what I see when I look up patient reports, which they claim is the problem. My blood is now boiling every day as I work. I (we) should not be subjected to this if they are going to demand higher line counts. My line count, as demonstrated over and over, is directly tied to the amount of correction I must do. I am even considering applying for a job that would take at least an hour to drive to. That is something I had vowed not to do! But, with each day of this ridiculousness, I get more and more frantic to get out of here!

Right There With You - Victoria

[ In Reply To ..]
Has anyone else also noticed that starting this past week many (more) of the dictations are so low they are barely audible and with that comes a new ASR problem of much of the text not being picked up. That means I am typing 60% or more of the report for the ASR rate. Do you think they are aware of what is going on -- is this another evil plan to cheat us out of our earnings?

mandatory line count - Debs

[ In Reply To ..]
are they increasing the line count above 150?

line count - bich

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you received an email on this?
I haven't....hoping not true! LOL - Debs
[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

At The End Of My Rope
Aug 08, 2010

I am just sooo depressed and under stress that I can no longer stand it. Backtrack to a year ago, moved into an apartment that I absolutely fell in love with and here in South Florida (Miami area), was "affordable" at $800 a month, but having to pay utilities. (I basically had an enlongated card table and a desk chair and a 19" TV, which was a gift in my living room, queen sized bed and no dresser when I moved in. At that time, I was working for a wonderful MTSO -- no VR, straight typing and wa ...

At The End Of Rope Seriously...
Jul 16, 2013

Ready for work today, another threat to my team about termination for various reasons. I am not going back to work today. I cannot afford to never go back in general but I have finally reached the end of my rope. I am not going in and depending on resumes sent out and tests taken I may never go back at all ever. I don't know if I am about to cut my nose to spite my face but they took away bonus recently with 100% no blank, all QA acct, and various threats, today was a bad day for them to o ...

At The End Of My Rope….
Aug 15, 2012

Just venting……..I am so bummed.  I was doing so well a couple of years ago.  I was working as a Radiology Transcriptionist for six years for a very, very large radiology facility, two days in the office and the rest of the week from home in the evenings.  Then they went to VR, but kept me on because the some of the docs were not complying with VR so those reports had to be typed and in addition I was doing editing.  I was making good money and was able to put aw ...

Oracle. End Of My Rope. Huge New Account, 70 MTs?
Oct 21, 2010

Anyone else one of the new hires?  Are you on the new huge account?  I've been twiddling my thumbs now.  Guess I need to apply elsewhere.  I had been told before it was a good company, but I need to be actually typing. That really is a lot of MTs to hire and then not have the new account begin.  I read, below, someone said it keeps being delayed. ...

End Of My Rope. Hate My Job, Hate What Has Become
Feb 18, 2014

of the medical field in general. What happened to all the American doctors? Has it become so blasted easy for foreigners to come over and get a job as a doctor or are Americans so damn-ass lazy that they don't want to get the education? Or is to so blasted expensive that no one can afford to become a doctor unless you are a foreign student? So freaking sick and tired of all these foreign dictators who speak so fast and sloppy. What the heck is going to become of our health care when we can& ...