A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Well, it happened. Nuance loses a huge account to.... - sadmt

Posted: Sep 11, 2013

NUANCE!  Yes, that's right.  The account I have had for 5 + years has now gone with Dragon EHR according to email from TSM today. How do you like them apples?

Sorry to hear that :( - Rae-Rae

[ In Reply To ..]
I somehow feel I'd do better if it weren't all VR.

Dragon - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
Doesn't Nuance own Dragon? So, if the account went to Dragon, doesn't that mean that Nuance got the sale? I wonder if the facility purchases the software for one flat fee, or if there are continuous charges that go to Nuance, annual, monthly, or whatever?

I believe she said Nuance lost the account to Nuance--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Sucks for the MTs but we should be paying attention because this will likely be happening to more and more of us. Time to start hiding money in the mattress and stock up the pantry, rougher days are ahead.

So, is everybody being re-assigned to other accounts to fight for the work?--nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Other accounts and other shifts. Get ready for fireworks. - no message

[ In Reply To ..]
x

EHR - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Was your account a hospital or clinic account and was it large or small? Just wondering what type of account you were on and did they give you any notice they were looking into the EHR before they told you about it? Sorry for you!

huge children's hospital went to EHR - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
We were given no warning until it happened, and they reassigned everyone; just a few of us pick up an occasional job but almost all of this very busy account is gone. The jobs that DO come in will just have a few sections dictated, the other sections they say "pull in from EMR"

Was this the VA? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

It was a huge clinic account. and no notice, - sadMt

[ In Reply To ..]
so I am told. Just a decrease in dictated jobs to almost nothing and then they inform the account exec who went on site.

Nuance and Voice Recognition - LadyWriter

[ In Reply To ..]
This may sound a bit strange to ponder, but I wonder if Nuance buying up the competition is more of a ploy to promote their equipment, i.e., Dragon, and acquiring the transcription is just temporary in their bigger scheme of things?
Not strange at all - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
They take accounts intending to move them to front end SR. MTs are a bridge to that. Then they are not needed at all.

Do some reading about them. They have been described as aggressively taking over the competition in SR and other things, as well as buying up MTSOs. They are not interested in the MT transcription so much as they are in developing their front-end SR (i.e., no MT, no offshoring, transcribes as the doctor dictates, right in front of him) and having a market ready-made for it.

Yes, their interest in transcription itself is just a step on the way to their future. It and you are being used to develop their new SR. You are testing the software that will replace you.

The beliefs that MTs have that "editors" will always be required are inaccurate. From what you can see of the field, it seems reasonable, but you are not seeing the rest of things. You are not seeing the EHR world that does NOT use editors. Doesn't use them, doesn't need them. We have it already and it works fine.

That is why I keep coming on here to encourage you to start getting out of MT now. Don't continue to delay. You are already working under terrible conditions. Your incomes have plummeted. It is not going to improve.

Very true. Sad but true. - sadMT
[ In Reply To ..]
We have been purchased as a piece of equipment, to further fine-tune their front end SR product. It's actually a brilliant move on the part of Nuance. They get paid by our accounts/clients for perfecting their product which they will then sell to our accounts/clients and put us all out of work. and by ALL out of work I'm including the TSM and the TLs who have work directly related to the MLS. None will be needed any longer after our clients are fully converted to Dragon or whatever other SR system for EHR is used. Start re-training now before it's too late. There will be no need for editors or any other MT-related work.

Similar Messages:

Nuance Just Lost Huge Account
Sep 04, 2012

Just got email that stated that one of Nuance largest accounts has left them for another "vendor"  They will be slowly removing them from pool and putting everybody elsewhere so they say ...

And Imedx Finally Loses Texas Account
Mar 19, 2015

No work at all today to me. The account is little to nil. Texas account officially gone I think. ...

Huge Account Going To EPIC
Oct 16, 2013

So, we were just informed that a huge account is being rolled out to EPIC and "assured" there would be "minimal" volume loss.  Can somebody who has been through this please give us the true facts?  I'm inclined to not want to drink the Nuance Kool-Aid. Thanks in advance. ...

MTSO Lost Huge Account
Jul 17, 2010

Small to medium-sized company lost a very large long-term client.  Naturally, the MTs are to blame.  Reason given was the work was out of turn around on weekends and MTs did not meet their commitments.  I can't say what percentage of MTs did not meet their commitments.  I do know that I always have.  I also know that I have kept an accurate log of the work on this very large account and 75 to 90% of the time the work runs out on Sunday, with no work available on Mon ...

Oracle. End Of My Rope. Huge New Account, 70 MTs?
Oct 21, 2010

Anyone else one of the new hires?  Are you on the new huge account?  I've been twiddling my thumbs now.  Guess I need to apply elsewhere.  I had been told before it was a good company, but I need to be actually typing. That really is a lot of MTs to hire and then not have the new account begin.  I read, below, someone said it keeps being delayed. ...

Can We Get Some Experienced Opinions On OTI's Huge Account?
Feb 08, 2011

Would really appreciate input from anyone who works on this account. ...

Brand New HUGE Account Coming (BR). If We Can't Keep Up With What
Jun 10, 2015

we have now and they keep requesting OT, how is this supposed to work!?! ...

Huge Account Going To Epic In The East Tomorrow
Jan 31, 2014

20 MTs are being moved elsewhere.   ...

Anyone In North Who Lost Their Huge Account Last Week With No Explanation?
Apr 19, 2010

nm ...

What Happened To The Account That
Dec 07, 2012

rhymes with putter?  It has suddenly dried up and it seems like there was always work there, even when the others were low.  In fact, they used to beg for people.  Did it go offshore?  I know it USED to be an onshore-only account.   ...

What Ever Happened To Big Oracle Account?
Nov 10, 2010

Some time ago, Oracle advertised for help, saying they needed 70 MTs for some huge account.  I applied.  I am an MT with tons of experience and good, solid credentials.  Yet I never heard a word from them.  Did anyone else apply and actually hear something back?  What is up with those people?  It seems that their current MTs do not have enough work.  Why on earth would they advertise for 70 more? ...

What Happened To The Account In The South?
Oct 31, 2011

What happened to the K hospital in the South Region?  It always had plenty of work, now none. ...

Ascend Healthcare - New Account, WHAT HAPPENED?
Jul 01, 2014

Good morning Earthlings and Martians and Jupiternites !!   This is for those of you who were hired on at Ascend recently for the big new account that went live a few weeks ago.  WHAT THE FIREBALLS OF HADES HAPPENED?  One day we're working, the next they're letting us go.  Did they LOSE the account THAT QUICKLY?  I went to log on yesterday and was unable to do so.  How is it even humanly possible to lose an account you only had for a week?  Were we h ...

Leaving Nuance Is The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me.
Aug 08, 2013

Somebody fry these bas****s! Document EVERYTHING! Someone posted about how to save the voice files. Also save your completed document into a Word document so it can be proved that the document was created on a certain date and never modified. Print copies of all correspondence for anything that isn't just a mundane question. Take screen shots or whatever you need to do of FIEFSA or anything else. Challenge all errors. Document dates and times you run out of work. Document it all. Find w ...

It Finally Happened. Nuance Has Shown Their Ugly Face.
Feb 21, 2014

After over a year from the acquisition of my company, Nuance decided to end the ICs and make us employees.  Guess I starve again.   ...

Nuance New Account
Feb 20, 2014

Anybody know anything or working on new huge account out of Western North Carolina?  Major medical center laid off 43 MTs and sent all their work out to Nuance.  Gave MTs the news right before Christmas but just went "live" a few weeks ago.  Just wondering how it was going.   Was a big hit to this hospital. I got out of the MT field for good in 2008.  Working a guest services position last 18 months in local hospital and absolutely love it!  There is ligh ...

Nuances Loses $25.8M Last Quarter--see Link
May 01, 2013

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100690643 ...

Imedx Loses Two Accounts Today
Feb 09, 2015

Per notice this morning, IMEDX loses two accounts, no longer have access. Merry Christmas. ...

Nuance Bayscribe Account?
Jan 23, 2014

Does anyone here work on the Bayscribe acct for Nuance? Curious about pay and if there is enough work for part-time. ...

Thanks, Nuance For Moving Me To Disastrous Account
Nov 12, 2013

Thanks, Nuance, for moving me and several other MTs to what looks and sounds like a disastrous account just before the holidays. Yeah, the cents per line is a little bit higher than what I was making on my previous account, but when you factor in the slow going it will be because of the 73 PAGES OF ACCOUNT SPECS that we have to learn, the hundreds (maybe thousands?? I don't know.. looks like a huge account though) of new doctors to learn and get comfortable with, and everything else that go ...

Nuance Losing Account? Maybe It's Working!
Dec 08, 2014

So you need help on this account so far out of TAT you're in danger of losing it. Sounds like people are deserting. Maybe if they lose a few accounts they'll get the message. One can only hope. I feel sorry for the managers. It must be pretty tough sitting between the leeches and those whom they suck the blood out of. How do they do it? ...

Straight Typing Account At Nuance.
Apr 22, 2015

It came over with Probity. Is anyone familiar with it? Is it going to switch to Speech? Any information appreciated. ...

Amphion Loses 3 Major EditScript Accounts To EPIC
Jun 21, 2014

Amphion loses 3 EditScript accounts to EPIC over the past 2 weeks.  It was so "epic" to lose 3 accounts in the course of 2 weeks.  What was not so epic was being trained on a new account from hell with 101 rules pertaining to demographic reporting for freaking pend notes.  One will spend half the day reporting back to client on missed information.  I do not think so.  Truly time to jump ship.    ...

Feedback From Anyone On Nuance Ambulatory Clinic Account And Using EMDAT
Sep 01, 2014

How productive is Emdat on Nuance Ambulatory Clinic accounts?  Platform seems easy to use, but can a person get a good line count? ...

HUGE Laughs......SM
Jan 29, 2013

I'm in an HIT program after doing transcription for about 5 years and deciding that I'm tired of being a wandering sheep, and I just read the first chapter in one of my textbooks, which says that "speech recognition software is 95% to 99% accurate."  I'll be pointing out in my class that that is a grievous error. ...

A Huge Eye Opener
Dec 08, 2013

I had a HUGE eye opener yesterday.  We are not the only ones who are being replaced by software, it is happening in every single industry - I read a big article yesterday announcing this "really cool" (the article's opinion, not mine) new way to place an order at Chili's - on an iPad type tablet that is brought to your table when you are seated - point and click.  Then your order goes directly to the kitchen electronically and your dinner is brought to you by a staff member w ...

Ok Question............My CCM Says Huge Over Time Sm
Dec 17, 2011

as we all know it is going to be totally different on 12/26..............why?  Does anyone know what is happening the 26th?  End of pay period is the 24th, 25th starts a new one so what significance does the 26th hold?  ...

That MLK Holiday Is A HUGE One... To Not Have Work
Jan 24, 2013

I guess I should plan for a week off for Valentines Day, hey? ...

Ipswitch Is A HUGE JOKE
Apr 24, 2013

I can't get to anything but the first page of my inbox.  Oops, now can't even get that. Maybe I'll sit here and work on my Quality essay. ...

As Much As I Detest The Huge Unforgiving
Jan 29, 2015

worked for, I must admit that their unrelenting and harsh criticism of my work and their 99.7% plus demand for perfection has made me a better transcriptionist. I now work for a company where I acheive 100% on nearly all audits and had the same experience at another company before this one. I just knew I was better than N or M had me made out to be. ...