A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

At the end of rope seriously... - MT

Posted: Jul 16, 2013

Ready for work today, another threat to my team about termination for various reasons. I am not going back to work today. I cannot afford to never go back in general but I have finally reached the end of my rope. I am not going in and depending on resumes sent out and tests taken I may never go back at all ever.

I don't know if I am about to cut my nose to spite my face but they took away bonus recently with 100% no blank, all QA acct, and various threats, today was a bad day for them to once again threaten us all termination.

Terminate THEM.

Thanks for listening to my vent. I have had enough. I am going to do something about it TODAY.

Same thing happened to me - I worked there for

[ In Reply To ..]
5 years, originally from Focus. I was threatened constantly when Nuance came along. I never knew if they were serious or not. I tried to quit 3 times and each time my team leader would call me and not understand why I was leaving. I would come back and then again, threats to be fired. So, finally, I just left, got tired of guessing. Made me too nervous to stay. Good Luck to you.

End of my rope - Been There

[ In Reply To ..]
How in the world do these companies get away with this; you ready about it constantly with Nuance and M*Modal and probably others as well. I know of no other profession that treats its employees with such abuse and even if you do a good job, you aren't compensated for it. They take away everything, have all this double speak about everything, lie to us, betray us, demoralize us and so on. Quit. Either find another MT company that is better or get out altogether. Actually I doubt if there are any good companies out there; buy maybe one that is tolerable. Let them send their work to India with 100% no blank and see how that flies!

I "quit" for 1 week last year .... - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
Couldn't find a better place to work so went back. The entire time I was off, no one called or emailed me to see where I was. Go figure.

Regarding your post, I haven't been at 100% for 2 years, no bonuses either,and I've never received 1 email or phone call threatening me with termination.

Wish they would - I could use a vacation.

Similar Messages:

At The End Of My Rope
Aug 08, 2010

I am just sooo depressed and under stress that I can no longer stand it. Backtrack to a year ago, moved into an apartment that I absolutely fell in love with and here in South Florida (Miami area), was "affordable" at $800 a month, but having to pay utilities. (I basically had an enlongated card table and a desk chair and a 19" TV, which was a gift in my living room, queen sized bed and no dresser when I moved in. At that time, I was working for a wonderful MTSO -- no VR, straight typing and wa ...

I Am At The End Of My Rope.
Oct 04, 2014

I am so at the end of my rope because of the horrendous quality of the ASR. As I have said before, and really want to voice to everyone higher up than me, IT should be ashamed of their work. What the heck? After years of work, I am correcting the same things over and over and over. And, it is not because of the transcriptionists' editing based on what I see when I look up patient reports, which they claim is the problem. My blood is now boiling every day as I work. I (we) shou ...

At The End Of My Rope….
Aug 15, 2012

Just venting……..I am so bummed.  I was doing so well a couple of years ago.  I was working as a Radiology Transcriptionist for six years for a very, very large radiology facility, two days in the office and the rest of the week from home in the evenings.  Then they went to VR, but kept me on because the some of the docs were not complying with VR so those reports had to be typed and in addition I was doing editing.  I was making good money and was able to put aw ...

Oracle. End Of My Rope. Huge New Account, 70 MTs?
Oct 21, 2010

Anyone else one of the new hires?  Are you on the new huge account?  I've been twiddling my thumbs now.  Guess I need to apply elsewhere.  I had been told before it was a good company, but I need to be actually typing. That really is a lot of MTs to hire and then not have the new account begin.  I read, below, someone said it keeps being delayed. ...

End Of My Rope. Hate My Job, Hate What Has Become
Feb 18, 2014

of the medical field in general. What happened to all the American doctors? Has it become so blasted easy for foreigners to come over and get a job as a doctor or are Americans so damn-ass lazy that they don't want to get the education? Or is to so blasted expensive that no one can afford to become a doctor unless you are a foreign student? So freaking sick and tired of all these foreign dictators who speak so fast and sloppy. What the heck is going to become of our health care when we can& ...