A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ipswitch is a HUGE JOKE - Thanks Amy!

Posted: Apr 24, 2013

I can't get to anything but the first page of my inbox.  Oops, now can't even get that. Maybe I'll sit here and work on my Quality essay.

same here - would love to check my email

[ In Reply To ..]
We are in that "handful" of people still having issues that she was talking about.

I think she had it backwards. - Silly Amy!

[ In Reply To ..]
Good thing a mistake on her part doesn't cost her any of her salary! Whew!

You're right! Takes forever to log in. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
Then, many times, when I try to send a message or reply to a message, it won't do it!

I put Thunderbird on my work computer, and that downloads the email quickly and sends my emails quickly. Google Mozilla Thunderbird if you want the program (free) and set up passwords, etc., as instructed in the Windows Live instructions we received (should be available on MM Central).

I don't always want to go to my work computer to check for email, and sometimes I'm not at home and want to check if my TSM approved my makeup time so I know if I have to go home to work. Of course, though, my TSM has not answered this week's makeup time email I sent. I really wonder what the TSM does all day. Back when we had a CCM, my CCM was always timely in answering the emails, and that was when they had to service the hospitals too! My CCM went to the client service aspect when they split up CCM into client and TSM, so I got a new TSM.

Maybe we should flood Remedy with tickets. LOL - will not do any good

[ In Reply To ..]
We'll either get an email the next day with issue resolved and nothing has been changed, or we'll get an email or a call letting us know it is something wrong with us and not their program.

They are not very good at reinventing the wheel and I wish they would break down and spend the money to get good software ----- LIKE software that can COUNT EVERYTHING. It's lie that they can't count headers. Sylcount can do it, and the document, at one point, is an rtf doc and Word doc, both of which Sylcount can fully count.

Have you tried cleaning out your inbox? Mine use - to do the same thing until I

[ In Reply To ..]
started deleting messages on a regular basis or organizing them into folders. If you have more than 250 messages in your inbox, it clogs it up and you cant get past the first page let alone the 3rd, 4th, 5th etc.

Once I started deleting emails and adding important ones to folders and kept it below 250 I stopped having problems with it. Even the Windows Live works better now. Before the Windows Live would always freeze up and take forever to log on, then I logged into IP Switch and cleaned out my box and both have worked perfectly ever since.

It's also riddled with spyware! I hate it!! - PC2slow4me

[ In Reply To ..]

How can you tell there is spyware? Its generic web-based - email system. How can you tell there is spyware?

[ In Reply To ..]

Unless you use it for personal email, there is nothing to spy on. - I get maybe 2 emails per day, sometimes none.

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes supervisor sends regular updates, sometimes she does'nt. QC coach may send stuff regarding changes to accounts, but even she does not email much.

wow, my QC sends multiple every day - do this, no this, no that, i mean this

[ In Reply To ..]
so and so wants this, dont forget this, you didnt do that...
The team I use to work on was like that, lots of emails - but not this one. Hardly ever hear anything.
[ In Reply To ..]
old CCM sent out status emails all the time and QC coach was always sending notes out about stuff pretaining to our accounts, but this team not so much.
Use this to your advantage. If you mess up, say you were looking - for the email with the instructions but
[ In Reply To ..]
you couldnt find it. Use the fact you get +++ emails to explain anything the accuse you of or blame you for. "Oh yea, I thought I saw that email but when I tried to find it to verify what I should do, I couldnt find the darn thing."
If it's not in the CP, too bad. I refuse to sift through emails. - dnr
[ In Reply To ..]
And, I'm not going to keep a binder full of the idiosyncrasies and hope that I remember there is something special to remember.

There have been times when an email has been sent with such information and I have noted that it needs to be in the CP. Ridiculously, it has taken quite a bit of convincing. Heck, if is outside of my usual accounts, how an I supposed to know about the contents of an obscure email not sent to my group. Plus, these days I'm lucky to get a shift of familiar accounts.
I didnt say to actuallyu read the emails. Just use the +++ - emails being sent to your advantage. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
If they complain you are too slow, blame it on trying to - locate emails. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

When I get buildup of email, I cant go past 1st page too. - Clear out your inbox and delete any SM

[ In Reply To ..]
you dont need, like the cheerleader emails from Princess Amy. Go over to the left where it says New Folder and make some new folders. Like General, special instructions, Fluency issues, job issues, pay issues, and my fave, useless emails, for those one that you are afraid to dump but that really as useless.

Keep the number of emails down in your inbox and you will be able to see all the pages.

I called helpdesk about it and he said - no work

[ In Reply To ..]
that no one else had a problem with Ipswitch. We checked my internet speeds and they were beyond fast. On the phone with him over a half hour and he told me to call my internet service provider and see what they have to say. Well.... I don't have a problem with anything but the company email!

Nice to know it's not just me...

Of course it is not just you. It is NEVER just you. The 1st pg in the - book of excuses they are given SM

[ In Reply To ..]
is "it's just you, nobody else is having a problem." When you hear that, you know many, many are having the same problem.

Has anyone been able to get in? - still down here nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Having problems again. - no work

[ In Reply To ..]
Can't send email, can't open emails, can't log out. Guess I'll call helpdesk again and sit on the phone with them and collect some downtime/support pay. I have NO JOBS AVAILABLE anyway...

Similar Messages:

Is Ipswitch Down For Anyone Else, Or Is It Just Me?
Jan 22, 2013

x ...

Ipswitch...
Oct 08, 2013

Anyone else having trouble getting into Ipswitch this morning? ...

Ipswitch
Dec 04, 2014

weirder than usual?  I can't get past page 1 & I delete the junk messages often, so I don't think that's it.  TIA ...

IPswitch Email Down For Anyone Else?
Jan 30, 2013

x ...

Ipswitch Mail
Mar 30, 2013

I'm getting invalid name and password. But I can get into all the other programs. Anyone else? ...

Ipswitch Trouble
Jun 09, 2013

Ipswitch won't send email, just gets stuck in the sending mode.  No error messages, nothing.  Just that circle going around and around. Tech support asked me to send an email to myself while on the phone with him.  I did that, and it worked instantly.  I tried it again after I hung up, and it wouldn't work.  The same thing now. This is so frustrating.  Any advice would really be appreciated...Thanks!! ...

If You're Using Ipswitch Email
Oct 23, 2013

Click Preferences on the left and make sure your email address says what you think it does (should end in mmodal.com).  If it doesn't, it's the reason you don't hear back from your TSM.  You can correct it and then click Save to fix the problem. ...

Is Anyone Able To Get Into Ipswitch Mail?
Oct 17, 2014

x ...

Ipswitch Email Problem
Oct 02, 2012

I am not able to get past the first page of my email messages.  When I move the thing below the page to page 2, 3, etc., it just sits there and never goes there.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks! ...

Am I The Only One Whose Ipswitch Mail Is Completely Down?
Mar 13, 2013

x ...

New/Different Ipswitch Mail Problem
Mar 18, 2013

you'd seen it all!  Now, if I even make it into the crapola system, I can't get past the first page.  I can't put a page # in the Go To box, I can't move to the next page by the arrow.  I can't look at my sent box or anything but the first page of the in-box. Just curious if that had happened to anyone else and if so, what did you do about it. TIA! ...

Ipswitch Email Sign On
Apr 02, 2013

My computer went down and has wiped out my sign ons...I had written all of them down but the Ipswitch and wonder if someone would be kind enough to tell me what we are supposed to use in the User ID field?  Thanks so much! ...

Ipswitch Mail Not Sending
Jul 31, 2013

is anyone else's mail not sending, it just keeps working on it? I have also noticed that I have not received any email from tsm or qa lead in weeks, which is highly unusual. (west region) anyone else? ...

MM Ipswitch Web Mail - Anybody Else Notice This?
Nov 08, 2013

I look at my web mail today, and there is a new folder named Jeremy which has 2 messages in it. Of course I did not open the messages as they look suspicious - something about DocQSign. Someone having direct entry into my email??? ...

My Ipswitch Email Is Down. What Is With All The Technical Problems Lately?!
Feb 06, 2013

x ...

Can Someone Please Post Link To Ipswitch Login?
Apr 12, 2013

My MModal computer died and waiting on them to send another one. My link to ipswitch was on the desktop of the MModal computer so I can't get into my email now. Could someone post the link for me please? TIA ...

HUGE Laughs......SM
Jan 29, 2013

I'm in an HIT program after doing transcription for about 5 years and deciding that I'm tired of being a wandering sheep, and I just read the first chapter in one of my textbooks, which says that "speech recognition software is 95% to 99% accurate."  I'll be pointing out in my class that that is a grievous error. ...

A Huge Eye Opener
Dec 08, 2013

I had a HUGE eye opener yesterday.  We are not the only ones who are being replaced by software, it is happening in every single industry - I read a big article yesterday announcing this "really cool" (the article's opinion, not mine) new way to place an order at Chili's - on an iPad type tablet that is brought to your table when you are seated - point and click.  Then your order goes directly to the kitchen electronically and your dinner is brought to you by a staff member w ...

Is This A Joke Or What ?
Feb 16, 2010

I received an email the other day and it read "I was wondering if you would be interested in typing for a neurosurgeon" with a copy of my resume posted on the bottom.  My reply back was "I would need the specifics, the company you are affiliated with, etc - I do have 17 plus years experience with neurology so it is probably something I would be interested in, but send more info, and then I will forward my phone number if necessary."  The reply back from the unknown sender was "I have m ...

MT Job A Joke
Apr 29, 2010

Does your spouse or significant other consider your job to be a joke, especially now that we have seen so many changes in the industry?  I feel that my husband views my job this way.    ...

What A Joke!
Apr 05, 2011

I was offered to test for a company at 0.05 line without spaces based on 43-character line.  This was an IC position.  I guess after taxes, I would be paying the company to work! ...

VR Is A Joke.
Jul 19, 2012

I work twice as many hours and make half the pay, at best.  I don't understand why they would cut our pay for VR when in reality it takes longer when you have to deal with editing and formatting.  ...

TSM Is A Joke
Oct 28, 2014

First, TSM says no changes to accounts. Then without warning main account goes POOF. She then makes up excuse after excuse, blah, blah, blah. The woman can't use grammar or punctuation to save her life. Been with her a while now and she never, EVER answers the phone. She says she is making conference calls but never have I ever received a single phone call. Too bad she still has a job.  ...

7.6...what A Joke
Jan 16, 2015

7.6 is the BIGGEST JOKE they could play on us.  The ONLY good thing is the age.  Otherwise, they took away valuable info from us to help us find names or patients that the doctors with thick accents don't slow down and speak clearly for us to hear.  Plus, the dictionary?  Another big joke.  But keep up your line counts, keep up on your 99,000 POD client list, and definitely your quality! KISS MY GRITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Ok Question............My CCM Says Huge Over Time Sm
Dec 17, 2011

as we all know it is going to be totally different on 12/26..............why?  Does anyone know what is happening the 26th?  End of pay period is the 24th, 25th starts a new one so what significance does the 26th hold?  ...

That MLK Holiday Is A HUGE One... To Not Have Work
Jan 24, 2013

I guess I should plan for a week off for Valentines Day, hey? ...

Huge Account Going To EPIC
Oct 16, 2013

So, we were just informed that a huge account is being rolled out to EPIC and "assured" there would be "minimal" volume loss.  Can somebody who has been through this please give us the true facts?  I'm inclined to not want to drink the Nuance Kool-Aid. Thanks in advance. ...

As Much As I Detest The Huge Unforgiving
Jan 29, 2015

worked for, I must admit that their unrelenting and harsh criticism of my work and their 99.7% plus demand for perfection has made me a better transcriptionist. I now work for a company where I acheive 100% on nearly all audits and had the same experience at another company before this one. I just knew I was better than N or M had me made out to be. ...

Hospital Pay--is This A JOKE?
Dec 30, 2009

Okay, so halfway out of curiosity, I applied to my local hospital, which is a large regional hospital, for an MT job.  They wanted a "seasoned" MT with CMT, who transcribes 250 lines an hour.  Okay, I thought, they might actually compensate better than I think since they have well-defined high standards.  WRONG!  They are offering $11.35 AN HOUR!  What a slap in the face!  You get a whole extra dollar if you work 2nd shift.  What an insult--they just have ...

Benchmark ??? What A Joke
Apr 02, 2010

Okay this Benchmark is fine. but the time it takes to look things up, its time to move onto another report. I am not being paid enough to spend time looking through this. ...