A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is there a way to hide the huge statistics panel in 7.2?? - sm

Posted: Mar 07, 2013

It takes up most of the screen, and I don't care about any of those statistics anyway.  Just let me work without harrassing me about my stats.

Everyone complains about getting those ridiculous statistic emails, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
so they decide to also add them to our software program where we have to see them all day, every day. Gee thanks.

Statistics - MMMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I really don't need anything else to read, especially a line graft, mouse click counter, tips, etc. It's just too much for me, so I will ignore it as much as possible and focus on what I am paid for--patient's reports.

everyone complains - kittykat

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, what's that all about. So we can study them and try to do better and faster? They should have spent that time fixing the VR,it really sucks.

They have all the known glitches, like the stupid - question mark thing

[ In Reply To ..]
and they dont fix any of that, just give us our statistics, which we already get every week. We KNOW we are being watched every single stroke. Why are they doing this?
I think they are doing this - because we now work
[ In Reply To ..]
for an Indian company and we are pretty much now considered factory workers. I had a friend of mine tell me he used to work for an Indian company here in the states, and was pretty much made to feel like he could never do anything right, pretty much made to feel like garbage constantly. Never let go or replaced mind you, just always made to feel inadequate and incompetent. Hmmm. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I think also the TSMs have become tools of these people, as I never hear anything encouraging or positive from mine, just constant berating, which I just pretty much ignore anymore, like a slave who has been whipped so much she doesn't even feel the pain.

I am not trying to sound racist or whatever, because I think India has a rich and fascinating culture, but I just never dreamed I would end up as an Indian factory worker.
well stated - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Mmodal is an American company - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
This has been discussed multiple times on this board:

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Health-Care-IT/JPMorgan-Chase-Unit-Buys-MModal-Clinical-Documentation-Vendor-143759/
I was just told the other day that it was an indian company now - nme
[ In Reply To ..]
something about merger with cbay
The merger with CBAY was time before last. - MSmt
[ In Reply To ..]
JP Morgan Chase bought us last so they are the owners now.
I think you are in denial about the reality of the situation. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
So all the news stories are lying? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
If you will Google, you will see many stories describing the purchase by JPMorgan of MModal last summer.
There is a difference between a buyout and a merger - A buyout is when..
[ In Reply To ..]
one company flat out purchases another company and hence the company purchased becomes owned and operated by the company they sold to. Like Transcend is now owned and operated by Nuance.

A merger on the other hand is when two or more companies come together as one, but continue to operate independantly. In that case, no one company actually owns the other.

With that being said, when CBay merged with MedQuist, they did not buy MedQuist; they merged.

MedQuist then changed their name to MModal once it acquired MModal and CBay also assumed the MModal name, but calling themselves MModal India. As of last year, MModal was bought by JP Chase and Morgan, meaning they actually purchased MModal and now own it. MModal India is only a subsidary of MModal and their website clearly states that MModal is their parent company.
We are based in India and the US, with the India section being larger. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Only keeping a US storefront so the clients don't realize who's accessing their patients' records, SSNs, & private information...
MModal in the US is the *parent company* to - MModal india. See msg
[ In Reply To ..]
MModal India *use to be CBay* before they merged with MedQuist which is now MModal (the US company). CBay only merged with MModal the US company, CBay did not buy MModal out. If you look at their website (MModal India) it specifically says that their parent company is MModal and that they (MModal India) was formerly CBay. MModal India does not own MModal here in the United States. We are their parent company and MModal is not owned by India, it's owned by JP Chase and Morgan.

The link is below. Read MModal India's website (formerly CBay).

mmodal.com/about-us/careers/indian-opportunities/
6 of one, half a dozen of the other. All our work is going to India. - We are secondary. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
So who cares about the truth? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
That's what you're saying. It's like a doctor saying "6 of one, half a dozen of the other" about whether a patient has cancer and deciding not to treat it.
LOL, pretty big leap there... - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
To say a lot of work goes overseas is one thing, but - to say MM is owned by Indians is another.
[ In Reply To ..]
Its just not the truth period. Read, there is tons of info right at your fingertips, use your keyboard and google.
anon is right, it does sound like ur saying "So, who - cares about the truth."
[ In Reply To ..]
If its staring you right in the face and yet you still choose to believe otherwise, it is like you are saying "so what, this is what I say." Whether its true or not. And call me naive, but I dont understand your 6 in one, half a dozen comparison...you lost me with that.
Why are we losing work? India. Bottom line. The rest are technicalities. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Losing work to India is industry wide, but that does not - make the industry owned by India.
[ In Reply To ..]
OMG yes, the industry is owned by India - get your facts straight
[ In Reply To ..]
Why not educate yourself and find out exactly how many of the companies are India owned and exactly how much work is shifted before you make statements like that.
She's in denial & she loves to fight. This happens every single time. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know if it makes her feel better to pretend we work for an all-American company & that the India thing isn't an issue or what. Since Cbay got involved, this company's goal is to send as much work as possible to India, period. That's all that matters. If they could completely do away with us & just have a store front with a couple of people in the US, they'd jump on it IMHO. Our higher ups are Indian. The majority of our work is in India. JP Morgan/Chase has big holdings in India long before they got involved with us. I don't know what she's getting at. Yes, we all know that technically our main holder is JP Morgan right now. So what? That's supposed to be a good thing? Because it's not going so great in case she hasn't noticed. I won't reply to her anymore. She's one of the ones who thoroughly enjoys an argument & will keep it going indefinitely.
Not at all ... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The point is the truth is important, particularly in a discipline, like medicine, that is based on science. And if you are shown to be wrong, you do not dismiss it with a meaningless expression like "6 of one, half a dozen of the other" or "it's all semantics." That's just trying to slip and slide away. Further, it is a bit hard for MT's to expect to be taken seriously by management if while insisting how highly trained and knowledgeable they are, at the same time they continually show otherwise.
HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS? Where is your PROOF? - Seriously.
[ In Reply To ..]
It's all on Mmodal's website. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Really? Where? There is more than one MModal website. - Please post and explain where on
[ In Reply To ..]
MModal's website does it say they are owned by India. And Im talking about the US website, not the subsidary Indian website.
There is a person on here who is - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
so shattered by the thought of working for an Indian company, she argues this point every time Mmodal and India are mentioned in the same sentence... JP Morgan! JP Morgan! JP Morgan! Yes, we all know. The current temporary name on the stocks doesn't change what is actually happening within the company as far as India and our work is concerned though. JP Morgan is a technicality. India is the reality.
Can I get a little logic to go with that post? Something - to back up your statement?
[ In Reply To ..]
Search the archives. Happens every time. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
z
I was actually asking for 'FACTS' and 'LINKS' some proof - that MM is Indian owned...
[ In Reply To ..]
in other words, something to support your claims that mmodal is not owned by JP Chase and Morgan. Something to validate why you believe it is Indian owned. Thats the answer I was looking for.
Nowhere in the post you replied to does it say anything about being Indian "owned". - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
and who ownes JP Morgan??? - answer that
[ In Reply To ..]
JP MORGAN - outahere
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, J P Morgan One Equity invested in MModal, but MModal is an India owned company. One Equity is supplying the cash for "growth."

I hated it at first too, but after having it for over a month - I am used to it now and just ignore it.NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It kind of encourages me - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If I see my line count slipping, it kind of encourages me to get busy.

AGREE 100% Having my stats visible without having - to do F9 will keep me on

[ In Reply To ..]
my toes. Being able to see my average without having to hit F9 and do the math is good for my productivity and the better my production, the better my pay check. I actually like having it visible.

I get angry if I pay attention to the statistics data & tips. - nothing to do with quality.

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a reason why my statistics fluctuate, and it has everything to do with the ASR quality and amount of formatting for that particular facility/work type. I am so tired of paying for the incompetence of the VR ITs. They have had years from the time that they claimed it was great to get it right. It is not one iota better than it was several years ago.

You are right about that - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
VR is not one bit better than when it first started. I'd be embarrassed to be a VR IT for MModal.

Similar Messages:

You Can Run, But You Can't Hide
Aug 15, 2012

The company I fled to 3 years ago to escape MedQuist has just purchased our MTSO.  Lovely, back to the cesspool.  If it weren't for bad luck . . . ...

Isn't There An Add-on In Firefox To Hide All These Ads?
Oct 27, 2009

This site is covered in ads everywhere now, and it's getting annoying... I thought I remembered someone saying Firefox has a way to hide ads?  ...

Welkigen Panel (nm)
Nov 11, 2009

. ...

Food Panel
Apr 13, 2011

s/l doc is saying spoo panel or SPU panel or could be food panel if he is just pronouncing it wrong.   "spoo" panel, gluten, lactose intolerance will be checked, and stool O&P.     Any ideas?  Thanks!   ...

HIT Panel Archer?
Dec 06, 2011

Positive HIT panel status post (sounds like) "an archer ban"  ??  currently now on anticoagulation. ...

S/l Whack Panel
Mar 23, 2012

Doing serologies, including ANA, rheumatoid factor, CCP, and s/l Whack panel. ...

Chemistry Panel Question
Dec 24, 2009

Sounds like sodium 136, potassium 4.5, chloride 97 and "CNO" of 28.  He later says CO2, so I don't guess it is that.  Please help. ...

Cholesterol Panel Levels
Aug 31, 2011

In all my years as a medical transcriptionist, I have never seen levels as low as these.  I went back and listened several times and I still can't believe what I'm hearing.  Have any of you every heard of levels this low: Cholesterol was 90, triglycerides 103.  HDL 6, LDL of 64. ...

: Autolomatous" Panel
Jul 15, 2012

Patient seen for bruising and previously had platelet functions, coags, and "autolomatous" panel. ??? Thanks. ...

Help Dictaphone ESP Control Panel Wont Pop Up
May 15, 2011

I have been using Dictaphone's ESP Expansion Program for over 3 years now in Word and all of a sudden the other day, when I click on Control/Control to open the ESP Control Panel, nothing.....Then I went to Tools and clicked on ESP Control Panel and nothing.....I cant access it.  My ESP personal files are huge and I have saved them in many safe places so Im not worried about losing them but I cant add, delete, or edit any of my thousands of expansion files.  ALso, the esps work when I typ ...

QA Feedback Playback Control Panel Problems???
Jul 24, 2012

Is anyone having else having problems with the QA feedback playback control panel?? ?  Since around the end of June, my playback control panel is no longer stationary or fixed to the bottom of the window so that I could use it easily to playback, start and stop audio to listen to corrections.  It now is fixed to the bottom of the text and scrolls out of view if I'm at the top of the report.  Also list of corrections on the right also is no longer fixed to the screen and scrol ...

ASR Statistics - I Don't Get It.
Jul 16, 2012

I don't understand the difference between (statistics for production including inactive time) "Your Gross/Active Lines Per Hour" and "M*Modal Average Gross/Active Lines Per Hour". The counts are different with the "M Modal" lines being less. Then there is (statistics without inactive time, ie what they think you should be producing) "Your Net/Keyboard Lines Per Hour" (-inactive time) and "M*Modal Average Net/Keyboard Lines Per Hour". The counts are different with the M Modal count be ...

OK, I Checked My Statistics For
Mar 04, 2010

1-1/2 days of work.  Out of 50 reports I sent 4 to QA (none of which were able to be filled in by QA). The reports I sent to QA totaled over 200 lines!  I did the calculations (lines done divided by lines sent to QA x 100) and I came in over 10%. It is a no-brainer...MQ says they trust me to make the decision to send blanks to QA or the customer, so I will no longer be sending many reports (especially the long ones) to QA once this process is put in place.  I was a ...

DEP MT's And ASR Productivity Statistics
Nov 11, 2011

Does anyone get emails weekly or every other week with their statistics for DEP and ASR?  I've been getting these and it includes suggestions to get more productivity such as, using left/right arrows, ctrl+shift+left, etc.  It also give me total gross AST activity length, length of time an ASR job is open, length of time spent making changes to an ASR, total inactivity length.  I don't know what to think about this, except that they want more work out of me. ...

Production Statistics
Jun 21, 2012

Here's what I think is the reason for the production statistics and what I think is going to happen this summer.  I believe that MM will say they are reducing ASR pay to 4 cpl across the board and that we can all increase production by following the recommendations in their emails.  I hope I'm wrong but if this happens and I get 2/3 of what I am making now, they will get 2/3 of the editing I am doing now until they figure it out and fire me.  ...

Daily Statistics
Jan 29, 2015

Wondering how 1 job sent to QA because of dictator being a mush mouth can equate to 9%.  Doesn't make sense to me.  ...

Job Typed, But Not On Statistics Detail Log Which
Jun 28, 2010

means I typed a job, but someone else got the credit for it.  Im new to MQ and I dont know what I did to have this happen.  I sure dont want it to happen again.  Has this happened to anyone else?  When IT researched the jobs it said it had been "discarded." ...

Interesting Statistics Regarding ESL Physicians
May 08, 2011

If you think you are getting more and more ESL dictators, you are probably right.  According to a public website, there were 2130 Visa petitions/applications and 748 Green Card petitions/applications for PHYSICIANS for the year 2010 alone.  That does not include all the ESL physicians that came into the United States over the previous years.  Yes, some applications were denied, but why do these hospitals feel they need that many foreign physicians to begin with.  If you are ...

ASR Productivity Statistics Rant
Oct 25, 2011

Regarding ASR productivity statistics, measured in ines and hours.  If the goal is to minimize the difference between gross and net LPH by decreasing inactivity length, then instruct all dictators to stop eating, talking to others, pausing, etc when dictating, and stop telling me to limit my time spent researching in one instance and then in another I'm being told to use the multiple resources available--you can't have it both ways! Regarding total mouse clicks:  Get real!&n ...

ASR Proficiency Statistics - So Much Wrong With This!
Nov 16, 2012

I scored low in everything - key strokes, playback speed, editing while audio is playing, etc. Everything they advise plays havoc with accuracy!!!! If I did what they advise me to, I would flunk an audit so bad. I might as well just read the document and edit what looks wrong. Nevermind that reading the document won't do any good because ASR leaves out text, adds text, puts in wrong numbers in the labs, etc. ...

With All The Statistics MMmodal Likes To Keep On Us,
Feb 11, 2013

I would like to know how much time per week total I spend waiting for another job to download after uploading my last one.  Come on guys, watchu afraid of? ...

Fluency's Statistics Inaccurate
May 22, 2013

I've noticed for about a month now that when I compare the number of jobs I've done per day on my daily log sheet to Fluency's, it doesn't match. There are usually one or two, sometimes three jobs fewer than what I've actually done. I figure I'll only get minimum wage anyway, so I haven't reported it, but I would like credit for what I do. I wonder if there's a way someone else can be syphoning off my completed work and getting credit for it. ...

HUGE Laughs......SM
Jan 29, 2013

I'm in an HIT program after doing transcription for about 5 years and deciding that I'm tired of being a wandering sheep, and I just read the first chapter in one of my textbooks, which says that "speech recognition software is 95% to 99% accurate."  I'll be pointing out in my class that that is a grievous error. ...

A Huge Eye Opener
Dec 08, 2013

I had a HUGE eye opener yesterday.  We are not the only ones who are being replaced by software, it is happening in every single industry - I read a big article yesterday announcing this "really cool" (the article's opinion, not mine) new way to place an order at Chili's - on an iPad type tablet that is brought to your table when you are seated - point and click.  Then your order goes directly to the kitchen electronically and your dinner is brought to you by a staff member w ...

Weekly Emails Detailing ASR Statistics.....
Nov 05, 2010

How about giving me some straight typing and compare that productivity rate to the ASR productivity rate????? But they can't take the truth! I'm sure my productivity rate will be low ..... and then they will tell me how to improve my ASR production! ..... I doubt it. I already use the short cuts. Nothing will help with reports needing multiple corrections per line. Sure, I can Ctl M to supposedly get me to the place I need, but that never brings me to the exact spot, so I have to ...

I Wish They Wouldn't Send Productivity Statistics...
May 03, 2012

It just ticks me off and makes me feel stalked.  I find it extremely negative and not helpful at all. ...

Got My ASR Production/inactive Time Statistics ;)
Jul 10, 2012

Of course I'm over the "target". Hmm.... they us answering the phone, searching the internet and walking away from the work station. One huge cause of inactive time they are conspicuously leaving out is taking the time to read client profiles! - Especially when I am getting many jobs outside of my usual BOB. I'm happy to do a good job - follow the CP, make sure I have the right drug and dosage because the doctor can't pronounce the drug well enough, find the correct name of a s ...

Noticed Anything Strange About The Productivity Statistics?
Oct 10, 2012

My latest one says I had only 2.3% inactive time.  I'm like, yeah, right. ...

Boy, According To Ongoing Statistics, Every Time A Get A Straight
Mar 08, 2013

typing job, my line count shoots up, and then, the longer I do ASR, the count progressively drops lower and lower. Very aggravating to have to do this horrible ASR we are given. Too many corrections! Too much time to format! Feeling so poor (money) and aggravated, but I start paralegal training next week! Only need this job 11 months (or maybe less as some people find jobs before they finish training!) ...

Bureau Of Labor Statistics Job Outlook For MT
Mar 20, 2013

From the BLS website: Job Outlook Medical TranscriptionistsPercent change in employment, projected 2010-20Other Healthcare Support Occupations - 25%  Total, All Occupations - 14%  Medical Transcriptionists - 6%  Employment of medical transcriptionists is expected to grow 6 percent from 2010 to 2020, slower than the average for all occupations. The volume of healthcare services is expected to continue to increase, resulting in a growing number of medical tests and procedures, all ...