A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Huge account going to EPIC - scared

Posted: Oct 16, 2013

So, we were just informed that a huge account is being rolled out to EPIC and "assured" there would be "minimal" volume loss.  Can somebody who has been through this please give us the true facts?  I'm inclined to not want to drink the Nuance Kool-Aid. Thanks in advance.

Question - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Just wondering if this is a Nuance account going to Epic? I don't know a thing about Epic. Sorry but was just wondering what type of account it was?

Answer - Scared

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, it is a Nuance account that starts with a W.

Another question - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
What type of account was it? I wish I had encouraging words but I don't. Like I said I am not familiar with Epic so I can't help you there. Just wondering what type of account it was? Hospital or clinic?

This company will come back to bite you on your keister - Alianne

[ In Reply To ..]
When Nuance was losing an account, A TSM told me that she had to keep quiet and sit on it for 2 weeks even though she knew that MLSs that had worked on the account for 15 years were losing their job. Nuance, they play you and then throw you away. Lots of pain and never any gain.

My experience with Epic - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been on 2 accounts that went to Epic. The first had about 50% reduction in the need for MTs, and many times they will dictate for instance Medications: Insert from Epic. So there is a significant volume loss with those type of things plus the pull down auto menus that some physicians use.

Then a 2nd huge account I was on went to Epic and there are only 2 MTs left to occasionally do whatever scraps may appear (everyone now has other accounts, very rare work here)

Scary - Beps

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess the future holds a medical receptionist job - not that there's anything wrong with that - but I won't get paid nearly what I get paid being a transcriptionist. Frustrating!!!!!

Experience with accounts lost to Epic - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was on 2 large cardiology clinic accounts for 3 years. Like you, we were assured that when our accounts switched to Epic we would still have some work. Ha! It was like turning off a water faucet. One day we were busting our behinds to "help" the clinics be ready for the switch, the next day nothing but an empty queue. We had one lone Indian dictator for a year. I assume the computer had difficulty with his accent. After a year, he is gone now, too.

Don't believe them!! Epic spells the end of your work.....once they use you to "get ready."

JMO

depends on how many docs actually enter their own notes - out of Nuance control

[ In Reply To ..]
If docs are forced to do it by the facility, volumes will drop. If given a choice, could go either way. All depends on how many docs use it. Facilities where they are forced to use it is where you start to see the scribe positions pop up. Docs don't want to entier their own data -- takes too much time, they think it's beneath them, and it's just a lawsuit waiting to happen because of their lousy quality.

My employer uses Nuance for overflow - And we are moving to Epic

[ In Reply To ..]
A small part of our organization has gone live but there was a 40% drop in transcription. We outsource 50% or more to Nuance. The plan/hope by TPTB is that we will bring 100% in house with the reduction and not use an outside service at all. The majority of my organization goes on Epic at the end of the year. That will be the real live or die moment.

So it is very possible that the work will drop off to nothing. Sorry about that.

Was this account clinic or hospital?? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Just wondering if this was a hospital or clinic account?

EPIC - Fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
Epic replaced all the MTs at Kaiser nationwide... It is a very expensive EMR system, it also is able to handle some coding too I believe, not positive on that one.... that is how big it is. The staff types the reports themselves. Probably a few consults which they outsource, but the majority of it is done by the staff with templates, etc. Former Kaiser emp

Similar Messages:

Huge Account Going To Epic In The East Tomorrow
Jan 31, 2014

20 MTs are being moved elsewhere.   ...

MTSO Lost Huge Account
Jul 17, 2010

Small to medium-sized company lost a very large long-term client.  Naturally, the MTs are to blame.  Reason given was the work was out of turn around on weekends and MTs did not meet their commitments.  I can't say what percentage of MTs did not meet their commitments.  I do know that I always have.  I also know that I have kept an accurate log of the work on this very large account and 75 to 90% of the time the work runs out on Sunday, with no work available on Mon ...

Oracle. End Of My Rope. Huge New Account, 70 MTs?
Oct 21, 2010

Anyone else one of the new hires?  Are you on the new huge account?  I've been twiddling my thumbs now.  Guess I need to apply elsewhere.  I had been told before it was a good company, but I need to be actually typing. That really is a lot of MTs to hire and then not have the new account begin.  I read, below, someone said it keeps being delayed. ...

Can We Get Some Experienced Opinions On OTI's Huge Account?
Feb 08, 2011

Would really appreciate input from anyone who works on this account. ...

Nuance Just Lost Huge Account
Sep 04, 2012

Just got email that stated that one of Nuance largest accounts has left them for another "vendor"  They will be slowly removing them from pool and putting everybody elsewhere so they say ...

Brand New HUGE Account Coming (BR). If We Can't Keep Up With What
Jun 10, 2015

we have now and they keep requesting OT, how is this supposed to work!?! ...

Well, It Happened. Nuance Loses A Huge Account To....
Sep 11, 2013

NUANCE!  Yes, that's right.  The account I have had for 5 + years has now gone with Dragon EHR according to email from TSM today. How do you like them apples? ...

Anyone In North Who Lost Their Huge Account Last Week With No Explanation?
Apr 19, 2010

nm ...

Any Idea Which North Account Is Going Epic?
Apr 11, 2012

need the heads up please!!!! ...

Just Heard EPIC Is Now Being Trained At My Main Account
Aug 16, 2010

Does not surprise me.. the Canned reports featured in EPIC I am sure will take over to completely do away transcriptionists.  Clearly healthcare is okay with homogenous reports that really are not particular to the patient, just trying to stay within the slimmest margin of the law.  It's like legal liability insurance...the bare minimum required. ...

Just Read Epic Is Taking Over Mayo Clinic Account-sm
Jan 22, 2015

What company has that?  Didn't they just recently outsource in the first place?   ...

Does Anyone Who Works On Epic Find That Once A Facility Goes To Epic You Have Some Work Left To
Sep 05, 2012

continue to do.  ...

Regarding Epic System. How Will The EMRs Do Regarding OR Reports. Will That Go To Epic Or Will The
Dec 20, 2011

speech or straight transcription.  Just wondering about that and DS, Consults, etc. ...

As Far As Epic Goes, What Will Happen To OR Reports On Epic. Will
Aug 02, 2012

that also do away with MTs doing OR reports which is about all I really do. ...

Do Some Of The Hospitals That Use DQS Also Use Epic Or Will Epic Replace
Aug 08, 2012

DQS completely and the hospital will drop MQ.  Just curious about that.  It seems Epic is the way to go and was not sure if that can be interspersed with DQS or eliminate MQ altogether with DQS.  ...

HUGE Laughs......SM
Jan 29, 2013

I'm in an HIT program after doing transcription for about 5 years and deciding that I'm tired of being a wandering sheep, and I just read the first chapter in one of my textbooks, which says that "speech recognition software is 95% to 99% accurate."  I'll be pointing out in my class that that is a grievous error. ...

A Huge Eye Opener
Dec 08, 2013

I had a HUGE eye opener yesterday.  We are not the only ones who are being replaced by software, it is happening in every single industry - I read a big article yesterday announcing this "really cool" (the article's opinion, not mine) new way to place an order at Chili's - on an iPad type tablet that is brought to your table when you are seated - point and click.  Then your order goes directly to the kitchen electronically and your dinner is brought to you by a staff member w ...

Ok Question............My CCM Says Huge Over Time Sm
Dec 17, 2011

as we all know it is going to be totally different on 12/26..............why?  Does anyone know what is happening the 26th?  End of pay period is the 24th, 25th starts a new one so what significance does the 26th hold?  ...

That MLK Holiday Is A HUGE One... To Not Have Work
Jan 24, 2013

I guess I should plan for a week off for Valentines Day, hey? ...

Ipswitch Is A HUGE JOKE
Apr 24, 2013

I can't get to anything but the first page of my inbox.  Oops, now can't even get that. Maybe I'll sit here and work on my Quality essay. ...

As Much As I Detest The Huge Unforgiving
Jan 29, 2015

worked for, I must admit that their unrelenting and harsh criticism of my work and their 99.7% plus demand for perfection has made me a better transcriptionist. I now work for a company where I acheive 100% on nearly all audits and had the same experience at another company before this one. I just knew I was better than N or M had me made out to be. ...

Huge Numbers Of MTs Have Recently Hit Retirement Age
May 18, 2010

I've heard for maybe 10 years now that right now, 2010, is when vast numbers of MTs were supposed to hit retirement age and quit work. What is retirement age? I don't want to retire, but when does a person really need to retire even if they don't want to? ...

Medquist Awarded A Huge Contract.
Aug 26, 2010

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-awarded-contract-with-child-health-corporation-of-america-101383704.html   It does say hospital is outsourcing, so does that mean India? In the latest example of its support for providers nationwide, MedQuist recently signed an agreement with Child Health Corporation of America (CHCA) for clinical documentation and computer-assisted coding technology and outsourced medical transcription and coding services.  MedQuist will implemen ...

Is There A Way To Hide The Huge Statistics Panel In 7.2??
Mar 07, 2013

It takes up most of the screen, and I don't care about any of those statistics anyway.  Just let me work without harrassing me about my stats. ...

Why Fire For Not Meeting Production When Getting Huge
Jan 07, 2014

workflow changes due to a large account being lost (wasn't my primary).  Wondered why all of a sudden I was off my primary and getting mostly this account.  Of course, they didn't know it was leaving until it disappeared.  I'd probably have a heart attack if I every heard the truth.  Never know what hospital is going to show up in the queve, more longer transcription jobs, ASR jobs that have to be typed because the ASR does not match up, some horrible dict ...

Help, I Accidentally Turned On The Huge ADT Box At The Top Of The Report And Don't Remember How
May 31, 2011

off.  Thx. ...

Huge Drop In Work At Landmark Transcription
Mar 01, 2014

I've had a huge drop in work at Landmark for the past 3 months.  I've been there for 3 years working on the same account the entire time.  I've looked at my paychecks during these same exact months for the past years and I had much bigger paychecks, meaning much more work.  Here it is a weekend and I had hardly any work yesterday and so far no work today and this account always had work.  It's been this way for almost 4 months.  Anyone work on the big account that starts ...

Employee Vs IC - U.S. Labor And Treasury Regulators Announced A Huge New
Apr 28, 2010

I just got an Email from BLR (Business and Legal Resources).  They provide information to Human Resources Departments to make sure they are following federal and state laws.  One of their upcoming Webinars is regarding “Employee versus Independent Contractor.”  Too bad I cannot afford it ($219).  I would really be interested in what they have to say since Employee versus Independent Contractor has been a hot topic on this Board, and from the responses, there are ...

My Hands Are So Sore From The Huge Number Of Corrections I Am Making
Jun 02, 2013

Any suggestions to ease the pain - like a better way to delete? This is just too ridiculous. ...

I Am So Sick Of Bouncing Around From Account To Account
Nov 07, 2012

What a flippin joke. Didnt Amy say she was going to keep us in 1 account????   OMG, I have done evey account in my BOB this morning as well as some other Bob. I cant keep my head on straight anymore. It is spinning like a top. My production is down to minimum and I am at risk of being fired for not meeting production because some idiot decides to open the cesspool!   GO CCMs! GET YOUR 100% TAT... SCREW THE REST OF US. ...