A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Huge account going to Epic in the East tomorrow - sm

Posted: Jan 31, 2014

20 MTs are being moved elsewhere.  

Hopefully not the west, we have no work - anontoo

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry about the loss of accounts, but it sounds like the east needs help so I hope they stay in their region. The LAST thing the west needs is 20 extra people.

WORK GONE - Nature

[ In Reply To ..]
I noticed yesterday and today that there has been no work on one of my accounts that I have worked on for over 13 years. I am not sure if we are North or East, but it was North a few months ago, but noticed supervisor called it East this last week.

There are only 2 regions now ... one with no work and one with work - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Otherwise known as the western region and the eastern region.

There is no longer any "northern" or "southern" region.
maybe not but if you look - at Fluency
[ In Reply To ..]
it still shows South, West and North service regions, and I get overflow from North and South as well.
Yeah and we ALL know how quick they are about updating Fluency ... - rolling eyes - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
well true that - but
[ In Reply To ..]
those same accounts are still in those service areas as they have always been. Actually, is it really going to be East and West, or is it just the two people, whatever you call them, vice presidents or whatever?
It's ALREADY only east and west - there was an email from corporate
[ In Reply To ..]
Shaw sent out an email back in December about it. It's already done - a bunch of TSMs and QCs were let go, several regions were consolidated and the country's accounts were divided into east and west regions. It's not something that is going to be done ... it's already been done.
I know but - I mean
[ In Reply To ..]
are all the accounts in one in the west, and all the accounts in the other in the east? because mine isn't actually called East or West, they've been calling it the region, for the head person who is over it. Oh well, never mind.
Oh! Oh my gosh sorry, I get what you mean now ... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, I'm on the same page now.

YES both regions are named after the person that oversees them. I've forgotten the names but yes, they are.

If you - Know

[ In Reply To ..]
This much than you know who the account is..give more info

if you were in the BOB you would know too - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The HDSM announced it via mass email.

Then not - Any

[ In Reply To ..]
Of my accounts.

Loyalty or the Lack Thereof - Sarah

[ In Reply To ..]
It was heartbreaking to lose my account to EPIC. But more than heartbreaking, I felt it was so disloyal. I loved the account, always worked my derriere off for them. I was very loyal. We were just garbage to them evidently.

I think the problem is that we are "expecting" loyalty - in a very disloyal business

[ In Reply To ..]
It's *ALLLLL* about the money for them. It's what is going to increase their bottom line and there is absolutely NO loyalty or "emotion" in that decision.

I think part of our problem as MTs is that we expect loyalty and appreciation for what we do and we'll get that as long as we're raking in the money for the service. But when that stops, so does the appreciation.

Face it - we're becoming a liability. Stop asking for loyalty and stop asking for appreciation or anything emotional. Once we stop expecting anything from the services, it makes transitions like these much easier to handle.

Lost account to Epic 2 years ago. All going eventually - End of MT World

[ In Reply To ..]
My main account when I started with MM 8 years ago was a dream, 3 hospitals and easy work. Then account changed to Epic, including OPs. No transcription at all. I found out by reading a newspaper article about it online and hospital saying how much money they saved. MTs are soon to be obsolete. Sad.

Similar Messages:

Huge Account Going To EPIC
Oct 16, 2013

So, we were just informed that a huge account is being rolled out to EPIC and "assured" there would be "minimal" volume loss.  Can somebody who has been through this please give us the true facts?  I'm inclined to not want to drink the Nuance Kool-Aid. Thanks in advance. ...

MTSO Lost Huge Account
Jul 17, 2010

Small to medium-sized company lost a very large long-term client.  Naturally, the MTs are to blame.  Reason given was the work was out of turn around on weekends and MTs did not meet their commitments.  I can't say what percentage of MTs did not meet their commitments.  I do know that I always have.  I also know that I have kept an accurate log of the work on this very large account and 75 to 90% of the time the work runs out on Sunday, with no work available on Mon ...

Oracle. End Of My Rope. Huge New Account, 70 MTs?
Oct 21, 2010

Anyone else one of the new hires?  Are you on the new huge account?  I've been twiddling my thumbs now.  Guess I need to apply elsewhere.  I had been told before it was a good company, but I need to be actually typing. That really is a lot of MTs to hire and then not have the new account begin.  I read, below, someone said it keeps being delayed. ...

Can We Get Some Experienced Opinions On OTI's Huge Account?
Feb 08, 2011

Would really appreciate input from anyone who works on this account. ...

Nuance Just Lost Huge Account
Sep 04, 2012

Just got email that stated that one of Nuance largest accounts has left them for another "vendor"  They will be slowly removing them from pool and putting everybody elsewhere so they say ...

Brand New HUGE Account Coming (BR). If We Can't Keep Up With What
Jun 10, 2015

we have now and they keep requesting OT, how is this supposed to work!?! ...

Well, It Happened. Nuance Loses A Huge Account To....
Sep 11, 2013

NUANCE!  Yes, that's right.  The account I have had for 5 + years has now gone with Dragon EHR according to email from TSM today. How do you like them apples? ...

Anyone In North Who Lost Their Huge Account Last Week With No Explanation?
Apr 19, 2010

nm ...

Any Idea Which North Account Is Going Epic?
Apr 11, 2012

need the heads up please!!!! ...

Just Heard EPIC Is Now Being Trained At My Main Account
Aug 16, 2010

Does not surprise me.. the Canned reports featured in EPIC I am sure will take over to completely do away transcriptionists.  Clearly healthcare is okay with homogenous reports that really are not particular to the patient, just trying to stay within the slimmest margin of the law.  It's like legal liability insurance...the bare minimum required. ...

Just Read Epic Is Taking Over Mayo Clinic Account-sm
Jan 22, 2015

What company has that?  Didn't they just recently outsource in the first place?   ...

Does Anyone Who Works On Epic Find That Once A Facility Goes To Epic You Have Some Work Left To
Sep 05, 2012

continue to do.  ...

Regarding Epic System. How Will The EMRs Do Regarding OR Reports. Will That Go To Epic Or Will The
Dec 20, 2011

speech or straight transcription.  Just wondering about that and DS, Consults, etc. ...

As Far As Epic Goes, What Will Happen To OR Reports On Epic. Will
Aug 02, 2012

that also do away with MTs doing OR reports which is about all I really do. ...

Do Some Of The Hospitals That Use DQS Also Use Epic Or Will Epic Replace
Aug 08, 2012

DQS completely and the hospital will drop MQ.  Just curious about that.  It seems Epic is the way to go and was not sure if that can be interspersed with DQS or eliminate MQ altogether with DQS.  ...

East
Apr 11, 2014

How was your test?  I'm hoping it turned out easier than you thought. ...

East/West
Mar 07, 2014

I have a question. Do the TCMs still have their book of business or when we run out of work on our "old" section, are we automatically switched to another section? I work night shift and I see lots of unassigned work but never seem to get any of those. Just wondering. TIA ...

East MT And Other MM HDS2Coders, How Is The
Jan 30, 2015

program going? Are you done with the training and actually coding on the job yet? Do you know if they're going to be offering this training again? Good luck to all of you. I wish you success! ...

WHOOPEE!! NJA Old North Now East-- Anybody Else?
Mar 27, 2014

Thought perhaps things were getting a LITTLE better.  HA!  Jokes on me ...

To East MT And All Other MM Coder Trainees...
Apr 06, 2014

would you please come back here occasionally and update us on how things are going? I would love to know how this program works and how you all feel about it. I understand how posting on here you get attacked by rude people but I'm not one of them and would honestly like to hear your perspective on this program. A big thank you if you choose to keep us updated but I understand if you don't. Good luck to all of you. ...

East MT - What's Been Going On With The Coder Program Lately?
Jul 25, 2014

Do you know when you might finish and start doing coding work? Do you think they'll offer the program again? Thanks for any information. Good luck to all of you in the program. ...

364 Jobs In The Entire East Region?
Feb 06, 2014

What the ding dang dong is happening?  I get the feeling that they are routing work differently between offshore and onshore.  Its just strange that the west feel off the face of the planet and now the east is sinking.  Where is the person who always manages to get the inside scoop?  I would like an explanation. ...

Hey East MT, HDS2Coder Start Back Up Yet?
May 30, 2014

n/m ...

East Indian Doctor: Sounds Something Like Suprator Jerks
Jun 30, 2010

Muscle system examination showed no wasting or weakness of any groups of muscles.  Sensory system examination showed no lateralizing deficits.  The biceps jerks were 1+ on both sides.  The triceps jerks were absent bilaterally, and the ___ jerks could not be elevated. ...

East Indian Doctor: S/l Isointense Smiles/miles/mild
Jun 30, 2010

Accordingly, MRI of the cervical spine without contrast was done on February 28, 2009 and was reported by the radiologist as showing intradural extramedullary isointense ___ at T3 producing deformity on the spinal cord and mild-to-moderate stenosis.  Differential diagnosis included hemangiomas, metastasis, schwannoma, or neurofibroma or metastatic disease.   Thanks in advance. ...

HUGE Laughs......SM
Jan 29, 2013

I'm in an HIT program after doing transcription for about 5 years and deciding that I'm tired of being a wandering sheep, and I just read the first chapter in one of my textbooks, which says that "speech recognition software is 95% to 99% accurate."  I'll be pointing out in my class that that is a grievous error. ...

A Huge Eye Opener
Dec 08, 2013

I had a HUGE eye opener yesterday.  We are not the only ones who are being replaced by software, it is happening in every single industry - I read a big article yesterday announcing this "really cool" (the article's opinion, not mine) new way to place an order at Chili's - on an iPad type tablet that is brought to your table when you are seated - point and click.  Then your order goes directly to the kitchen electronically and your dinner is brought to you by a staff member w ...

Ok Question............My CCM Says Huge Over Time Sm
Dec 17, 2011

as we all know it is going to be totally different on 12/26..............why?  Does anyone know what is happening the 26th?  End of pay period is the 24th, 25th starts a new one so what significance does the 26th hold?  ...

That MLK Holiday Is A HUGE One... To Not Have Work
Jan 24, 2013

I guess I should plan for a week off for Valentines Day, hey? ...

Ipswitch Is A HUGE JOKE
Apr 24, 2013

I can't get to anything but the first page of my inbox.  Oops, now can't even get that. Maybe I'll sit here and work on my Quality essay. ...