A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ok question............My CCM says huge over time sm - mqmt

Posted: Dec 17, 2011

as we all know it is going to be totally different on 12/26..............why?  Does anyone know what is happening the 26th?  End of pay period is the 24th, 25th starts a new one so what significance does the 26th hold? 

I can't imagine there being any OT offered over the holidays - usually dictation levels plummet

[ In Reply To ..]
So I can't answer your question, sorry â€Â¦ but in all the years I've worked for MQ there has never been enough work on the system that week to cover regular hours, muchless OT.

Unless, of course, they are planning another one of their wonderful "incentive" programs that day where you have to type a bajillion lines in order to get a $2.00 incentive bonus.

Your CCM said different after the 26? Implying work low - after 26? I am confused. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Because work drops off after the 26th until after the 1st usually. - Fossil

[ In Reply To ..]
My accounts right now are loaded and will be until the 24th. All the docs are trying to get their delinquent reports done, and also get all of the patients out of the hospitals by Xmas. Therefore, work this week is usually heavy but after between the 26th and 1st basically nil.

I smartened up regarding this a couple of years ago, and now I save my PTO and take the week off from the 26th to 1st.

Similar Messages:

HUGE Laughs......SM
Jan 29, 2013

I'm in an HIT program after doing transcription for about 5 years and deciding that I'm tired of being a wandering sheep, and I just read the first chapter in one of my textbooks, which says that "speech recognition software is 95% to 99% accurate."  I'll be pointing out in my class that that is a grievous error. ...

A Huge Eye Opener
Dec 08, 2013

I had a HUGE eye opener yesterday.  We are not the only ones who are being replaced by software, it is happening in every single industry - I read a big article yesterday announcing this "really cool" (the article's opinion, not mine) new way to place an order at Chili's - on an iPad type tablet that is brought to your table when you are seated - point and click.  Then your order goes directly to the kitchen electronically and your dinner is brought to you by a staff member w ...

That MLK Holiday Is A HUGE One... To Not Have Work
Jan 24, 2013

I guess I should plan for a week off for Valentines Day, hey? ...

Ipswitch Is A HUGE JOKE
Apr 24, 2013

I can't get to anything but the first page of my inbox.  Oops, now can't even get that. Maybe I'll sit here and work on my Quality essay. ...

Huge Account Going To EPIC
Oct 16, 2013

So, we were just informed that a huge account is being rolled out to EPIC and "assured" there would be "minimal" volume loss.  Can somebody who has been through this please give us the true facts?  I'm inclined to not want to drink the Nuance Kool-Aid. Thanks in advance. ...

As Much As I Detest The Huge Unforgiving
Jan 29, 2015

worked for, I must admit that their unrelenting and harsh criticism of my work and their 99.7% plus demand for perfection has made me a better transcriptionist. I now work for a company where I acheive 100% on nearly all audits and had the same experience at another company before this one. I just knew I was better than N or M had me made out to be. ...

Huge Numbers Of MTs Have Recently Hit Retirement Age
May 18, 2010

I've heard for maybe 10 years now that right now, 2010, is when vast numbers of MTs were supposed to hit retirement age and quit work. What is retirement age? I don't want to retire, but when does a person really need to retire even if they don't want to? ...

MTSO Lost Huge Account
Jul 17, 2010

Small to medium-sized company lost a very large long-term client.  Naturally, the MTs are to blame.  Reason given was the work was out of turn around on weekends and MTs did not meet their commitments.  I can't say what percentage of MTs did not meet their commitments.  I do know that I always have.  I also know that I have kept an accurate log of the work on this very large account and 75 to 90% of the time the work runs out on Sunday, with no work available on Mon ...

Medquist Awarded A Huge Contract.
Aug 26, 2010

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-awarded-contract-with-child-health-corporation-of-america-101383704.html   It does say hospital is outsourcing, so does that mean India? In the latest example of its support for providers nationwide, MedQuist recently signed an agreement with Child Health Corporation of America (CHCA) for clinical documentation and computer-assisted coding technology and outsourced medical transcription and coding services.  MedQuist will implemen ...

Oracle. End Of My Rope. Huge New Account, 70 MTs?
Oct 21, 2010

Anyone else one of the new hires?  Are you on the new huge account?  I've been twiddling my thumbs now.  Guess I need to apply elsewhere.  I had been told before it was a good company, but I need to be actually typing. That really is a lot of MTs to hire and then not have the new account begin.  I read, below, someone said it keeps being delayed. ...

Can We Get Some Experienced Opinions On OTI's Huge Account?
Feb 08, 2011

Would really appreciate input from anyone who works on this account. ...

Nuance Just Lost Huge Account
Sep 04, 2012

Just got email that stated that one of Nuance largest accounts has left them for another "vendor"  They will be slowly removing them from pool and putting everybody elsewhere so they say ...

Is There A Way To Hide The Huge Statistics Panel In 7.2??
Mar 07, 2013

It takes up most of the screen, and I don't care about any of those statistics anyway.  Just let me work without harrassing me about my stats. ...

Why Fire For Not Meeting Production When Getting Huge
Jan 07, 2014

workflow changes due to a large account being lost (wasn't my primary).  Wondered why all of a sudden I was off my primary and getting mostly this account.  Of course, they didn't know it was leaving until it disappeared.  I'd probably have a heart attack if I every heard the truth.  Never know what hospital is going to show up in the queve, more longer transcription jobs, ASR jobs that have to be typed because the ASR does not match up, some horrible dict ...

Brand New HUGE Account Coming (BR). If We Can't Keep Up With What
Jun 10, 2015

we have now and they keep requesting OT, how is this supposed to work!?! ...

Help, I Accidentally Turned On The Huge ADT Box At The Top Of The Report And Don't Remember How
May 31, 2011

off.  Thx. ...

Well, It Happened. Nuance Loses A Huge Account To....
Sep 11, 2013

NUANCE!  Yes, that's right.  The account I have had for 5 + years has now gone with Dragon EHR according to email from TSM today. How do you like them apples? ...

Huge Account Going To Epic In The East Tomorrow
Jan 31, 2014

20 MTs are being moved elsewhere.   ...

Huge Drop In Work At Landmark Transcription
Mar 01, 2014

I've had a huge drop in work at Landmark for the past 3 months.  I've been there for 3 years working on the same account the entire time.  I've looked at my paychecks during these same exact months for the past years and I had much bigger paychecks, meaning much more work.  Here it is a weekend and I had hardly any work yesterday and so far no work today and this account always had work.  It's been this way for almost 4 months.  Anyone work on the big account that starts ...

Anyone In North Who Lost Their Huge Account Last Week With No Explanation?
Apr 19, 2010

nm ...

Employee Vs IC - U.S. Labor And Treasury Regulators Announced A Huge New
Apr 28, 2010

I just got an Email from BLR (Business and Legal Resources).  They provide information to Human Resources Departments to make sure they are following federal and state laws.  One of their upcoming Webinars is regarding “Employee versus Independent Contractor.”  Too bad I cannot afford it ($219).  I would really be interested in what they have to say since Employee versus Independent Contractor has been a hot topic on this Board, and from the responses, there are ...

My Hands Are So Sore From The Huge Number Of Corrections I Am Making
Jun 02, 2013

Any suggestions to ease the pain - like a better way to delete? This is just too ridiculous. ...

QA Keeps Changing Pro-time To Pro-time Or Pro-time Or Pro-time....once And For All, Which Is Correct
Apr 07, 2011

x ...

Trying To Find Part-time Or Full-time Employee Position (hospital/clinic)
Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does th ...

How Many Lines Is Considered Full Time And Part Time At Your MTSO?
May 06, 2010

I am wondering what the average for part time and full time status is either if it is done by line count or hours. Thanks so much! ...

FULL-TIME DOWNGRADE TO PART-TIME STATUS - Question
Dec 08, 2011

Has anyone working for an MTSO been downgraded from full-time status to part-time status based on not enough hours worked to be considered full time, yet making well above the minimum amount of earnings required for full-time status? ...

Amazing How This "huge Hospital System That Never Runs Out Of Work" Has Run Out Of Work Sm
Aug 12, 2012

has run out of work yet again, from last night and still this morning.  Stupid me for believing the promises of a recruiter.   ...

Does Precyse Hire Any Part-time Or Only Full-time?
Nov 03, 2010

nm ...

Overtime Because Of The Time Clock Time Zone Change?
Feb 06, 2011

It has been inconvenient, and maybe a bit confusing at times, to check my time card hours for my shift as, because of my time zone, part of my hours show up on the next day because I work 2nd shift. I wonder if I will get overtime for yesterday, even though I did not work overtime. I had to start work several hours early because of maintenance, so all hours were completed before the hour my hours start showing up on the next day. Fine. But the last couple hours of yesterday show up as today, ...

Anybody Else's Actual Time Worked Not Match Clocked Time?
Jun 13, 2011

Ever since they have changed Schedule Source and now it has a display called today's activity with "actuals" hours, this has not matched the hours shown with the time clock punches and is less than the hours according to the clock punch. The difference adds up to a significant amount over time. I am really suspicious about being jypped paywise. ...