A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MTSO lost huge account - just an MT

Posted: Jul 17, 2010

Small to medium-sized company lost a very large long-term client.  Naturally, the MTs are to blame.  Reason given was the work was out of turn around on weekends and MTs did not meet their commitments.  I can't say what percentage of MTs did not meet their commitments.  I do know that I always have.  I also know that I have kept an accurate log of the work on this very large account and 75 to 90% of the time the work runs out on Sunday, with no work available on Monday mornings, as well as other mornings.  This indicates to me that the work was caught up and within turn around.  The lack of available work on this account has been an issue for years, not weeks.  Yes, I transcribe ALL work types and all dictators, lots of the ugly work. 

It just annoys me that management always blames the MTs when contracts are not renewed.  There are always other issues involved.  With this company, they would be numerous. 

I hope these very many MTs find work elsewhere fast.  There absolutely will not be enough work for everyone. 

Can you identify the MTSO? SM - Sedona Red

[ In Reply To ..]
Your post is going to panic a lot of MTs who happen to work for *small to medium-sized* companies.

t.i.a.

Probably Won't Tell - Tired, Rickety MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The poster probably won't say which company....

Then why bother to post it in the first place? SM - Sedona Red

[ In Reply To ..]
Seems to me a LOT like yelling Fire! in a crowded theater -- not so much about the actual information as it is about generating drama. :-(
regarding post - just an MT
[ In Reply To ..]
No, this was NOT about drama. Read the original post again. It was about companies placing blame for loosing accounts on the MTs when that is not appropriate. The MTSO's never want to admit that you can't just blame the lowest person on the ladder. They should consider that other things may have caused this situation to evolve. Things like lack of management skills, lack of ability to retain qualified MTs (various reasons), inability to maintain system functionality, excessive downtime, supervisors with absolutely no knowledge of transcription or medical records, etc. It's just easier to blame someone else.
I disagree, how do you know for sure it is not about TAT - sm - I worry too
[ In Reply To ..]
I know for a fact if my MTSO loses the account I am on it will be for two factors, the main one is TAT, secondary money, they can find an Indian MTSO that will do it in TAT and do it for a lot less. Now whether they will have the quality they are used to is another question. One of my docs is super picky and a fast talker to boot so he would be unhappy for sure. Most of the doctors at the hospital we do work for are fine with 48 hour TAT, but the contract the MTSO has is 24-hour so that is what must be done even if the doctor dictated 300 minutes, it needs to be in in 24 hours. So they want it met in 24 hour TAT per their contract, not per what the doctors say, it is the administrators who watch the TAT, not the doctors. If an MT is bad they will ask that that MT not be on the account (it has happened), and some I won't let near my work even to help or back up because they suck in my opinion and I have no clue how come they have a job. So yes sometimes it can the the MTs fault, or at least they are a big part of the equation since they are doing the work.
I know the MTSO in question. Trust me, not just TAT. - Many, many issues at this place. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
And it's not like yelling FIRE. The MTs that work at this MTSO have been notified. If you haven't gotten an email about losing an account, it's not your MTSO. Simple as that. Those are just tactics to try to get the OP to give name of place.
Whether or not your intention was to yell Fire! ... sm - Sedona Red
[ In Reply To ..]
There are a LOT of folks who work with EXACTLY the situation you're describing. Heck, I assumed you were talking about the MTSO I signed on with just two months ago. Phewsh...

I agree that this kind of situation can be made WORSE by Middle Management people who wouldn't know a stat if it bit 'em in the butt... BUT think about this: Those same management people you criticize/blame for losing your account are now OUT OF A JOB themselves. It's a no-win situation. :-(
jobs - just an MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, considering this was a huge account and this company is not known for growing by acquiring new accounts, I'm not so sure that all sorts of people will be out of a job. Time will tell what the outcome will be.

You'd have to had worked for this place to understand the mindset. Nothing is ever the company's problem. ALL issues are the MTs fault, even those that an MT would have absolutely no control over.
Surely you don't think... SM - Sedona Red
[ In Reply To ..]
QUOTE: You'd have to had worked for this place to understand the mindset. Nothing is ever the company's problem. ALL issues are the MTs fault, even those that an MT would have absolutely no control over.

Do you honestly think there's only ONE company with that mindset, and that you happen to be unlucky enough to work for such a unique anomaly of the MTSO world? Ha! They're ALL like that! ;-)
Just venturing a guess...Is it *****? - They always blame the MTs for everything
[ In Reply To ..]
Since they're so panicky on TAT and ALWAYS send out emails to the MTs on every account, ******* just crossed my mind as a possibility.

EDITED BECAUSE IT WASN'T THE MTSO I HAD SUSPECTED.

MTSO - just an MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Intellitype/Loflin. Anyone working on the account got an e-mail. Anyone who works for this company will know which account this is. Nobody will dispute the lack of work on weekends or Mondays, nor that it was the company's largest account.

answer - just an MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I answered this and the post has disappeared. The MTSO is IntelliType, also known as Lofin.

Nobody should be panicked. All MTs on account were notified.

so which MTSO is it? n/m - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I have the worry where I work - sm - I worry too

[ In Reply To ..]
we have been getting yelled at a lot lately about TAT, and I was guilty of being late at times quite a bit but turned over a new leaf a few months ago and have been busting my butt and in TAT 95% of the time now, rarely out and only because I am taking time to sleep, LOL, but if I am out only by 2-3 hours, not days like others are. I have not been "yelled at" for a couple of months now and they can tell I am working hard by my paychecks which have almost doubled over the past few months. So if we lose this account I am thoroughly screwed in so many ways, will have to declare bankruptcy probably and lose everything I own, so keeping fingers crossed that a few bad apples do not lose me my job. I am hoping that if they do lose the account that by some chance the hospital hires me direct as I know they have been very happy with my work, but I really won't hold my breath on that one either.

I work there too and here's what I think - Stephanie

[ In Reply To ..]
While I am not sure about TAT, what I do consider is potentially some MTs work lacking quality and ruining for others who take a bit more time to make sure things are good before sending off a job. I dunno about you, but maybe in the last 2 months I have seen e-mails on some of the most ridiculous mistakes I have ever seen and in some cases I wonder if the person or persons doing it were just doing it to pad their lines. Seriously. I mean wasn't there an e-mail or two sent out about not transcribing 2 plus, but 2+? What about a recent one on ANC? That's basic stuff that even a newbie would know and considering, if memory serves, hiring criteria was at minimum 5 years experience, having to send an e-mail about things like those above is totally unacceptable.

Too the e-mail said the client is going to voice recognition. I worked somewhere previously where are TAT and quality were stellar, but they went to VR. While good TAT and quality are important, with places anymore, it all comes down to money and how they can get 5 cents out of a penny.

I only have done clinic work on this account and I have 1 backup. I also have separate work and have already started sending out feelers to see what is available to fill the gap. I have no clue as to what the new account coming on is going to be like and if the work is going to use the same skill set that the account we are losing requires. Have you heard anything?

response - just an MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree that a lot of the QA info is downright pathetic. I have noticed for years that if you look up a report for previous information on a patient, there are a lot of errors in the reports. I have done QA on this account and some of the work is shameful. I would not continue to keep MTs who produced some of the work that I saw.

We were all told that a possible new account might be available by Oct 1. That is a long gap before work might be available to a huge group of MTs (70-90). If you transcribed clinic work on this account, then except for OP reports, you can transcribe any reports. However, this was a specialty account. I would consider finding work that included basic hospital work.

Based on past experience with this company, I would not wait to see what happens if I was dependent on a pay check to pay bills. You already know how often there has been no work available, and the remaining accounts will definitely not have enough for everyone to make their usual paychecks, which was admitted by the company in stating there would be low work flow.

Best wishes.

Me again - Stephanie

[ In Reply To ..]
I never really had issues with work availability. I live in CA and usually would hop on around 3 p.m. I am concerned about tomorrow though. From last update, it seems like there under 100 jobs available and I think probably tomorrow morning people who normally log on are going to have a hard time starting their day.

I do have a backup account; however, I already wrenched back my line count expectations. I do have other side work to help me out and I already started scouting out new stuffs yesterday. I've always had 2 places going, but now I'm starting to think it might be a good idea to have 3 going part time.

I'm not QA, but what annoyed me one day was a physician actually stating in the patient's previous note that a medication was transcribed that was not said. What irked me about it is that this dictator is so clear and rather easy. I pulled it up in the document search and sure enough boom wrong medication. What is annoying about it is that it could have taken the MT all of 5 seconds to do a Google search or to just put a blank. I had sent in an e-mail about it and requested that an e-mail be sent out asking people to double check and please be careful, and it was sent out.

I really enjoyed this work. I used to work for another place that also did work for a large oncology facility and doing this work was like coming home. My separate work also includes some oncology as well.

Things will work out.

lack of work - MTforever

[ In Reply To ..]
This account comprised about 1/3 of the entire workload for this company. All the MTs that work for this company (IntelliType) should be looking for another job of some sort. There absolutely will not be enough work for anyone to meet their usual needs. One can assume that MTs will leave or the company will cut some MTs loose (probably with or without cause).

Work availability - Stephanie

[ In Reply To ..]
You 2 posters sound like you have been working with Intellitype for quite a while. It has not been quite a year for me. I appreciate you both posting what you think based on your experience. One thing I have learned since being in this profession is that you cannot have all of your eggs in 1 basket. I have some other work to back me up while I look for new to plug the new gap, but I feel for others who maybe made most of their money from Intellitype.

Similar Messages:

Nuance Just Lost Huge Account
Sep 04, 2012

Just got email that stated that one of Nuance largest accounts has left them for another "vendor"  They will be slowly removing them from pool and putting everybody elsewhere so they say ...

Anyone In North Who Lost Their Huge Account Last Week With No Explanation?
Apr 19, 2010

nm ...

My MTSO Pretty Much Lost An Account....
Aug 12, 2014

It was my secondary account and wasn't a bad one to do.  The client got a new EMR that has them doing most, if not all, of the work on their end and very little, if any, left for us.  I hope this isn't a sign of the times ahead for me.  (Sigh) ...

Huge Account Going To EPIC
Oct 16, 2013

So, we were just informed that a huge account is being rolled out to EPIC and "assured" there would be "minimal" volume loss.  Can somebody who has been through this please give us the true facts?  I'm inclined to not want to drink the Nuance Kool-Aid. Thanks in advance. ...

Oracle. End Of My Rope. Huge New Account, 70 MTs?
Oct 21, 2010

Anyone else one of the new hires?  Are you on the new huge account?  I've been twiddling my thumbs now.  Guess I need to apply elsewhere.  I had been told before it was a good company, but I need to be actually typing. That really is a lot of MTs to hire and then not have the new account begin.  I read, below, someone said it keeps being delayed. ...

Can We Get Some Experienced Opinions On OTI's Huge Account?
Feb 08, 2011

Would really appreciate input from anyone who works on this account. ...

Brand New HUGE Account Coming (BR). If We Can't Keep Up With What
Jun 10, 2015

we have now and they keep requesting OT, how is this supposed to work!?! ...

Well, It Happened. Nuance Loses A Huge Account To....
Sep 11, 2013

NUANCE!  Yes, that's right.  The account I have had for 5 + years has now gone with Dragon EHR according to email from TSM today. How do you like them apples? ...

Huge Account Going To Epic In The East Tomorrow
Jan 31, 2014

20 MTs are being moved elsewhere.   ...

Lost Google Chrome After MTSO Set Up
Jun 05, 2014

Error mssg: "The application has failed to open because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail" I will call them when open, just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and was there an easy solution that didn't screw up what the techs installed. ...

Lost Account To EMR :(
Jan 19, 2010

Last week I was told that the account I was working on went to EMR and they do not need any of the MTs on that account anymore.  :(  I have been sending out my resume but no bites.  I have 12 years of MT experience.  Where are the jobs? ...

Lost Account
Apr 04, 2015

Just heard that we lost one of our biggest accounts because of TAT.  I'm sure this means no more overtime, probably will be running out of work a lot too.  Too bad 'cause I loved all the overtime. ...

Had A Good Job And Lost The Account..
Feb 11, 2010

We lost our account because an MT had a disagreement about how long she was put on QA for.  She decided to quit and demanded all money be paid right then.  When she was told that she would be paid for that pay period when payment was originally due she wouldn't have it and went to the main company worked was subbed from, started a big mess and to make a long story short, nobody has a job now cause we lost the account.  Why does 1 MT have to ruin things for everyone.  I r ...

Transcend Lost A Big Account
Oct 20, 2010

There is rumor that Transcend has lost a huge account and I see someone further down on the board figures this to be true since she now has work in this account, only she is working for a different MTSO.  Anyone care to elaborate?  I say this is only the beginning for them, the way they push and shove until TAT is down to about 3 minutes.  You only get what you pay for in this industry.  Plus you also get what you have coming, after the way Transcend treats their MTs.  ...

Lost Primary Account
Sep 11, 2011

Today is Sunday, I work in the South Region and I'm getting a hospital I never had before.  I have had the same hospital for a very long time and used to never run out of work and now it is just about gone.  On Sundays we always had overtime, especially when there is maintenance we would always get way behind.  I'm so sad.  I loved that hospital.  I think everyone on here is right about them sending more and more work to India.  It's happening, obviou ...

Anyone Else On That Sweet Account That Was Lost?
Jun 22, 2012

Wondering if anyone else worked for the West Coast hospital account that went away this week? ...

Are Any Ex-Webbers Following The Lost Account To MedQuist?
Sep 03, 2010

nm ...

Account That TransTech/Imedx Just Lost
Dec 09, 2014

We were told it went to a competitor and that the client just decided to move in a different direction.  Can anyone verify this to be truth?  Or did it really go to India and we are just being told it went to a competitor.  Also, does anyone know how many MTs are going to have to be dispersed amongst other primary accounts? ...

Another GREAT Account Lost To India In North!
Apr 29, 2010

Gosh this make me sick!  It is not my primary account, but I have worked on this account, one you can actually make good money because almost no ESLs.  Hopefully the little indians will screw up! ...

Was A Major Account Beginning With Letter S Lost?
Jan 20, 2011

NM ...

Landmark Transcription Lost Radiology Account
May 09, 2012

Whoever worked for Landmark Transcription recently and lost a hospital radiology account, I am wondering if you have found other work yet?? ...

Question On Scan Medical For People That Lost Account
May 23, 2011

Did anyone that lost their account at Scan get hired by the new company that took the account over or try to apply with them.  ...

Well My Small MTSO Keeps Losing One Account After The
May 17, 2014

other and now we are all scrambling for work.  Seems to be the sign of the times. ...

Just Curious If Anyone Else Lost Their Account This Week Due To "Dragon."
Jan 17, 2014

nm ...

HUGE Laughs......SM
Jan 29, 2013

I'm in an HIT program after doing transcription for about 5 years and deciding that I'm tired of being a wandering sheep, and I just read the first chapter in one of my textbooks, which says that "speech recognition software is 95% to 99% accurate."  I'll be pointing out in my class that that is a grievous error. ...

A Huge Eye Opener
Dec 08, 2013

I had a HUGE eye opener yesterday.  We are not the only ones who are being replaced by software, it is happening in every single industry - I read a big article yesterday announcing this "really cool" (the article's opinion, not mine) new way to place an order at Chili's - on an iPad type tablet that is brought to your table when you are seated - point and click.  Then your order goes directly to the kitchen electronically and your dinner is brought to you by a staff member w ...

Ok Question............My CCM Says Huge Over Time Sm
Dec 17, 2011

as we all know it is going to be totally different on 12/26..............why?  Does anyone know what is happening the 26th?  End of pay period is the 24th, 25th starts a new one so what significance does the 26th hold?  ...

That MLK Holiday Is A HUGE One... To Not Have Work
Jan 24, 2013

I guess I should plan for a week off for Valentines Day, hey? ...

Ipswitch Is A HUGE JOKE
Apr 24, 2013

I can't get to anything but the first page of my inbox.  Oops, now can't even get that. Maybe I'll sit here and work on my Quality essay. ...

As Much As I Detest The Huge Unforgiving
Jan 29, 2015

worked for, I must admit that their unrelenting and harsh criticism of my work and their 99.7% plus demand for perfection has made me a better transcriptionist. I now work for a company where I acheive 100% on nearly all audits and had the same experience at another company before this one. I just knew I was better than N or M had me made out to be. ...