A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance just lost huge account - new but old

Posted: Sep 04, 2012

Just got email that stated that one of Nuance largest accounts has left them for another "vendor"  They will be slowly removing them from pool and putting everybody elsewhere so they say

Good. I hope they lose all their accounts. - me

[ In Reply To ..]

Well some of us still work here so saying you hope they lose all - their accounts is a little over the top now. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe we don't like working here, maybe we do, regardless, those who still work there need some kind of income, so please try to feel for the rest of us at least.

I still work here too. I just don't care and hopefully will have a new job by end of this week - me

[ In Reply To ..]

do you suppose the doctors finally - started reading their reports?

[ In Reply To ..]
It is our only remaining hope.

It would be great if doctors started - noticing and complaining (s/m)

[ In Reply To ..]
to the point that the facilities are wanting to pull their accounts and go back to on-site MTs, but I guess that's just wishful thinking on my part!

What I wonder is this: Since it's a huge account, which "other vendor" would be able to handle such a big account besides M*Modal? If that's the case, won't that account be surprised when they see the same quality from M*Modal?? (I know--quality may not be the issue, but, just sayin'.)

unfortunately they will only notice price. - Sad but true.

[ In Reply To ..]
Probably got a better deal.
Nonsense. Many care deeply but are victims of the - bosses and their moneycrunchers too. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

As a Transcend MLS I fear this happening with our - accounts now that Nuance is in charge.

[ In Reply To ..]
I've had 9 good years at Transcend, but have a sinking feeling we've ridden that ride. It was good while it lasted.

which hospitals? - rudy

[ In Reply To ..]
you can PM me if you prefer

account - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
all the H..... ones. This was my major account and there was normally always work and also OT if you wanted it but not anymore

Why can't you be specific? - TAMH

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm on a big account at Nuance that stars with an "H." I didn't get any email but now I'm worried. Why can't you just say the name of the account instead of just "H." If you received an email about it, then it's not a secret. Just say the name of the account instead of a code that we are supposed to be able to figure out.
Against forum rules to name - clients (NM)
[ In Reply To ..]
x
of course she cannot reveal the name of the account..sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
She could get into big trouble doing that aside from the rules of this forum. If it is public record somewhere, then it could be divulged, IMO, like if it was a public contract. Why not ask your supervisor...say you heard a rumor.

I work on a HUGE account as well - cassie

[ In Reply To ..]
I have not received an email about that, just about how things are changing with Nuance and Transcend being combined as one. I am wondering if I just didn't get this email. How can you PM on here?

Perhaps it was "lost" to their Indian partners - I am suspicious

[ In Reply To ..]
I have my reasons, but I doon't feel safe revealing them.

Or perhaps lost due to impending sale? Just a - thought. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
s

absolutely - we can all stop wondering. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Which other vendor could handle - such a huge account? (s/m)

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe you don't know the answer to this, but did the account go over to M*M? These two giants sound like they're two sides of the same coin.

where acct went - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
I have no idea where it went - All I know is that I received an email along with a couple other MTs that I know stating that this account was one we were no longer going to be typing on but not to worry and we would notified when we needed to do anything. One of the sections had already been notified and we already not getting any of their stuff anymore. No MM was mentioned but I would think it would have had to go to go to some company large enough for them

Thanks, new but old.... - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
...that is very curious and puzzling, indeed.

Wishing you luck with whatever happens next....hopefully enough work to keep you busy.

My opinion: Accounts are lost by MTSOs all the time. sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes for no obvious reason. Usually because they can get it done cheaper elsewhere. Company I worked for once lost an account they had had for years. The client was very happy with our work on this extremely difficult, multiESL account, and told the company so even after notification they were going elsewhere that there was no complaint about our work. Sometimes, they just stop sending in reports to be transcribed, break their contracts. Could be going to India.

I've seen quite a few come and go over the years. Hate it when one of my favs goes.

Hope you get another account you like to replace it.

That stinks. I am already running out of work daily right now. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am 8 hours short this week because there was no work all week on what was supposed to be a fabulous account.

Can you give a hint of what account was lost?

not yet - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
It wouldn't have affected it yet because it actually hasn't happened. It will be a slow progression. I still have plenty to do on the account so you may be on a different one

Why Even Post This - TAMH

[ In Reply To ..]
Now you've got people worrying if they are losing their account/job. Why were you given this information but nobody else received this email about losing an account. I've talked to my supervisor and she knows nothing about this. We are on an "H" account.

Similar Messages:

MTSO Lost Huge Account
Jul 17, 2010

Small to medium-sized company lost a very large long-term client.  Naturally, the MTs are to blame.  Reason given was the work was out of turn around on weekends and MTs did not meet their commitments.  I can't say what percentage of MTs did not meet their commitments.  I do know that I always have.  I also know that I have kept an accurate log of the work on this very large account and 75 to 90% of the time the work runs out on Sunday, with no work available on Mon ...

Anyone In North Who Lost Their Huge Account Last Week With No Explanation?
Apr 19, 2010

nm ...

Well, It Happened. Nuance Loses A Huge Account To....
Sep 11, 2013

NUANCE!  Yes, that's right.  The account I have had for 5 + years has now gone with Dragon EHR according to email from TSM today. How do you like them apples? ...

Huge Account Going To EPIC
Oct 16, 2013

So, we were just informed that a huge account is being rolled out to EPIC and "assured" there would be "minimal" volume loss.  Can somebody who has been through this please give us the true facts?  I'm inclined to not want to drink the Nuance Kool-Aid. Thanks in advance. ...

Oracle. End Of My Rope. Huge New Account, 70 MTs?
Oct 21, 2010

Anyone else one of the new hires?  Are you on the new huge account?  I've been twiddling my thumbs now.  Guess I need to apply elsewhere.  I had been told before it was a good company, but I need to be actually typing. That really is a lot of MTs to hire and then not have the new account begin.  I read, below, someone said it keeps being delayed. ...

Can We Get Some Experienced Opinions On OTI's Huge Account?
Feb 08, 2011

Would really appreciate input from anyone who works on this account. ...

Brand New HUGE Account Coming (BR). If We Can't Keep Up With What
Jun 10, 2015

we have now and they keep requesting OT, how is this supposed to work!?! ...

Huge Account Going To Epic In The East Tomorrow
Jan 31, 2014

20 MTs are being moved elsewhere.   ...

Lost Account To EMR :(
Jan 19, 2010

Last week I was told that the account I was working on went to EMR and they do not need any of the MTs on that account anymore.  :(  I have been sending out my resume but no bites.  I have 12 years of MT experience.  Where are the jobs? ...

Lost Account
Apr 04, 2015

Just heard that we lost one of our biggest accounts because of TAT.  I'm sure this means no more overtime, probably will be running out of work a lot too.  Too bad 'cause I loved all the overtime. ...

Had A Good Job And Lost The Account..
Feb 11, 2010

We lost our account because an MT had a disagreement about how long she was put on QA for.  She decided to quit and demanded all money be paid right then.  When she was told that she would be paid for that pay period when payment was originally due she wouldn't have it and went to the main company worked was subbed from, started a big mess and to make a long story short, nobody has a job now cause we lost the account.  Why does 1 MT have to ruin things for everyone.  I r ...

Transcend Lost A Big Account
Oct 20, 2010

There is rumor that Transcend has lost a huge account and I see someone further down on the board figures this to be true since she now has work in this account, only she is working for a different MTSO.  Anyone care to elaborate?  I say this is only the beginning for them, the way they push and shove until TAT is down to about 3 minutes.  You only get what you pay for in this industry.  Plus you also get what you have coming, after the way Transcend treats their MTs.  ...

Lost Primary Account
Sep 11, 2011

Today is Sunday, I work in the South Region and I'm getting a hospital I never had before.  I have had the same hospital for a very long time and used to never run out of work and now it is just about gone.  On Sundays we always had overtime, especially when there is maintenance we would always get way behind.  I'm so sad.  I loved that hospital.  I think everyone on here is right about them sending more and more work to India.  It's happening, obviou ...

Anyone Else On That Sweet Account That Was Lost?
Jun 22, 2012

Wondering if anyone else worked for the West Coast hospital account that went away this week? ...

Are Any Ex-Webbers Following The Lost Account To MedQuist?
Sep 03, 2010

nm ...

My MTSO Pretty Much Lost An Account....
Aug 12, 2014

It was my secondary account and wasn't a bad one to do.  The client got a new EMR that has them doing most, if not all, of the work on their end and very little, if any, left for us.  I hope this isn't a sign of the times ahead for me.  (Sigh) ...

Account That TransTech/Imedx Just Lost
Dec 09, 2014

We were told it went to a competitor and that the client just decided to move in a different direction.  Can anyone verify this to be truth?  Or did it really go to India and we are just being told it went to a competitor.  Also, does anyone know how many MTs are going to have to be dispersed amongst other primary accounts? ...

Another GREAT Account Lost To India In North!
Apr 29, 2010

Gosh this make me sick!  It is not my primary account, but I have worked on this account, one you can actually make good money because almost no ESLs.  Hopefully the little indians will screw up! ...

Was A Major Account Beginning With Letter S Lost?
Jan 20, 2011

NM ...

Landmark Transcription Lost Radiology Account
May 09, 2012

Whoever worked for Landmark Transcription recently and lost a hospital radiology account, I am wondering if you have found other work yet?? ...

Question On Scan Medical For People That Lost Account
May 23, 2011

Did anyone that lost their account at Scan get hired by the new company that took the account over or try to apply with them.  ...

Hospital Job Lost To Nuance
May 28, 2013

We were just told last week that our hospital will be going over to Nuance and that we will have the option to go also as employees of Nuance. We are told that at least we will "still have jobs" and that we will "still be able to work on our own account/doctors from the hospital". Nuance is telling the hospital all sorts of wonderful things, and we are being told very little. Can anyone please tell me what to actually expect? Will we stay on our hospital account? I left a national company t ...

Just Curious If Anyone Else Lost Their Account This Week Due To "Dragon."
Jan 17, 2014

nm ...

Nuance New Account
Feb 20, 2014

Anybody know anything or working on new huge account out of Western North Carolina?  Major medical center laid off 43 MTs and sent all their work out to Nuance.  Gave MTs the news right before Christmas but just went "live" a few weeks ago.  Just wondering how it was going.   Was a big hit to this hospital. I got out of the MT field for good in 2008.  Working a guest services position last 18 months in local hospital and absolutely love it!  There is ligh ...

Nuance Bayscribe Account?
Jan 23, 2014

Does anyone here work on the Bayscribe acct for Nuance? Curious about pay and if there is enough work for part-time. ...

Thanks, Nuance For Moving Me To Disastrous Account
Nov 12, 2013

Thanks, Nuance, for moving me and several other MTs to what looks and sounds like a disastrous account just before the holidays. Yeah, the cents per line is a little bit higher than what I was making on my previous account, but when you factor in the slow going it will be because of the 73 PAGES OF ACCOUNT SPECS that we have to learn, the hundreds (maybe thousands?? I don't know.. looks like a huge account though) of new doctors to learn and get comfortable with, and everything else that go ...

Nuance Losing Account? Maybe It's Working!
Dec 08, 2014

So you need help on this account so far out of TAT you're in danger of losing it. Sounds like people are deserting. Maybe if they lose a few accounts they'll get the message. One can only hope. I feel sorry for the managers. It must be pretty tough sitting between the leeches and those whom they suck the blood out of. How do they do it? ...

Straight Typing Account At Nuance.
Apr 22, 2015

It came over with Probity. Is anyone familiar with it? Is it going to switch to Speech? Any information appreciated. ...

Feedback From Anyone On Nuance Ambulatory Clinic Account And Using EMDAT
Sep 01, 2014

How productive is Emdat on Nuance Ambulatory Clinic accounts?  Platform seems easy to use, but can a person get a good line count? ...

HUGE Laughs......SM
Jan 29, 2013

I'm in an HIT program after doing transcription for about 5 years and deciding that I'm tired of being a wandering sheep, and I just read the first chapter in one of my textbooks, which says that "speech recognition software is 95% to 99% accurate."  I'll be pointing out in my class that that is a grievous error. ...