A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can we get some experienced opinions on OTI's huge account? - sm

Posted: Feb 08, 2011

Would really appreciate input from anyone who works on this account.

See my reply in the thread below. I like it. nm - Relieved

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Over 80 MTs have been hired to date for the "huge" accounts (sm) - Just Sayin ....

[ In Reply To ..]
so it is just a matter of time before people start running out of work. Oh, and they are still hiring.

I doubt this will be overhired ---- - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
There are 800 to 900 reports a day and they dictate an average of approximately 15,000 lines a day. There is another account coming soon also.

Don't be quite so disagreeable.
Not being disagreeable, speaking from experience (sm) - Just Sayin .....
[ In Reply To ..]
as so many on this board have done the same with OTI. I truly hope that it works out and that everyone makes great money but as someone stated below, if they hold true to their history, this will not be the case. And I understand fully of how many lines are being done now and are expected to be done in the future.

And your not a disgruntled employee..... - hmmmm
[ In Reply To ..]
d
Absolutely not disgruntled, I am very happy (sm) - Just Sayin ....
[ In Reply To ..]
with my position, just trying to help prepare other MTs just in case this happens. I never said that it would for sure, its just a possibility. I find it funny though that you think that I am a disgruntled employee, you know absolutely nothing about me and never will.

Good luck everyone! I am out of here!
I agree from the status email updates and amount being dictated every day on top of OTAT. nm - Relieved
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
do the math - MT18+years
[ In Reply To ..]
if info is correct - - 15,000 lines a day dictated translates to 12.5 MTs doing 1200 lines a day and that's without speech rec. If you use speech rec then that's enough for about 8 MTs. Been in this business a long time, never heard of having over 80 primary MTs on one account.
You're assuming again.......... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You are assuming that this account is the ONLY account for those MTs. I have a lot more than one account and so do most of the other MTs on that account.
Do the math - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with MT8+; I am nearly 70, have been an MTSO twice as well as an MT since the sixties. I have never, ever heard of having over 80 primary MTs for one account, and my company served large teaching hospitals for the State of California.
It is not 1 account, it is 3 hospitals, 1 large and 2 small (sm) - OTIMTer
[ In Reply To ..]
and the poster above was correct, 80 MTs so far and looking to hire close to 100. Years ago we obtained a clinic with 45 doctors and they hired 30 MTs for it, along with the MTs that came with the clinic. Unfortunately OTI is notorious for overhiring.
Wow, that sounds like a lot of MTs - dmt
[ In Reply To ..]
if everyone is to meet the minimum line counts that were mentioned by someone else for full time/part time.
My guess is theyre hiring extra (sm) - OTiER
[ In Reply To ..]
I'd guess they're overhiring a bit to allow for the ICs that accept a position then fail to show up or meet their requirement. I've been an MT for about 25 years and it seems there never fail to be more than a few who sign up to be an IC and then rarely show or fail to show when needed, so hopefully OTI is allowing to "weed out" the unreliable MTs when the time comes.

*Hopefully*
Who said it's 80 "primary" MTs. People!!! We on the account - also have OTHER accounts.
[ In Reply To ..]
d
Yea, and that's exactly why we're running out of work - at OTI
[ In Reply To ..]
OTI also places the new MTs other accounts, but then that means that there is very little work, if any, left for the original MTs.

You may think it's okay now. But just wait until they do this to you. I bet then you won't like it quite so much then.
I have worked for OTI for MANY years and it has NEVER happened to me. - Thank you very much!!
[ In Reply To ..]
d

New Account - OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
There is plenty of work, but it is not an easy group of accounts. Acute care with many difficult dictators. Pays only 8 cpl, IC status only, no benefits, vacation, etc.

New account - OTIer - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
8 cpl is awfully low for an IC. Our people got paid 11 cpl for IC. I realize that California probably pays more, but still.......

Im currently training on it (sm) - OTiMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm doing ER reports and progress notes, and so far I really enjoy it. Some challenging dictators to be sure, but after doing them a few times they get easier to decipher. Everyone has been very nice as well, from the recruiter to the trainer to the QA staff (BTW, very helpful and courteous QA staff).

To sum it up, so far, so good :-)

Similar Messages:

Huge Account Going To EPIC
Oct 16, 2013

So, we were just informed that a huge account is being rolled out to EPIC and "assured" there would be "minimal" volume loss.  Can somebody who has been through this please give us the true facts?  I'm inclined to not want to drink the Nuance Kool-Aid. Thanks in advance. ...

MTSO Lost Huge Account
Jul 17, 2010

Small to medium-sized company lost a very large long-term client.  Naturally, the MTs are to blame.  Reason given was the work was out of turn around on weekends and MTs did not meet their commitments.  I can't say what percentage of MTs did not meet their commitments.  I do know that I always have.  I also know that I have kept an accurate log of the work on this very large account and 75 to 90% of the time the work runs out on Sunday, with no work available on Mon ...

Oracle. End Of My Rope. Huge New Account, 70 MTs?
Oct 21, 2010

Anyone else one of the new hires?  Are you on the new huge account?  I've been twiddling my thumbs now.  Guess I need to apply elsewhere.  I had been told before it was a good company, but I need to be actually typing. That really is a lot of MTs to hire and then not have the new account begin.  I read, below, someone said it keeps being delayed. ...

Nuance Just Lost Huge Account
Sep 04, 2012

Just got email that stated that one of Nuance largest accounts has left them for another "vendor"  They will be slowly removing them from pool and putting everybody elsewhere so they say ...

Brand New HUGE Account Coming (BR). If We Can't Keep Up With What
Jun 10, 2015

we have now and they keep requesting OT, how is this supposed to work!?! ...

Well, It Happened. Nuance Loses A Huge Account To....
Sep 11, 2013

NUANCE!  Yes, that's right.  The account I have had for 5 + years has now gone with Dragon EHR according to email from TSM today. How do you like them apples? ...

Huge Account Going To Epic In The East Tomorrow
Jan 31, 2014

20 MTs are being moved elsewhere.   ...

Company Looking For An Experienced Account Manager
Sep 12, 2012

Does anyone know of a company looking for an experienced account manager. TIA ...

Anyone In North Who Lost Their Huge Account Last Week With No Explanation?
Apr 19, 2010

nm ...

HUGE Laughs......SM
Jan 29, 2013

I'm in an HIT program after doing transcription for about 5 years and deciding that I'm tired of being a wandering sheep, and I just read the first chapter in one of my textbooks, which says that "speech recognition software is 95% to 99% accurate."  I'll be pointing out in my class that that is a grievous error. ...

A Huge Eye Opener
Dec 08, 2013

I had a HUGE eye opener yesterday.  We are not the only ones who are being replaced by software, it is happening in every single industry - I read a big article yesterday announcing this "really cool" (the article's opinion, not mine) new way to place an order at Chili's - on an iPad type tablet that is brought to your table when you are seated - point and click.  Then your order goes directly to the kitchen electronically and your dinner is brought to you by a staff member w ...

Ok Question............My CCM Says Huge Over Time Sm
Dec 17, 2011

as we all know it is going to be totally different on 12/26..............why?  Does anyone know what is happening the 26th?  End of pay period is the 24th, 25th starts a new one so what significance does the 26th hold?  ...

That MLK Holiday Is A HUGE One... To Not Have Work
Jan 24, 2013

I guess I should plan for a week off for Valentines Day, hey? ...

Ipswitch Is A HUGE JOKE
Apr 24, 2013

I can't get to anything but the first page of my inbox.  Oops, now can't even get that. Maybe I'll sit here and work on my Quality essay. ...

As Much As I Detest The Huge Unforgiving
Jan 29, 2015

worked for, I must admit that their unrelenting and harsh criticism of my work and their 99.7% plus demand for perfection has made me a better transcriptionist. I now work for a company where I acheive 100% on nearly all audits and had the same experience at another company before this one. I just knew I was better than N or M had me made out to be. ...

Has Anyone Experienced...
Apr 12, 2010

I was wondering if anyone has expereinced having applied to an advertisement for a transcription job with any particular MTSO, receiving an "invitation to test" at around midnight, and then attempting to take the test.  What I found when attempting to take the "transcription test", was an hour and a half of written test, not a voice file transcription test, with very detailed questions.  I spent an hour and a half taking this test and checking every answer on the internet, whether I th ...

To VERY Experienced MTs
Feb 21, 2012

I have about 25 years in MT, owning a MTS and filling other roles in the field as well. Frequently on this board I read the frustrated posts from those with 20 to 30 years of experience who have submitted resumes/applications but do not hear back from the hiring company.  A couple of times I have suggested that OVERQUALIFICATION may explain the lack of call back.  Both times I was personally verbally attacked on this board, with the notion called "ridiculous" and "absurd." ...

Huge Numbers Of MTs Have Recently Hit Retirement Age
May 18, 2010

I've heard for maybe 10 years now that right now, 2010, is when vast numbers of MTs were supposed to hit retirement age and quit work. What is retirement age? I don't want to retire, but when does a person really need to retire even if they don't want to? ...

Medquist Awarded A Huge Contract.
Aug 26, 2010

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-awarded-contract-with-child-health-corporation-of-america-101383704.html   It does say hospital is outsourcing, so does that mean India? In the latest example of its support for providers nationwide, MedQuist recently signed an agreement with Child Health Corporation of America (CHCA) for clinical documentation and computer-assisted coding technology and outsourced medical transcription and coding services.  MedQuist will implemen ...

Is There A Way To Hide The Huge Statistics Panel In 7.2??
Mar 07, 2013

It takes up most of the screen, and I don't care about any of those statistics anyway.  Just let me work without harrassing me about my stats. ...

Why Fire For Not Meeting Production When Getting Huge
Jan 07, 2014

workflow changes due to a large account being lost (wasn't my primary).  Wondered why all of a sudden I was off my primary and getting mostly this account.  Of course, they didn't know it was leaving until it disappeared.  I'd probably have a heart attack if I every heard the truth.  Never know what hospital is going to show up in the queve, more longer transcription jobs, ASR jobs that have to be typed because the ASR does not match up, some horrible dict ...

Which Course For Experienced Nurse
Aug 11, 2010

I am looking into MT programs and wondering about one which advertises that it is geared to nurses: MT@Home Medical Transcription. It costs significantly less than the three programs which I see referenced quite a bit  -Andrews, M-Tec and Career Step, but it seems like these programs involve so much material that I already know. Years ago I did transcription for nurses, I've worked in hopitals/home and office environments as a nurse (also years ago) and I worked in pharmaceutical sales ...

Advice From The Experienced?
Jul 28, 2011

I am a newbie MT and wanted some advice from those of you more experienced than I. Today, every single dictation I have had is from a foreign doctor..the latest one said (not kidding) toe bec abu in da pa...which I finally made out to be tobacco abuse in the past. My line count is horrible! How do you compensate for reports like this that take a long time, while maintaining a decent line count? Thanks. ...

Is 14 Cpl Fair For Experienced IC?
Mar 28, 2012

I have been an IC for over 5 years and have decided to increase my rates from 12 cpl to 14 cpl.  In doing that, one of my doctors is thinking about replacing me.  I thought 14 cpl was a fair rate.  What does everyone else think? ...

I Think That All/most Of The Good, Experienced MTs
Mar 01, 2015

are going to end up quitting as soon as they possibly can, leaving behind a ton of newbies that will be super EASY to catch errors on (sorry newbies but you know it's true---it was true of myself when I was new).  And the newbies won't complain about getting 7 cpl EVERY week.  How's THAT for patient safety for ya? ...

Help, I Accidentally Turned On The Huge ADT Box At The Top Of The Report And Don't Remember How
May 31, 2011

off.  Thx. ...

Huge Drop In Work At Landmark Transcription
Mar 01, 2014

I've had a huge drop in work at Landmark for the past 3 months.  I've been there for 3 years working on the same account the entire time.  I've looked at my paychecks during these same exact months for the past years and I had much bigger paychecks, meaning much more work.  Here it is a weekend and I had hardly any work yesterday and so far no work today and this account always had work.  It's been this way for almost 4 months.  Anyone work on the big account that starts ...

Experienced But Feeling Like A Newbie!
Sep 12, 2011

I have been a transcriptionist for the past 10 years, working in cardiology, acute care and now radiology. I do radiology part-time from home right now and most shifts I do not even average minimum wage because of a shortage of work. The company I work for is small and works two typists per shift when there is only enough work for one. It is so frustrating! I have sent out about 20 resumes in the last couple of weeks and haven't heard a word from anyone. It used to be so easy to get a job b ...

Are Experienced MTs Finding Work Now Or Is There
Jan 05, 2012

not much out there. ...

Experienced MT Needing Work
Jan 10, 2012

I've been reading about various companies out there and wondering which ones are good and which ones to stay away from. Thanks!    ...