Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I agree with you...you actually make my point which is - working in slippers

Posted: Aug 28th, 2021 - 12:27 pm In Reply to: No offense - We are not all that

is our skills are in no way the equivalent of an RN or MD seeing patient in a clinical setting. Not to mention the years of school, degrees and training.

But I do think that upper management and people in general do not always understand the scope of what we do. If the sample we are given when we take a test is fairly easy, then how hard can it be?

When it can be outsourced offshore or a computer can do it, then it must be easy. Plus you don't need a degree to get a job.

I feel as though we are seen as "typists" or data entry clerks. Surely everyone has talked to someone about asking if they can get a transcription job because they "are a really fast typist." I have neighbors who think I copy everything into the chart even though I have tried explaining the job to her. When they introduce me at the pool they say "working-in-slippers does medical data entry." I have also received comments that is a no stress job because I don't deal with patients. Whatever.

It is the law of supply and demand at this point. Still curious as when the transcription working herd thins out and there are no young people to take over, what will hospitals do? I imagine they will try to perfect VR to the point where even the worst of dictators will need to edit their own work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)