Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Valid Vent - I agree

Posted: Aug 26th, 2021 - 10:38 am In Reply to: Valid vent - Workingmt

I am in the same boat, so discouraged by what this job has become and even though I used to enjoy the work, I don't anymore. I resent it! All the free work, all the time you spend fixing up the mess that VR creates, low pay, that seems to be going down as each day goes by and so on. The high standards are more than what the dictators even come close it.

When things started to shift almost 20 years ago, I too should have gotten out. I finally did though and work part time because I needed an employee position and do this on the side and minimally at that.

Nuance and AQuity still run the show, and the MTSOs are just clones for them. I will never depend on this job for any regular income, just whatever I make is fine with me, because I cannot stress over it any longer. If I log on and there is no work or very low work, then I log off and go about my day and it very freeing not to feel chained to this computer any longer. The days that I work I do not do MT work and if I work extra, I don't do MT work, and again very freeing.

All you can do is decide what is best for you. There are other ways to work and the bloom is off the rose as far as working at home, it is a drudge if you ask me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)