Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

My thoughts... Sm - Just me

Posted: Aug 28th, 2021 - 10:10 am In Reply to: wondering what I was thinking going into transcription - wearing slippers

My daughter is 23, high school graduate and just left working a fast food restaurant to work in a warehouse making $18/hour and full paid benefits start on day #1 and overtime is available. 2 paid weeks of vacation a year and 5 sick days paid a year. If I didn't have such bad arthritis I would be all over these types of jobs. Our local restaurants including fast food are begging people to work at $15-18/hour and still can't get people to work. Prices are going up in the stores. Yet in the MT field "raise" is a taboo word and we still fear losing our jobs at any moment due to technology. SMH and counting down the days hoping to make it to early retirement in 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)