Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

They are already doing it. - We are not all that

Posted: Aug 28th, 2021 - 12:45 pm In Reply to: I agree with you...you actually make my point which is - working in slippers

The herd has thinned out, either by choice or having their jobs eliminated. I started getting phased out of my on site MT job in 2012 and moved to QA and then an HIM position. I now see the inner workings of ROI, coding, scanning and other jobs associated with clinical documentation and can say to anyone who thinks they know it all, try one of those jobs because none of it is easy and it all requires specialized skills. I have never worked at home by choice, so I can't relate to working in my pajamas and slippers. I've heard all the comments over the years about how anyone who can type can transcribe. I tell people who think transcription is a piece of cake to sit down and try it, and I have worked with quite a few trainees who have given up. However, what they call transcription now is nothing compared to what we did when everyone used straight dictation/transcription. I imagine that hospitals will continue to use VR with disclaimers about the reports being voice recognized and have a couple of people on staff for QA. Offshoring will be used as it is now. They won't need young people to take over because no one wants the job and there probably won't be any jobs regardless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)