Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Please be aware of this SCAM! - Tara Slang

Posted: Jan 25th, 2024 - 5:33 pm

Hello,

I am just giving you a warning. I do not want to be bashed for falling for this because it seemed like such a good opportunity. I want you to be safe. I received this e-mail from a company stating that they received my job application.

Hi,
Our staff has carefully reviewed your transcription job application. You are one of the best applicants for this position and have the qualifications we want. The position will be fully remote, and the online interview will only take a few minutes. I will send you a short questionnaire in PDF format; answering the questions will take approximately 30 minutes. Welcome to the team. We look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kind regards.

--
Robert Chase

NewGen Surgical Inc

41 Simms St., Suite B

San Rafael, CA 94901

This sounded like a wonderful opportunity for me so I went ahead and applied. They had told me that they were going to send me some equipment to get started with the position. I have done that before with a company so I was okay with it. They had given me the run around about sending the equipment stating that the person who was supposed to deliver it and set it up had a sick baby in the hospital. They had sent me two "checks" via e-mail that I was to deposit into my account and I had done this thinking that the person I was sending the "money" to was legit. Then I knew it was a scam. They are using this company's name for their fraud. I called the actual company listed here today and fortunately (and unfortunately) they are aware of this scam and are trying to catch the person responsible. As soon as I told them about it they had said that they had just gotten another call this week before mine about the same exact scam. Please be careful. I never thought that this would happen to me, but unfortunately, it has. Please keep an eye out for this scam and report it immediately. I have the police involved on my end even though I am in North Carolina. If you need any other information regarding this let me know. Please don't fall victim to this!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)