Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

CMA deliberately making noise next to dictating P.A. - Cinnamonmeg

Posted: Jan 27th, 2024 - 8:39 am

I am hoping for input about a situation I have been enduring now for nearly 9 years at the same job.  I work at a small practice, 7 doctors, 4 P.A.'s, and one of the P.A.s loves to dictate sitting at the Clinical desk where the CMAs work.  It's a rowdy social/party atmosphere much of the time and has always shocked me.  They behave only if the Practice Mgr or other doctors are nearby. One of the CMAs has a loud voice and deliberately speaks loudly right next to this P.A. when he is dictating.  I have seen her trying to distract him deliberately by poking him, making jokes, comments, faces, pulling the lever on his chair to make it fly down, etc. over the years.  I moved far away and my practice let me continue working for them remotely.  The problem has gotten worse.  I have excellent hearing, but if she laughs or speaks loudly near him it conflicts with the dictation.  I have repeatedly asked my Mgr. for help and she has asked him to dictate somewhere more quiet but it never lasts.  Friday I got a STAT surgical dictation and he was laughing hard for nearly 2 minutes at something she did, I heard her say to him flirtatiously "ARE YOU BEING NAUGHTY?" ...they are both annoyed with me for asking the Mgr. for help with this.  I am "not allowed" to communicate directly with the P.A. and if I did it would anger my Mgr.  The CMA dislikes me because I am an introvert, I am polite but keep to myself and I don't chain smoke next to the dumpsters outside and join her "gang" to go out boozing at bars.  The Mgr. has told me "I will ask him again but he will do what he wants."  So no real help.  I could start leaving blank lines in his notes to indicate "INAUDIBLE" but most of the time I *can* hear what he is saying if I replay the audio 15 times and do research in the chart.  But I have an avalanche of work and this CMA and P.A. are slowing me down and making all other doctors & patients wait.  I have the option of making a formal agenda item complaint for their next Board meeting, but am terrified it will only put my job in danger.  I am the only MT for this practice.  I have been told I am the best MT they ever had and I know I do the work of 2 to 3 people (I have created & memorized thousands of macros) but this is frankly a crappy work environment even though I have the huge benefit of working from home.  I am somewhat close to retirement age, afraid of jumping ship, need the health insurance benefits, etc.  My Mgr. is tired and stressed herself.  If nothing else, I am hoping for validation that this CMA and P.A. are RUDE.  Thanks if you read this far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)