Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Valid vent - Workingmt

Posted: Aug 26th, 2021 - 10:27 am In Reply to: wondering what I was thinking going into transcription - wearing slippers

No apologies, I am right there with you. Because I love what I do so much, I just keep hanging in there watching everyone else in this working world make more than us, while we have more and more responsibility put on us and ridiculous expectations for our low pay. Sometimes I feel that I need to know as much as a Registered RN as to what they expect us to understand and correct on a report such as wrong medications, dosages, lab values, etc., that are CLEARLY the mistake of the dictator/author/MD, etc. but WE are penalized and will lose our jobs for not catching THEIR mistakes. It was always my understanding that when they signed the Medical Record, THEY were responsible for its content, not the MT who is simply "editing" their report. At this point, I feel I've lost the chance at any other decent paying medical field position, I should have become a coder 15 years ago when I gave the same advice to a young girl who wanted to become a transcriptionist and I told her, no way, go to school and become a coder, that is where the money is. She now works at home making good money, while we sit here and barely make minimum wage at this point. They told us we would be able to produce twice what we type, which was complete BS. You still have to listen to the whole report, and guess what?, I actually produced more straight typing because I have an awesome shorthand macro storage. I used to produce 400 lines per hour and on a good day, now, I am lucky I produce 256, I can't even get 300 lines per hour consistently with all the stuff we have to do that we do not get payed for anymore. We used to be paid for cc's headings, footers, etc. Only time will tell what becomes of us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)