Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I believe you are wrong are some of these... - sm

Posted: Feb 29th, 2020 - 4:40 pm In Reply to: Update on NTS - Australia OP

Strict hours? I was told a minimum of 20 hours per week and I just told them my days and hours I wanted to work. Unless that has changed, that is how it's been for at least a year and a half now and I basically exceed the amount of hours I have given them anyway because there is a lot of work.

What's the big deal with Skype? It's instant messaging like any other IM program. You aren't on camera with anyone. I didn't have a mic for training, and they didn't care. Very laid back in that regard.

I never had to purchase a line counting software and I've been there a year and a half. Emdat has a built in line counter and we just tally up our line counts and email our invoices to them. I have never used Google docs with this job and have never been told to use that. I didn't have to purchase anything for this job. Maybe you misunderstood? Or this could be something new. It would seem those of us who have been there would have been told this, though.

You were told in the post that there is a learning curve and they do things differently and yes, they are a total different country than the US so yes they're going to be different. I'm not sure why you didn't get that when you that was said here and obviously it's self explanatory since they are in Australia and not the US.

The preassessment test literally only takes about 30 minutes. Most companies do not pay you for taking a test. This one doesn't either.

The lines you do in training you can invoice for once you are out of training. It usually only takes people about 2 weeks in training and some less so if they already know Emdat. You aren't working for free. The lines are included in the invoice later.

I have always been able to bill twice a month. The $500 is Aussie pay BEFORE the exchange, so most people can usually invoice twice a month as it's easy to make.

To each their own. Any new job is going to come with a learning curve. This one comes with a big one, but they are courteous and respectful through all communications and they have tons of work with no manipulation or back stabbing like a lot of the US companies. I've always been paid on time and never had to worry about that either.

Good luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)