Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Thank you all! - OP

Posted: Feb 25th, 2020 - 3:14 pm In Reply to: LOW EBB - Transcriber from PIT

I have tried working outside the home, and trust me, it is not easy. There are such mean-streaked people in this society now that could not have a care in the world if you succeed or not.

Yes, I definitely had to explain why I would not want to continue working from home, yet, staffing agencies say it is frowned upon to discuss it is due to low income. Cut me a break. Since when? All my life and the jobs I had before working from home, I mentioned that I was job seeking due to an increase in income. Duh!

Two different staffing agencies decided my resume wasn't good enough. eliminated it down to look like a 2nd grader wrote it, and another one never came through but said that I should only include the last 7 years. Well listen up, I lost my job of 17 years where I was doing more than transcription due to being outsourced. Did I have a choice? Not so much at the time.

I'm sickened by it all. I am no where near retirement. I think I'll do the outpatient treatment for a bit, try to find a gig with no VDI, and see what happens.

I was told today, however, that you must really be completely out of work, as in not worked at all for at least a year, before being considered for SSDI due to mental incapacity to work unless you have another ailment that precludes you from working. But, most applications I've completed have a sheet that says if they would need to do anything to accommodate me, and I answer, "I have no disability." So, I'm very confused on SSDI award and such, plus the lawyer, of course, gets their cut.

Thank you everyone! I'm saddened I'm not alone because that means others are suffering along with me, but thank you so much for sharing.

On a side note, I believe I was let go after 4 years from a smaller company because they lost parts of the account (like divisions of it), and it was mostly straight typing. Really convenient. Why are companies so nasty and greedy? Sheesh... vent over.

Thanks so much again! Prayers for all of us and well wishes on our next endeavors especially retirement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)