Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 71)

there is - glad to be gone

Posted: Feb 27th, 2020 - 9:43 pm In Reply to: Can you specify what videos you watched? - There is so much conflicting info...

Indeed conflicting information out there. What really helped for me was that before I started watching the YouTube videos I worked with my local unemployment office where they offered classes for resume writing, interview skills, etc. After I found out the various types of interviews that companies did (and I can't remember the specific names for them all, but some were the ones that they asked you how you handled conflict, how you solved problems in the workplace, etc versus the other ones that focused more on your skills, etc) I started researching both types of YouTube videos on questions asked to get familiar with them and what I might answer. Sure enough in one of the presentations put on by my unemployment office they said a common question for an interview was what kind of animal would you be if you were an animal. I had thought of the answer and why and sure enough I got that question posed for the interview for the job I got. You just have to take the time to listen to it all and then discern what you might need for your particular interview when you are in it. Research the company you are interviewing for. Read reviews about it. See if you can find their values, etc.

As far as my computer skills I didn't do too many YouTubes about them but did attend several computer classes offered through my local unemployment office, Goodwill Career Center, and the library. Getting at least a basic of Word, Excel, etc. helped me to wing it in the present job I got.

Hope this helps!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)