A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance New Account - MT30+

Posted: Feb 20, 2014

Anybody know anything or working on new huge account out of Western North Carolina?  Major medical center laid off 43 MTs and sent all their work out to Nuance.  Gave MTs the news right before Christmas but just went "live" a few weeks ago.  Just wondering how it was going.   Was a big hit to this hospital.

I got out of the MT field for good in 2008.  Working a guest services position last 18 months in local hospital and absolutely love it!  There is light at the end of the tunnel for all us oldies but goodies (I am 58) and the money compared to what MT is making now not even considering the lack of stress is more than any MT job even if they were paying any money anymore!

I feel for them. They will be joining the ranks of the - new working poor a la Nuance.

[ In Reply To ..]
I bet they, too, were promised the moon. If they haven't found out by now, they will find out soon that they won't be making enough to support even a homeless person.

Similar Messages:

Nuance Bayscribe Account?
Jan 23, 2014

Does anyone here work on the Bayscribe acct for Nuance? Curious about pay and if there is enough work for part-time. ...

Nuance Just Lost Huge Account
Sep 04, 2012

Just got email that stated that one of Nuance largest accounts has left them for another "vendor"  They will be slowly removing them from pool and putting everybody elsewhere so they say ...

Thanks, Nuance For Moving Me To Disastrous Account
Nov 12, 2013

Thanks, Nuance, for moving me and several other MTs to what looks and sounds like a disastrous account just before the holidays. Yeah, the cents per line is a little bit higher than what I was making on my previous account, but when you factor in the slow going it will be because of the 73 PAGES OF ACCOUNT SPECS that we have to learn, the hundreds (maybe thousands?? I don't know.. looks like a huge account though) of new doctors to learn and get comfortable with, and everything else that go ...

Nuance Losing Account? Maybe It's Working!
Dec 08, 2014

So you need help on this account so far out of TAT you're in danger of losing it. Sounds like people are deserting. Maybe if they lose a few accounts they'll get the message. One can only hope. I feel sorry for the managers. It must be pretty tough sitting between the leeches and those whom they suck the blood out of. How do they do it? ...

Straight Typing Account At Nuance.
Apr 22, 2015

It came over with Probity. Is anyone familiar with it? Is it going to switch to Speech? Any information appreciated. ...

Well, It Happened. Nuance Loses A Huge Account To....
Sep 11, 2013

NUANCE!  Yes, that's right.  The account I have had for 5 + years has now gone with Dragon EHR according to email from TSM today. How do you like them apples? ...

Feedback From Anyone On Nuance Ambulatory Clinic Account And Using EMDAT
Sep 01, 2014

How productive is Emdat on Nuance Ambulatory Clinic accounts?  Platform seems easy to use, but can a person get a good line count? ...

I Am So Sick Of Bouncing Around From Account To Account
Nov 07, 2012

What a flippin joke. Didnt Amy say she was going to keep us in 1 account????   OMG, I have done evey account in my BOB this morning as well as some other Bob. I cant keep my head on straight anymore. It is spinning like a top. My production is down to minimum and I am at risk of being fired for not meeting production because some idiot decides to open the cesspool!   GO CCMs! GET YOUR 100% TAT... SCREW THE REST OF US. ...

Don't Forget, You Will Be QA'd On Each Account, That Could Account
Jun 08, 2015

.... I read notes below to this effect. Oh, and don't forget to NOT count QC lines and scores when you calculate your QA score on FIESA.   ...or just ignore it altogether.    ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

New Account Help
Oct 14, 2009

So, I am trying to research per line rates in my area, and no one seems willing to open up about their rates. I have spoken with one woman from a local company who told me to give it up as I more than likely will never land an account and work for other established companies, also stating that I am not hiring right now, but you are more than welcome to submit your information. I replied stating to her that I am not a newbie as you say, I have been in this field since 2007, and wish to acquire my ...

I'm Used To Doing Ops, But I'm On An Account Now With Only
Oct 19, 2009

Once i get used to the dictators and names, is it possible to reach the same production as when I was doing ops?  I have access to prior reports, so that's helpful. I know I need to tweak my glossary to include more non-op terms.  Any other productivity tips to make a non-op account super productive? ...

Something Is Up With My Account At MDI
Nov 24, 2009

I am not sure if this is going on with your accounts, but I have noticed on my primary that there are a lot of old reports in there, from days and days ago.  A few weeks back my team leader said ignore those TAT times because they were pulling old stuff for "training."  It started with DS, and now I notice that there are old H&Ps and Consults in there.  So I am wondering if they are training Transcend employees to do my account, maybe VR, or I guess it could be the hospital tr ...

Looking For Account
May 22, 2011

Did anyone ever contact a hospital after your account was lost to find out where it went and you were still employed with the former MTSO that had the account.  Concerned about doing this if the hospital were to contact the MTSO and still employed there but not overly happy anymore.  I would rather keep this confidential until I at least find out if the new MTSO is even hiring for the account, etc.  ...

Is Anyone Else On A KS Account That Only Gets
Oct 13, 2011

We are supposed to do 12 reports/hour but the work is not there.  I no longer respond to the e-mails where they say they want to help you get more work and not make peanuts.  What joke! Not only that my lead has been on cherry picking when there is hardly any work.    ...

Looking For A New Account ...
Oct 02, 2012

My state medical association publishes a monthly journal with a Classifieds section at the back.  There's a section for Services Available where there are ads for EMR companies, billing services, and a couple of private MT ads. A small ad would cost me about $45/month and it would also appear on the online edition.  I'm just looking for 1 or 2 new clients right now, and thought this might be easier & cheaper than mailing out brochures. Do you think this is a good idea a ...

My Own Account
Nov 28, 2012

I am in discussion with a doctor's office to do their transcription.  This would be the first time I would have my own account.  How do I find out the going rate of transcription in my area?  I would like to be prepared when discussing this with the office.  Thanks in Advance! ...

OOW On NEW Account!
Dec 28, 2012

out of work, AGAIN!!  The other account I had has TONS of work this morning.  I'm about to go back over there and get some lines in!  Why take me off an acct that has TONS of work to an acct that has NO WORK?????? ...

Bye Bye Big Account
Mar 28, 2013

Received email stating that one of my accounts which I was always under the impression was a very LARGE account will no longer be using Nuance.  ...

We Have An Account
Mar 17, 2014

QA & I've noticed the errors that QA finds are getting more petty to the point of ridiculousness just over the last couple of weeks.  "The" when I heard "A" or "A" when I heard "the" - just sheer craziness.  I assume they are gearing up for the 99.7% accuracy rate change.  I figure I'm a goner soon, so I'm just typing my little fingers off in the meantime.  Just my vent ...

My Account
Feb 27, 2015

Give me back my account please! ...

I Am On A New Account.
Mar 13, 2015

I cannot get anyone to answer my e-mails. Due to not answering my questions I will not be working extra.  ...

When Your Account
Apr 16, 2015

is 3 days behind, don't you wonder why accounts you have never heard of are coming into your que?  Not to mention, the accounts that are coming into the que are not out of turn around (i.e., are current almost up to the hour).  ...and did I mention my account is three (3) days behind!  How is this helping anyone? ...

New Account
May 20, 2015

Is anyone working on a new account with the first two initials RG? ...

New Account Advice - Regarding VPN
Oct 15, 2009

I currently provide transcription to various speciality clinics using a call-in system for the dictation, typing in Word and uploading via FTP site.  I was contacted by a hospital to do their transcription.  They asked if my transcriptionists could type in their VPN program.  Can anyone tell me how I would do QA on this then?  This would be a new system to me and I really want the account.  ...

If You've Been Moved To A New Account
Nov 16, 2009

You don't know who the managers are, or even what division is falls under, and the old managers don't have a clue, how does one escalate to find out? MTQuestions? Tossed to the wolves here..but hey hey, I still have work! LOL. Slowly losing my mind on trying to get answers while restructuring in in progress. I've learned too much from the past that patience is not always a virtue. Things get lost in the shuffle. Anyone ever had this happen to them? Any suggestions. ...

Being Transferred To Another Account And CCM
Dec 03, 2009

Ouir BOB lost another large account and now there are too many MTs.  So, about 8-12 are being moved.  The account that I transcribe is going to be almost 100% ASR, and the account is being transferred to the Canadian MTs.  Apparently the poor Canadians don't have enough work.  They do, however, get free health insurance.  Now we not only have to worry about the Indians, but the Canadians too.  I can guarantee they are being paid less.  ...

New Orthopedic Account
Jan 18, 2010

pain in her "disoriusembi ciftom"? on her arm? ...

Lost Account To EMR :(
Jan 19, 2010

Last week I was told that the account I was working on went to EMR and they do not need any of the MTs on that account anymore.  :(  I have been sending out my resume but no bites.  I have 12 years of MT experience.  Where are the jobs? ...