A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New hire, first full week to work, want to quit - how much notice should I give ? - nm

Posted: Oct 04, 2012

x

2 weeks is the norm! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

if its her first week, I would just tell them right away - and see what they want to do

[ In Reply To ..]
They might not want to invest another 2 weeks in training and QA just for her to leave anyway.

why - do you want to leave?

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Why ? Because I am fond of eating and paying my bills, but - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I got a better offer. This is not the first time I have worked for TRCR/Nuance; my last stent was for 10 years. Not happy about having to quit any job, but I really do not want to work for minimum wage. I was bad when I quit before, and I did not think it could be any worse, but "holy crap".

sorry to hear that - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope the next job is better for you. I'm about to start with Nuance to see how this goes and I don't have high expectations. It seems some have a better experience than others with them. Keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck with your new job!

Similar Messages:

Has You Ever Had It And Just Up And Quit? Not Give A Notice?
Jan 21, 2011

I'm getting more and more frustrated with my company and their lack of good management, lack of respect, lack of intelligence, lack of manners, etc.  I have never not given a notice but they are really pushing my buttons and would love to just not show up for my shift.  I honestly don't even care at this point, I'm so disgusted.  Do I need the money??  Yes!!!  But I'm just not sure I can handle the stress anymore. ...

Do You Give A Notice When You Quit A Job
Sep 02, 2013

The last 3 jobs I have had, the work would dwindle and dwindle to the point where I was making about $100 bucks a week.  I would apply/test and get a new job and never even tell the old company I quit and they never even ask!!  Eventually, I guess they remove me from their mailing list, because I stop getting the emails.  I feel like if the company communicated with me about the lack of work, just give me a heads up or let me know what is going on, I would be more thoughtful of a ...

Should I Give 2 Week Notice
Jul 16, 2013

After just reviewing FIESA crap and having not received emails in days from TSM about reversals, I am to the point where i want out. I hate leaving a job without notice, but I am seriously sick of this place. I never intend on working here again, but not sure if I should give them notice. They make me feel like poo everytime I get my corrections back. ...

After You Give 2-week Notice...
Oct 31, 2014

...it is so gloriously hard to give a hoot!!  I used to work QA for M*Modal and whenever someone gave notice, we put them on 100% review.  I never understood that as well as I do now.  I am definitely not being quite as careful as I usually am.  I also am not stressing about my production numbers each day.  I wander around on Facebook, Amazon, and give in to the distractions I used to fight against.  Why not? What are they gonna do? Fire me???? I'd actually be ...

Anyone Know If We Give A 1-week Notice Instead Of 2, Do We Still Get PTO Paid Out?...sm
Dec 14, 2011

I certainly hope so.  Not that I have much PTO left, but I really need it to be paid.  TIA! ...

Quit Without Notice
Apr 10, 2010

I quit without notice.  I think if a company is professional and treat you as a professional they deserve the courtesy of notice.  However, I worked for a company where management and supervision would answer e-mail questions with "your question or message has been assigned a number.  Please refer to this number in future correspondence regarding this.  My GAWD.  Give me a break!  When I got an e-mail after I told them I was out of there asking me if I was ...

How Much Notice To Give?
Oct 22, 2013

When one gives a notice to terminate employment, does Nuance immediately remove your login for eScripton and Webclock or let you work until your last day? TIA ...

You Quit A Company W/o Notice And
Sep 11, 2011

You are told you are not eligible for rehire.  Then you go to work for another company who is then bought out by the first company.  The one you are not eligible for rehire with.  What happens?  Are you not offered option to stay on with them?  ...

How Much Notice Did You Give When Quitting MQ?
Oct 27, 2009

With the big pay cut & NJA all the time, I don't feel like I owe them a full 2 weeks!  Why do they need 2 weeks' notice when there's not enough work on the system anyway?  Curious how much notice others have given. ...

How Much Notice Does Nuance Give
Jun 18, 2012

How much notice does Nuance give the MTs on that account when a big client has dropped them, since they have known for a while?  ...

I Have Unused PTO. Does Anyone Know If I Have To Give Notice
Nov 17, 2012

Any and all thoughts welcome.  It states we do not have to give notice when we leave, but I am wondering if they would keep my unused PTO.  Thanks. ...

JUST THINK, WE ALL GIVE OUR 2 WEEKS NOTICE
Nov 08, 2014

Wouldn't it be nice to see us all give our 2 weeks notice at the same time.  McDonald's workers can go on strike, but we can't.  We don't even get minimum wage, so they have to give us MUP.  Then they complain about it and make it look like its our fault that there is no work and if you punch out everytime there is no work that just means you are going to get even less, so they don't have to pay you minimum wage for the hours you are sitting here searchin ...

My Coworker Quit - Apparently W/o Notice
Jun 18, 2012

I have watched with horror what you transcribed.  You have moved on.  I wish I could publicize your name and warn every MTSO in the sound of my voice about the destruction you cause.  If anyone deserves having their keyboard banned for life, it is you.  It's time you retire and stop desroying lives.  Thank you for the chance to give the clients a better report now that you are gone. ...

Nuance Sucks! I Just Quit. No Notice.
Dec 11, 2012

nm ...

Did You Give Landmark Transcription Any Notice
Aug 03, 2014

When there was all of a sudden no work any more? Or do they even care or notice whether you do or not.  Someone else is obviously doing the work so I'm thinking it won't matter much to give notice or not. ...

Get Paid For PTO Hours If You Don't Give 2 Weeks Notice?
May 23, 2012

Hello.  I'm considering quitting MModal and I need to know if you have to give 2 weeks' notice if you want to get paid for your PTO hours accumulated.  Thanks! ...

Dear Friends: Please Give The Full Sentence
Aug 12, 2012

When asking for help, please give us a "running start" and as much info about the patient and their diagnosis as possible. Thanks. ...

So I Quit Last Week
Nov 23, 2013

and then, about 5 days later, get an email telling me I am scheduled for a Fluency refresher course.  The course is 4 hours long, scheduled 2 days before Thanksgiving (when we are all usually very busy) and on a day of the week when I had never worked.  (I had already told them I didn't need a Fluency refresher course but rather dictation I could understand and fewer than a dozen different accounts in 4 hours).  I guess I'm not really finished until I send back their com ...

2 Week Notice?
May 30, 2012

For those who have left MM, did you give 2 weeks notice and were you able to finish out your 2 weeks? I have another job offer I can't refuse and I don't even know who I turn in a 2 week notice too, and I'm nervous about being able to finish out the 2 weeks, or do they just let you go right then?  Any experience on this would be of great help. ...

Two-week Notice For PTO??
Jun 08, 2012

Does anyone know if there is a specific policy re putting in 2-week notice to get any PTO time not taken when you quit?  Trying to decide whether to give 2 weeks or not, but I definitely want to get my fews of PTO that I have left. Thanks! ...

Just Put In 2-week Notice
Dec 07, 2014

Scared crap-less right now. Absolutely no plans, but sick and tired of getting absolutely nowhere fast at this company. Have a few applications in, but whatever comes will come! ...

Two Week Notice!
Jan 26, 2015

Just gave my two week notice after notice of mandatory schedule change. Expect me to change my hours from 12:00-5:00 p.m. to 4:00-9:00 p.m.  Not going to happen. Nothing like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Good luck Mmodal. Hope the person who replaces me can do the job I did.  ...

One Full Week Down Of My New Job
Sep 08, 2013

I am the one that got the state job and I LOVED it!  During one of the training days, we ended about an hour early and the training person actually was concerned for us, because she didn't want us to have to lose an hour of pay on our checks.  She told us to let our supervisor know that we lost an hour and ask if we could make that up, if we wanted to, because she didn't want anyone's paycheck to suffer due to her finishing faster than she should have.   This was on ...

Anyone Know Of Any Companies Which Hire For About 15 Hours Per Week?
May 17, 2013

Just wondering if any of you know of any companies which are hiring part-time transcriptionists for 12 to 15 hours per week?  Thank you ...

If You Leave Without A 2-week Notice, Do You Still
Mar 14, 2013

I've about had all I can take and I'm not sure I even want to turn in a two-week notice. ...

Giving 2-week Notice?
Oct 14, 2014

Is Nuance still in the habit of cutting you off right away if you wish to give notice of leaving? I am nervous about taking the leap back into IC but need the flexibility, but what if it doesn't work out....what to do, what to do? I start training this week and want to give 2 weeks notice, just for the fact that I want to keep working around the same time of day that I am scheduled at Nuance - and goodness knows we can't work outside of our schedule  - so can't do both at th ...

IMEDX Do You Think They Really Want A 2-week Notice
Feb 11, 2015

Are you guys giving a notice? I really would prefer to leave faster than that. Not enough work to go around anyway. My accounts have not been lost but are super slow I imagine due to added MRs who have recently been added. ...

Not Even A Full Week Under Transcend And
Feb 06, 2010

already my primary is running out of work.  What kind of omen is that?  My backup accounts had very little work as well.  One of my coworkers told me PT and IC were told to stay off her primary the other day.  I thought we'd at least get 6 months in before we started scraping for work.  Is Transcend listed under the TAA?  If not, it should be.  That's all I'm really holding out for.  If they want to pay for me to go back to school, that sui ...

Wow. My TSM Takes A Full Week Of PTO About EVERY
Mar 12, 2015

exaggerating, either!  Just how much PTO do the TSMs get???  Just another injustice and shows how little they think of US, the ones who do the REAL work around here.  At the rate my TSM takes PTO, that must be no less than a month of PTO per year?   ...

Question On Handing In 2 Week Notice
Jul 14, 2011

Okay, I need to turn in notice and am wondering just who do you give it to? (WMX) Account manager? Someone in HR? By phone or e-mail? Never had to do this working at home and am kind of wondering about the etiquette for this. :) I'm going to search through the employee handbook, but since others have left recently, thought I'd find it quicker here. Thanks! ...