A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has you ever had it and just up and quit? not give a notice? - ncMT

Posted: Jan 21, 2011

I'm getting more and more frustrated with my company and their lack of good management, lack of respect, lack of intelligence, lack of manners, etc.  I have never not given a notice but they are really pushing my buttons and would love to just not show up for my shift.  I honestly don't even care at this point, I'm so disgusted.  Do I need the money??  Yes!!!  But I'm just not sure I can handle the stress anymore.

Yes - thinking about it pretty hard right now. Everyone says... - ndmt

[ In Reply To ..]
that the more crap they sling at you the better the transcriptionist you are, so for years, ever since starting in the field, I have pushed to learn new work types, new authors, new hospitals, new platforms, and countless, countless anal specifics for each and every doctor. My reward for this is yet another change to my job, effective immediately, and this one a deal breaker for me. If there is no notice for employees, I am not so concerned that there should be notice for the employers, either.

Unfortunately, employers play by different rules sometimes. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
They can change things without notice and you're expected to put up with it and shut up, or there's the door.

If we don't give notice, that could come back to bite you when or if you give that company's name in your work history. They've got the jobs and the field is overloaded with MTs. They can afford to be picky.

Much as it may gripe you, give a 2-week notice at least. You're better than they are, courteous and professional.

As SM says. Fantasize all you want, then take good - care of yourself in a professional manner. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

-Have you- rather.. can't even type correctly I'm so mad - nm......

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Not giving notice - Experienced MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Years ago I worked for MQ and they did some pretty rotten things to me and the other MTS. However, I was not going to let THEIR bad behavior dictate how I behaved. I chose to behave ethically and gave them proper notice when I quit. Although I loathe MQ, I have never regretted doing the right thing. I did it for me, not for them.

But one who works managment in bad company could end up - at another company you might apply SM

[ In Reply To ..]
to in the future. Wouldnt want my resume to end up in front of one I screwed in another life, lol.

Companies also give references, bad and good. Don't believe - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
they all only give out dates and job titles.

Not give notice - Frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
Only those who treat you with dignity and respect, and follow proper business protocol are entitled to notice. I have walked away on a few occasions and as far as my resume' is concerned, they do not exist! They did not warrant my wasting professionalism on them. Just make sure you have received your last check before you exit. Twenty years ago, I would have been ashamed of myself for leaving without giving at least 2 weeks notice, but the game has changed radically. MTs are simply warm bodies to fill chairs for them and free equipment and fingers to labor for them. Would they give you 2 weeks' notice if they knew in advance they were going to lose the account? I doubt it.

Yes. It felt good, too. Back in the cassette- - days, an employer cut my pay - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
in half by switching our small office from a pool, where we each picked up the oldest work when we came on our shift, to assigning us work. The garbage I was assigned cut my pay 50%. So I walked into the office and quit. Owner said, 'Don't quit - you're my best transcriptionist', and I said, if that's so, then why are you essentially giving me a 50% pay cut?' He just said, 'You'll type what I assign you to type'. So, I walked over to my cubicle, erased my entire evening's work, and erased about 2 days' worth of as yet un-transcribed cassettes. And walked out.

lol. That makes me feel good just reading about it. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

A related question - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
What if you are on a new job where you have worked less than month, that you find you absolutely hate and are making no money? Then, should 2 weeks' notice be given? I'm interested to hear your opinions.

Yes, always give a notice - unless there's a specific reason not to. - other than spite, I mean. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Give a notice and KEEP A COPY OF THAT LETTER FOREVER!!! I didn't keep mine, and recently found out I lost out on a job because of past company's reference; where they lied and I have no way now to prove it.

All these above posts are correct. Be professional. People switch jobs frequently in MT, including management. If you up and quit Company A today with no notice, (no matter if there's no work or not) and your manager or whatever at this point is Ms Thing, and 6 mos later you apply at Company B, and what a surprise, Ms Thing has also moved on in the meantime and is now the QA person or trainer or something.

Oops... That's going to be ugly...

Similar Messages:

Do You Give A Notice When You Quit A Job
Sep 02, 2013

The last 3 jobs I have had, the work would dwindle and dwindle to the point where I was making about $100 bucks a week.  I would apply/test and get a new job and never even tell the old company I quit and they never even ask!!  Eventually, I guess they remove me from their mailing list, because I stop getting the emails.  I feel like if the company communicated with me about the lack of work, just give me a heads up or let me know what is going on, I would be more thoughtful of a ...

New Hire, First Full Week To Work, Want To Quit - How Much Notice Should I Give ?
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

Quit Without Notice
Apr 10, 2010

I quit without notice.  I think if a company is professional and treat you as a professional they deserve the courtesy of notice.  However, I worked for a company where management and supervision would answer e-mail questions with "your question or message has been assigned a number.  Please refer to this number in future correspondence regarding this.  My GAWD.  Give me a break!  When I got an e-mail after I told them I was out of there asking me if I was ...

How Much Notice To Give?
Oct 22, 2013

When one gives a notice to terminate employment, does Nuance immediately remove your login for eScripton and Webclock or let you work until your last day? TIA ...

You Quit A Company W/o Notice And
Sep 11, 2011

You are told you are not eligible for rehire.  Then you go to work for another company who is then bought out by the first company.  The one you are not eligible for rehire with.  What happens?  Are you not offered option to stay on with them?  ...

How Much Notice Did You Give When Quitting MQ?
Oct 27, 2009

With the big pay cut & NJA all the time, I don't feel like I owe them a full 2 weeks!  Why do they need 2 weeks' notice when there's not enough work on the system anyway?  Curious how much notice others have given. ...

How Much Notice Does Nuance Give
Jun 18, 2012

How much notice does Nuance give the MTs on that account when a big client has dropped them, since they have known for a while?  ...

I Have Unused PTO. Does Anyone Know If I Have To Give Notice
Nov 17, 2012

Any and all thoughts welcome.  It states we do not have to give notice when we leave, but I am wondering if they would keep my unused PTO.  Thanks. ...

Should I Give 2 Week Notice
Jul 16, 2013

After just reviewing FIESA crap and having not received emails in days from TSM about reversals, I am to the point where i want out. I hate leaving a job without notice, but I am seriously sick of this place. I never intend on working here again, but not sure if I should give them notice. They make me feel like poo everytime I get my corrections back. ...

After You Give 2-week Notice...
Oct 31, 2014

...it is so gloriously hard to give a hoot!!  I used to work QA for M*Modal and whenever someone gave notice, we put them on 100% review.  I never understood that as well as I do now.  I am definitely not being quite as careful as I usually am.  I also am not stressing about my production numbers each day.  I wander around on Facebook, Amazon, and give in to the distractions I used to fight against.  Why not? What are they gonna do? Fire me???? I'd actually be ...

JUST THINK, WE ALL GIVE OUR 2 WEEKS NOTICE
Nov 08, 2014

Wouldn't it be nice to see us all give our 2 weeks notice at the same time.  McDonald's workers can go on strike, but we can't.  We don't even get minimum wage, so they have to give us MUP.  Then they complain about it and make it look like its our fault that there is no work and if you punch out everytime there is no work that just means you are going to get even less, so they don't have to pay you minimum wage for the hours you are sitting here searchin ...

My Coworker Quit - Apparently W/o Notice
Jun 18, 2012

I have watched with horror what you transcribed.  You have moved on.  I wish I could publicize your name and warn every MTSO in the sound of my voice about the destruction you cause.  If anyone deserves having their keyboard banned for life, it is you.  It's time you retire and stop desroying lives.  Thank you for the chance to give the clients a better report now that you are gone. ...

Nuance Sucks! I Just Quit. No Notice.
Dec 11, 2012

nm ...

Anyone Know If We Give A 1-week Notice Instead Of 2, Do We Still Get PTO Paid Out?...sm
Dec 14, 2011

I certainly hope so.  Not that I have much PTO left, but I really need it to be paid.  TIA! ...

Did You Give Landmark Transcription Any Notice
Aug 03, 2014

When there was all of a sudden no work any more? Or do they even care or notice whether you do or not.  Someone else is obviously doing the work so I'm thinking it won't matter much to give notice or not. ...

Get Paid For PTO Hours If You Don't Give 2 Weeks Notice?
May 23, 2012

Hello.  I'm considering quitting MModal and I need to know if you have to give 2 weeks' notice if you want to get paid for your PTO hours accumulated.  Thanks! ...

Seriously, Is TT Trying To Get Everyone To Quit?
Jan 26, 2010

Not only can I not get up to speed flip flopping back and forth between traditional work and VR each and every report, not only did they cut my pay for this not so great new platform, not only can I not change accounts because there is no work on anything but my account, not only has production incentive gotten completely out of my reach, and not only is this year's insurance not actually what I signed up for, but now the latest? Seriously WHAT IS UP?  I can&# ...

BOO HOO -- Can I Quit?
Feb 01, 2010

This is the first time I am transcribing an intubation procedure.  The doctor keeps stating that he used an instrument "Glide slope."  I can only find a GlideScope.  Is he mispronouncing the name of this instrument, or is there a Glide Slope? ...

Anyone Who Has Quit MQ
Mar 15, 2010

Just curious how long it took to get your 401K. I'm thinking about quitting, taking the penalty for cashing in the 401K and living on the rest while I look for a new job. Probably not the best strategy, but this FTR thing is really making me crazy. TIA ...

Want To Quit
Apr 07, 2010

How much notice should I give? ...

Everyone Quit!!
Apr 14, 2010

I am so serious.  Everyone needs to quit transcribing for a while.  We need to get this industry back to where we could actually make a decent living.  I am making less money now than I did 15 years ago.  It is absolutely ridiculous.  As long as we keep agreeing to all the junk that these transcription companies keep throwing at us, it will only continue to go downhill.  I really think I could make as much money at McDonald's than I am now.  Something ...

What Happens To PTO If You Quit?
Jun 01, 2010

I am thinking about starting to look around for another job and was wondering if I need to use up my PTO before I quit or will it be paid out?  If I have PTO saved up and put in my notice will they find a way not to give it to me?  Thanks! ...

QUIT MQ
Jun 15, 2010

Does anyone know about how many people have quit MQ in the past 6 months or so?  It seems that things are going from bad to worse recently.   ...

Quit Job?
Jul 14, 2010

I am thinking about quiting my job at the hospital to try and work from home, but after reading some of the postings here i am wondering if that is such a good idea. Is there really a shortage of work out there? Do i dare take the chance?   jkl ...

Can You Get TAA If You Quit?
Jul 15, 2010

This job has become so impossible to make any money.  I am below min wage on SR, and now they are sending off a bunch of our accounts to Global.  I technically still have work and have not been laid off.  Is TAA possible if the company still has work for us to do?  Can part-time workers get this too or only full-timers?  Many thanks to anyone who answers this.  I did read some of the DOL website but could not find this info.  ...

Does MQ Pay Your PTO If You Quit?
Aug 13, 2010

Does anyone know if MQ is good about paying you for accumulated PTO if you quit or do you have to fight them for it? ...

About To Quit
Jan 05, 2011

I am about to quit MQ due to a health condition and was unable to find in MQCentral the Resignation policy anywhere. Can someone tell me where I can find it.   Thanks ...

MQ WANTS US TO QUIT
Jul 12, 2011

CBAY would prefer to outsource all of the work to India where they can get it done for much cheaper.  To top it off, we do QA for them thus training them to take our jobs!  I'm outta there! ...

I HAVE HAD IT AND I ALSO QUIT
Aug 17, 2011

The pay cut hit me hard last PP and now, this is the third day in a row that not even an hour into my shift I'm out of work.  I don't have any PTO to fall back on and the NJA rate is just as bad...  I went to a friend and practically begged for a job until I find something else.  I'll be cashiering and doing store clerk duties for a little more than 10 bucks an hour.  I feel silly, because he usually hires high school kids and kids in their 20s, you know a ...

Has Anyone Quit...
Aug 27, 2011

and gotten paid for your remaining PTO?  Just curious before I attempt to jump into something different.  Totally willing to work out a 2-week notice. ...