A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Not even a full week under Transcend and - sm

Posted: Feb 06, 2010

already my primary is running out of work.  What kind of omen is that?  My backup accounts had very little work as well.  One of my coworkers told me PT and IC were told to stay off her primary the other day.  I thought we'd at least get 6 months in before we started scraping for work. 

Is Transcend listed under the TAA?  If not, it should be.  That's all I'm really holding out for.  If they want to pay for me to go back to school, that suits me.  I'd like to get my coding cert and go back to in-house. 

See? Companies hire so many to get the work done. - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
It seems all companies hire as many MT's as they can get. Company tells clients we can get the work done in 12 hours versus the 24 hours that really needs to be done. Then the companies look good when the work is done in 1 hour versus 12 versus 24 hours. Companies only care about clients, not MT's.

We are treated like CRAP. I fell like a worker standing on the curb of 32nd and Cave Creek in Phoenix along with a whole bunch of other illegal workers waiting for the next job and once it is done, they toss back on the curb scrounging for another job.

THIS IS NOT A PROFESSION ANYMORE!!! We need to voice our opinion to the website below.

Nothing would change? - longtimemt

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought you MDIers were told that nothing would change for you? You'd still have your same accts and all the work you had before? Aren't you even on a different platform? As far as I know no one else at Transcend uses Bayscribe so how can they be giving your work to someone else? I knew the honeymoon wouldn't last but I'm surprised at home fast you guys have run out of work or doing less than you used to...not even a week. Welcome to Transcend.

Sadly, before the official change date of 2/1 we were already getting threatened sm - sad ex-MDIer

[ In Reply To ..]
That if we were not covering weekends, etc. blah, blah, blah, that they would have no choice but to have our Indian "partners" step in to take the work. Yet when we are sitting without work to do, all is strangely quiet from their end.

Indian partners? Meaning the ones who were sold into prostitution? - Or the others?

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Sad ex-MDIer - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Sure it's quiet from their end. They're too busy enjoying the 16 million that they got from selling us out.

I think they started offshoring about Sept/Oct - Happy exMDIer

[ In Reply To ..]
The work dried up on previously busy accounts seemingly overnight. I had cut back to only part-time when it started and STILL couldn't get my 700 lines per day. I got a snotty call from CB tellng me since I wasn't meeting the minimum I would be relegated to per diem. I informed her how could I get 700 lines per day when there was NOT ENOUGH WORK to do so?

The odd thing was that really caught my attention is, prior to CBs lovely call, I would be on at all hours, chained to the computer 24/7, trying to scrape in those 700 lines around my other job.

These jobs were all on Bayscribe; each subcategory had its own column showing how many jobs/minutes were available. Well, let's say there was nothing on the system but a smattering of Urology reports. I'd be transcribing those, get the "no more jobs" message, and lo and behold...While I was transcribing Urology reports, 242 minutes of Hem/Onc work would show up literally out of nowhere. I'd start to transcribe those just to realize the jobs were 1-2 days on, as if they'd been sitting "somewhere," fell out of TAT and were brought back for us to clean up.

NEVER EVER EVER had work been allowed to sit for 1-2 days without being done there; like Rumpelstiltskin, CB would have demanded your firstborn child if you let an account fall out of TAT.

Yeah, this all began BEFORE the Transcend merger was announced.

I think that work was being outsourced/offshored quite a few weeks before the official announcement.

I'm so glad I detached my pony from THAT sinking buggy.

My sympathies to all of you still there trying to survive.

What is TAA? nm - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
x

See message - MedQuist is part of it

[ In Reply To ..]

MedQuist is part of it.  Tons of information on the MedQuist Board.

Here is what the MTStars Moderaters posted:

MedQuist Employees: Job Retraining - TAA

Posted By: Moderator on 2010-01-09

The following information is being provided as a courtesy for MedQuist posters.  DO NOT CONTACT MTSTARS FOR MORE INFORMATION.

Links for information on job retraining (TAA - Trade Adjustment Act) involving the company MedQuist are below.  Contact your local Department of Workforce Services office with your questions or any of the contacts  provided in the links:

http://www.doleta.gov/ETA_News_Releases/eta20091212.htm

http://www.doleta.gov/tradeact/

All accounts fluctuate in volumes sooner or later. - You must not have much experience.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Fluctuating accounts - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
It is only common sense that accounts fluctuate from time to time, i.e. Monday mornings, days following a major holiday, etc. But you are singing a different tune when the work is there and Transcend is limiting your availability to work and get any reports - it has nothing to do with experience - unless you mean you are limited to work types -and then again Transcend still limits work availability. I had worked on my accounts for 3 plus years leading up to the merge and never was out of work except with the above mentioned circumstances - and now I am getting no jobs - it does not make sense.

or maybe I was one of the MDIers who waited - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
all last summer for the "ebb and flow" to rebalance.

Some people just gotta smack you when you're down, don't they? Thanks. Nice.

I am ex-MDI who did not wait - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I could see the hatchet job that had been done to us and bailed right out of there after having nearly lost my home from believing their "We don't know where the work is" baloney sausage all last summer. I wonder how many MTs were driven to bankruptcy by MDI's duplicity? What they did to their loyal MTs is the biggest disillusionment I have ever had. Face it, guys (and gals), they used us, pure and simple. MDI in the end was no different than any other opportunistic company a la the style of Medquist.
I didn't wait to apply but - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I did wait for an offer. I finally got a good-paying FT job outside of MTing but I need to keep this gig for about 4 more months to pay off the bills I accumulated during this mess. The last thing I want to do now is start all over with another company for just 4 months.

I hope you're new job is working out well for you. Congrats!
You were "smart", I KNEW how the thing would go sm - darlene
[ In Reply To ..]
I kept reading the posts, how LONG they kept hanging on, saying how much checks were such and such week. They knew all along what was happening with the work, it made me sad to see how the MDI MTs were trying to give benefit of doubt. No conscious (MDI/Transcend)and I do understand selling company etc., getting out from under the stress, but good heavens, some were experiencing low/no work for almost a year some said, and kept hanging in there. AND, I had wanted to work there. Nope. Transcend 2 weeks and quit. They did not even tell me was being hired for VR. Yet, THEY KNEW. Good character counts. The knewwwww the MTs should start sending out resume when it was announced., I knewwwww, not to hang in there more
Darlene - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, they knew, yet they took advantage, putting families and homes at risk. They lied (yes, LIED) by saying that they did not know where the work was. They LIED when they told us they were getting a huge account in September and there would be tons of work. What will they LIE about in the future? They might have gotten 16 million dollars from selling their company, but even 16 mil cannot buy an ounce of character.
They are no different than Transcend. The lies that come forth freely from management - not unusual
[ In Reply To ..]
down to and including team leads is unbelievable. They don't even bat an eye when lying, just a standard procedure. I used to believe a few of them, but now I know you cannot do that, they are all cut out of the same cookie cutter. Might even be pathologic liars in those positions since some of what they lie about does not make any difference one way or another, but they still lie constantly, even when the truth is published someplace. How can they even live with themselves? Is this what they are teaching their children to be like? No wonder the world is in trouble.
your are correct and sooo sorry. listen/believe your gut; move on - darlene
[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately, women by nature, want to give benefit of doubt and WAIT TO SEE.
Ever heard of Mya Angelo (writer) she said, "when they show you who they ARE, believe them."

Don't accept crap when you have been ethical and showing character yourself.
BEING USED - tired MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked most of last year at MDI and I thought I would stick around to see what Transcend had to offer. I almost lost my house too. I was in foreclosure since July 2009 until January 2010. I have a reduced payment but I still need money for that! This is the first week and there is no work. I went full time, need 35-40 hours and at least 10,000 lines per pay period. I got maybe 20 hours, and nowhere enough lines. So Is transcend going to fire all of us now since we can't work full time because of no work? I am disgusted.

Fluctuating volumes - longtimemt

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry I've been in this business almost 20 years and I have never seen volumes so low for so long-when I had my own business I never experienced "fluctuating" volumes and I transcribed for major teaching hospitals and clinics in my area. My girls always had plenty of work. Its only since I have been working for a national that I heard that sorry excuse. That line in my experienced opinion is just that-a line.

Volumes - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
I have only been in an at home position for 4 years now and the 3 years prior to merging with Transcend I never experienced NO JOBS - except after a major holiday or maybe a Monday morning, but in those cases the work would always start flowing in. but I must point out I have always typed clinic work and not acute care. I bet you wish now you would have kept your own business.
own business - longtimemt
[ In Reply To ..]
Couldn't keep my own business I got undercut at one hospital and the other major hospital and all their clinics went to laptops so I was out. I
Sorry to hear that - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
Just proves times are rough for even the small business person, which is sad, as they create jobs for the US economy. Too bad you had to be forced into working for someone else, as once you are your own boss it is even harder to work for someone else; therefore, subjecting you to the vultures out there.
Lontimemt, Are you in CA? - CentralCA MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Are you in Central CA by any chance? Same story from my area with a woman who had a HUGE account (Kaiser), but someone undercut her and she had to cut loose many wonderful MTs because that had been her bread-and-butter account.

MDI/Transcend - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
In a prior post I had mentioned that you would notice a BIG difference in the first week - guess I was right. They told me during a prior merge everthing would stay the same, etc. The only difference is you would be getting paid from Transcend. Did not take long to figure out that was a deceitful lie. I would not open up a can of worms with TAA, as you will need a letter from Transcend. I would just apply for unemployment even if it is only partial because once you start getting unemployment benefits of any kind they strongly URGE you to attend their career center and will give you all the info you need such as schooling, etc. Wait and pursue that avenue once you have looked out for yourself and start getting unemployment benefits. Trust me on this one. If you were hired for PT/FT and they are not giving you work for your scheduled hours you are entitled to unemployment.

RLee is right - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You ARE entitled to unemployment. Keep good records of when you log on and off. If you have any old e-mails from D, C and the rest of the rah-rah team that state how wonderful this new opportunity was going to be or anything like that, take it along to show the unemployment office. You all, in the parlance of the law, relied on their representations to your detriment.

At least you have the option to do in-house coding - Not everyone can work in house

[ In Reply To ..]
Good for you for getting your coding education. I may have misunderstood. Did you say you were getting it or thinking about it?

Been with transcend forever, 6 accounts and still no work. - same here

[ In Reply To ..]
They are trying to keep everyone's line counts down so they cannot get benefits. Another one of this low class management company's way to save money and give themselves raises and perks. Transcend is the worst. I don't think medquist was ever this down and out dirty even at its worst.

no work - tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked a total of 30 min yesterday. Why? No work across 3 accounts. And the time saver thing is dumb. It wastes my time and does not do a thing to save it. This past week only did 25 hours, supposed to be 40. The problem with MDI/transcend is that when they have a lot of work, they call in everybody who is not supposed to be working that day to do Large Volume of work that is not due for 24-48 hours and then the next day comes and guess what, no work for the people who are scheduled to work.

You've hit the nail on the head. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I can understand the push for clearing the queue this past weekend with the storm and the threat that servers may go down and leave us swamped and out of TAT when everything is back up and running. But I don't understand the major push to get EVERYONE on the accounts when it gets up to about 200 minutes of dictation. We have almost 20 people on a particular account that I have and when it starts reaching 200 minutes, we get emails calling for all primaries and secondaries to come clear the work. We have 12 and 24-hour TAT on most of these work types, with 6-hour TAT on most others, except for stats. Why do we need the big push to get it all cleaned out within a couple hours???

Our daily TAT emails have said our average TAT is less than a hour. And here we sit with no work.

I wonder that too - MDI/trans MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have wondered that too. Many times now there is just enough work for the people who type on these accounts, and then they call anyone and everyone to come right away and clear it out..well there goes my line for that day/evening.

I second that - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Sick of it - EXMQEXMDIsoontobeexTranscend

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree, same thing happens to me all the time on my account. I scratch and scratch for work, finally we get some (like you say about 200 minutes), then they call the calvary in and they clean it up and I'm out of work again -- yet I am told not to go on my secondaries so the primaries have work!!

Similar Messages:

One Full Week Down Of My New Job
Sep 08, 2013

I am the one that got the state job and I LOVED it!  During one of the training days, we ended about an hour early and the training person actually was concerned for us, because she didn't want us to have to lose an hour of pay on our checks.  She told us to let our supervisor know that we lost an hour and ask if we could make that up, if we wanted to, because she didn't want anyone's paycheck to suffer due to her finishing faster than she should have.   This was on ...

Wow. My TSM Takes A Full Week Of PTO About EVERY
Mar 12, 2015

exaggerating, either!  Just how much PTO do the TSMs get???  Just another injustice and shows how little they think of US, the ones who do the REAL work around here.  At the rate my TSM takes PTO, that must be no less than a month of PTO per year?   ...

Does Anyone Get A Full Week Of Work Anymore?
Jun 02, 2015

It is so exhausting trying to get your hours in with all the OOW. I can't apply for partial UE because I have another part time job (which also makes it difficult to sit here waiting for work all hours of the day), but I definitely would if Nuance was my only job. The reason I have another job is I get absolutely too depressed being at the mercy of the goddawful FIESA and nitpicky QA. It's absolutely disgusting the amount of OOW, even adding account after account, they are all out of ...

Only 9 Hours This Week And Full-time With Benefits And
Dec 27, 2012

happen before and I have another part-time job so I can't keep checking back and forth all day everyday to make up time. Anyone else every been in this situation? Tomorrow is Friday and I am not even close to 20 hours let alone 39?? I have put in tickets in remedy, but just curious if anyone else has ever been in this situation and what was the outcome? ...

39 Hours Is Considered The Full Week Correct? So We Just Need
Jan 01, 2015

put in enough unpaid hours to equal that? ...

If You Drop To 35 Hours/week, Do You Still Get All The Full-time Benefits?
Dec 15, 2014

I'd like to drop 5 hours, but not if I have to pay more for health insurance, etc. ...

New Hire, First Full Week To Work, Want To Quit - How Much Notice Should I Give ?
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

Transcend Full Time Status Quotas
Apr 27, 2011

I'm a newbie at Transcend and find I like it more than expected based on board comments.  I am also new to VR - and also find that I like that too!  My question is this, for any long-time Transcenders...I am nowhere near making the minimum $$ amount required for full-time status, which I was hired at.  What happens after the 90 day trial period -   Do you think I would be let go??  I would like to just be considered part-time at that point.  ...

Not A Week Goes By That Transcend
Aug 14, 2010

Usually they post on MTStars Job Seeker's Board, but today I noticed they have a job ad on another MT related job site and not this board. Maybe they are not getting enough bites on this board and are now seeking other avenues. They ought to keep the MTs they have now BUSY!!!! I would be curious to know how many of their MTs get their guota in their scheduled 8-hour shift and are not chasing jobs on a daily and consistent basis. The other 2 big companires are not hiring on a weekly basis ...

Transcend Shows Its Appreciation For MT Week...
May 18, 2010

...with a pay cut.  Way to raise moral and keep employees happy guys!  Wow, wish I could think of a good way to return the favor and show my appreciation. ...

WOW-QA People Are Bailing Out Of Transcend-last Week
Mar 23, 2012

no QA jobs, now 7!!!  Got a guess where they are going-just left myself?  The Nuance side of the fence suddenly looks pretty inviting for Transcend people.  If you have been through a buy-out before, they say nothing is going to change, but it is a lie (been through 2 in 6 months) -BAIL OUT OF THE SHIP NOW WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A LIFE VEST! ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Ex-full-term Vs Ex Fullterm Vs Ex-full Term
Jan 04, 2012

Describing an infant ...

S/l Full CVA?
Nov 07, 2009

HELP!  Sounds like full CVA??? ...

Full Cor
Feb 26, 2012

Anybody ever type "full cor" before?  as in full code.  This patient is 87. ...

Anyone Full-time At TTS?
Dec 01, 2009

I am curious about a full-time position at a company called TTS.  For those full-time, is the work steady.  How many lines/week do you average there?  Is there overtime available? Thanks! ...

Capful Or Cap Full
Nov 18, 2010

Is it a capful of medication, or cap full? I can't find anything to verify either. Help appreciated! ...

First Full Day Off In 2 Weeks!
Dec 18, 2011

It's a family day! I hope you all have a great day! :) ...

Full Of Compassion
Jan 21, 2012

A few days ago I emailed my CCM to tell here that my brother had died and I had to take some time off.  Her reply was that bereavement was only paid to full-time employees and to remind me of how many days of unpaid time off I could take each year.  ...

Full Time MLS And Full Time Mom
Mar 14, 2012

Was wondering if it is realistic for me to expect to maintain full time MLS status and be a full time mom to a 3 month old?  Anyone have experience with this? Thanks :) ...

FULL-TIME IC??
Mar 28, 2012

If you work full-time for one company, doesn't that put you in the category of employee?  It seems to me that a company that advertises for full-time ICs is actually inviting investigation by the IRS and Labor Board. ...

Are You Required To Take Full 8 Hrs PTO For A Day Off?
Jun 08, 2012

s ...

Have Any Of You MME's Gone From Full-time-sm
Jun 28, 2012

with benefits to part-time with no benefits?  How does that change things for you? I've never run out of work before.  Do they give less work to the part-timers?  Should I anticipate any changes at all? ...

NJA Again After A Full Weekend Of NJA
Jul 09, 2012

and yet my CCM sent out a message requesting assistance on one of my accounts for this coming weekend.  What the blazes!  I have had NJA on all but one of those days she is requesting help for the last couple months.  What is she thinking?  It is quite obvious that the account is over staffed on a couple of those days and we will not need the help this week.  Its frustrating as I am barely making enough to live on as it is due to constant NJA and now she is asking for he ...

Want To Know Where Your Pay Cut Went? Someone's Pockets Are Full!!
Dec 10, 2012

http://www.nuance.com/company/news-room/press-releases/2012-11-19-Nuance-Q412-Press-Release.doc ...

Do You Have To Be Full Time
Apr 15, 2013

Thanks for the help.  I cant work over 35 hours per week, but wanted to try for the MME position. ...