A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Did you give Landmark Transcription any notice - Ex-MT

Posted: Aug 03, 2014

When there was all of a sudden no work any more? Or do they even care or notice whether you do or not.  Someone else is obviously doing the work so I'm thinking it won't matter much to give notice or not.

Or me, the work dried up, kept getting called off - beenthere

[ In Reply To ..]
work, so I just stopped checking, never heard at thing from them (K). This happened to several others I know also.

I never gave a notice - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there for two years. The last six month my worked dried up so I just stopped logging in one day. They never even noticed. I have never heard from them again. Maybe they did notice, but the work there is so low they don't care if you quit.

no work - me to

[ In Reply To ..]
I am at the point right now. I have had 2 reports all day. My July checks did not come cloee to paying my monthly bills. I am looking somewhere else for other than MT work. Enough of this stuff and they say lack of work is because of the Holiday. Well that has come and gone, now what?

I gave notice, but they never responded to it - Ex-LM

[ In Reply To ..]
I left Landmark about 6-7 months ago after working there for about 2-1/2 years. The account I was on didn't run out of work all that often, but I just wasn't able to make a decent living there at all after the account went completely to VR. I tried to stick it out and tried to be positive, but in the end, I simply wasn't making nearly enough money, so I decided that it was time to move on. I sent an email giving my 2 weeks notice once I had found a new job, but I never even got so much as a reply acknowledging it. Real nice, huh? I ended up not even working out the entire 2 weeks and just immediately started at my new job and I still never heard from K. It doesn't really matter to me anyway since I'll never work there again. I do know a couple of people who have left there and didn't bother giving notice and they never even heard from anyone asking where they were and why they weren't working. That company is a complete mess.

I am amazed that this company stays in business - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I did not give a notice there either after my account pretty much dried up and I never got a response from any of my emails about a backup account. I just left and never heard a peep from anyone. I even sent an email that they may want to disable my ID and password because it was still active, but still never heard anything from anyone. There is zero communication at Landmark and I am shocked that they can stay in business running their company that way.

Flip-side of the coin - Beach Glass Lover

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm on an ER account that has a terrible time staying in TAT (in the 7 months a year it has abundant work). We keep getting scolded about doing all we can to help keep the account current, etc... We've gone from almost 95% straight typing to about 95% editing instead. Sometimes, it really helps if the stick actually has a carrot dangling on it to encourage me to continue on, especially after a couple of years of this.

That sounds like the account I was on - Ex-LM

[ In Reply To ..]
We may have been on the same account. I was also on a busy ER account that used to be mostly straight typing with only a little bit of VR, but during the last year or so that I was there, like you said, it went to about 95% VR. The VR on that account was horrible and just about all of the reports I got had to be erased and straight typed from scratch for half the pay and it never improved. What a joke. My several emails asking for a different account were always ignored. I was glad to get out of there.

I never gave notice either - beachgal

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there for years. It got to the point where there was barely any work coming in, so I just stopped logging in. My absence was never acknowledged. I was even still getting the schedule e-mails.

One day months and months later, just for kicks, I decided to see if my password and log in still worked. Indeed it did, so I decided to log on and do a little work. THEN, I got an e-mail finally from K asking what I was doing.

I am so tired of no work. sm - Used to like LM

[ In Reply To ..]
Now, I am just burned out. I am tired of trying to squeeze reports out of a day and fight other people for work. I'm looking for a job in other fields and hope to hear back on something soon. The worst thing is the attrition. Just let people go, for pity's sake, and let them at least get unemployment and/or qualify for retraining. Just pulling work forces people to either quit or go broke.

Similar Messages:

How Much Notice To Give?
Oct 22, 2013

When one gives a notice to terminate employment, does Nuance immediately remove your login for eScripton and Webclock or let you work until your last day? TIA ...

How Much Notice Did You Give When Quitting MQ?
Oct 27, 2009

With the big pay cut & NJA all the time, I don't feel like I owe them a full 2 weeks!  Why do they need 2 weeks' notice when there's not enough work on the system anyway?  Curious how much notice others have given. ...

Has You Ever Had It And Just Up And Quit? Not Give A Notice?
Jan 21, 2011

I'm getting more and more frustrated with my company and their lack of good management, lack of respect, lack of intelligence, lack of manners, etc.  I have never not given a notice but they are really pushing my buttons and would love to just not show up for my shift.  I honestly don't even care at this point, I'm so disgusted.  Do I need the money??  Yes!!!  But I'm just not sure I can handle the stress anymore. ...

How Much Notice Does Nuance Give
Jun 18, 2012

How much notice does Nuance give the MTs on that account when a big client has dropped them, since they have known for a while?  ...

I Have Unused PTO. Does Anyone Know If I Have To Give Notice
Nov 17, 2012

Any and all thoughts welcome.  It states we do not have to give notice when we leave, but I am wondering if they would keep my unused PTO.  Thanks. ...

Should I Give 2 Week Notice
Jul 16, 2013

After just reviewing FIESA crap and having not received emails in days from TSM about reversals, I am to the point where i want out. I hate leaving a job without notice, but I am seriously sick of this place. I never intend on working here again, but not sure if I should give them notice. They make me feel like poo everytime I get my corrections back. ...

Do You Give A Notice When You Quit A Job
Sep 02, 2013

The last 3 jobs I have had, the work would dwindle and dwindle to the point where I was making about $100 bucks a week.  I would apply/test and get a new job and never even tell the old company I quit and they never even ask!!  Eventually, I guess they remove me from their mailing list, because I stop getting the emails.  I feel like if the company communicated with me about the lack of work, just give me a heads up or let me know what is going on, I would be more thoughtful of a ...

After You Give 2-week Notice...
Oct 31, 2014

...it is so gloriously hard to give a hoot!!  I used to work QA for M*Modal and whenever someone gave notice, we put them on 100% review.  I never understood that as well as I do now.  I am definitely not being quite as careful as I usually am.  I also am not stressing about my production numbers each day.  I wander around on Facebook, Amazon, and give in to the distractions I used to fight against.  Why not? What are they gonna do? Fire me???? I'd actually be ...

JUST THINK, WE ALL GIVE OUR 2 WEEKS NOTICE
Nov 08, 2014

Wouldn't it be nice to see us all give our 2 weeks notice at the same time.  McDonald's workers can go on strike, but we can't.  We don't even get minimum wage, so they have to give us MUP.  Then they complain about it and make it look like its our fault that there is no work and if you punch out everytime there is no work that just means you are going to get even less, so they don't have to pay you minimum wage for the hours you are sitting here searchin ...

Anyone Know If We Give A 1-week Notice Instead Of 2, Do We Still Get PTO Paid Out?...sm
Dec 14, 2011

I certainly hope so.  Not that I have much PTO left, but I really need it to be paid.  TIA! ...

Get Paid For PTO Hours If You Don't Give 2 Weeks Notice?
May 23, 2012

Hello.  I'm considering quitting MModal and I need to know if you have to give 2 weeks' notice if you want to get paid for your PTO hours accumulated.  Thanks! ...

New Hire, First Full Week To Work, Want To Quit - How Much Notice Should I Give ?
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

Landmark Transcription In PA
Mar 05, 2010

Anyone with information on this company, good or bad.     ...

Landmark Transcription Out Of PA?
Jun 14, 2011

Do any of you work for Landmark Transcription out of PA?  I'm looking for information regarding work flow, scheduling, etc. please.  Thanks so much  ...

Anyone Know Anything About Landmark Transcription
Mar 07, 2011

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about Landmark Transcription? ...

Landmark Transcription - Got The 411 On Them?
Aug 27, 2013

anybody got the 411 on them? ...

Can Anyone Give Me Info On Breitner Transcription
May 04, 2014

Can anyone give me info on Breitner?  I was offered a job with them via email after testing for them (no phone interview?).... the job offer was good, better than most out there as far as my preferred schedule and money but I cannot find much info regarding how they are to work for, workflow, QA, support, etc.  Just looking for some reassuring info please.... Thank you so much! ...

Information You Could Give Me On Paragon Transcription
May 22, 2014

I would like any information you could give me on Paragon Transcription.   Thank you.   ...

Landmark Transcription - Very Disappointed
Jan 15, 2010

Was hired by this company for a large hospital new account.  Owner said she was excited about hiring 40 MTs.  There has never been more than a few jobs per day.  It is definitely overflor and there is not a lot of that.  Not enough work for even part time.  Very vague about any further work.  Am very disappointed.  Owner does not have a grip on reality. ...

Landmark Transcription - Good Or Bad?
Feb 16, 2010

Any comments good or bad on this company? ...

Landmark Transcription - Platform?
Mar 06, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knew what type of platform this company uses, and if they  are currently using VR.  Is there anything particular you MAY NOT like about this company or things you REALLY LIKE  about them?  I'd appreciate hearing about them.  Thanks  . ...

Landmark Transcription Any Experience?
Mar 23, 2010

Anybody have any experience with Landmark Transcription, good or bad? ...

Landmark Transcription Just My 2 Cents
Jun 21, 2010

I find it interesting that this posted at all, as when I was there starting part-time to consider full-time, supposedly my acct was "terminated" without notice. Now they suddenly have work?  I don't know....kind of puts the gut on alert IMO.  Just my 2 cents. ...

Does Anyone Know If There Is New Management At Landmark Transcription
May 07, 2011

Does anyone know if there is new management at Landmark? ...

Landmark Transcription Having Not Much Work?
Jun 29, 2011

I'm a newbie with Landmark. After reading the many posts on here regarding them not having much work, I realized I should have taken heed. Just the other day, I was logged in for almost 6 hours and only received 5 jobs! Anyone else have any similar experiences with them? Anything good or bad? I'd love to hear about some recent experiences.   Thanks so much! ...

What Platform Does Landmark Transcription Use?nm
Jul 14, 2011

nm   ...

Landmark Transcription Information?
Jul 15, 2011

Does anyone have any information about Landmark Transcription.  Do they have benefits? ...

Landmark Transcription - Any Info
Aug 30, 2011

Hi, anyone have any info on Landmark? Good? Bad?   Thanks ...

Landmark Transcription - I Think I Goofed
Apr 07, 2012

I think I may have made a HUGE error. After not reading and researching enough on site here I sent Landmark Transcription my resume. It wasn't until it was sent I discovered some of the messages from last year saying they are always out of work !! Just what I or any of us would need - sign on with a company who has no work. I left Soft Script because of that. Good grief, I wish I had seen all the feedback earlier. Live and learn I guess. ...

Anyone Here Work With Landmark Transcription
Jan 07, 2013

Anyone here work with Landmark?  Just want to ask a couple of questions.  I won't gab. Email me at scopekatherine at yahoo.  thanks ...