A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

JUST THINK, WE ALL GIVE OUR 2 WEEKS NOTICE - CINDY

Posted: Nov 08, 2014

Wouldn't it be nice to see us all give our 2 weeks notice at the same time. 

McDonald's workers can go on strike, but we can't.  We don't even get minimum wage, so they have to give us MUP.  Then they complain about it and make it look like its our fault that there is no work and if you punch out everytime there is no work that just means you are going to get even less, so they don't have to pay you minimum wage for the hours you are sitting here searching for work.   

TRUTHFULLY, WE are all really part-time, hired to work 40 hours but only get 20-25 hours worth of work and we have to fend on our own.  I would rather be scheduled 20-25 hours and have work in that time than just keep searching for work, when I could be doing another job if I had certain hours or cleaning my house or studying for something.  They are so afraid of being understaffed that they overstaff and we are seeig the results of this, our paychecks being so low, it's not even enough to pay my lightbill yet along anything else.  At least at anyplace, McDonalds, grocery stores, department stores you are given a schedule and you are there no matter if there is anything for you to do or not and you don't get docked because there are no customers coming in or there is nothing for you to do.  How this job ever got to this point is really undescribable.  And its not just these 2 companies. 

Then they have the nerve to complain that we are not doing enough lines.  We should all file a lawsuit against them for false hiring or something. 

What's that they say? we can dream can't we - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Can't even get a bunch of us together to have the flu for a couple of days. That would bring it home as well. When your beaten into submission, that is the response you get.

Yet, you just sit there and take it instead of - retraining for another job.

[ In Reply To ..]
This has been going on for years. A decade, at least. Why are you still sitting there complaining about it when you should have been retraining for another job?

You say you hate the way you are treated. You can't make enough to pay your light bill. The work itself frustrates others, with the ASR, hateful managers, and miserable doctors.

Yet you are all still there.

Sounds more like the complaining is some kind of hobby.

I agree - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I only stayed as a trade off, so I could stay home and raise my boys. I have another income and am close to total retirement, so it is just not in my plans. If I were new here, I would sure be looking. I hear people all the time, "You transcribe? I want to get into that" Then I talk to them and they wisely decide against it.

RETRAINING - CINDY

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been retraining since January 2012. I'm taking my LPN test in December, and once that is passed I will be out of here. I am mainly complaining for everyone after I realize all the *** that is going down with these companies. I actually retrained before that for CNA and worked at it for a year, but when they ran out of work I came back to MT. Even CNA was better, getting paid by the hour.

These transcription companies are really unbelievable and I have worked for many in the past years, but the past 5 years have been the worst.

Gee, what a novel idea! - A new improved job magically awaits

[ In Reply To ..]

I've been looking for a new job for 6 months.  There's no sense in taking a job that is just a lateral move - no sense in that at all.  The only jobs I've seen advertised on multiple sites are exactly the same as the job I currently have.  Same exact sweatshop pay, same situations of running out of work and requiring you to come back off your shift (after already spending 10-12 hours online waiting on work or grabbing it like vultures when it does come in...)... same old same-o.

You don't really seriously think everyone who has a horrible job, horrible boss, etc., can just walk out or immediately find the solution elsewhere, do you?  If I were to just quit my horrible job right now, I'd lose my car, my house... my utilities would eventually be shut off, and my kids wouldn't eat.  So yes, please do enlighten all of those with crappy jobs as to how we magically find a replacement income at the snap of our fingers?

Similar Messages:

Get Paid For PTO Hours If You Don't Give 2 Weeks Notice?
May 23, 2012

Hello.  I'm considering quitting MModal and I need to know if you have to give 2 weeks' notice if you want to get paid for your PTO hours accumulated.  Thanks! ...

? About Two Weeks Notice
Mar 02, 2010

What if I don't give a 2 week notice?  Is it really gonna hurt me?  I doubt they give detailed information about what kind of employee you were.  Maybe just dates.  I have been with this company since the mid 90s and I hate to just up and leave like that, but I don't know if I can take it another day.  Every week its something new.  My pay is down to almost nothing.  With the type of reports I get, there is no way I'm making 5% and living with my ...

Do You Think It Is Necessary To Give 2 Weeks?
May 30, 2012

Do you think it is necessary to give 2 weeks notice if I am ALWAYS out of work. For example I should be done with my 8 hour shift in an hour and I am not even half way through the day due to being out of work on my primary and ALL of my back ups. I just do not see the point in it. What do you guys think? Thanks and I hope everyone has a great day!! :) ...

Two Weeks Notice
Jan 09, 2015

I put in my two week's notice and am now locked out of the system..........its this an usual tactic for MTSO services?  My boss asked me why I was quiting and I told her the truth, I got a job outside of transcription.  What gives?! ...

MModal And 2 Weeks Notice
Aug 31, 2012

Hi.  I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with giving MModal a 2 weeks notice?  Do they let you go immediately or do they let you work the 2 weeks?  I tried using search but there was no recent posts about this.   Thanks ...

Two Weeks Notice Question
Nov 15, 2012

I've seen this asked here before, but it didn't apply to me at the time, so I didn't read the notes closely.  Did anyone here give 2 weeks notice of leaving MM and still able to work that 2 weeks? Or did you get locked out?     ...

Nuance 2 Weeks Notice?
Feb 01, 2015

Hello. I found employment outside of Nuance (and outside of my home). I like my supervisor and want to give her 2-weeks notice but I'm concerned that I will get fired on the spot or lose my PTO. Has anyone given 2-weeks notice and left on a positive note?  ...

When You Give 2 Weeks Do They Actually Still Utilize You?
Apr 20, 2015

I guess this might vary from account to account and TSM to TSM, but was wondering for those who did provide 2 weeks did you work as usual? ...

I Just Gave 2 Weeks Notice. I Am Practically
Feb 22, 2010

giddy and dancing around the room.  At the last second I tried to cancel the e-mail, but it was too late.  Guess it was meant to be.  I have been with this company for 8 years, and they don't deserve me any longer.  ...

Should I Even Bother Giving 2 Weeks Notice?
Sep 05, 2014

Really getting fed up....virtually NO work since Labor Day....looking elsewhere and don't want to burn any bridges, but what's the point of giving M*Modal 2 weeks notice if there's no work to type and I could actually be making money at a new job in that 2 weeks' time?! ...

How Much Notice To Give?
Oct 22, 2013

When one gives a notice to terminate employment, does Nuance immediately remove your login for eScripton and Webclock or let you work until your last day? TIA ...

How Much Notice Did You Give When Quitting MQ?
Oct 27, 2009

With the big pay cut & NJA all the time, I don't feel like I owe them a full 2 weeks!  Why do they need 2 weeks' notice when there's not enough work on the system anyway?  Curious how much notice others have given. ...

Has You Ever Had It And Just Up And Quit? Not Give A Notice?
Jan 21, 2011

I'm getting more and more frustrated with my company and their lack of good management, lack of respect, lack of intelligence, lack of manners, etc.  I have never not given a notice but they are really pushing my buttons and would love to just not show up for my shift.  I honestly don't even care at this point, I'm so disgusted.  Do I need the money??  Yes!!!  But I'm just not sure I can handle the stress anymore. ...

How Much Notice Does Nuance Give
Jun 18, 2012

How much notice does Nuance give the MTs on that account when a big client has dropped them, since they have known for a while?  ...

I Have Unused PTO. Does Anyone Know If I Have To Give Notice
Nov 17, 2012

Any and all thoughts welcome.  It states we do not have to give notice when we leave, but I am wondering if they would keep my unused PTO.  Thanks. ...

Should I Give 2 Week Notice
Jul 16, 2013

After just reviewing FIESA crap and having not received emails in days from TSM about reversals, I am to the point where i want out. I hate leaving a job without notice, but I am seriously sick of this place. I never intend on working here again, but not sure if I should give them notice. They make me feel like poo everytime I get my corrections back. ...

Do You Give A Notice When You Quit A Job
Sep 02, 2013

The last 3 jobs I have had, the work would dwindle and dwindle to the point where I was making about $100 bucks a week.  I would apply/test and get a new job and never even tell the old company I quit and they never even ask!!  Eventually, I guess they remove me from their mailing list, because I stop getting the emails.  I feel like if the company communicated with me about the lack of work, just give me a heads up or let me know what is going on, I would be more thoughtful of a ...

After You Give 2-week Notice...
Oct 31, 2014

...it is so gloriously hard to give a hoot!!  I used to work QA for M*Modal and whenever someone gave notice, we put them on 100% review.  I never understood that as well as I do now.  I am definitely not being quite as careful as I usually am.  I also am not stressing about my production numbers each day.  I wander around on Facebook, Amazon, and give in to the distractions I used to fight against.  Why not? What are they gonna do? Fire me???? I'd actually be ...

Anyone Know If We Give A 1-week Notice Instead Of 2, Do We Still Get PTO Paid Out?...sm
Dec 14, 2011

I certainly hope so.  Not that I have much PTO left, but I really need it to be paid.  TIA! ...

Did You Give Landmark Transcription Any Notice
Aug 03, 2014

When there was all of a sudden no work any more? Or do they even care or notice whether you do or not.  Someone else is obviously doing the work so I'm thinking it won't matter much to give notice or not. ...

New Hire, First Full Week To Work, Want To Quit - How Much Notice Should I Give ?
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

Week, Weeks Or Weeks' History
Aug 25, 2012

still confused as to how or when to use the above mentioned. anyone? thank you, THMT ...

Pay For Last 2 Weeks
Jan 24, 2011

Just figured my pay on lines for the last 2 weeks.  Really depressing.  I figured it twice because I thought it just couldn't be right.  New Year sure isn't starting off well.  ...

Weeks Vs. Weeks'
Feb 09, 2011

Please clarify .... is it weeks or weeks' ?? The patient is a 21-year-old G2, P1-0-0-1 at 37 plus 1 weeks' gestation who presents ........ ...

NJA For Going On 3 Weeks?
Mar 20, 2013

I got switched to a new acct a little over a month ago and have been out of work on a daily basis for about 3 weeks.  Yesterday an email was sent that we would know this morning what the status is and still no word.  ARG!!!  Anyone else in the west know what is going on? ...

Two Weeks And I'm Gone
Nov 18, 2013

I just turned in my resignation.  Crazy to change jobs right before the holidays but I've done it before.  Cannot wait to start new job at smaller company for, yes, a little less pay but no corporate bigwigs and no offshores.  I feel free! ...

2-weeks
Jan 31, 2014

Hello fellow MT's, I saw that another MT posed this question and I thought it was a great idea to get a heads up before I do this. I plan on giving MM my 2 weeks very very very soon and I was wondering if anyone who has given 2 weeks at MM could tell me what happened immediately after they gave their notice? How they were treated, how PTO you have banked was handled, etc. Anything will be helpful. You can private e-mail me if you would like. Thank you in advance, it is very much appreciated ...

Almost 7 Weeks Since My Last Day And Still
Jul 22, 2014

How long does it take? ...

Help.. S/l EPO Cretin Every 2 Weeks
Jun 19, 2010

Dictator also says EPO therapy 40000 units every 2 weeks.  ...

8 Weeks Training To Become An MT (sm)
Jul 20, 2010

Why do these "schools" continue to advertise?  There is NO WAY someone can learn what we do in 8 weeks.  I am amazed at advertisements such as these!!! ...