A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

One full week down of my new job - TL

Posted: Sep 08, 2013

I am the one that got the state job and I LOVED it!  During one of the training days, we ended about an hour early and the training person actually was concerned for us, because she didn't want us to have to lose an hour of pay on our checks.  She told us to let our supervisor know that we lost an hour and ask if we could make that up, if we wanted to, because she didn't want anyone's paycheck to suffer due to her finishing faster than she should have.   This was only ONE HOUR that they didn't want us to lose.  It is such a difference from working for the MTSOs these days, who could care less if we even make half of what we anticipate making.  It was also so nice to work with "real people" again, have people call you by name, want to introduce you to other departments or workers, want to take you to lunch, etc.  For those of you trying to get out, keeping trying.  It took me a few months of looking, but I honestly feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me now that I'm not sitting at my computer stressing and praying that work will come through.

Congratulations! - Happy for you!

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so happy for you, and I know that you will be great at your new job! I did the same thing....went to work for the state in 2010. Still doing MT work evenings and weekends for a wonderful smaller MTSO. It's the perfect scenario. Hopefully you can make ends meet with the state job alone. I can't, unfortunately, so I'm thankful to still have my MT part-time job. There are SO many perks working for the state! You'll have a fabulous benefits package, with health insurance that starts on day 1 (at least mine did) and lots of paid vacation and sick leave. We also have 2 additional "personal days" covered. Not to mention all the time off around major holidays. You deserve it!

? - guru

[ In Reply To ..]
Congrats!

What does that mean "working for the state"? Does that mean you get a job working in-house at a "state-run" hospital like the VA? How many cpl does it pay?

The VA is federal, not state - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
The VA also pays hourly salaries, not piecework.

not an MT job. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Not Even A Full Week Under Transcend And
Feb 06, 2010

already my primary is running out of work.  What kind of omen is that?  My backup accounts had very little work as well.  One of my coworkers told me PT and IC were told to stay off her primary the other day.  I thought we'd at least get 6 months in before we started scraping for work.  Is Transcend listed under the TAA?  If not, it should be.  That's all I'm really holding out for.  If they want to pay for me to go back to school, that sui ...

Wow. My TSM Takes A Full Week Of PTO About EVERY
Mar 12, 2015

exaggerating, either!  Just how much PTO do the TSMs get???  Just another injustice and shows how little they think of US, the ones who do the REAL work around here.  At the rate my TSM takes PTO, that must be no less than a month of PTO per year?   ...

Does Anyone Get A Full Week Of Work Anymore?
Jun 02, 2015

It is so exhausting trying to get your hours in with all the OOW. I can't apply for partial UE because I have another part time job (which also makes it difficult to sit here waiting for work all hours of the day), but I definitely would if Nuance was my only job. The reason I have another job is I get absolutely too depressed being at the mercy of the goddawful FIESA and nitpicky QA. It's absolutely disgusting the amount of OOW, even adding account after account, they are all out of ...

Only 9 Hours This Week And Full-time With Benefits And
Dec 27, 2012

happen before and I have another part-time job so I can't keep checking back and forth all day everyday to make up time. Anyone else every been in this situation? Tomorrow is Friday and I am not even close to 20 hours let alone 39?? I have put in tickets in remedy, but just curious if anyone else has ever been in this situation and what was the outcome? ...

39 Hours Is Considered The Full Week Correct? So We Just Need
Jan 01, 2015

put in enough unpaid hours to equal that? ...

If You Drop To 35 Hours/week, Do You Still Get All The Full-time Benefits?
Dec 15, 2014

I'd like to drop 5 hours, but not if I have to pay more for health insurance, etc. ...

New Hire, First Full Week To Work, Want To Quit - How Much Notice Should I Give ?
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Ex-full-term Vs Ex Fullterm Vs Ex-full Term
Jan 04, 2012

Describing an infant ...

S/l Full CVA?
Nov 07, 2009

HELP!  Sounds like full CVA??? ...

Full Cor
Feb 26, 2012

Anybody ever type "full cor" before?  as in full code.  This patient is 87. ...

Anyone Full-time At TTS?
Dec 01, 2009

I am curious about a full-time position at a company called TTS.  For those full-time, is the work steady.  How many lines/week do you average there?  Is there overtime available? Thanks! ...

Capful Or Cap Full
Nov 18, 2010

Is it a capful of medication, or cap full? I can't find anything to verify either. Help appreciated! ...

First Full Day Off In 2 Weeks!
Dec 18, 2011

It's a family day! I hope you all have a great day! :) ...

Full Of Compassion
Jan 21, 2012

A few days ago I emailed my CCM to tell here that my brother had died and I had to take some time off.  Her reply was that bereavement was only paid to full-time employees and to remind me of how many days of unpaid time off I could take each year.  ...

Full Time MLS And Full Time Mom
Mar 14, 2012

Was wondering if it is realistic for me to expect to maintain full time MLS status and be a full time mom to a 3 month old?  Anyone have experience with this? Thanks :) ...

FULL-TIME IC??
Mar 28, 2012

If you work full-time for one company, doesn't that put you in the category of employee?  It seems to me that a company that advertises for full-time ICs is actually inviting investigation by the IRS and Labor Board. ...

Are You Required To Take Full 8 Hrs PTO For A Day Off?
Jun 08, 2012

s ...

Have Any Of You MME's Gone From Full-time-sm
Jun 28, 2012

with benefits to part-time with no benefits?  How does that change things for you? I've never run out of work before.  Do they give less work to the part-timers?  Should I anticipate any changes at all? ...

NJA Again After A Full Weekend Of NJA
Jul 09, 2012

and yet my CCM sent out a message requesting assistance on one of my accounts for this coming weekend.  What the blazes!  I have had NJA on all but one of those days she is requesting help for the last couple months.  What is she thinking?  It is quite obvious that the account is over staffed on a couple of those days and we will not need the help this week.  Its frustrating as I am barely making enough to live on as it is due to constant NJA and now she is asking for he ...

Want To Know Where Your Pay Cut Went? Someone's Pockets Are Full!!
Dec 10, 2012

http://www.nuance.com/company/news-room/press-releases/2012-11-19-Nuance-Q412-Press-Release.doc ...

Do You Have To Be Full Time
Apr 15, 2013

Thanks for the help.  I cant work over 35 hours per week, but wanted to try for the MME position. ...

EMS Going Full Circle?
Apr 26, 2013

In the beginning doctors scribbled their chart notes so sloppily that they could not even be read by other doctors. Then the MTs were brought into the offices to put them on paper with a typewriter. Then we evolved to electric typewriters, then computers, then the digital age. Back in the early 90's when Dragon Dictate was trying to sell to individual doctors, we MTs knew it would never be something that doctors could use without editing because VR only replaces our hands - not our br ...

ILP Full Proofs
Dec 07, 2013

Today I've been getting probably half the ILP reports to QA with "full proof" or something similar in the QA note on reports that aren't flagged for 100%.  Usually I get maybe one or two  a month like that, but today I've had quite a few, all by different ILPs.  Any other SHDAs enounter this?   Granted, I just delete the comment and fill in their blanks and not do the full proof.  If they want full proof, they will have to get put back on 100% QA so I ...

If You Are Full-time With MM, Do You Have To
Feb 12, 2014

work 40 hours?  At one time, I thought it was anywhere between 36-40 that was considered full-time.     ...

I've Never Been Able To Do MT Full Time
Jan 26, 2015

I've never been able to do MT full time because I don't have the concentration, patience, or...whatever it takes to do an 8-hour shift where I'm constantly typing every day. It's very hard on my body. I couldn't do it even in a split shift. Anyone else like this? ...