A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question on handing in 2 week notice - sm

Posted: Jul 14, 2011

Okay, I need to turn in notice and am wondering just who do you give it to? (WMX) Account manager? Someone in HR? By phone or e-mail? Never had to do this working at home and am kind of wondering about the etiquette for this. :)

I'm going to search through the employee handbook, but since others have left recently, thought I'd find it quicker here. Thanks!

send a note to your AM. No need to copy anyone else. Too bad you are - leaving, not waiting to see how SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance is?

I agree to wait it out - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You don't know how exactly anything is going to be until you physically see everything on paper with pay, any line bonuses, and even how much benefits will even cost. They all said on that conference call that are diligently working to make everything work out as best they possibly can.

Thanks for the replies. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've actually been looking since before news of the buyout hit, just finally found something I think will fit me better.

If I hadn't been looking before then, I would probably wait it out to see what the pros and cons of staying were. Good luck to you all!

your welcome - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Ah ok, well, thank you for the well wishes and I sincerely wish you lots of luck with your new job!!!!

Similar Messages:

2 Week Notice?
May 30, 2012

For those who have left MM, did you give 2 weeks notice and were you able to finish out your 2 weeks? I have another job offer I can't refuse and I don't even know who I turn in a 2 week notice too, and I'm nervous about being able to finish out the 2 weeks, or do they just let you go right then?  Any experience on this would be of great help. ...

Two-week Notice For PTO??
Jun 08, 2012

Does anyone know if there is a specific policy re putting in 2-week notice to get any PTO time not taken when you quit?  Trying to decide whether to give 2 weeks or not, but I definitely want to get my fews of PTO that I have left. Thanks! ...

Just Put In 2-week Notice
Dec 07, 2014

Scared crap-less right now. Absolutely no plans, but sick and tired of getting absolutely nowhere fast at this company. Have a few applications in, but whatever comes will come! ...

Two Week Notice!
Jan 26, 2015

Just gave my two week notice after notice of mandatory schedule change. Expect me to change my hours from 12:00-5:00 p.m. to 4:00-9:00 p.m.  Not going to happen. Nothing like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Good luck Mmodal. Hope the person who replaces me can do the job I did.  ...

If You Leave Without A 2-week Notice, Do You Still
Mar 14, 2013

I've about had all I can take and I'm not sure I even want to turn in a two-week notice. ...

Should I Give 2 Week Notice
Jul 16, 2013

After just reviewing FIESA crap and having not received emails in days from TSM about reversals, I am to the point where i want out. I hate leaving a job without notice, but I am seriously sick of this place. I never intend on working here again, but not sure if I should give them notice. They make me feel like poo everytime I get my corrections back. ...

Giving 2-week Notice?
Oct 14, 2014

Is Nuance still in the habit of cutting you off right away if you wish to give notice of leaving? I am nervous about taking the leap back into IC but need the flexibility, but what if it doesn't work out....what to do, what to do? I start training this week and want to give 2 weeks notice, just for the fact that I want to keep working around the same time of day that I am scheduled at Nuance - and goodness knows we can't work outside of our schedule  - so can't do both at th ...

After You Give 2-week Notice...
Oct 31, 2014

...it is so gloriously hard to give a hoot!!  I used to work QA for M*Modal and whenever someone gave notice, we put them on 100% review.  I never understood that as well as I do now.  I am definitely not being quite as careful as I usually am.  I also am not stressing about my production numbers each day.  I wander around on Facebook, Amazon, and give in to the distractions I used to fight against.  Why not? What are they gonna do? Fire me???? I'd actually be ...

IMEDX Do You Think They Really Want A 2-week Notice
Feb 11, 2015

Are you guys giving a notice? I really would prefer to leave faster than that. Not enough work to go around anyway. My accounts have not been lost but are super slow I imagine due to added MRs who have recently been added. ...

Anyone Know If We Give A 1-week Notice Instead Of 2, Do We Still Get PTO Paid Out?...sm
Dec 14, 2011

I certainly hope so.  Not that I have much PTO left, but I really need it to be paid.  TIA! ...

If Resign Within 2 Months Is A 2-week Notice Required
Jan 12, 2010

e-mailed CCM Monday but have not heard back.  Need to mail back equipment.  Anyone know what the procedures are.  I am waiting to hear back from CCM before doing the 2 weeks, because don't want to if I don't have to.  I have received 2 weeks of training pay at $10 per hour. ...

What Is The Proper Procedure For Submitting A 1-week Notice...sm
Dec 08, 2011

This is probably not covered on MQ Central.  To whom do we turn in a notice that we are leaving?  Do we email our CCM?  So relieved to be able to do this!  Even though I have not been here long, it has been long enough! Thanks! ...

How Long Will I Have Insurance If I Put In My 2 Week Notice With MModal?sm
May 31, 2013

I am working 2 jobs right now. I am making a lot more with my second job and would like to just be able to concentrate on that one but the problem is that it is an IC position. My new job has advised me that they will always have plenty of work to keep me busy and we are actually about 4 days behind on dictation so I'm not worried about that. I'm also next in line for when a position opens up within the hospital to be hired in. I need to be able to plan accordingly as far as findin ...

Two-week Notice 2 Days Ago And Already No Email Access
Dec 09, 2014

Supervisor asked me if there was anything she could do to get me to stay. One of my complaints was the lack of communication. That was yesterday afternoon. This morning my email was disabled.....My last day isn't suppose to be until the 18th! ...

Anyone Else Notice A Dramatic Jump In Inactive Time This Week?
May 15, 2013

haven't had to google anything tonight and have 7 mins in 4 hours?!?!?!?!   ...

New Hire, First Full Week To Work, Want To Quit - How Much Notice Should I Give ?
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

TTS Is Low On Work And Now Handing Out Pink Slips.
Oct 02, 2014

It was a great job while it lasted. Had a feeling with all the OOW lately that this was going to happen. On to better things. ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Anyone Notice This Lately
May 19, 2010

In almost every ASR report lately, there have been gross errors in the dosages of medications.  In 1 report today, it had Colace 70 mg when the dictator clearly said 100 mg.  Then in another report, it had Protonix 3 mg daily when the dictator said 40 mg daily.  Watch your dosages closely!!!!  Something is up! ...

Anybody Notice This With 6.1?
Sep 07, 2010

remember the system used to automatically capitalize the first letter as you were typing..i.e. after a period (.) etc. well, it is no longer doing this....wonder why? wonder if there is a way to get it to do this as I found this to be a time saver...   ....upgrade?   things are seeming to take longer to me ??? ...

Did Anyone Else Notice This On 6.1?
Sep 07, 2010

For some reason I keep thinking they covered this on the tutorial...but I'm a shift and don't have time to figure it out.  When I did the spell check at the end (which took an exceptionally long time), it appeared all my text turned BLUE (liike it does when you highlight) and then disappeared! I didn't just lose my stuff, did I?Also so far, I don't see a big change in the headings. I'm typing them like normal.  And I couldn't remember the new numbering sy ...

NOTICE: Regarding Job Ads -- SM
Jun 15, 2011

Posters, MTStars has a a few requirements for the job ads that are placed on our Job Seeker's board.  These are in place to provide a minimum of information for you (company name, city and state of business and a visible email address) to do your research on before applying.  We also have a minimum pay that can be posted (5 cpl for transcription and 3 cpl for editing, QA, etc.). You can see all of the ad requirements by reviewing the sticky note at the top of the Job Seeker' ...

Anybody Ever Notice
Dec 18, 2011

That sometimes when you complete a job, the next job in the que downloads but then the second job that is supposed to come up in your que takes forever to show up? I sometimes think it has to take a minute to search for the very worst job to send me. ...

Anyone Else Notice That ASR Is A Lot Better
Jul 30, 2012

Easier to send to India this way..just saying. ...

Does Anyone Know If Notice Is Given If
Nov 07, 2012

we are locked out immediately?  ...

You Ever Notice
Nov 21, 2012

in these few posts below that as they go on and you ask more questions, the OP reveals more and more about themselves and they give inconsistent answers and you can tell they really don't work for MM? I think some of these posts are made up. Changing the NJA policy for T-day? Letter of appreciation? Just trying to stir the pot and unfortunately too many people fall for it. Does anybody really believe a CCM sent an email telling us to check every 30 minutes tomorrow? That goes against ...