A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

You quit a company w/o notice and - nn

Posted: Sep 11, 2011

You are told you are not eligible for rehire.  Then you go to work for another company who is then bought out by the first company.  The one you are not eligible for rehire with.  What happens?  Are you not offered option to stay on with them? 

I am sure they will keep you - dont say anything though

[ In Reply To ..]
keep nose clean and stay under the radar

This happened to me! I was not hired :( Which company? nm - FreakedOut

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

No notice - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Transcend is the one I am wondering about and Medquist.
Whoa...wait,,, - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Is there a buy-out between MQ and Transcend? Little confused.
BUYOUT between MQ and Transcend? - I thought MQ acquired Transcend in 1999?
[ In Reply To ..]
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:7NLtK5wDG_AJ:www.alacrastore.com/deal-snapshot/MedQuist_Inc_acquires_Transcend_Services_Transcript_from_Transcend_Services_Inc-246965+medquist+and+transcend&cd=29&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

WHAT THE HECK! THEY ARE ALL SLEEPING WITH EACH OTHER.

US - Medquist Inc acquired the Northeast-based medical transcription operations of Transcend Services Inc for $#.### mil. The consideration consisted of $#.### mil in cash and a $.### mil note.â€Â¦
MQ signed a license agreement with - Nuance.
[ In Reply To ..]
This was back in 2009.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/MedQuist+%28MEDQ%29+Signs+License+Agreement+with+Nuance+Communications+%28NUAN%29/5144865.html

pretty bad when work gets sent overseas but to have to ... - no name
[ In Reply To ..]
sit back and watch them join forces and become bigger and bigger is getting really scary. Seems like they are tryign to buy out america and take over the transcription industry and no one is even the least bit interested (congress I mean).
That IS CBay intentions. To buy all transcription - companies in America.
[ In Reply To ..]
There was an article about it a few months back. Not only transcription companies,but IT, Coding, etc.

Prob. doesnt matter. Usually employees of the co. - bought are let go or starved out anyway.

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Quit Without Notice
Apr 10, 2010

I quit without notice.  I think if a company is professional and treat you as a professional they deserve the courtesy of notice.  However, I worked for a company where management and supervision would answer e-mail questions with "your question or message has been assigned a number.  Please refer to this number in future correspondence regarding this.  My GAWD.  Give me a break!  When I got an e-mail after I told them I was out of there asking me if I was ...

Has You Ever Had It And Just Up And Quit? Not Give A Notice?
Jan 21, 2011

I'm getting more and more frustrated with my company and their lack of good management, lack of respect, lack of intelligence, lack of manners, etc.  I have never not given a notice but they are really pushing my buttons and would love to just not show up for my shift.  I honestly don't even care at this point, I'm so disgusted.  Do I need the money??  Yes!!!  But I'm just not sure I can handle the stress anymore. ...

Do You Give A Notice When You Quit A Job
Sep 02, 2013

The last 3 jobs I have had, the work would dwindle and dwindle to the point where I was making about $100 bucks a week.  I would apply/test and get a new job and never even tell the old company I quit and they never even ask!!  Eventually, I guess they remove me from their mailing list, because I stop getting the emails.  I feel like if the company communicated with me about the lack of work, just give me a heads up or let me know what is going on, I would be more thoughtful of a ...

My Coworker Quit - Apparently W/o Notice
Jun 18, 2012

I have watched with horror what you transcribed.  You have moved on.  I wish I could publicize your name and warn every MTSO in the sound of my voice about the destruction you cause.  If anyone deserves having their keyboard banned for life, it is you.  It's time you retire and stop desroying lives.  Thank you for the chance to give the clients a better report now that you are gone. ...

Nuance Sucks! I Just Quit. No Notice.
Dec 11, 2012

nm ...

New Hire, First Full Week To Work, Want To Quit - How Much Notice Should I Give ?
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

Just Quit A Local Company...
Jun 28, 2013

Quit my job today... I'm not going to say the name of this company but from the info I'm about to give you, you probably will guess it if you have had any experience with them. They watch you like a hawk. You are always feeling like they are watching you very closely - I mean everything you do. Lord help you if you download a very large straight typing report that is more than 30 minutes long and you take a break, you will be called out on it in a nasty email stating your starting time ...

ANYONE NOTICE COMPANY BOARD
Aug 27, 2011

I still browse the site although I have pretty much left the field due to companies such as the ones being mentioned on the company board over and over and over and over ... sorry got carried away.  These type of companies are what ruined this field of work.  It was a field of pride in your job, worked hard for our money always as we were always paid by production.  How is that more and more its required to have a typed document yet our pay has gone down significantly? ?? take not ...

Can You Claim Unemployment If You Quit One Company
Jan 28, 2010

nm ...

If A Company Has Provided You With Equipment, When You Quit, Sm
Oct 27, 2014

do they hold your final check until they receive the equipment? My payday is supposed to be Friday and they were supposed to send me the tags to send back the equipment, but I have not received them yet, and I am thinking I will maybe not be paid on Friday if they have not received the equipment. TIA ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Seriously, Is TT Trying To Get Everyone To Quit?
Jan 26, 2010

Not only can I not get up to speed flip flopping back and forth between traditional work and VR each and every report, not only did they cut my pay for this not so great new platform, not only can I not change accounts because there is no work on anything but my account, not only has production incentive gotten completely out of my reach, and not only is this year's insurance not actually what I signed up for, but now the latest? Seriously WHAT IS UP?  I can&# ...

BOO HOO -- Can I Quit?
Feb 01, 2010

This is the first time I am transcribing an intubation procedure.  The doctor keeps stating that he used an instrument "Glide slope."  I can only find a GlideScope.  Is he mispronouncing the name of this instrument, or is there a Glide Slope? ...

Anyone Who Has Quit MQ
Mar 15, 2010

Just curious how long it took to get your 401K. I'm thinking about quitting, taking the penalty for cashing in the 401K and living on the rest while I look for a new job. Probably not the best strategy, but this FTR thing is really making me crazy. TIA ...

Want To Quit
Apr 07, 2010

How much notice should I give? ...

Everyone Quit!!
Apr 14, 2010

I am so serious.  Everyone needs to quit transcribing for a while.  We need to get this industry back to where we could actually make a decent living.  I am making less money now than I did 15 years ago.  It is absolutely ridiculous.  As long as we keep agreeing to all the junk that these transcription companies keep throwing at us, it will only continue to go downhill.  I really think I could make as much money at McDonald's than I am now.  Something ...

What Happens To PTO If You Quit?
Jun 01, 2010

I am thinking about starting to look around for another job and was wondering if I need to use up my PTO before I quit or will it be paid out?  If I have PTO saved up and put in my notice will they find a way not to give it to me?  Thanks! ...

QUIT MQ
Jun 15, 2010

Does anyone know about how many people have quit MQ in the past 6 months or so?  It seems that things are going from bad to worse recently.   ...

Quit Job?
Jul 14, 2010

I am thinking about quiting my job at the hospital to try and work from home, but after reading some of the postings here i am wondering if that is such a good idea. Is there really a shortage of work out there? Do i dare take the chance?   jkl ...

Can You Get TAA If You Quit?
Jul 15, 2010

This job has become so impossible to make any money.  I am below min wage on SR, and now they are sending off a bunch of our accounts to Global.  I technically still have work and have not been laid off.  Is TAA possible if the company still has work for us to do?  Can part-time workers get this too or only full-timers?  Many thanks to anyone who answers this.  I did read some of the DOL website but could not find this info.  ...

Does MQ Pay Your PTO If You Quit?
Aug 13, 2010

Does anyone know if MQ is good about paying you for accumulated PTO if you quit or do you have to fight them for it? ...

About To Quit
Jan 05, 2011

I am about to quit MQ due to a health condition and was unable to find in MQCentral the Resignation policy anywhere. Can someone tell me where I can find it.   Thanks ...

MQ WANTS US TO QUIT
Jul 12, 2011

CBAY would prefer to outsource all of the work to India where they can get it done for much cheaper.  To top it off, we do QA for them thus training them to take our jobs!  I'm outta there! ...

I HAVE HAD IT AND I ALSO QUIT
Aug 17, 2011

The pay cut hit me hard last PP and now, this is the third day in a row that not even an hour into my shift I'm out of work.  I don't have any PTO to fall back on and the NJA rate is just as bad...  I went to a friend and practically begged for a job until I find something else.  I'll be cashiering and doing store clerk duties for a little more than 10 bucks an hour.  I feel silly, because he usually hires high school kids and kids in their 20s, you know a ...

Has Anyone Quit...
Aug 27, 2011

and gotten paid for your remaining PTO?  Just curious before I attempt to jump into something different.  Totally willing to work out a 2-week notice. ...

I QUIT!!
Sep 25, 2011

After 3 years of training, a paid internship and finally work as an MT I QUIT! What other profession has so many requirements with so little pay? No longer starry-eyed about this "fun, interesting work." I QUIT!! Maple Grandma   ...

DQS Just Quit?
Jun 05, 2012

My last job is sitting waiting to upload, and I just got an error message and booted off! Grrrrrr ...

How To Quit...
Sep 20, 2013

I'm juggling 2 MTSOs as an IC. I cannot sustain this for very long, the plan always was to stick with the better, more stable one and phase out the other one. At the first company (I'll just call it FC), the pickings were slim. They said that once I clear QA, I'll get a back up account and running out of work will not be an issue. But the volumes were so low that it took me nearly a month to get out of QA (last week). Then the second company called, a month after I tested for them ...

Why I Quit
Nov 21, 2013

Since the last thread is down the page I thought I would add this. I worked on very difficult accounts for the last 5 years and never had a problem with audits (failed 1 or 2 in 5 years). Then at the beginning of this month I was switched to a new BOB, was audited after 8 days on the account (98.1%) and immediately put on 100% QA which means I would be working for less than minimum wage. Since the vast majority of my work is above the 99.5% they arbitrarily require, they would be getting all ...