A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dear friends: Please give the full sentence - and as much context as possible

Posted: Aug 12, 2012

When asking for help, please give us a "running start" and as much info about the patient and their diagnosis as possible. Thanks.

dislike? seriously? - are you kidding?

[ In Reply To ..]

dont get your BP up... just dont help those - who wont give sentence!

[ In Reply To ..]
That'll teach the dislike person, hey?

Yep, I "dislike" your post. Patient confidentiality is more important than leaving a blank - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
There is such a thing as posting too much information.

a full sentence isn't asking for too much information - nor does it breach confidentiality

[ In Reply To ..]
"Sounds like adaman." Ativan? Adamant? Atacand? Context is everything. Enjoy your work.

Actually, it does. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've recognized dictators in some of these word help requests on this board. And if I can, then someone else can.

Also, the OP wasn't just asking for the "full sentence," he/she was asking for the whole sentence plus "as much context as possible." This is way to much info to be posted in a public forum.

How would you feel if you recognized your PMH, med list, medical problems being posted in this board? Sure, the likelihood is low, but all it takes is one single person to complain to the MTSO or client, and the poster of that info will suffer the entire brunt of the violation (loss of job, discreditation, jail time, lawsuit - yes, violators can legally be sued by the patient).

Patient confidentiality is no joke. It's easy to believe that it'll never happen, at least until you see it happen to someone else or have it happen to you.

Similar Messages:

ORTHO HELP - Let's Try Again With The Full Sentence - See Inside!
Nov 23, 2009

"I have discussed with the family and I have anticipated approximately a 4 to 5 cm difference of the possibility that pan-genu epiphysiodesis at the appropriate time for ultimate equalization." ...

S/l Daughter Dilation Of The Superior Vena Cava. SM For Full Sentence.
Feb 02, 2010

A wire would not pass across the mediastinum.  I changed to a straight wire from the J-wire and was able to pass into the atrium.  I "daughter" dilated this area. ...

New Hire, First Full Week To Work, Want To Quit - How Much Notice Should I Give ?
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

S/l Valgus Sizing Osteotomy-is It Valgising Osteotomy? Full Sentence In Message
Apr 14, 2014

She is just under 3 months out from right tibia and fibula s/l valgus sizing osteotomy for internal rotation of varus.         TIA ...

ENT Surgery: "Cigar" Elevator? Full Sentence Is
Mar 24, 2010

The axilla of the inferior turbinate was mobilized with a Freer elevator and a "cigar?" elevator was used to lateralize the inferior turbinate. ...

S/l Ac-knee-ik /hi-pok-knee-ik, Full Sentence In Sm, TIA!
Nov 14, 2011

Frequent ackneic-hypokneic episodes were recorded as were epileptiform potentials. ...

Would You Capitalize Restess Leg Syndrome In A Sentence, If It Does Not Start The Sentence?
Nov 20, 2009

nm ...

Why Can't We Be Friends???
Nov 24, 2009

JUST A THOUGHT OR TWO!!  I have to say that I am tired of this being a battle between the seasoned versus the newbies! I love being a MT and have been successfully doing it from home (with a 2 year old and a 2 month old nonetheless) for the past 2+ years (I do not work an 8-5, but instead work around my kids and often am typing late at night, which is fine by me...and I make a pretty decent wage as a newer MT)!  But I would NOT be where I am without my great friend and "mentor" who ha ...

Farewell, My Friends
Jul 23, 2012

After 17 years, I resigned this morning. I will not be working anymore, and am very nervous at the prospect of living on my pension (from my former long-term employment) and social security, but after the MM support took remote control of my computer on Friday, could not fix the problem with DQS7, and totally messed up all the settings my new personal computer to the point I had to take it to my private IT support, for which I had to pay, I'd Almost had Enough. The icing on the cake was g ...

What My Coder Friends Said
Mar 12, 2014

"Idiots!!!  Take the FREE LUNCH!" "OMG!  What is wrong with them?" "Who ARE these people?   Are they insane?  They have to be insane." "And they think coders only make that much?  Hahahahaha!" "Seriously?  They think a 2-year commitment is a problem?  Wow. Just wow." "Sticky notes?  They would pass on this because of STICKY NOTES?" "Nobody told me there were sticky notes.  Are they special or something?  Are we going to order some?  Wi ...

A Good MQ Gift To All Our ILP Friends Out There
Mar 11, 2010

Probably Not Gonna Make Any Friends With This One, But...
Aug 26, 2011

I'm seeing a lot of these, “I hate my job” threads lately. To be fair, it's mostly aimed at Medquist, and other similar entities, but still.  Gotta keep your chins up guys. As a student, I find these kinds of threads very disheartening. In the very near future I'll be joining the ranks, and I won't lie; I would be tickled pink to be making minimum wage, or any wage whatsoever. A hundred dollars a week would be great for me. Obviously that's not ideal, b ...

Goodby My QC Friends. It Has Been A Pleasure All
May 22, 2015

last shift. I refuse to take part in the grid that starts tomorrow under the false guise of "patient safety." Nothing about this grid encourages safety, it only shouts survival. While I do care about the patients, I also care about my family and their ability to have a roof over their head. I understand the MLS have put up with this for quite a while, but in the case of QC, 2 weeks notice that we are ripping $400 or more weekly from your pay BUT we expect the same amount of work is ludicrou ...

Need An Opinion From More Computer-oriented Friends Please ... (sm)
Jul 27, 2010

I am looking to purchase a second computer to use for work.  Can someone please tell me if this would be a really good and FAST computer to purchase?  It is a Dell. Processor:  Intel Pentium D Processor Speed (per core) 3.4 GHz, Dual Core Memory (RAM):  4GB Hard Drive Capacity:  500 GB I get so confused with the processors and the hard drive capacity but I know that I definitely want the 4GB (have 2 now and it is toooooo slow). Thanks so much in advance!!!!   ...

Sleep Apnea Because Of Mexican Friends?
Apr 12, 2012

Doing a consultation in which the doctor is trying to figure out if the patient's has sleep apnea.  He says a list of reasons: "...history of elevated body mass index, snoring, large Mexican friends and hypertension." I'm sure he can't actually be saying large Mexican friends, but I can't hear anything else! ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Ex-full-term Vs Ex Fullterm Vs Ex-full Term
Jan 04, 2012

Describing an infant ...

Sentence Help ..
Nov 12, 2009

He was placed on levodopa therapy. With this, both him and his wife noticed his gait improved as well as the tremor. He has actually run out of this over the last 4 or 5 days and it may be a little bit of worsening.    That is typed as dictated, I am stumped as to cleaning it up. Also.. 'both him and his wife' does not sound right to me? or is it right. ...

Does This Sentence Look Right?
Nov 13, 2009

There is no weakness, overt numbness, loss of balance, loss of bowel or bladder, speech difficulties, visual difficulties, or lateralizing weakness. ...

Help With Sentence?
Nov 18, 2009

The next step is to obtain a CPK previous and then 1 after exercise.   Would you change 'previous' to before? ...

Help With A Sentence...do I Have It Right?
Feb 12, 2010

Here's what I hear...Evaluation for elective thymectomy in displacement with myasthenia gravis.  Not sure if it sounds like "in" or "and".  Which is correct?  Thanks for any help! ...

Help With Sentence
Mar 02, 2010

He had multiple facial fractures including bilateral  number three fracture, ligament injury in C7-T1, left hand fracture, T9 compression fractures, multiple rib fractures, right clavicular fracture, and left second metacarpal fracture.  Does this make any sense?  I have no idea what a number three fracture is, but he says it pretty clearly. ...

I'm Not Sure What To Do With This Sentence...
May 14, 2010

I'm transcribing a dictation by an Asian doctor and I'm unsure what to do with this sentence. I'm pretty sure it is exactly what he is saying.  "...drainage from her right ear 2-3 days ago. This happened after her swimming 2-3 days or had all this drainage."  The part I'm unsure about is after the first period.  Thanks in advance for any ideas!! ...

Another Sentence Help
Jul 21, 2010

does this make sense: She is now really reliving true abuse, and we will work with her. ...

Not Sure About This Sentence?
Dec 26, 2010

Heart rate PS1 S2, somewhat irregular. not sure if I am hearing Heart rate or something else... ...

REALLY??? Next Sentence
Nov 18, 2011

ok, so I had a 20-minute dictation by a DOCTOR, albeit a resident, but still...he actually said "next sentence" at the end of EVERY SENTENCE.  I just want to type verbatim for ONE DAY... ...

Sentence
Jul 26, 2012

The infant has a history of Don A Barro syndrome.  Sorry I did not put it in sentence form last time.  Thank you. ...

Take Out Repeat Sentence?
Oct 15, 2009

Peripheral neuropathy. I am going to go ahead and obtain a glucose tolerance test.   Ulnar neuropathy. He is tentatively scheduled, according to his report, to have decompression done by Dr. Labosky.   I am going go ahead and obtain a glucose tolerance test. ...

How Would You Word This Sentence?
Oct 19, 2009

Abdominal CT showed atherosclerotic changes in the aorta, multilobulated mass in the iliopsoas muscle hematoma, and extensive sigmoid diverticulosis but no diverticulitis.   TIA!!! ...

How To Word This Sentence?
Oct 30, 2009

When first seen, she had a very clear right-sided rest tremor, decreased right arm swing, and a right with gait, fairly significant posture instability, and mild increased tone on the right side with an otherwise normal exam. ...