A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How much notice did you give when quitting MQ? - sm

Posted: Oct 27, 2009

With the big pay cut & NJA all the time, I don't feel like I owe them a full 2 weeks!  Why do they need 2 weeks' notice when there's not enough work on the system anyway?  Curious how much notice others have given.

notice - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I always feel it is best not to burn any bridges behind me. You never know when you might need to go back. Things change.

Notice - Silly Girl

[ In Reply To ..]
I gave 2 weeks notice but after 2 days, I couldn't stand to even sit in front of the computer much less transcribe anything so I just sent another email and told them I was sorry but I wasn't going to finish out my 2 weeks notice. They said they were sorry and best of luck.

Two weeks--it took that long to get paperwork - ht

[ In Reply To ..]
done and up and running with new job.

notice - Freebie

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked an hour to get my MTs time cards updated and then sent an email to my CCM and Regional manager that due to my desire to actually pay my bills, this is my resignation effective immediately. Then I logged off and that was that.

p/t notice - mo

[ In Reply To ..]
I gave my 2 week notice at end of July that I was going from FT to PT. Okay, all went well until they kept on and kept on taking out benefits, medical, dental, eye, LT/ST disability all the way up to this paycheck. Something, like a "glitch" they said. Even emailed the pres of the Q and he never answered.... how odd

I gave my 2 weeks, but... - Stella-JRG

[ In Reply To ..]
had a few hours of PTO so took my last Friday off for a long weekend before starting my new job.

I never heard boo from my PS at the time. Not, it was nice working with you, good luck, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you. Nothing. I was very glad to get out.

I gave 1 week - MME Susan

[ In Reply To ..]
I know I should have probably given 2, but what the heck. The way they have screwed me, they were lucky to get 1 week

Similar Messages:

Quitting W/o Notice
Nov 25, 2011

Considering quitting Transcend w/o notice.  I understand I will not be able to be rehired.  In years past I quit MQ w/o working through my full 2 weeks too.  (I know... BAD, BAD, BAD.) I am concerned though that if I go to work for a smaller company and they are bought out by one of these 2  (which seems to be a high probability) I could be screwed. In the field these days you have to have a FT job and try it out before you quit.  Then you are trying to do both and get ...

Quitting Without Notice
Feb 10, 2014

If I work as an IC and quit without giving any notice, can the lady I work for legally withhold my paycheck and not pay my final invoice? I know as an IC we really do not have any rights with the labor board so if she does not pay me what would be my next course of action? I have never quit without notice but due to the circumstances she has left me without many options. ...

How Many Days Notice Before Quitting
Feb 09, 2014

I was reviewing my current contract. I am an independent contractor and do not work for a company. It states the following: The agreement shall become effective ________________, 2014 and continue for a term of one (1) year, and shall renew automatically for additional one (1) year terms, in the absence of ninety (90) days advance written notice to the other party. If HOSPITAL terminates TRANSCRIPTION SERVICE agreement upon ninety (90) days̢۪ notice, no further salary will be due TRANSCRIP ...

To Those Who Are Quitting: Why Are You Giving Notice?
Dec 10, 2014

x ...

Quitting W/ No Notice & Does Anyone Know Of A Stable MTSO Looking For QA Help? & Other Thoug
Apr 25, 2013

I have done some Team Lead and Acct Management work too. I was working 3 VR Editor jobs (I also have an online jewelry boutique) to make ends meet. I lost one of the jobs last week and need to replace it...don't mind VR Editing but prefer working with MTs (in the US). I really enjoy the challenge of getting blanks...goofy, right? I know that the jobs are few and far between - especially with Nuance and MModal. I wouldn't mind going back to Nuance but they will not give me the time ...

How Much Notice To Give?
Oct 22, 2013

When one gives a notice to terminate employment, does Nuance immediately remove your login for eScripton and Webclock or let you work until your last day? TIA ...

Has You Ever Had It And Just Up And Quit? Not Give A Notice?
Jan 21, 2011

I'm getting more and more frustrated with my company and their lack of good management, lack of respect, lack of intelligence, lack of manners, etc.  I have never not given a notice but they are really pushing my buttons and would love to just not show up for my shift.  I honestly don't even care at this point, I'm so disgusted.  Do I need the money??  Yes!!!  But I'm just not sure I can handle the stress anymore. ...

How Much Notice Does Nuance Give
Jun 18, 2012

How much notice does Nuance give the MTs on that account when a big client has dropped them, since they have known for a while?  ...

I Have Unused PTO. Does Anyone Know If I Have To Give Notice
Nov 17, 2012

Any and all thoughts welcome.  It states we do not have to give notice when we leave, but I am wondering if they would keep my unused PTO.  Thanks. ...

Should I Give 2 Week Notice
Jul 16, 2013

After just reviewing FIESA crap and having not received emails in days from TSM about reversals, I am to the point where i want out. I hate leaving a job without notice, but I am seriously sick of this place. I never intend on working here again, but not sure if I should give them notice. They make me feel like poo everytime I get my corrections back. ...

Do You Give A Notice When You Quit A Job
Sep 02, 2013

The last 3 jobs I have had, the work would dwindle and dwindle to the point where I was making about $100 bucks a week.  I would apply/test and get a new job and never even tell the old company I quit and they never even ask!!  Eventually, I guess they remove me from their mailing list, because I stop getting the emails.  I feel like if the company communicated with me about the lack of work, just give me a heads up or let me know what is going on, I would be more thoughtful of a ...

After You Give 2-week Notice...
Oct 31, 2014

...it is so gloriously hard to give a hoot!!  I used to work QA for M*Modal and whenever someone gave notice, we put them on 100% review.  I never understood that as well as I do now.  I am definitely not being quite as careful as I usually am.  I also am not stressing about my production numbers each day.  I wander around on Facebook, Amazon, and give in to the distractions I used to fight against.  Why not? What are they gonna do? Fire me???? I'd actually be ...

JUST THINK, WE ALL GIVE OUR 2 WEEKS NOTICE
Nov 08, 2014

Wouldn't it be nice to see us all give our 2 weeks notice at the same time.  McDonald's workers can go on strike, but we can't.  We don't even get minimum wage, so they have to give us MUP.  Then they complain about it and make it look like its our fault that there is no work and if you punch out everytime there is no work that just means you are going to get even less, so they don't have to pay you minimum wage for the hours you are sitting here searchin ...

Anyone Know If We Give A 1-week Notice Instead Of 2, Do We Still Get PTO Paid Out?...sm
Dec 14, 2011

I certainly hope so.  Not that I have much PTO left, but I really need it to be paid.  TIA! ...

Did You Give Landmark Transcription Any Notice
Aug 03, 2014

When there was all of a sudden no work any more? Or do they even care or notice whether you do or not.  Someone else is obviously doing the work so I'm thinking it won't matter much to give notice or not. ...

Get Paid For PTO Hours If You Don't Give 2 Weeks Notice?
May 23, 2012

Hello.  I'm considering quitting MModal and I need to know if you have to give 2 weeks' notice if you want to get paid for your PTO hours accumulated.  Thanks! ...

New Hire, First Full Week To Work, Want To Quit - How Much Notice Should I Give ?
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

Quitting: IC
Dec 28, 2009

I've been working as an IC for a small operation.  There is no written contract, and in fact nothing was stated verbally about terms, conditions, etc. In keeping with the above ;) , they are disorganized and unprofessional, and I want out.  In fact, I have already written my resignation notice. Another MT just up and quit the other day.  I wish to do the same, even though I have never, ever done this in my life (I'm 46 and have been working since the age of 17).&n ...

PTO When Quitting?
Aug 02, 2010

I'm planning on quitting soon, (yahhhh, finally got a decent offer as an MT), but am wondering if I will have any trouble getting my PTO from MedQuist.  Does anyone know if by law they must give you any PTO you have coming when you leave?  How much notice do you think I should give, 1 or 2 weeks?  Thanks! ...

Can't Believe Every Day There Are More Quitting
Aug 29, 2010

We just going to whittle down to 1 MT and 0 dictations? ...

Quitting MQ
Mar 26, 2011

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get your last paycheck from MQ once you quit?  Shouldn't it be sent to you at the regular time?  Didn't get mine yesterday or today, so I'm guessing they are holding it for some reason. ...

Quitting/PTO
Dec 21, 2012

Did anyone from Transcend quit and if so did you have PTO left and are you getting it paid out to you? ...

Quitting TTS
Oct 08, 2014

Do they require 2 weeks' notice? ...

Quitting School
Mar 06, 2010

I am taking MT at Career Step, but I am unable to understand these doctors even if I slow down or speed up. I think I am going to quit because how can you transcribe if you can not understand. Can anyone give me some input? ...

Protocol For Quitting MQ
Jan 28, 2011

Anyone on here who has quit the Q? Did you give 2 weeks notice or what? What did they do when you told them? Did you email or place a call? ...

So Close To Quitting
Oct 07, 2011

I have to vent!  At the moment, there are no words to express how much I hate this job.  i am so sick of listening to foreigners who sound like they have marbles in their mouths and the women sounding like shrill little girls with marbles in their mouths, struggling with all my heart and soul to do a good job, for pennies, knowing if I send to QA for help, my pennies will be taken away.  This is insanity!  I swear, I've died and gone to hell!  ...

Quitting Nuance
Jan 10, 2012

So I'm leaving NTS (I was happy as a Webbie) in about 4 weeks once I'm done training at the hospital here.  I was wondering if anyone who quit there in the past few weeks/months could tell me what they are doing with the company equipment they provided being that NTS doesn't want to deal with equipment lending. ...

PTO At Nuance When Quitting
Jan 24, 2012

My last day at Nuance was a couple weeks ago.  I wonder how long it will be before I get my PTO I had accrued? ...

When Quitting/is This The Norm?
Apr 10, 2012

I gave notice to my employer last week that I had to quit. I sent her a very nice email thanking her for the opportunity, but it just wasn't going to work out for me. I was very pleasant and upbeat, but I have yet to receive an acknowledgement. I was even able to log in with my password still. It's been 5 days now. You'd think she would have read her email by now, right? ...

I Wonder How Many People Are Quitting Because...
Mar 27, 2013

the recent e-mail we got said they need help in other regions, so we should pull together and help them.  I am wondering if these are crappy account on the crappy eBTXT and the reason they need help is because of MTs leaving.  I surely wish I could afford to leave, not makinig any money anymore. ...