A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone know if we give a 1-week notice instead of 2, do we still get PTO paid out?...sm - wasHappyMt

Posted: Dec 14, 2011

I certainly hope so.  Not that I have much PTO left, but I really need it to be paid. 

TIA!

Take it first - Neverland survivor

[ In Reply To ..]
Take PTO first then give notice while out.

Technically, you are an "at will" employee - oy

[ In Reply To ..]
No notice required whether you quit or they terminate you. And they should then pay what is owed. I'd be safe and take it first, though, cause I don't trust em.

Straight from the handbook - oy

[ In Reply To ..]
"I further understand that the Company is an 'at-will' employer, that I have no contract of employment with the Company, that my employment is not for a fixed or definite period, and that my employment relationship with the Company can be terminated by the Company at any time, for any reason and without prior notice."

I think that deserves no notice.

pto - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I gave 2 DAYS notice and got my PTO, got hired back and now have to wait 90 days to start getting PTO again.

Similar Messages:

Should I Give 2 Week Notice
Jul 16, 2013

After just reviewing FIESA crap and having not received emails in days from TSM about reversals, I am to the point where i want out. I hate leaving a job without notice, but I am seriously sick of this place. I never intend on working here again, but not sure if I should give them notice. They make me feel like poo everytime I get my corrections back. ...

After You Give 2-week Notice...
Oct 31, 2014

...it is so gloriously hard to give a hoot!!  I used to work QA for M*Modal and whenever someone gave notice, we put them on 100% review.  I never understood that as well as I do now.  I am definitely not being quite as careful as I usually am.  I also am not stressing about my production numbers each day.  I wander around on Facebook, Amazon, and give in to the distractions I used to fight against.  Why not? What are they gonna do? Fire me???? I'd actually be ...

Get Paid For PTO Hours If You Don't Give 2 Weeks Notice?
May 23, 2012

Hello.  I'm considering quitting MModal and I need to know if you have to give 2 weeks' notice if you want to get paid for your PTO hours accumulated.  Thanks! ...

New Hire, First Full Week To Work, Want To Quit - How Much Notice Should I Give ?
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

How Much Notice To Give?
Oct 22, 2013

When one gives a notice to terminate employment, does Nuance immediately remove your login for eScripton and Webclock or let you work until your last day? TIA ...

How Much Notice Did You Give When Quitting MQ?
Oct 27, 2009

With the big pay cut & NJA all the time, I don't feel like I owe them a full 2 weeks!  Why do they need 2 weeks' notice when there's not enough work on the system anyway?  Curious how much notice others have given. ...

Has You Ever Had It And Just Up And Quit? Not Give A Notice?
Jan 21, 2011

I'm getting more and more frustrated with my company and their lack of good management, lack of respect, lack of intelligence, lack of manners, etc.  I have never not given a notice but they are really pushing my buttons and would love to just not show up for my shift.  I honestly don't even care at this point, I'm so disgusted.  Do I need the money??  Yes!!!  But I'm just not sure I can handle the stress anymore. ...

How Much Notice Does Nuance Give
Jun 18, 2012

How much notice does Nuance give the MTs on that account when a big client has dropped them, since they have known for a while?  ...

I Have Unused PTO. Does Anyone Know If I Have To Give Notice
Nov 17, 2012

Any and all thoughts welcome.  It states we do not have to give notice when we leave, but I am wondering if they would keep my unused PTO.  Thanks. ...

Do You Give A Notice When You Quit A Job
Sep 02, 2013

The last 3 jobs I have had, the work would dwindle and dwindle to the point where I was making about $100 bucks a week.  I would apply/test and get a new job and never even tell the old company I quit and they never even ask!!  Eventually, I guess they remove me from their mailing list, because I stop getting the emails.  I feel like if the company communicated with me about the lack of work, just give me a heads up or let me know what is going on, I would be more thoughtful of a ...

JUST THINK, WE ALL GIVE OUR 2 WEEKS NOTICE
Nov 08, 2014

Wouldn't it be nice to see us all give our 2 weeks notice at the same time.  McDonald's workers can go on strike, but we can't.  We don't even get minimum wage, so they have to give us MUP.  Then they complain about it and make it look like its our fault that there is no work and if you punch out everytime there is no work that just means you are going to get even less, so they don't have to pay you minimum wage for the hours you are sitting here searchin ...

Did You Give Landmark Transcription Any Notice
Aug 03, 2014

When there was all of a sudden no work any more? Or do they even care or notice whether you do or not.  Someone else is obviously doing the work so I'm thinking it won't matter much to give notice or not. ...

2 Week Notice?
May 30, 2012

For those who have left MM, did you give 2 weeks notice and were you able to finish out your 2 weeks? I have another job offer I can't refuse and I don't even know who I turn in a 2 week notice too, and I'm nervous about being able to finish out the 2 weeks, or do they just let you go right then?  Any experience on this would be of great help. ...

Two-week Notice For PTO??
Jun 08, 2012

Does anyone know if there is a specific policy re putting in 2-week notice to get any PTO time not taken when you quit?  Trying to decide whether to give 2 weeks or not, but I definitely want to get my fews of PTO that I have left. Thanks! ...

Just Put In 2-week Notice
Dec 07, 2014

Scared crap-less right now. Absolutely no plans, but sick and tired of getting absolutely nowhere fast at this company. Have a few applications in, but whatever comes will come! ...

Two Week Notice!
Jan 26, 2015

Just gave my two week notice after notice of mandatory schedule change. Expect me to change my hours from 12:00-5:00 p.m. to 4:00-9:00 p.m.  Not going to happen. Nothing like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Good luck Mmodal. Hope the person who replaces me can do the job I did.  ...

If You Leave Without A 2-week Notice, Do You Still
Mar 14, 2013

I've about had all I can take and I'm not sure I even want to turn in a two-week notice. ...

Giving 2-week Notice?
Oct 14, 2014

Is Nuance still in the habit of cutting you off right away if you wish to give notice of leaving? I am nervous about taking the leap back into IC but need the flexibility, but what if it doesn't work out....what to do, what to do? I start training this week and want to give 2 weeks notice, just for the fact that I want to keep working around the same time of day that I am scheduled at Nuance - and goodness knows we can't work outside of our schedule  - so can't do both at th ...

IMEDX Do You Think They Really Want A 2-week Notice
Feb 11, 2015

Are you guys giving a notice? I really would prefer to leave faster than that. Not enough work to go around anyway. My accounts have not been lost but are super slow I imagine due to added MRs who have recently been added. ...

Question On Handing In 2 Week Notice
Jul 14, 2011

Okay, I need to turn in notice and am wondering just who do you give it to? (WMX) Account manager? Someone in HR? By phone or e-mail? Never had to do this working at home and am kind of wondering about the etiquette for this. :) I'm going to search through the employee handbook, but since others have left recently, thought I'd find it quicker here. Thanks! ...

If Resign Within 2 Months Is A 2-week Notice Required
Jan 12, 2010

e-mailed CCM Monday but have not heard back.  Need to mail back equipment.  Anyone know what the procedures are.  I am waiting to hear back from CCM before doing the 2 weeks, because don't want to if I don't have to.  I have received 2 weeks of training pay at $10 per hour. ...

What Is The Proper Procedure For Submitting A 1-week Notice...sm
Dec 08, 2011

This is probably not covered on MQ Central.  To whom do we turn in a notice that we are leaving?  Do we email our CCM?  So relieved to be able to do this!  Even though I have not been here long, it has been long enough! Thanks! ...

How Long Will I Have Insurance If I Put In My 2 Week Notice With MModal?sm
May 31, 2013

I am working 2 jobs right now. I am making a lot more with my second job and would like to just be able to concentrate on that one but the problem is that it is an IC position. My new job has advised me that they will always have plenty of work to keep me busy and we are actually about 4 days behind on dictation so I'm not worried about that. I'm also next in line for when a position opens up within the hospital to be hired in. I need to be able to plan accordingly as far as findin ...

Two-week Notice 2 Days Ago And Already No Email Access
Dec 09, 2014

Supervisor asked me if there was anything she could do to get me to stay. One of my complaints was the lack of communication. That was yesterday afternoon. This morning my email was disabled.....My last day isn't suppose to be until the 18th! ...

Anyone Else Notice A Dramatic Jump In Inactive Time This Week?
May 15, 2013

haven't had to google anything tonight and have 7 mins in 4 hours?!?!?!?!   ...

PAID EVERY WEEK????
Oct 07, 2010

Does anyone out there know of a transcription company that pays every week????  Any help would be helpful...thanks! ...

Grand Total Of 0 Work All Of Last Week, Will N At Least Give Minimum Wage For OOW? Never Had This H
Dec 29, 2013

xx ...

Would You Rather Be Paid $14 An Hour, 40 Hours A Week Or Production At 8 Cpl? Sm
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered both, but I'm not sure what to do. ...

I Get Paid By The Minutes Typed. Is There Anyone Else Out There That Gets Paid By The Minute.
Mar 01, 2012

I was curious if any other MTs are getting paid by the minute too. Replies are welcomed. I am required to get 131 minutes for an 8 hour shift. We get incentive if over. We also use VR, so that helps, and we have weighted doctors. Thanks, MeL ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...