A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Get paid for PTO hours if you don't give 2 weeks notice? - neecy

Posted: May 23, 2012

Hello.  I'm considering quitting MModal and I need to know if you have to give 2 weeks' notice if you want to get paid for your PTO hours accumulated.  Thanks!

You will get paid either way, but why not give - notice?

[ In Reply To ..]
MModal is gobbling up half of the companies out there and ya never know when you might have to come back.

I am not giving notice - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I never have any work, so it is silly for me to sit there for another 2 weeks and be exhausted for another 2 weeks while I try and get my 8 hours in.

please don't burn your bridges. - msmt

[ In Reply To ..]
You never know what is in your future and you may have to come back even if you say you never will, sometimes we have to eat those words. Also, if you use them as a reference, that may be one of the questions they ask about giving notice.
I totally understand what you are saying, but... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I am not being treated fairly at all and I would not go back to them ever!! I am expected to sit here for 16 hours and wait for work to come in. Mind you I am not getting paid for 16 hours.....just sitting here. It is crazy to expect that from anybody.
16 hours? - msmt
[ In Reply To ..]
I thought 8 hours a day is all anybody gets anymore.
it is, but.. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I never have work so it takes me 16 hours of sitting here waiting for work to come in 1 by 1. I spoke with my CCM and she told me that she would get everything sorted out. That was 2 months ago and nothing was done. I have asked her several times and I sit here doing nothing. She is not really good for much. It takes her days to respond and when she does it is just sit tight or I will get it sorted out......still waiting!!

PTO and notice - MT Gone

[ In Reply To ..]
I left M*Modal (then MQ) with a 3-day notice. Of course, my account "disappeared" the day before I had to give an answer for another job, and it was a case of "here's your sign." I did get paid for my PTO, and also they have contacted my in the past few weeks asking if I would consider returning (I left 08/2011.) Personally I'd go work at Micky D's first....but I was polite and called the recruiter back and politely told her why I had left and why at this time I just couldn't even consider it. I wanted to be a jerk, but who knows down the road.....

Here's a thought... - see message...

[ In Reply To ..]
When does your pay period end? It wasn't at M*Modal, but when I worked at another MTSO, I knew a couple of people who gave their manager 2 weeks' notice that they were quitting, and she told them to just work until the end of the pay period. In one case, that was only 2 more days....in another case, it was the last day of the pay period anyway, so she only worked 'til the end of that day.

I don't think the MTSO would want an unhappy MT to keep working for a couple more weeks...a lot of MTs would just crank out the work with no worry that they'd miss the QA minimum.

Similar Messages:

JUST THINK, WE ALL GIVE OUR 2 WEEKS NOTICE
Nov 08, 2014

Wouldn't it be nice to see us all give our 2 weeks notice at the same time.  McDonald's workers can go on strike, but we can't.  We don't even get minimum wage, so they have to give us MUP.  Then they complain about it and make it look like its our fault that there is no work and if you punch out everytime there is no work that just means you are going to get even less, so they don't have to pay you minimum wage for the hours you are sitting here searchin ...

Anyone Know If We Give A 1-week Notice Instead Of 2, Do We Still Get PTO Paid Out?...sm
Dec 14, 2011

I certainly hope so.  Not that I have much PTO left, but I really need it to be paid.  TIA! ...

? About Two Weeks Notice
Mar 02, 2010

What if I don't give a 2 week notice?  Is it really gonna hurt me?  I doubt they give detailed information about what kind of employee you were.  Maybe just dates.  I have been with this company since the mid 90s and I hate to just up and leave like that, but I don't know if I can take it another day.  Every week its something new.  My pay is down to almost nothing.  With the type of reports I get, there is no way I'm making 5% and living with my ...

Do You Think It Is Necessary To Give 2 Weeks?
May 30, 2012

Do you think it is necessary to give 2 weeks notice if I am ALWAYS out of work. For example I should be done with my 8 hour shift in an hour and I am not even half way through the day due to being out of work on my primary and ALL of my back ups. I just do not see the point in it. What do you guys think? Thanks and I hope everyone has a great day!! :) ...

Two Weeks Notice
Jan 09, 2015

I put in my two week's notice and am now locked out of the system..........its this an usual tactic for MTSO services?  My boss asked me why I was quiting and I told her the truth, I got a job outside of transcription.  What gives?! ...

MModal And 2 Weeks Notice
Aug 31, 2012

Hi.  I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with giving MModal a 2 weeks notice?  Do they let you go immediately or do they let you work the 2 weeks?  I tried using search but there was no recent posts about this.   Thanks ...

Two Weeks Notice Question
Nov 15, 2012

I've seen this asked here before, but it didn't apply to me at the time, so I didn't read the notes closely.  Did anyone here give 2 weeks notice of leaving MM and still able to work that 2 weeks? Or did you get locked out?     ...

Nuance 2 Weeks Notice?
Feb 01, 2015

Hello. I found employment outside of Nuance (and outside of my home). I like my supervisor and want to give her 2-weeks notice but I'm concerned that I will get fired on the spot or lose my PTO. Has anyone given 2-weeks notice and left on a positive note?  ...

When You Give 2 Weeks Do They Actually Still Utilize You?
Apr 20, 2015

I guess this might vary from account to account and TSM to TSM, but was wondering for those who did provide 2 weeks did you work as usual? ...

I Just Gave 2 Weeks Notice. I Am Practically
Feb 22, 2010

giddy and dancing around the room.  At the last second I tried to cancel the e-mail, but it was too late.  Guess it was meant to be.  I have been with this company for 8 years, and they don't deserve me any longer.  ...

Should I Even Bother Giving 2 Weeks Notice?
Sep 05, 2014

Really getting fed up....virtually NO work since Labor Day....looking elsewhere and don't want to burn any bridges, but what's the point of giving M*Modal 2 weeks notice if there's no work to type and I could actually be making money at a new job in that 2 weeks' time?! ...

How Much Notice To Give?
Oct 22, 2013

When one gives a notice to terminate employment, does Nuance immediately remove your login for eScripton and Webclock or let you work until your last day? TIA ...

How Much Notice Did You Give When Quitting MQ?
Oct 27, 2009

With the big pay cut & NJA all the time, I don't feel like I owe them a full 2 weeks!  Why do they need 2 weeks' notice when there's not enough work on the system anyway?  Curious how much notice others have given. ...

Has You Ever Had It And Just Up And Quit? Not Give A Notice?
Jan 21, 2011

I'm getting more and more frustrated with my company and their lack of good management, lack of respect, lack of intelligence, lack of manners, etc.  I have never not given a notice but they are really pushing my buttons and would love to just not show up for my shift.  I honestly don't even care at this point, I'm so disgusted.  Do I need the money??  Yes!!!  But I'm just not sure I can handle the stress anymore. ...

How Much Notice Does Nuance Give
Jun 18, 2012

How much notice does Nuance give the MTs on that account when a big client has dropped them, since they have known for a while?  ...

I Have Unused PTO. Does Anyone Know If I Have To Give Notice
Nov 17, 2012

Any and all thoughts welcome.  It states we do not have to give notice when we leave, but I am wondering if they would keep my unused PTO.  Thanks. ...

Should I Give 2 Week Notice
Jul 16, 2013

After just reviewing FIESA crap and having not received emails in days from TSM about reversals, I am to the point where i want out. I hate leaving a job without notice, but I am seriously sick of this place. I never intend on working here again, but not sure if I should give them notice. They make me feel like poo everytime I get my corrections back. ...

Do You Give A Notice When You Quit A Job
Sep 02, 2013

The last 3 jobs I have had, the work would dwindle and dwindle to the point where I was making about $100 bucks a week.  I would apply/test and get a new job and never even tell the old company I quit and they never even ask!!  Eventually, I guess they remove me from their mailing list, because I stop getting the emails.  I feel like if the company communicated with me about the lack of work, just give me a heads up or let me know what is going on, I would be more thoughtful of a ...

After You Give 2-week Notice...
Oct 31, 2014

...it is so gloriously hard to give a hoot!!  I used to work QA for M*Modal and whenever someone gave notice, we put them on 100% review.  I never understood that as well as I do now.  I am definitely not being quite as careful as I usually am.  I also am not stressing about my production numbers each day.  I wander around on Facebook, Amazon, and give in to the distractions I used to fight against.  Why not? What are they gonna do? Fire me???? I'd actually be ...

Paid 3 Weeks In Arrears?
Dec 27, 2009

Hi, I am in my first IC position.  It takes them three weeks to process payroll, so our checks are cut three weeks in arrears.  Is this typical?  What happened to the good ole days when WEEKLY PAY for MTs was standard..? ...

Did You Give Landmark Transcription Any Notice
Aug 03, 2014

When there was all of a sudden no work any more? Or do they even care or notice whether you do or not.  Someone else is obviously doing the work so I'm thinking it won't matter much to give notice or not. ...

New Hire, First Full Week To Work, Want To Quit - How Much Notice Should I Give ?
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

What Part Of PT Suddenly Means I Have 10 Extra Hours To Give??
May 12, 2015

Anybody out there in my POD and want to help me interpret our mandatory OT?  HDSM is KD and scheduler is CS.  They are awesome (I'm lucky to be in this POD and know it).  They always try to keep us off mandatory OT (unsuccessfully as of late), but I'm so confused today, reading the latest email. I'm not sure the company knows what working PART-TIME means or what agreed upon schedules mean either. I just read an email from our scheduler that I believe is stating th ...

Anybody Know What Paid Hours Are At Medquist?
Jun 30, 2011

I'm at MQ Central, looking at where it tells us how our PTO is accrued.  At the end of the document it says that accrued PTO is based on paid hours rather than hours worked. What's the difference between a paid hour and an hour worked? Anybody care to enlighten me?   ...

Do We Get Paid For Overtime Hours?
Aug 06, 2012

I have a few hours of OT on my timesheet.  I know we get paid by the line and holiday incentives but what if we have OT hours?   ...

Nearly 2 Hours And Still Down?? We Will Get Paid For All This Downtime, Won't We?
Sep 26, 2014

x ...

What Is The Report Paid Hours Option For?
May 30, 2011

xxx ...

Would You Rather Be Paid $14 An Hour, 40 Hours A Week Or Production At 8 Cpl? Sm
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered both, but I'm not sure what to do. ...

On Our Timecards, Do We Choose Report Paid Hours
Oct 13, 2012

instead of Production Hours?  I want to add some PTO to my timecard this pay period but I don't know how.  I went to learning under HR but still can't figure out how to add PTO. Gracias! ...

Week, Weeks Or Weeks' History
Aug 25, 2012

still confused as to how or when to use the above mentioned. anyone? thank you, THMT ...