A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just heard EPIC is now being trained at my main account - wonder how long before it goes away?

Posted: Aug 16, 2010

Does not surprise me.. the Canned reports featured in EPIC I am sure will take over to completely do away transcriptionists.  Clearly healthcare is okay with homogenous reports that really are not particular to the patient, just trying to stay within the slimmest margin of the law.  It's like legal liability insurance...the bare minimum required.

I worked in Epic - for several years

[ In Reply To ..]
My last hospital used it. It didn't do away with transcriptionists. I worked in it for 4-5 years.

All my doctors I go see for a physical and - at hospitals have NO MTs.

[ In Reply To ..]
Doctors basically do their own transcription by using the computer and filling in the blanks on a screen.

For clinic visits, sure - I worked in Epic doing acute care

[ In Reply To ..]
I think some of the clinic notes went to point & click, but they still dictated as usual in Epic for DS, ERs and ops.

I only do acute care.

EPIC not going away - Point and click

[ In Reply To ..]
EPIC is not going away. It provides doctors with point and click ability, along with a few keystrokes, and instant report. It is the death of the transcriptionist as we see it today.

Post about Medquist Epic. - Can eliminate transcription completely.

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.news-medical.net/news/20100227/MedQuist-integrates-DEP-with-new-features-of-Epic-Systems-Hyperspace-Client.aspx

Medquist case study. Might be your hospital. - Some hospitals using MQ epic.

[ In Reply To ..]
Go to your MQCentral.

My hospital has had EPIC about a year, and I'm still here - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
not that anyone on this board wants me to be...

Similar Messages:

See Post On Main Board About EPIC Clientele.
Mar 02, 2014

This is quite the eye opener and may explain why a lot of us are running out of work. Part of the problem is the complete mismanagement by TSMs and COMs, but the overall issue may be that EPIC is growing by leaps and bounds. It does not bode well for us MLSs. ...

Escription - My Main Account Has Become Worse
Aug 22, 2012

I am wondering why in the past 2 months or so the VR on my main account has become worse than when the drs were first VR.  I am finding myself typing more than 50% of the supposed VR instead of just editing it and dropping my paycheck even further.  This is very frustrating when you are stuck on a VR for triple the time or more of the actual audio time.  I proposed this question to upper management and their response was that they have no idea why this is happening, but they are seeing this a ...

Virtually No Work, Main Account
Dec 31, 2012

and while we were Transcend, it was so busy we worked OT to keep up.  Now am lucky if I have consistent work.  I am so sick of this.  ...

Most Of The Dictating Doctors This Week In My Main Account Have
Jan 14, 2011

Always makes me wonder about a hospital when one doctor gets sick with a cold, and then the rest of them get sick. That doesn't happen in every hospital. Their hoarse voices are screwing up ASR extra and their hoarse voices hurt my ears! ...

Silent Type Big Main Account Is Being Transitioned To VR
Mar 25, 2014

Does anyone know if the big main account is being transitioned to VR, and if so, has anyone on this account been invited to move to VR?  ...

Notified Of Meeting This Week To Go Over All Major Errors For Our Main Account
Aug 04, 2013

Got email stating conference call this week for all of our "errors" we are making - what fun!! ...

Huge Account Going To EPIC
Oct 16, 2013

So, we were just informed that a huge account is being rolled out to EPIC and "assured" there would be "minimal" volume loss.  Can somebody who has been through this please give us the true facts?  I'm inclined to not want to drink the Nuance Kool-Aid. Thanks in advance. ...

Any Idea Which North Account Is Going Epic?
Apr 11, 2012

need the heads up please!!!! ...

Huge Account Going To Epic In The East Tomorrow
Jan 31, 2014

20 MTs are being moved elsewhere.   ...

Just Read Epic Is Taking Over Mayo Clinic Account-sm
Jan 22, 2015

What company has that?  Didn't they just recently outsource in the first place?   ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Epic Medical Records? Saw Their Ad On CL.
Mar 06, 2014

Curious. Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Who Works On Epic Find That Once A Facility Goes To Epic You Have Some Work Left To
Sep 05, 2012

continue to do.  ...

Regarding Epic System. How Will The EMRs Do Regarding OR Reports. Will That Go To Epic Or Will The
Dec 20, 2011

speech or straight transcription.  Just wondering about that and DS, Consults, etc. ...

As Far As Epic Goes, What Will Happen To OR Reports On Epic. Will
Aug 02, 2012

that also do away with MTs doing OR reports which is about all I really do. ...

Do Some Of The Hospitals That Use DQS Also Use Epic Or Will Epic Replace
Aug 08, 2012

DQS completely and the hospital will drop MQ.  Just curious about that.  It seems Epic is the way to go and was not sure if that can be interspersed with DQS or eliminate MQ altogether with DQS.  ...

Ok... Which One Of You Trained The ASR To Put
Jul 17, 2012

This is getting ridiculous! ...

Need A Trained Eye
Sep 17, 2012

Hey there wise, venerable coding veterans! I'm looking for an opinion on the coding course linked below before I contact the school with any specific questions. Do you think this will teach enough for the CCS or just the CCA?  How about the CPC? Should I look further into this course/school or scratch it off my list? Many thanks   http://www.hutchcc.edu/catalog/major/?major=5215 ...

Ok, Which One Of You Trained The Speech Rec To Put
Dec 12, 2012

What on earth??? ...

VR Trained By Keystrokes Only?
Oct 06, 2013

Here is a weird one:  The doctor dictates "shortness of breath" and VR puts "sob".  ...

Has Anybody Been Trained To Do Medical Coding And Do They Like It?
Nov 10, 2010

Has anybody been trained to do medical coding and do they like it?  I am trying to figure out where to go next since transciption no longer pays the bills and I am sick of sitting down for 12 hours a day.  I am ready to work away from home.  I just do not want to invest time and money in classes where I cannot get a job or where the pay is worse that what we make now.  ...

This Is A Well-trained Speech Engine
Jul 08, 2011

The below listed paragraph is echo-dictation. This means that I am listening to the dictator and repeating what is said into a microphone.  I have not read this paragraph, so what you about to read has not been edited by me (correct errors). --- If you are doing VR and the text you are reviewing doesn't look like this in terms of accuracy, then the problem lies with the facility who is using speech recognition. I just want to (hopefully) put to rest the negative comments about speech r ...

The Well-trained Speech Engine
Jun 10, 2014

This is copied/pasted from a document I'm to be working on. I have not yet proofed anything. What you are about to read is what appears on the screen. It's a fast dictator. The service is v-e-r-y emphatic about keeping the speech engine constantly updated with corrected documents. *THIS* is what I'm talking about.  The patient is a very pleasant 73-year-old gentleman who returns today for an evaluation.  He was last seen by.  His pain is though a very low back pain ...

Question For All MTs', Especially Trained By Mentoring Process And Did Your Time In The Trenche
Apr 29, 2010

Hi, I'm a former Acute Care Transcriptionist who has 12 years hospital, 2 years clinical experience including not cherry-picking and found out years later that their most experienced transcriptionist refused to do an account I was put on due to the ESL ratio.  They did try to make me feel like I was the one who was stoopid, etc..... aside from that....I retired from this profession to home-school my children full-time, be a wife and mother...hubby is very high maintenance.... Any ...

Moved To Main
May 27, 2011

.  ...

OOW Main Acct
Feb 27, 2015

Something is seriously wrong. I am very rarely OOW on my main acct, especially on Friday nights.  Had no work in there all afternoon, now 2 reports and it looks like there are some people who are getting jobs.  Either work is very sparse or too many people are in my account flexing from earlier in the week. ...

S/l Sharp Main Carina Sm
Oct 23, 2009

Bronchoscopy procedure note - After induction of general anesthesia, the patient had an endotracheal tube placed. Normal trachea and *s/l sharp main* carina.  Normal right and left bronchial tree. ...

Mean Or Main Cubital Fossa
Feb 24, 2010

nm ...

Would One Of You Coders Go Over To The Main Board
Dec 23, 2011

There is a poster there who is posting blatantly wrong information about coding. Someone needs to post the correct information. I corrected one of the errors, but someone with more experience could probably do a better job of providing the facts. ...

I Just Saw An Ad On The Main Page For Coding By -
Sep 22, 2012

have something called "CAC",  (Computer-Assisted Coding".)  Automation aside, just the fact that M*Modal is getting it's dirtly little hands into coding doesn't bode well for the field.  ...

Oh Wow That Whole Big Thread On The Main Board
Jan 30, 2013

Now if we could just get rid of the one below! ...