A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just read Epic is taking over Mayo Clinic account-sm - anon

Posted: Jan 22, 2015

What company has that?  Didn't they just recently outsource in the first place?  

That's what I thought! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Yep it's local news here, I live in Madison link inside - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.channel3000.com/health/Epic-gets-Mayo-Clinic-contract/30856674

Epic is software - point and click

[ In Reply To ..]
It can be used still with dictation, though, depending on how they want to utilize it. My health system uses Epic but we still have 40 inhouse transcriptionists. When the Epic people were building the system and training the providers, my bosses were at the training and when the Epic folks said "see, you don't need to dictate," my bosses chimed in with, "but if you want to, we'll show you how."

A lot of hospitals don't give their people that option, though, and when Epic goes live, there is no more dictation/transcription at all, which is a bad thing because the entries that the doctors make are crap and barely readable there are so many types and abbreviations in them.

Similar Messages:

Mayo Clinic
Apr 15, 2015

Does anyone currently work at Mayo Clinic doing transcription? Wondering how the work is and if there are a lot of ESL doctors. I am not talking about the subsideries in WI, MN where they outsourced to Amphion last year. I am talking about Mayo Clniic in Rochester. Thank you in advance for any info.  ...

Anyone Work At The Mayo Clinic?
Dec 20, 2014

Looking for feedback/information on working as an MLS or QC/QA at the Mayo Clinic. Thank you. ...

Mayo Clinic Hiring
Feb 15, 2015

This is for overflow.  Can train & work remotely.  Since we can't post URLs here go to indeed dot com and search "Medical Transcriptionist" for listing.  It's nice to see at least ONE hospital is hiring and eliminating the middle man!   Med/Surg Transcriptionist Job  Mayo Clinic  287 reviews - United States Requires successful completion of a vocational or associates degree program in medicaltranscription or&nbs ...

Confusion About The Mayo Clinic
Feb 23, 2015

Does anyone know what the latest status of the Mayo Clinic is, with regards to medical transcriptionists?  I remember they laid off something like 118 MT's last summer, and I believe someone here said they outsourced their work to Amphion.  So today I happened to look on the Mayo Clinic homepage under Jobs, and according to that, it says they're hiring "telecommute" MT's.  I can't find any mention of an MTSO... it appears to be a Mayo Clinic ad, not an MTSO ad ...

Anyone Ever Get A Job Offer From Mayo Clinic?
Mar 17, 2015

Wondering how long they take to get back once application is in "review". I'm interested in hearing from at home transcriptionists. Applied a month ago. Saw a status change on my application from "received" to "in review".  Any info? ...

Epic Taking MT Jobs Away?
Dec 04, 2011

I posted this in the VR/Speech Rec forum but reposted it here since that forum doesn't seem to get much traffic lately.   The hospital I work for changed over the Editscript last year.  Changeover went relatively smoothly, and we still had plenty of work to keep all the transcriptionists busy (after we stopped outsourcing the overflow we used to have).  Recently, the hospital switched to Epic electronic medical record system, and within a week the transcription workload plummeted to ...

What Is The Best Way To Go After Your Own Little Clinic Account?
Nov 13, 2010

My company just lost a huge account.  Since then I have not made much money at all.  I am scraping to get by.  After 10 years in the medical transcription field I am fed up.  I have always worked on such great accounts for good money.  Now, I cannot find something that is even average pay.  I am going to be taking a medical coding course; however, I still need to provide for my three kids.  I want to go out and solicit doctors and try to secure my own account, ...

Acquiring Clinic Account Of My Own
Aug 09, 2010

I just wanted to know if someone could tell me how to get an account of my own, (preferably clinic, something small). I have worked for large companies but now would like to check into getting an account of my own. Can someone please explain to me how to do this as I would appreciate it very much. Hope to hear from you soon! ...

Setting Up Clinic Account
Jun 07, 2011

I did transcription for a physician about 15 years ago (drove 20 miles to his office, picked up tapes and returned finished product 2-3 times a week).  He is unhappy with his current transcription service and wants me to do it again.  He uses a digital recorder now and I am not sure how to set things up so I can do it online or through email.  I would greatly appreciate any direction or advice in this area.  ...

Huge Account Going To EPIC
Oct 16, 2013

So, we were just informed that a huge account is being rolled out to EPIC and "assured" there would be "minimal" volume loss.  Can somebody who has been through this please give us the true facts?  I'm inclined to not want to drink the Nuance Kool-Aid. Thanks in advance. ...

Any Idea Which North Account Is Going Epic?
Apr 11, 2012

need the heads up please!!!! ...

TTS - Hiring For An Acute Care And A Clinic Account
Jun 23, 2010

I see they are hiring for an acute care and a clinic account. But they say you must have acute care experience. Does anyone know if this is true? I know I can ask the company, and I will, but I thought I would see if anyone here knew. ...

Just Heard EPIC Is Now Being Trained At My Main Account
Aug 16, 2010

Does not surprise me.. the Canned reports featured in EPIC I am sure will take over to completely do away transcriptionists.  Clearly healthcare is okay with homogenous reports that really are not particular to the patient, just trying to stay within the slimmest margin of the law.  It's like legal liability insurance...the bare minimum required. ...

Huge Account Going To Epic In The East Tomorrow
Jan 31, 2014

20 MTs are being moved elsewhere.   ...

Feedback From Anyone On Nuance Ambulatory Clinic Account And Using EMDAT
Sep 01, 2014

How productive is Emdat on Nuance Ambulatory Clinic accounts?  Platform seems easy to use, but can a person get a good line count? ...

If Your Account Also Uses Offshores Read This
Nov 01, 2013

Sunday is Diwali in India.  It's a huge festival weekend - the biggest holiday of the year there and so if you're asked to work extra - just know it's probably not the domestic folks taking off - it's the staff in India.   ...

Does Anyone Who Works On Epic Find That Once A Facility Goes To Epic You Have Some Work Left To
Sep 05, 2012

continue to do.  ...

Regarding Epic System. How Will The EMRs Do Regarding OR Reports. Will That Go To Epic Or Will The
Dec 20, 2011

speech or straight transcription.  Just wondering about that and DS, Consults, etc. ...

As Far As Epic Goes, What Will Happen To OR Reports On Epic. Will
Aug 02, 2012

that also do away with MTs doing OR reports which is about all I really do. ...

Do Some Of The Hospitals That Use DQS Also Use Epic Or Will Epic Replace
Aug 08, 2012

DQS completely and the hospital will drop MQ.  Just curious about that.  It seems Epic is the way to go and was not sure if that can be interspersed with DQS or eliminate MQ altogether with DQS.  ...

For The MT Who Got Mayo Callback For Interview
Mar 20, 2015

about how you managed that feat. What are your qualifications that set you apart from all of us who also applied and heard nothing or got the sorry letter? ...

Brock's Osteotome And Mayo Bag
May 19, 2015

Both of these are in the same file....... hip hemiarthroplasty.  s/l Brox osteotome and s/l sterile Mayo bag. ...

Mayo Hospital Cutting 188 Transcriptionists
May 30, 2014

In case anyone hadn't seen this.  In brief: Nearly 200 jobs in western Wisconsin are being cut, in a cost-saving measure by Mayo Clinic Health System.The company says it will contract out 188 medical transcriptionist jobs by Nov. 1 to Amphion Medical Solutions, based in Madison.Mayo said the move will save them 40 percent in expenses and it will try to re-assign affected employees to other openings within the company. It says Amphion will also discuss openings within their business.&l ...

I Am So Sick Of Bouncing Around From Account To Account
Nov 07, 2012

What a flippin joke. Didnt Amy say she was going to keep us in 1 account????   OMG, I have done evey account in my BOB this morning as well as some other Bob. I cant keep my head on straight anymore. It is spinning like a top. My production is down to minimum and I am at risk of being fired for not meeting production because some idiot decides to open the cesspool!   GO CCMs! GET YOUR 100% TAT... SCREW THE REST OF US. ...

Clinic Going VR With EHR
May 10, 2011

I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed over and over - I'm just starting to research it a bit.  (I haven't completely been under a rock but I have been in my own happy little world with my job ... until now).  I'm an IC transcriptionist (working from home) for a local clinic of 15 MDs/PAs.   Three of them are using Dragon Speak  VR  with EHR.  A fourth one just started.  What I want to know is if there is a place for me when m ...

What Is Epic
Jan 29, 2010

Please see my post below.  I was afraid it would get lost, and really would like to know what kind of threat Epic is to us.  I've lost one account to them, and now possibly another. ...

EMR, Epic, Etc.
Dec 12, 2011

With the hospitalis going to EMR, they are being forced to by the government is what was explained to me, i.e. Epic. So then my taxes are being used to put me out of business. ...

EPIC And MT
Jun 06, 2012

Nuance is certainly the reason for my cut in pay to the toon of around $700.00 a month!  However, how does everyone feel about EPIC further taking over our jobs by 2014?? ...

What Is Epic?
Feb 01, 2014

x ...

In-house Clinic Pay
Nov 16, 2010

I have an interview with a local eye clinic (there are six surgeons).  Just wondering what kind of salary to expect to be offered or ask for (!), having been paid as a remote MT/VR Editor by production for many years and haven't a clue about salaries in clinics any more.  It is not as an IC but as member of their staff, permanent, full-time, 40 hours a week. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA.   ...