A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

round table meeting - buffy

Posted: Jan 18, 2013

Today our inhouse hourly waged MTs group figured out a way to keep our work in our clinic and not being outsourced.  We are going to make our present wage AND get back some of the doctors that went to outside line count charge.  We put our heads together and figured it out and our director (not an MT in any way, shape, or form) is all for our plans.  Now that is what I call a first step to keeping our jobs in house!  We were scared to present this but it would have been worse if we did not.  So do not EVER give up hope.  We made it work in our favor.  Also there is so much work with my pt job w/Nuance I am swimming in it.  A good year maybe?  I hope so...Finally!

round table meeting - Pauline

[ In Reply To ..]
You are so lucky that someone listened to you. I was outsourced 5 years ago. 20 MTs lost their jobs. Administration did not discuss anything with us. Supervisors kept telling us stories about getting new equipment and the next thing we knew, they called a meeting one night and told us the bad news. We had no voice and I really do not think anyone stood up for us either. Wish I had that good job back. Hourly plus incentive, health insurance, PTO and was vested 100% and lost it all in about 5 minutes. Hope it works out for you all.

Round Table Meeting - Sunk

[ In Reply To ..]
Before our dept was outsourced, we were continually told it would not happen for at least a year; it happened in two months. Our supervisor who was the worse, thought she would stay on with the hospital, because she was such a "valued employee." She did nothing for us and just lied to keep us at bay, so no one would try and reorganize from within. Needeless to say, we went and so did she, right along with us. What was she going to do after our dept was outsourced? Who knows what she thought, but it was a nightmare and to this day, I hope I never, ever run into her again. She declined going with the company that took over and then she couldn't find a job at all. Who knows now?

Please elaborate a little bit. Might be helpful for others in a similar situation. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If keeping your current wages, you must have figured out some other cost savings? Or did you have evidence about the quality differences between in-house versus outsourced or what? I would love to have been a fly on the wall. And congratulations!

round table meeting - buffy

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks to your positive thoughts. We DID compare our wages versus a line count pay. We offered to take a wage cut AND we also offered to start getting paid by the line. The only thing we worried about most of all was our insurance which is everyone's huge issue. I can live without PTO, holiday pay, etc. but I need insurance. Our manager figured out that we are making about 23 cents per line with our costs to the doctors right now. She said we needed to get that cost down to 14 to 16 cents a line (to compare as if we are paid by line count) and to do that we needed to step up our production. Our dept did not average really high in production because we never had set standards before to meet a number daily. So it got figured out and she said we needed to be creating 150 lines an hour at least to meet the outside vendor competiion at that line count cost. She figured this out by comparing apples to apples and according to our hourly wage including benefits we are not overpricing when comparing it to a line count of around 14 to 16 cents a line. Now for quality, the docs that we lost at the first of the year do not have their reports returned as of yesterday back to EMR from Monday's dictation. We have NEVER been allowed that kind of TAT. And the quality is horrible so I am hoping it is an easy sell to get these docs back and go forward with new recruits coming in the door. This is the very FIRST time in a very long time that I have been positive about transcription. I just wish this was everyone's story.

Wow. So you are saying you have been compensated - what equats to about 23 cpl when

[ In Reply To ..]
you figure costs in (benefits, etc) but had no prior "standards" set and not even producing min production. You're now going to set 150 lph as the "bar?" It sounds like your dept had a free ride for quite some time until they put the breaks on it. Did you really wonder WHY they'd entertain outsourcing? This is just absolutely baffling. Forget India. I'm sorry this was just plain greed here and sounds like a situation you all had and took advantage of for some time.

Similar Messages:

Round And Round The Mulberry Buomplain I Go.
Apr 27, 2014

Less than a year ago, the account I worked on was completely off-shored (within about 6-9 months of Nuance purchasing Transcend).  I was put on a new account that supposedly had lots of work and it at least had a reasonable amount for a while.  I actually liked that account (or rather set of 2 accounts) which would explain why that account went to EPIC.  Today is my first day on a new set of accounts, new region, etc.  We were told that our account assignments were based on o ...

Is It Intra-table Or Anterior Table Of The Acetabulum
Apr 02, 2012

bone screw was placed into the, s/l, intra table area of the acetabulum....Looking at old report I see anterior table, s/l could be intra or inter table but not inner table, which is the only one I can confirm... ...

Round Plessage?
Sep 23, 2011

The patient has a Hills-Sachs lesion.  It sounds like they want to do a s/l round plessage??  for treatment.  I cannot find this anywhere and may just don't hear it right.  Thanks. ...

I Wish I Could Buy A Round Of Cosmos For All Of You
May 20, 2014

Without this board I would feel even more isolated than I already do, so I would like to say thank you to all of you for the support and the laughs. It makes work life a little easier for sure. Cheers to all of us enduring life as an MT in 2014, the crazy dictators, sketchy platform, demanding supervisors, etc etc....with dignity and pride for the important work that we do. Clink....and drink! :-)  ...

Audits At 99%. Has It Changed? Was It Round
Mar 20, 2013

just wondering.  Was it at a lower rate before.  and now its higher.  What is going on?  anyone know. was it always 99% and now its 99.5,  i thought a few years back it was like 95% ...

Jumping Off The MTSO Merry Go Round (sm)
May 11, 2010

A couple of months back I posted my opinion about how things started going south for MTs when we no longer worked directly for the hospitals.  I decided to put my paycheck where my mouth is and started looking.  Lo and behold, practically in my own backyard I found a large hospital group who had been outsourcing everything, but then took it back in house because of poor quality and TAT.  My new job starts in a few weeks.  Great benefits, more leave time than I curre ...

Round Rock/Pflugerville Area MTs
Jun 15, 2011

I'm looking for MTs in the Round Rock/Pflugerville/North Austin area to network with.  I've been in the business for 10+ years and just don't really know any MTs in my immediate area.  I'd love to hear from you! ...

A Round Of Applause For The Nuance Suits
Aug 17, 2013

Hundreds of jobs out of TAT this morning across the board.  Betcha the clients are getting a little bit cranky.  While you are holding your employees to unobtainable standards of perfection to perfect your VR so you can get rid of us and send the meager rest to India, you will have run this company into the ground first.  Don't the clients penalize you when reports are late?  Make sure you pass that loss on to us, the MTs.  Don't dare take respon ...

You Know Those Little Black Sponge Pads That Go Over The Round Type Headsets??.....
Sep 13, 2011

Does anyone know where to get GOOD quality ones?  I've been suckered TWICE by buying them online---they are these little thin things that break every single time before I can get them over the ear piece.   The only ones I've found so far that are good are the ones that come with the headset, but I don't want to buy a new headset every time I just need new pads.  I'd be so appreciative for advice on where to get good quality ones.  TIA!!!  ...

S/l Version Table
Feb 03, 2010

extension-biased home exercise program and s/l version table.   thanks ...

Ortho Table
Aug 26, 2010

This is an open reduction and percutaneous fixation procedure. " Patient was then taken to the operating room, placed in the supine position where her left arm was extended on the (s/l) Carter table...  " I cannot find a Carter table in any reference book or on Google.  Any ideas?   Thank you so much!  ~Reyna. ...

S/l Table Signs
Oct 15, 2011

No past reports to look this up and doctor does not repeat in the report. "# weeks post s/l table signs, left index"   The only thing it mentions about the index is it has a hypertrophic scar. Any ideas? Thank you avulsion injury laceration ...

Tilt Table
Mar 12, 2012

I am doing a tilt table study.  The dictator dictates blood pressure as 60 over s/l nod/naught.  What is the correct way to phrase this?  I have never encountered this before.  Thanks in advance. ...

Inversion Table
May 29, 2013

Has anyone used one of the inversion tables for a bad back?  ...

Reed Table 15
Jun 14, 2013

orthopedics, dictated: impairment of her right upper extremity due to the work-related injury. I consulted and checked with _____ table 15 to arrive at this figure s/l Reed? ...

Two Offers On My Table
Jun 05, 2014

About 3 years ago I was offered a position outside of home in a new medical practice, new doc in town.  They made me so many promises and offered so much, but long story short, I took the job, left my home MT job of 12 years with "big M co".  It was NOT a good move.  Mean doc who left all office decisions to his manager, who was fresh out of high school and a personal friend of his family...  There was constant firing and hiring going on. Last month, it was my turn.  ...

RadNet - Can You Create A Table?
Jul 20, 2010

Are there any RadNet users that know how to create a table in RadNet?  Is it possible?  I know how to create templates, but am stumped.  I know tabbing is not an option; but, occasionally one of my physicians would like me to create a table and have been unsuccessful thus far. Thanks!  ...

Sounds Like Boys Table
Jan 26, 2011

I have looked everywhere and I cannot find this.  I am doing an orthopedics operative report and the physician dictates "boys table".  Boyse table?  Boise table?  I cannot find anything anywhere.  ...

Tilt Table Test
Sep 08, 2011

It's me again. Any help appreciated please and thank you! Tilt table test. Sentence is: Nicole then felt hot and weak, she was pale, diaphoretic, complained of lightheadedness, started having excessive **s/l dysphoretic ** all over. Cannot verify this one. ...

PARTY OF 13, YOUR TABLE IS READY....
May 13, 2012

Allow me to introduce myself!  I am one of those very PROUD 13 women.  I am also very proud of the fact that I see so many others here who are willing to stand up and join us in this.  When I read over the very FEW posts from those who say we can't cut it, we are lazy, etc... I laugh.  Yes, you heard that right!  I laugh!  In their ignorance, they make untrue statements about me as they do not know me or my work ethic or my education level o ...

Hana Table - Capitalized OR NOT?
Dec 12, 2014

When I Google this word -- the word with the copyright symbol hana _is NOT capitalized. I am wondering how you would put in a document in the middle of a sentence? hana or Hana table? ...

Type Of Operating Room Table
Jun 12, 2011

Patient is having shoulder surgery.  Doctor is VERY fast and mumbling - "Under general endotracheal anesthesia and the patient supine on the ____  table,...." Sounds like hen-nic  or possibly even "head and neck" but I can't verify this in my books.  Thanks is advance for your time and your help!     ...

Spinal Cord Stim Placement; Pt Placed On S/l Radee Up Table/Radeyup
Oct 07, 2011

xx ...

Wow! Since The Meeting With Amy?
Oct 18, 2012

For 2 days now.  Yep...  out of turn around time for over 2 days.  There is overtime for these accounts,  but it seems NO ONE IS WORKING.  These accounts have never been out of turn around time.  ...

So Regarding This Meeting
Dec 11, 2012

All the build up and fussing for basically no reason? ...

Team Meeting
Feb 25, 2010

Just got email about a "team meeting" next week.  I wonder what it's about?  I don't remembering ever having one of these before in my area.  Maybe we're all going to be told we have to work nights now or our jobs are going 100% outsourced, or maybe we're going to get some actual steady work with the Spheris buy.  ...

Am I The Only One Who Hasn't Had A Meeting Yet About All The New Changes? Nm
Mar 05, 2010

nm ...

Acusis Meeting
Nov 02, 2010

Well now, don't all we US MTs at Acusis feel better after our quarterly meeting? After being informed of all the new accounts signed on, we are told that, of course, they are going to India. But this quote they left us with should soothe us. "In times of great change the learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves uniquely equipped to operate in a world that no longer exists." KMA! ...

DTS/Transcend Meeting Pay
Jun 28, 2011

Has anyone actually received pay for manditory meetings we attended discussing the transition from DTS to Transcend?  Our acct mgr even sent out an email saying that payment on the LAST meeting would be delayed until this pay period, but I find nothing on my check stub to suggest we've been paid for any of them yet.  If you have, where is the information located on your check stub?  All I have is straight pay and holiday pay. TIA ...

MT Meeting Today
Mar 19, 2012

The email said 12pm Eastern time, does that mean 11am central time? Sorry if seems like a stupid question, but just wanna be sure. I get confused with time zones. ...