A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

QASAR back. Also new ADHI best practices in 2011 - dnr

Posted: Dec 16, 2010

Here's the link for ADHI Quality Assessment and Best Practices http://www.ahdionline.org/Portals/0/downloads/QABestPracticesJuly2010.pdf or http://tinyurl.com/AHDI-best-practices In this document, they do point out there are valid reasons for blanks. So... if MQ is going to adopt this, we should no longer be punished for valid blanks. They also include standards for dictators and recognize that lack of dictator compliance with these standards is a cause for blanks. Plus, IMO, if QA cannot get it, it is valid! I've gotten the email before about "too many documents with 1+ blanks", and IMNHO, they were valid. Add to that, those documents I did submit because there were 3 or more blanks, but QA could not fill in these blanks either. In this document, they do give us MTs credit for using our best and professional judgement. Now, if I could only get paid for my professional work!

This document is dated July of 2010, not 2011 - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I meant to say MQ policy of using ADHI standards - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
will be implemented in 2011. ADHI wrote the standards in July 2010.

MQ thinks they will woo clients with getting in bed with ADHI.

too late - still sleepy

[ In Reply To ..]
You said "getting in bed." They have been in bed so long they have sores!

Here is what I would like to know, we have JHACO guidelines, BOS2 guidelines, client profile, MQ quidelines, and now the AHDI best practice guidelines... how the heck more confusing are they gonna make it?
Already confused - Meh
[ In Reply To ..]
No kidding! Anymore when they say follow such-n-such guidelines, honestly, I just guess and send it along.

Similar Messages:

Does Q Still Use Qasar?
Oct 13, 2010

j ...

Two Complaints Here, On QA/QASAR
Jan 22, 2010

Enlighten this old gal.   Weren't we told to change q.h.s. to at bedtime some time ago (AHDI rules)?   and also were we not supposed to be ignoring commas versus semicolons.   I majored in English in college.   I am an old-school grammar girl, and a former editor of a publishing company.  I do know my grammar and punctuation; but really it is not that crucial to the report.  Only when you leave out periods... Now, the qhs situation.  P ...

What Do Editors Think About Qasar?
Oct 07, 2010

nm ...

Did ADHI
Nov 24, 2013

their initials are decide that we now put HENT instead of HEENT? ASR has started putting HENT in the last week (at least on my accounts). Are they trying to squeeze that extra E out of us to save money for the shareholders? ...

How Do We Check Qasar Feedback?
Jul 27, 2010

. ...

Email About QASAR Feedback
Dec 15, 2010

From the email:     "Once the pilot beings, you may see a change ..." Beings?  How about BEGINS?????   We should all leave feedback for the typo in the email!!! ...

QASAR Line Counting??
May 21, 2011

Does anyone have any knowledge of what this qasar dep line counting means?  the technology part of the email states something to the fact that it replaces the old line counting method.  geez, i cannot keep up with their terminology and then to boot they send it out on friday afternoon when they know there is no chance we could get a hold of a ccm.  I have a funny feeling they are going to subtract whatever errors we have with or without an audit from our paycheck because ...

Getting Warned About QASAR Kicking In Today.
Feb 23, 2010

My question:  If I do not pass my audit (good chance I will not for MANY reasons), and the outcome is getting fired, WILL I BE ABLE TO COLLECT UNEMPLOYMENT AND GET TAA.  I would like to go back to school, no matter what the outcome is, and of course collect unemployement while attending school. I have been an MT for 30 years.  My audits are usually 97.8 and hard to get 98% ALL THE TIME with the horrible dictators.  If I get a couple of good dictators, then it is at 100%, lik ...

ADHI Vot For Mandatory Credentials
Aug 15, 2010

Did they vote to give themselves all a raise too?  They can have thier little votes amongst themselves until the cows come home.  It's never going to happen!  Not as long as so much work is allowed to be outsourced over seas.  It would be different if they were actually advocates for MTs and the industry as a whole, instead of promoting their own agenda.  Then, maybe they would actually be respected by the MTs themselves.  We need hea ...

ADHI CERTIFIED/EXPERIENCE
Jan 16, 2011

I saw a job posted on line for and MT with two years experience in radiology but ADHI certified is a must.  I have 28 years experience but I am not certified. After 28 years I am still learn new terminology every day.  What makes a company just because someone is certified that they are going to be a great MT?  I see no reason to be certified right now because medical transcription is really dying off.  ...

Everyone Should Read The ADHI Article On The
Mar 04, 2011

Advance for HIM website regarding credntialing for all MTs.  ...

ADHI Finally Got Something Right! NEMT
Aug 10, 2012

ADHI named NEMT as the employer of the year, which for once I actually agree with them on!  Aftering being with this company for over 2 years I have to say they are awesome to work for. For example, The owner sends emails to all the ICs letting them know what is going on with the company as a whole, rather than keeping everyeone in the dark and having everything be all hush hush and on a need to know basis.   We get paid weekly and get $50 each quarter for passing our audits.   ...

What Is The ATA? The Sound Like ADHI In Sheep's Clothing
Dec 28, 2010

I just saw a posting by the ATA.  They sound like ADHI (wolf) in sheep's clothing.  Their "dues" are also astronomical.   If these companies were legitimate they would charge "dues" more in focus with what a medical transcriptionist earns.  I for one cannot afford $100.00 a year for dues to any club, job or otherwise. If anybody not from ATA has more information on this groop please inform me. ...

ADHI's Acute Care Module
Jan 29, 2012

I saw that ADHI offers an acute care module for those of us looking to get into acute care transcription. I have been doing OBGYN. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it worth it? ...

Cranial Nerves - Arabic Or Roman #s - ADHI?
May 20, 2010

I need documentation about cranial nerves.  Got QA edited from using roman numerals, i.e. cranial nerves II through XII versus cranial nerves 2 through 12.  According to my notes, either is okay, but QA said preferred way is 2 through 12, and I got "edited" for it.  Ugh. Anybody?  Thanks.  ...

Best Practices Protocol
Dec 04, 2009

Patient has COPD exacerbation and acute bronchitis.  Doc dictates, "The patient was started on the best practices protocol."  Any information?  Is this an internal set of procedures or possibly a standard of care for the specialty? ...

QA And Feedback Practices
Oct 03, 2011

I was wondering what others think about this.  When QA sends feedback at my company, the feedback is also sent to all regional manager and all the team leaders in that region. I think this creates unnecessary embarassment and humiliation for the MT getting the feedback and I feel this practice is unfair, especially when they are not critical errors. Feedback is supposed to be helpful and encourage the MT to improve and step up their game but when it is done th ...

Shady Practices
Apr 02, 2013

I recently got 'promoted' to MME, having taken the test with the understanding that I would receive a 5% pay raise to my transcription and VR base rates (according to MM intranet MME FAQs document).  But the recent e-mail we received, asking tier-3 MTs to become MMEs, says we are "eligible to be considered for" a pay raise.  What?  Does that mean my raise is going to be raffled off or something?  Feels like bait and switch, and just another example of sketchy practi ...

Did Anyone Else Get Get An F11 Best Practices Email?
Apr 10, 2013

I F11`d a report a few weeks ago and now I got a generic F11 best practices email. It states the only acceptable use of F11 is an exception listed in a CP. I have never seen that in a CP! I have also found, besides being very inefficiently written, many CPs are out of date, i.e., states you must do certain things that have since changed. It is SO frustrating! The document was such a hot mess that I had to retype it as 90% of the ASR was garbage. ...

New Medquist Article About Best Practices
Aug 06, 2010

AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- 2010 AHDI Conference -- MedQuist Inc. (Nasdaq: MEDQ), a leading provider of technology-enabled clinical documentation services, continues to support industry best practices for quality standards and metrics.  Together with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI), the Medical Transcription Industry Association (MTIA) and other industry quality leaders, ...

Precyse Hiring Practices
Feb 07, 2013

Hi everyone:)  This is in reference to the message left about applying for work at Precyse.  One MT stated that their hiring practices left a lot to be desired and she took the test and felt she wasted her time.  I am now among the ranks of those that tried and didn't make it.  I took the test, and looked over everything carefully and felt I had done a good job.  I took the job in the late evening and not even 1 hour later I got a message that I was not a "good fit ...

Deceptive Hiring Practices?
May 26, 2013

FYI, when negotiating with potential employer, DO pin them down in detail about how they pay for *editing*. My recent experience: Offered job paying 8 cents straight typing (which there is not much of), and 4 cents for editing. I was aware up front that the edited line was considered 1-1/2 *regular lines*, or 97.5 characters (Visible Black, of course) constituted an edited line. Most recent information regarding this pay, their software was not able to calculate the 97.5 rate for editing, so t ...

Skipping The Year 2011
Dec 07, 2010

Apparently this doctor thinks that the new year coming up is 2012.  He has dictated in two separate reports that these patients have procedures scheduled for January 2012 and they are in for their preoperative evaluation now.  Either that or these patients are getting their preoperative evaluation more than a year in advance.  I wish doctors/dictators could be reprimaned for their mistakes.  ...

2011 MT Survey Now Live
Mar 11, 2011

Dear all, I'm pleased to announce that the 2011 MT Survey is now live.  If you remember the 2007 MT Survey, this is a continuation of that (with some changes).  In the previous survey, we received 3800 responses, which culminated in the report MTs on the Radar (you can find it at http://ehealthrecords.wordpress.com/publications/).  We are hoping for another successful survey. So if you are interested in completing the survey, you can go to http://www.medicaltranscriptio ...

Keystrokes 4/25/2011 Ad For 50+ Transcriptionists
May 05, 2011

Anyone heard back from this ad?  I received a letter stating they were reviewing my resume.    ...

Recently Given A 2011 PDR, Keep/sell??
Feb 28, 2012

The doc I work for gave me his 2011 Physicians Desk Reference.  Is that something that would be good refereance material for an MT??? ...

Who Do I Contact About Unfair Labor Practices?
Aug 12, 2011

I had a very bad experience recenly with a company which will remain unnamed.    I had been  intentionally decieved about some policies.    If I recall correctly I had read something about the labor board.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to contact them.   This was an INTENTIONAL , DELIBERATE misrepresentation.   Since I am no longer with said company I really have nothing to lose.   I have also read repeated co ...

RE: DISABILITY AND HIRING/FIRING PRACTICES
Mar 20, 2014

Hi, I was just pondering something: This does not apply to me personally, but I was curious as to whether any company, say MModal, Nuance, etc. have ever laid off any disabled employees, like visually impaired, paraplegic, etc. due to quality of work or whatever. I was curious if they have employees who work for them who are disabled in this way and if they have ever terminated any of them, what kind of legal trouble could they make?   ...

The Tax Loopholes HAVE BEEN CLOSED Effective 2011!!
Aug 26, 2010

The bill has finally passed.  It is not illegal for companies to offshore, it is just not so profitable for them to do so.   ...

Help! Transcend 2011 Payroll Schedule
Dec 30, 2010

I have misplaced my 2011 payroll schedule.  Can somebody tell me if our December pay period ended on 12/28/2010?  For some reason, that sticks in my mind.  Thanks :) ...