A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ADHI finally got something right! NEMT - Daisy

Posted: Aug 10, 2012

ADHI named NEMT as the employer of the year, which for once I actually agree with them on!  Aftering being with this company for over 2 years I have to say they are awesome to work for.

For example,

The owner sends emails to all the ICs letting them know what is going on with the company as a whole, rather than keeping everyeone in the dark and having everything be all hush hush and on a need to know basis.  

We get paid weekly and get $50 each quarter for passing our audits.  These are the kinds of perks that aren't -necessary- but they do it anyway, which is nice.  

The audits are also fair, not overly nit-picky, and the QA is friendly and responsive.  They still adhere to the policy of rather having you leave it blank than get it wrong.  No being penalized for too many blanks or any of that other nonsense I hear about on the boards.

From the top management on down everyone goes out of their way to try to build a team mentality and treat the ICs with respect.  

Yes I know, the pay is low-average, usually .08 for hospital I think.  But that's the industry as a whole, not just this company.   It is hard for a small company to compete when M Modal and Nuance are out there offering hospitals these super low rates because they treat their MTs like dirt.  

You can't put a price on respect.  The fact that I like my job, my accounts, my manager, and this company is totally priceless.  Realistically I'd have to find something making a lot more per line to convince me to leave this company, and let's face it the days of making a lot of money in this industry are pretty much over.  

I also understand that accounts vary and some accounts and account managers are likely better than others.  But I've had 2 different account managers who were both great and worked on 4 different accounts for this company that were all the sort of cream puff accounts that most MTs would drool over.  Also makes it easy to get good line counts which helps with the mediocre pay.

I thank my stars every times I read some of the horror stories on other companies that I work for NEMT.  If you ever see an opening posted for this company (and they don't seem to happen all that often) I would encourage you to apply!

until they force you to work weekends on call - and drop your pay to 6 cpl for clinic

[ In Reply To ..]
And lose accounts left and right...

But ok.

and as an IC at that! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
How in the world can they force you to be on call for a weekend as an IC????? Good question for the DOL.

Employer of they year? Dont they only hire IC, not employee? - oh... you mean for management?

[ In Reply To ..]
Gotcha... maybe for the management team, they are the best. For IC, I think 6 and 7 cpl is too low, but whatever.

I agree! - B

[ In Reply To ..]
Great company. I make 8.25 cpl, which is not the best or worst. It's straight transcription too, which is refreshing. Great platform, built in expander system, good IM system...This is my 2nd of 3 companies, and it's been the best. I worked for them for 2 years and then had to leave because I needed insurance, but I recently came back. I missed doing the straight transcription so much. I know things could change at anytime, but to be happy somewhere, anywhere, is priceless.

Great company - FormerMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have to agree they are wonderful folks, great to work for but you do have to take into account that the pay is sooooooo low.

I am sure that the owner is enjoying her status on the NASDAQ, it was wonderful to receive the e-mail annoucing this and then the other e-mail stating we would not be getting raises in the coming year.

Also, the quarterly bonus used to be much higher and they were sticklers in an attempt to avoid paying them. I left the company over this. I figured if they needed the money that much they should have it. I find they hire almost quarterly.

Again, the pay is low, as it is everywhere else, but they are in a better position to pay more, they simply choose not to, and at your expense.

I don't particularly care if someone is nice to me, with this company they should be when their salary is at my expense. So, I would say enjoy the money ladies, technology will phase you out sooner rather than later!

Now they are front and center. Hope they do not get scooped - in a merger. Just saying.

[ In Reply To ..]
Glad you found a nice home though. It's nice to hear there are still good companies out there.

Figures AHDI would pick a company that pays little to nothing. nm - blech

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

AAMT/AHDI Directors have never known which way was up! - Disgusted

[ In Reply To ..]
Their choice of NEMT may be fine. I don't know anything about that. I just know that every decision AAMT/AHDI under Claudia Tessier and Peter Preziosi have hurt me more than helped. I just hope the new leadership does a better job than they have done in the past. Typically I believe awards like this have gone to the people who have the most money and power that will be helpful to AAMT/AHDI. I would so love to think that the policy has changed. My fear is that the old habits are way too strong to break.

Why they make (made) the wrong decisions year after year - In my opinion

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think it's malicious necessarily. I just don't think they know better. They aren't ignorant people. They just make ignorant decisions based on poor value systems.

Once they changed the name to AHDI and started supporting offshoring, sm - COMT

[ In Reply To ..]
they stabbed the American MT in the back and lost all of my respect (and my financial support). If they think a company is great, then I think I will stay far away from it. JMO.

Claudia and Peter were not good for us - That word PARTNERING sets off alarms

[ In Reply To ..]
Claudia and Peter were not good for MTs. They both just seem to have a vision that didn't include the best interests of anyone but themselves. There's nothing wrong with that. People need to look out for themselves. I just am glad not to have to pay their salaries. I will be very careful when I join organizations in the future to know exactly where my money is going, whether it goes to the big corporations (which I think it did in many cases in the past) or to big salaries for the directors, who were raking in big money for making deals with the big guys. Whenever I hear that word, 'partnering with', it just sets off huge blinking ALARM buttons. I don't want to do business with or belong to anyone who is 'partnering with' anyone. We've been burned that way in the past and many of us have learned our lesson, the hard way.

I think we believed they were smart and thought that would mean - good things for us

[ In Reply To ..]
What I've learned is, leaders can be very smart and even have the best of intentions, but lack common sense, or possibly values and integrity. Any leader of any organization has a different mixture of all of those. In the case of AAMT/AHDI, it started out well, but then they were, in my opinion, 'bought' by the big guys. After that, everyone profited except the little guys, the members who were depending on them to look out for our best interests. They didn't. The rest is history. Hopefully we won't fall for it again.
The end result was, it meant good things ($$$) for them - At Our Expense
[ In Reply To ..]
They did very well for themselves.

They drove us into the ground and then deserted us - To make a long story short

[ In Reply To ..]
They made decisions that caused MTs pain, and then deserted us. I will never again trust people who run organizations. I will never again believe what they say.

I'm not saying that they aren't fun, likable people to be around. I wasn't looking for a friend when I joined an organization that I hoped would be there for us.

Disgusted - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh yes, there IS something wrong with that. Claudia and Peter were good for Claudia and Peter. They built their empire on the backs of MTs who trusted them, all the while selling them out. And you don't find anything wrong in that?
I want an organization that can't be bought! - What We Need
[ In Reply To ..]
I know very well which ones have benefited in the past and which ones are continuing to get perks at our expense. Does anyone know who and what else will be force-fed to us? I would rather see the organization go under than promote that which shouldn't be promoted.

If they had been an organization that could not be bought, they would be on solid ground right now.
Everything/everybody can be bought. And the price to sell our - jobs out from under us is not high. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I was offered a sizable amount of money to go overseas to sell out American MTs - Declined The Offer
[ In Reply To ..]
I was offered a good amount of money to go overseas to teach MT to people who would then charge less than American MTs and cut us out of the picture. I declined the offer. It has to do with ethics and values.

I was surprised and disgusted to see others taking similar offers. When all was said and done, I was glad I made the decision I made. I would make the same decision again.
Declined the Offer - Susan
[ In Reply To ..]
I was with MDI-MD back in the day when its owner proudly stated she would never offshore. The day they announced their merger with Transcend, I served my notice that I was going to quit. I told her that I simply could not in all conscience work for a company that offshored. She tried to get me to stay but I said no way, no how.

Have we ever had a Director who actually was a successful working MT? - Just wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
It just occurred to me that the AAMT/AHDI Directors weren't really practicing MTs. Could that be part of the problem? I don't see how anyone can solve problems related to a career if they've never actually been successfully employed at it. Maybe we'd best remember that in the future when we're choosing leaders.

Just wondering - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure, but we had some sorority sister/queen bee wannabe types. Does that count?

Equally to blame are those who put incompetent leaders in office and keep them there - We are all to blame

[ In Reply To ..]
We all have to accept responsibility for putting incompetent leaders in office and helping to keep them there. We just need to learn from our mistakes and do better next time, if there is a next time.

In my estimation.... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
although your analogy makes perfect sense, I have to question...HOW can we "do better next time" when there is not any one of them who is any different from the other?? Choosing "the lesser of two evils" is not the answer either, as I have been told so often over the past few weeks when trying to decide who to vote for.
If we were to Define our ideal candidate to lead an MT organization - Moving From The Past To The Future
[ In Reply To ..]
Whether the leaders of the past have been good, bad, or a mixture, I'm wondering how would most of us here on this forum define what we want in a leader to take us forward?

I haven't been paying attention, so I don't even know who the current Director is or whether he/she fits my description of an ideal MT organization leader.

For me, nothing would be more important than integrity. Next would be knowledge of who the membership is and what we want---good paying jobs.

I would want to know that they can't be bought out by anyone. I would want them to be accountable only to us, not to any organization, MTSO, or Tom, Dick, or Harry who wants to take advantage of us by pressuring us this way or that.

They would have to stop saying they don't represent us but only represent the medical record itself or whatever it is the little disclaimer they always give. That was when I tuned out. I am not a patient's medical record and see no reason to join an organization that clearly states they don't recognize, acknowledge, value, or represent me, but represent a lifeless entity instead.

Then I would want the person to be a skilled medical transcriptionist.

I would want them to understand that they will have more membership dues to work with once they offer something in return for our money. Last time I checked the organization was trying to sell us a never-ending list of seminars that most of us can't afford that they insist we had to have, or else. None of those turned out to be as great as they were promoted to be, although they may have turned out to be money-makers for the organization and the creators of whatever products they are selling, Offer educational benefits for free or don't offer them at all. Don't get in bed with one after another company or organization.

Will we ever see that kind of candidate for leadership? Will the organization wake up to the fact that we need representation, not products to buy?
I don't want a good-old-boy (gal) or 'rah-rah' kind of a leader - My Choice
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't want a cheerleader. I don't want a 'feel-good' kind of leader who talks in platitudes.

I don't want someone who talks in corporate speak.

There was one memo that came out from the top of AHDI that was so twisted and contorted from corporate-speak that my friends and I read it out loud and laughed. That's not what we need.

The truth is, it wasn't funny. It was a failed attempt to be condescending to us as members. It was as if someone had thought that if they twisted the words enough, we wouldn't understand them. Maybe that was the goal. We need someone who can speak and write intelligently as well as care about us as people. At least Claudia did speak and write well.

We can do better than what we had.
How about some good old-fashioned common sense - for a change?
[ In Reply To ..]
I would just like to see a little bit of good, old-fashioned common sense. Forget talking down to us. Just stop making decisions just for the sake of making them. Use some common sense.
Which of our leaders took (not sent) our work overseas? - I would like to know
[ In Reply To ..]
Which of our leaders that we put in office helped send our work overseas? Which of them traveled and worked overseas while they represented us at the same time as officers and Directors? That was wrong. Even if the work would have gone overseas anyway, they didn't need to profit from it at our expense while holding themselves up as honorable people.

What do I want in a future leader? I know what I don't want. I don't want someone who will stab us in the back the way some have done in the past. I have strong feelings about the people who did that.
Country leaders not to blame. Owners of private companies - can have US, India or whoever do their work.nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Not talking about country leaders - talking about AAMT/AHDI leaders - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Several were recruited to teach overseas, and did it. They had high visibility because of their AAMT/AHDI positions and were apparently recruited because of their connections.
Whatever. Still, private owner of private MT company, can have - whoever he/she wants to do the work. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
But I don't have to have anything to do with anyone who promotes taking work - away from American MTs
[ In Reply To ..]
They can do as they please, of course. They can also try to partner with officers of organizations, but I don't have to belong to those organizations or approve of the behavior of those officers who turn against American MTs.
No, you don't. Do you work now for MTSO that uses only US ppl? - If you dont want the work, 1000s others do. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I know what you mean. I had the same problem. - To Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I know exactly what you mean. I almost gave up trying to find someone to vote for.

The Reason Why I Believe It's Time For AHDI To Shut Its Doors For Good - The Party Is Over

[ In Reply To ..]
I was watching this thread to see if anyone would come in with anything in the organization's defense. The harm is done. AAMT leaders got on planes and traveled to other countries to promote their taking work away from us. That was a kick in the teeth many of us can't forget.

I saw nothing worthwhile come out of ACE this year. I think it's time to turn out the lights, lock the door, and go home. The party's over.

We needed answers, not puff pieces and motivational speakers - Motivated? I am motivated

[ In Reply To ..]
I think we could have done without the motivational speakers. What we need is answers. We need solutions. It does us no good to just keep defining the problems and then having a pep rally. If there are no answers, just say so and let us go home. Don't charge money and give nothing in return.
I don't know how others can afford to go and still pay the bills - Not A Wise Choice of My Time and Money
[ In Reply To ..]
You pay $$$ to attend the convention, more for airfare, hotel room, transportation, food, and that doesn't come close to making up for the money lost when I was away from work. I will think long and hard before I go to another one. It just isn't a wise use of my time and money.

I don't think I will apply to NEMT - Been around the block

[ In Reply To ..]
Anybody who is in bed with AHDI does not get my vote.

Similar Messages:

Did ADHI
Nov 24, 2013

their initials are decide that we now put HENT instead of HEENT? ASR has started putting HENT in the last week (at least on my accounts). Are they trying to squeeze that extra E out of us to save money for the shareholders? ...

ADHI Vot For Mandatory Credentials
Aug 15, 2010

Did they vote to give themselves all a raise too?  They can have thier little votes amongst themselves until the cows come home.  It's never going to happen!  Not as long as so much work is allowed to be outsourced over seas.  It would be different if they were actually advocates for MTs and the industry as a whole, instead of promoting their own agenda.  Then, maybe they would actually be respected by the MTs themselves.  We need hea ...

ADHI CERTIFIED/EXPERIENCE
Jan 16, 2011

I saw a job posted on line for and MT with two years experience in radiology but ADHI certified is a must.  I have 28 years experience but I am not certified. After 28 years I am still learn new terminology every day.  What makes a company just because someone is certified that they are going to be a great MT?  I see no reason to be certified right now because medical transcription is really dying off.  ...

Everyone Should Read The ADHI Article On The
Mar 04, 2011

Advance for HIM website regarding credntialing for all MTs.  ...

What Is The ATA? The Sound Like ADHI In Sheep's Clothing
Dec 28, 2010

I just saw a posting by the ATA.  They sound like ADHI (wolf) in sheep's clothing.  Their "dues" are also astronomical.   If these companies were legitimate they would charge "dues" more in focus with what a medical transcriptionist earns.  I for one cannot afford $100.00 a year for dues to any club, job or otherwise. If anybody not from ATA has more information on this groop please inform me. ...

ADHI's Acute Care Module
Jan 29, 2012

I saw that ADHI offers an acute care module for those of us looking to get into acute care transcription. I have been doing OBGYN. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it worth it? ...

Cranial Nerves - Arabic Or Roman #s - ADHI?
May 20, 2010

I need documentation about cranial nerves.  Got QA edited from using roman numerals, i.e. cranial nerves II through XII versus cranial nerves 2 through 12.  According to my notes, either is okay, but QA said preferred way is 2 through 12, and I got "edited" for it.  Ugh. Anybody?  Thanks.  ...

QASAR Back. Also New ADHI Best Practices In 2011
Dec 16, 2010

Here's the link for ADHI Quality Assessment and Best Practices http://www.ahdionline.org/Portals/0/downloads/QABestPracticesJuly2010.pdf or http://tinyurl.com/AHDI-best-practices In this document, they do point out there are valid reasons for blanks. So... if MQ is going to adopt this, we should no longer be punished for valid blanks. They also include standards for dictators and recognize that lack of dictator compliance with these standards is a cause for blanks. Plus, IMO, ...

NEMT, Seriously?
Aug 04, 2010

Has anyone taken the IC pre-hiring test for NEMT?  It's four dictations and a fill-in-the-blank.  Like lots of other MTs, I'm trying to find some extra $$$ because my primary has been running low on work lately.  I thought I did quite well, only one dictation did I leave three blanks because it was ESL and although I'm usually proficient with ESL, we all know it takes time to acclimate yourself to the dictator.  They sent me a polite e-mail this ...

The NEMT Gal
Aug 07, 2010

Just days after doubting myself a bit and worrying about not finding more work, I landed a great IC gig yesterday!  Got my resume out there and timing is everything.  Better pay, opportunity to advance, straight transcription, and most of all less chance of running out of work.  To all the MTs out there struggling and staying with a company that sucks, it is possible to get out.  It's taken me 2-1/2 years of doing IC to get to this point.  Keep pushing and never g ...

I Know Pay Is Low At NEMT, But Is There
Oct 23, 2010

I need a part-time IC job and was hoping they had enough work to go around. They use Meditech, right? ...

NEMT EIN
Jan 14, 2011

Can anyone inbox me NEMTs EIN for taxes.  They said they will not be mailing 1099 until end of the month!! ...

TTS And NEMT
May 24, 2012

Has anyone worked for TTS before?  Do you know if the quality of work is good?  They seem to only want a committment to 15 jobs a day.  How can that be? Can anyone give me any information on NEMT?  Are they good to work for? Thank you so much.  ...

NEMT On VR?
Mar 31, 2014

Does anyone know if NEMT is utilizing VR on Chartnet?  TIA? ...

NEMT Anything?
Jul 14, 2014

Has anyone heard anything from NEMT on their two jobs on MTjobs posted over a week or more ago? ...

My NEMT Experience
Feb 22, 2011

Just wanted to post my experience with NEMT for everyone.  For me this is an absolutely fantastic place to work.  Basically, if you can produce good quality work and want to be appreciated for it then this would be a good fit. What you've heard about them being picky is true.  If you want to work for them you better bring your A game and you have GOT to be able to accept constructive criticism.  BUT, the QA is very consistent, fair and helpful.  Not to mention real ...

My Experience With NEMT
Apr 02, 2011

I thought I would let everyone know the experience I had with NEMT.  I have never had an experience quite like this one.  Do not assume when you are hired that you HAVE the job.  I was hired as an IC MT for NEMT.  I started my orientation, which is basically training, not this last Monday but the Monday before.  You get on at 7 am cst and stay on until 1 pm cst.  You have to have a minimum of 5 reports during that time, which was not possible except for one day.&nbs ...

NEMT Insurance?
Aug 11, 2011

Can anyone shed some light on what kind of insurance NEMT (Maine) has for their employees and the cost?  Thanks! ...

Amphion Vs NEMT Vs TTS
Aug 27, 2012

anyone know how these companies are to work for? GOOD OR BAD... ...

NEMT, Out Of Maine
Nov 13, 2013

Does anyone have recent experience working for NEMT (New England Medical Transcription) out of Maine? I like the idea of being IC instead of employee and just looking for some honest personal experiences MTs have had with them.  Thanks!  ...

NEMT Pay On Time?
Jul 10, 2014

Could anyone who has worked for or currently work for NEMT tell how they are to work for as far as QA goes, if they pay on time, and whether or not you run out of work on a regular basis? Thanks! ...

NEMT Not Hiring MTs In MI/IL
Jul 26, 2014

FYI for everyone looking to hire into NEMT, they do not hire anyone located in Michigan or Illinois :) Thought I would let you know so you don't waste your time. I am personally done with the MT game. Start a bus driver job this week, will be making the same I did with all these recent MTSOs with a much better schedule. What a crying shame what the industry has come to. Don't hire with Keystrokes either, they are losing accounts as well. Good luck. ...

Anyone Work For NEMT
Sep 11, 2014

Would you tell me the good/bad about this organization?  Sometimes the good outweighs the bad and that is what I am looking for in a company.   ...

InScribe And NEMT
Sep 23, 2014

I was wondering if anyone could give me some Info about InScribe or NEMT? Pros, cons. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has tested with NEMT how long did it take to hear back? Thank you ...

NEMT Good, Bad Or Otherwise?
Jan 05, 2015

Anyone have any info on NEMT? Appreciate any input here. thanks ...

NEMT Info Anyone
Feb 11, 2015

Has anyone ever worked for or know anything about NEMT?  It seems as if they are always looking for MTs.  I just heard from them and was thinking of pursuing the opportunity.  I would sincerely appreciate any input, good or bad.  Thank you! ...

NEMT Anyone Tested
Feb 15, 2015

Has anyone tested for NEMT?  If so, what did you think?  Thanks! ...

NEMT Testing?
Feb 28, 2015

So, did anyone ever receive a job offer from NEMT? I tested at 2 a.m., after working two other shifts, in order to meet their 24-hour deadline.  Wasn't feeling very "elite," shouldn't have even submitted it, but didn't want to be a no-show. ...

NEMT / IC & Schedule
Jun 25, 2015

So is this legit?  Most places I've worked in the past 10 or so years gave me a 24-hour window to accomplish my goal for the day.  I tend to work best in chunks with time in between for, you know, life.  I get that if I were an independent contractor to a lawn service, say, I obviously wouldn't mow lawns at 2:00 a.m.  But "the client needs a schedule" seems a little wonky. Any thoughts - preferably the productive kind and not the snarky kind please... ...

NEMT - Any Recent Info?
Jul 10, 2012

Need recent info - searched archives, but nothing recent.  They don't seem to want to disclose their line rate. ...