A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

skipping the year 2011 - 1mt

Posted: Dec 07, 2010

Apparently this doctor thinks that the new year coming up is 2012.  He has dictated in two separate reports that these patients have procedures scheduled for January 2012 and they are in for their preoperative evaluation now.  Either that or these patients are getting their preoperative evaluation more than a year in advance.  I wish doctors/dictators could be reprimaned for their mistakes. 

LOL! He's probably a Republican. ;D - Nocturnal MT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I just snorted coffee out of my nose!! nm - time for bed

[ In Reply To ..]
x

skipping the year 2011 - earlymusicus

[ In Reply To ..]
Makes you wonder if he knows something about 2011 that we don't know! And maybe don't want to know, either. LOL

Similar Messages:

I Made A Total Of $19,000 For 2011. Would Anyone Mind Sharing What They Made For The Year. I Am Ju
Jan 27, 2012

hopeful ...

VR Skipping Out...
Jul 09, 2014

If VR is such a good thing, then why is it missing chunks of text here and there throughout several reports I've had to edit recently. Dictation pretty clear otherwise. This is really suspicious activity going on here and it's increasing... ...

Skipping Jobs
Apr 24, 2011

For the person(s) skipping jobs today.  I am on to you and I will let my CCM know with job numbers and times dictated.  I am sick of this.  If you cannot do the work, flip burgers at Wendy's.  I have seen some of the jobs you abandon with half of it typed, wrong format, blanks that a 3-year-old could understand, words missed.  I am not perfect, but I do call myself an MT and for good reason.  If I cannot understand something I will do my best with tools I ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

Foot Pedal Dictation Has Been "skipping" And Repeating A Few Words
Apr 09, 2013

Hi...I am not sure if this is a foot pedal problem or a computer problem. In the last few days, the dictation has been "skipping" and repeating a few words over and over before returning to normal. I have restarted my computer, but the problem continues. Has anyone ever had this problem? Thanks! ...

2011 MT Survey Now Live
Mar 11, 2011

Dear all, I'm pleased to announce that the 2011 MT Survey is now live.  If you remember the 2007 MT Survey, this is a continuation of that (with some changes).  In the previous survey, we received 3800 responses, which culminated in the report MTs on the Radar (you can find it at http://ehealthrecords.wordpress.com/publications/).  We are hoping for another successful survey. So if you are interested in completing the survey, you can go to http://www.medicaltranscriptio ...

Keystrokes 4/25/2011 Ad For 50+ Transcriptionists
May 05, 2011

Anyone heard back from this ad?  I received a letter stating they were reviewing my resume.    ...

Recently Given A 2011 PDR, Keep/sell??
Feb 28, 2012

The doc I work for gave me his 2011 Physicians Desk Reference.  Is that something that would be good refereance material for an MT??? ...

The Tax Loopholes HAVE BEEN CLOSED Effective 2011!!
Aug 26, 2010

The bill has finally passed.  It is not illegal for companies to offshore, it is just not so profitable for them to do so.   ...

Help! Transcend 2011 Payroll Schedule
Dec 30, 2010

I have misplaced my 2011 payroll schedule.  Can somebody tell me if our December pay period ended on 12/28/2010?  For some reason, that sticks in my mind.  Thanks :) ...

Any Predictions About MTSO Mergers For 2011?
Dec 31, 2010

nm ...

NY Suggestion So All MTs Here Achieve Satisfaction In 2011
Jan 02, 2011

It's very simple and I am very serious: 1.  If you are unhappy with how the MT career is changing, unhappy with the new pay (it won't go back up, folks, only down further), unhappy with changes in technolog, etc.:   Do something THIS YEAR to get out of MT work completely.  Don't feel you can venture too far from it?  Do something like coding/billing.  Want to stay in the medical world?  How about LPN or RN?  Dental Hygienist?  HR speci ...

Check Out 2011 Executive Salaries
Aug 13, 2014

Poor Mr. Davenport only earned a little over 3 million.  So sad.  I guess my giving up eating was worth it.   http://www1.salary.com/MMODAL-INC-Executive-Salaries.html ...

Saunders Pharm Word Book 2011 And CD
Nov 11, 2010

I have just used the Saunders Pharm Books for years and not the CD.  I'd love some feedback if you have used the CD and how you like it or even what is your preference regarding drug books.  Thanks! ...

QASAR Back. Also New ADHI Best Practices In 2011
Dec 16, 2010

Here's the link for ADHI Quality Assessment and Best Practices http://www.ahdionline.org/Portals/0/downloads/QABestPracticesJuly2010.pdf or http://tinyurl.com/AHDI-best-practices In this document, they do point out there are valid reasons for blanks. So... if MQ is going to adopt this, we should no longer be punished for valid blanks. They also include standards for dictators and recognize that lack of dictator compliance with these standards is a cause for blanks. Plus, IMO, ...

Would You Still Recommend At-home Medical Transcription, In 2011
Nov 05, 2011

I was trained as a Medical Transcriptionist at a two-year college from 1990 to 1992.  I worked at a hospital for a couple of years doing radiology, non-invasive cardiology, and neurology transcription, then I got married and moved.  Soon thereafter, I started work at a mental health clinic as a Medical Transcriptionist with 12 other transcriptionists.  This was in late 1993 and I am still there as of right now.  The 12 transcriptionists have either left or been laid off over ...

Health Care Employment Up 315,000 Jobs 2011
Jan 06, 2012

New job figures out today: Health care continued to add jobs in December (+23,000); employment in hospitals increased by 10,000. Over the year, health care employment has risen by 315,000. Any increase in health care employment is good for MTs. ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

Year Old Versus Year-old
Aug 28, 2014

If no noun following such as female or male should this be hyphenated, i.e. if stated "A 10 year old has stomachache".... should it be "A 10-year-old has stomachache" ..... ...

New Year, New Me!
Jan 19, 2011

I am checking out my community college catalogue and getting excited at so many interesting courses.  I'm not looking for a long, drawn out process or degree, just some subjects that will be fun, creative and could also translate into making me more marketable.   As an MT, I lean more toward writing, computer, and maybe even something medical, as opposed to something like car mechanics or accounting.  Any ideas?     ...

40-ish Year Old - Sm
Feb 01, 2011

Doctor says: "He is a 40 ish year old white male in no acute distress." What is the right way to transcribe the 40 ish part?  I've seen a lot of different ways.  I was thinking "40-ish-year-old" but not completely sure.  TIA for any help! ...

New Year's Day
Jan 02, 2012

Hello fellow MQ MT's, Does anyone know if we get paid time and a half for New Year's Day?  I've looked up and down on MQ Central but can't find holiday pay listed anywhere.  Thanks!  ...

So Now A Year Or More Later With V/R..
Oct 03, 2012

DOES anyone actually double their lines ?      if not, shouldnt our pay go back up since their justification for halving our pay did not pan out?   Ha!   ...

With The New Year Need To Think About
Jan 01, 2013

I spent the morning reflecting and trying to figure out what to do and where this profession/company is heading.  In doing web searches found that MModal is opening up yet another center in Mysore, India and hoping to employee 500 employees.  I guess I am trying to figure out if it is indeed cheaper to employee Indians than US based employees after all the perks the Indians get like healthcare for the whole family including parents until they are 80, gym, free transportation, the cost ...

Is It Possible An 85 Year Could Have A
Mar 14, 2013

I had always thought pack year meant the number of years someone has been smoking.  ...

Just One More Year (hopefully)
Aug 17, 2013

My daughter will be driving and I can leave transcription/editing !   I just hope there is enough work to last that year.  I love working at home.  I've worked with some mean office women before who are backstabbing and downright evil, but at least I had security in my paycheck and paying my bills.  This job has been great as far as being home with my daughter when she gets out of school and being home when she is sick, but now she is older and when she starts drivi ...

Here's To The New Year -- More BS
Dec 30, 2013

Besides issues with a company that seems to have workflow problems and therefore tells the independent contractors to not work on their scheduled days because the work is low or on another day is sending e-mails that there is extra work and everyone needs to hustle , there is now a notice that there will be an adjustment in line rates.  Of note, this company does not pay the highest line rates to start with. They want a schedule and we're expected to be available AND must produce a min ...

New Year
Jan 01, 2014

Is today a Nuance holiday? ...

My Last Year With MM
Jan 24, 2014

I'm only staying this year for the insurance.  I'm pretty sure they won't be able to offer it so cheap next year. Then I'll be free to do whatever I want. ...

Do You Any MTs Making $50,000 Or More Per Year?
Nov 11, 2009

Does anyone know personally of any MT who makes $50,000 a year or more?  A college recruiter called me at home one night and asked what I did for a living and when I told her I did not make that kind of money she said "I was told most MTs make around $50,000 a year.  Only in my dreams.  LOL.  ...