A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Best practices protocol - lcmelvin

Posted: Dec 04, 2009

Patient has COPD exacerbation and acute bronchitis.  Doc dictates, "The patient was started on the best practices protocol."  Any information?  Is this an internal set of procedures or possibly a standard of care for the specialty?

Best-practice protocols - in New England Journal

[ In Reply To ..]
hope that helps

Similar Messages:

QA And Feedback Practices
Oct 03, 2011

I was wondering what others think about this.  When QA sends feedback at my company, the feedback is also sent to all regional manager and all the team leaders in that region. I think this creates unnecessary embarassment and humiliation for the MT getting the feedback and I feel this practice is unfair, especially when they are not critical errors. Feedback is supposed to be helpful and encourage the MT to improve and step up their game but when it is done th ...

Shady Practices
Apr 02, 2013

I recently got 'promoted' to MME, having taken the test with the understanding that I would receive a 5% pay raise to my transcription and VR base rates (according to MM intranet MME FAQs document).  But the recent e-mail we received, asking tier-3 MTs to become MMEs, says we are "eligible to be considered for" a pay raise.  What?  Does that mean my raise is going to be raffled off or something?  Feels like bait and switch, and just another example of sketchy practi ...

Did Anyone Else Get Get An F11 Best Practices Email?
Apr 10, 2013

I F11`d a report a few weeks ago and now I got a generic F11 best practices email. It states the only acceptable use of F11 is an exception listed in a CP. I have never seen that in a CP! I have also found, besides being very inefficiently written, many CPs are out of date, i.e., states you must do certain things that have since changed. It is SO frustrating! The document was such a hot mess that I had to retype it as 90% of the ASR was garbage. ...

New Medquist Article About Best Practices
Aug 06, 2010

AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- 2010 AHDI Conference -- MedQuist Inc. (Nasdaq: MEDQ), a leading provider of technology-enabled clinical documentation services, continues to support industry best practices for quality standards and metrics.  Together with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI), the Medical Transcription Industry Association (MTIA) and other industry quality leaders, ...

Precyse Hiring Practices
Feb 07, 2013

Hi everyone:)  This is in reference to the message left about applying for work at Precyse.  One MT stated that their hiring practices left a lot to be desired and she took the test and felt she wasted her time.  I am now among the ranks of those that tried and didn't make it.  I took the test, and looked over everything carefully and felt I had done a good job.  I took the job in the late evening and not even 1 hour later I got a message that I was not a "good fit ...

Deceptive Hiring Practices?
May 26, 2013

FYI, when negotiating with potential employer, DO pin them down in detail about how they pay for *editing*. My recent experience: Offered job paying 8 cents straight typing (which there is not much of), and 4 cents for editing. I was aware up front that the edited line was considered 1-1/2 *regular lines*, or 97.5 characters (Visible Black, of course) constituted an edited line. Most recent information regarding this pay, their software was not able to calculate the 97.5 rate for editing, so t ...

Who Do I Contact About Unfair Labor Practices?
Aug 12, 2011

I had a very bad experience recenly with a company which will remain unnamed.    I had been  intentionally decieved about some policies.    If I recall correctly I had read something about the labor board.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to contact them.   This was an INTENTIONAL , DELIBERATE misrepresentation.   Since I am no longer with said company I really have nothing to lose.   I have also read repeated co ...

RE: DISABILITY AND HIRING/FIRING PRACTICES
Mar 20, 2014

Hi, I was just pondering something: This does not apply to me personally, but I was curious as to whether any company, say MModal, Nuance, etc. have ever laid off any disabled employees, like visually impaired, paraplegic, etc. due to quality of work or whatever. I was curious if they have employees who work for them who are disabled in this way and if they have ever terminated any of them, what kind of legal trouble could they make?   ...

The Unconstitutional Employment Practices Of MedQuist And CBay
Mar 17, 2010

I'm NOT an attorney; therefore, cannot give any legal advice.  If you want to pursue the issues addressed below, please consult an attorney.   In the case of Department of State v. Washington Post Co., 456 US 595 (1982), the Department of State refused to disclose private information of individuals to an "American" corporation, "Washington Post", citing the policy of not disclosing "personnel and medical files and similar files the disclosure of which would constitute a clearly ...

QASAR Back. Also New ADHI Best Practices In 2011
Dec 16, 2010

Here's the link for ADHI Quality Assessment and Best Practices http://www.ahdionline.org/Portals/0/downloads/QABestPracticesJuly2010.pdf or http://tinyurl.com/AHDI-best-practices In this document, they do point out there are valid reasons for blanks. So... if MQ is going to adopt this, we should no longer be punished for valid blanks. They also include standards for dictators and recognize that lack of dictator compliance with these standards is a cause for blanks. Plus, IMO, ...

Interesting Article About Fraudulent Scribing Practices
Mar 09, 2014

Hmmmmmm...I think I'll pass on trying to become a scribe. I don't think I could do what this scribe is asked to do. ...

Voice Recognition Vs Transcribing, Unjust Hiring Practices
Mar 21, 2011

Over the past four months I have been hired by companies ***** after passing all the necessary tests and background checks as a medical  transcriptionist.  Each and every time I was offered $ 0.9/line, told I would have very little voice recognition if any which, would pay anywhere from $0.3 to 0.5/line. Once I get onboard and through training, I find out 90% is voice recognition!!  I am applying for medical transcriptionist jobs - not Editor, QA, or Speech. I have been in t ...

ASE Protocol
Jun 19, 2010

Has anyone come across this term?  It is being used in relation to alcohol withdrawal.  I know of CIWA scales, protocol.  Have researched this term more times than I can count and still cannot find it.  Thanks so much!  Happy Saturday ;0) ...

Wsc Protocol?
Sep 12, 2010

I've done this doctor many times, same procedure hysterectomy/D&C.. and never heard him start with WSC protocol.. anyone hear of this?   PROCEDURE:The standard WSC protocol was utilized. Endocervical curettage took place. The internal os was dilated and the hysteroscope ...

Protocol Help
Sep 15, 2010

doctor dictating:  She was evaluated and judged to require hospital admission by ____ protocol to a medical floor.   S/L CURB, KERR, something with a hard KKK sound at the beg.  Any ideas?  Thanks for any help ...

MAT Protocol???
Feb 12, 2011

I'm having a brain freeze.  For breathing treatments, is it MAT or MAC protocol.  I thing MAC is for anesthesia an MAT is for breathing ,but I can't seem to remember.   Thanks ...

MAC And MAT Protocol
Mar 19, 2011

I know what MAC protocol is, but what is MAT protocol?   I'm sure the doc is saying MAT because she spells it out after she says MAT. Thanks ...

NJA Protocol
Nov 26, 2014

We were sent an e-mail by our TSA regarding the NJA process :  Wait 6 minutes/call workflow team leads/Submit remedy ticket/automatically approved to make up the same day.   I would like to just have the no pay than work the holiday.  I know some people don't mind working holidays, why don't they set up a system where we can volunteer to work and if that doesn't work why don't we rotate holidays?  Just a thought.  ...

Coumadin Protocol
Feb 20, 2010

ESL dictator states Coumadin per S/L Rothman or Rostman protocol.  Any ideas? ...

MONA B Protocol
Jul 22, 2010

Patient started on the MONA B protocol for chest pain.  Help!! ...

So What Is The Protocol Of What We Are Supposed To Do
Oct 25, 2010

Wasn't sure what is the latest and greatest policy of what I am suppsoed to do? Can you tell I don't pay attention to their e-mails? Thanks in advance.  ...

Cows Protocol?
Jun 18, 2011

This one's got me stumped.  It sounds likes "cows" protocol.   Below is the sentence in its entirety. She was also put on a "cows" protocol to protect her from opiate withdrawal. ...

Warfarin Protocol Help
Dec 27, 2010

D:  ...has been on warfarin on a 6 6 7 protocol.   I've found 6: 6.7, 6: 6-7, and 6.6.7.  Does anybody know which is actually correct?  TIA! ...

Protocol For Quitting MQ
Jan 28, 2011

Anyone on here who has quit the Q? Did you give 2 weeks notice or what? What did they do when you told them? Did you email or place a call? ...

Is It Against HIPPA Protocol...
Nov 07, 2013

To email transcribed medical records? I'm training with a small company & she's having me email completed reports to the "manager." I think this is a HIPPA violation... ...

Dobutamine Echo Protocol? Sm
Nov 16, 2009

"The patient was administered dobutamine per s/l heart station protocol.  The patient received 10, 20 and 30 mcg/kg per minute."   Any ideas?  Thanks for any help.  ...

Stress Echo Protocol Help Please
Feb 11, 2010

Looking for a protocol for a stress echo that s/l MBA exilier?? Can't reference anything similar.  Thanks so much!! ...

ETOH Abuse Protocol
Apr 30, 2010

S/l cydox protocol for ETOH abuse, any ideas??? ...

Tracheostomy - SCIP Protocol
Nov 03, 2011

Cannot verify "SCIP/SKIP" protocol will not be used.  Any verifications/thoughts?  Thanks. ...

FTP (file Transfer Protocol) What Do I Do Now?
Nov 11, 2011

I have downloaded FileZilla to use as a FTP. I have never dealt with this before as my company always set these kind of things up, but now am interested in a job that requires I have my own. Now that it seems to be set up, what do I do now? Or would I just wait until the job sends me some files? Feel so stupid, but really don't know what to do now. Thanks for any advice. ...